Mythic Hero Battle: Thrasir

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hilda I looked away for a while and the SI has gotten even more amazing. It's great that you've managed to make these Askrs work with their Prfs even in Abyssals. This is probably the first time I've seen Alfonse's Special refine anywhere, and it destroyed Thrasir.

@Alexmender My Kagerou and mage Celica actually used to be S Supported. I guess Kagerou still has great synergy with Celica, hmm?

Eirika strong as ever. I actually wondered if this map would give you trouble, since Panic is an element, Thrasir is fast and Killing Intent makes it an even bigger issue, and the blue armor is going to be an annoying presence for Eirika. Looks like you figured it out well without issue, though.

I forget, has an Abyssal map featured The Cleaner yet?

Nice Hilda clear too. I actually tried my Hilda early on, but the strat I was employing led to her always being debuffed or under 100% HP before fighting Thrasir, and thus getting doubled.

@LordFrigid Hmm, wow. So now you have all the colours covered. Celica Ophelia Thrasir. I guess Nino could've done this, but Blade tomes don't count.

@Alexmender Well done on the Eirkia solo! Kind of frustrating to hear about the nature dilemma so soon after you changed natures but good to see you made it work. At least taking out Thrasir early was a good decision, not having to deal with Panic Smoke too long, although the clear slowed down a little bit in the middle waiting for the tin cans to come to their death haha.

Officer Hilda sure does some good work, Mordecai did a great job on Smite duty for the first part of the map haha. DC is a great A skill on her. Hope you get to fix Winter Eirika's bane when she gets rerun!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Brave Celica sure had some firepower in that clear! Also great to see Kagero work, I keep flip-flopping if I want to use +Atk or +Spd but I guess your clear helps make this decision. Also very fitting to have Brave Veronica in this map too with her support.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @mampfoid @Kaden

The first run i did for this is the ussual 4 Eliwood set up feat. Son Eliwood and had an OK blooper but i feel like that is too repetitive. Tried to have Xander in the run but Xander didn't quite have the punch to blow up Veronica(press F for her not Alt), so i ended up running a semi optimized version of the Xander run

Introduing, Eliwood with Blue Hair and Etrurian Scum Eliwood. Why did they keep making Eliwood alt? Nobody knows, but it caused son Eliwood to bang his head into the wall

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I didn't mention this yet.

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM units, the hard mode was all beasts and dragons.

Lunatic and Infernal cleared with the same squad as for my Eliwood Infernal clear (L!Eliwood, Sothis, SummerLaegjarn, Queen Michiah). Figuring out just how to sort out the Infernal was a interesting challenge, lots of things in specific order so I didn't lose.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:30 AM, Alexmender said:

Welp, this is awfully late. Stupid exam week, didn't gave me time to focus on FEH clears

Let's start with some comments because it seems I can't get the right time to do them nowadays.

@Landmaster Keaton is OP as always, once he reached Vantage range, it was game over for Thrasir and her mooks. It was a clever idea to use S!Elise as a chill magnet with LnD and B!Hector really did a number on those pesky reds. Then we have the music, funny how it is the theme for the only 3H route I haven't played yet (I got a little burned out after doing the school phase 3 times in a row) but the theme made the clear feel mythical which fits incredibly well for a MHB. 

@mcsilas Wow! You managed to clear this annoying map with just a base F!Berkut! That's really impressive, the fallen theme really fit in this map and seeing the full control you had over the AI was a sight to behold. Despite having units with mostly base kits it never felt like they were in danger and instead it was Thrasir's army who needed to fear the wrath of the fallen heroes! 

@SatsumaFSoysoy No need to deal with Thrasir's shenanigans if she's gone at the beginning of the match. Smite is very useful on this map and all the GF+Teleport shenanigans Kagero and Celica did were on point! They just went and demolished the map in the blink of an eye. That was an awesome clear! 

- - - - -

This time there's two clears to make up for how late I am this time. 

First we go for a classic Eirika solo. 

This one was quite tricky because it was very hard for Eirika to double Thrasir well done me, changing her nature to +Atk just when she needed the Spd the most, and after getting to the Spd threshold I found that she was lacking in damage. Actually, the initial clear was a semi solo because Kaden took a hit but I always thought I could do better, and after an hour of trial and error this clear came to be. 

For the second clear I'll put the silly context inside the spoiler box. 

Hide contents

It's been almost two months since Officer Hilda's first real task at dealing with Team Skull. While she was enjoying a carefree lifestyle full of free time to make accessories and also having unlimited time to nap as she saw fit a new menace was rapidly approaching. 

October 4th. The APD (Askran Police Department) has recieved news that a powerful general has taken parts of Embla and seems to be planning on invading Askr soon while the Order of Heroes is still looking for a way to deal with Hel in the realm of the dead. Officer Hilda had planned to go into a shopping spree with a cleric that mysteriously resembles her but she groans as she hears the sirens requesting for the elite officer squad to assemble ASAP. Seeing her (not so) trusty co-workers make her think that they should take care of the menace while she provides logistic support from the base, however everyone knows Hilda's abilities to deal with unsavory situations is second only to veteran officer Eirika. Now it falls upon Officer Hilda and the rest of the CCS (Crisis Control Squad) to deal with the mysterious entity before Askr falls into ruin. 

Eirika didn't clear this one as quick as usual with all the reinforcement triggers, but it was no less impressive! Still a lot of pesky blues she had to deal with and take extra Atk is looking good overall in the long run, still were able to get the nice double on Thrasir!

Officer Hilda is doing great on the job, only needed a bit of help here and there but she still tore through all of those enemies without breaking a sweat, so she should be proud of herself.

Initially posted this in the wrong place, so here it is in the right one:

---

Finally beat Thrasir Abyssal! I didn't bother with it much initially, then tried to follow PM1's strat but I don't have Brave Micaiah. Ended up fielding Spring Camilla in her place, which worked out, at least for the first three turns. After that I ended up diverging completely, since PM1's strategy calls for debuffing the blue mage but I couldn't find a good way to do that.

Torrent Dance seal on Azura was a funny little adjustment that turned out to be the final key I needed, since Eir needed a bit more Res to survive a hit from the red cav but something like Drive Res would have kept her from taking enough damage from the manakete for Azura to warp to her with Wings of Mercy. Another funny thing was how few skills Camilla turned out to need to pull it off.

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

• 2 weeks later...

@LordFrigid Here I thought for a second that maybe this map was going to be challenging for you with the placement of the enemies and the armor directly in front of you but nope. Add another dead abyssal map to the pile of corpses. Ephraim didn't even Galeforce. That almost exact kill on the manakete was pretty clutch though. Also points for Peri. I don't even like her but it's always refreshing to see such an underutilized unit.

@Ginko Man your team made that look easy... The second clear was just a clean sweep. The way Kaze wiped Thrasir with no fear of the cleric and the way Kagero just flew across the map and took the armor out effortlessly. It really was nothing for them.

@Xenomata Don't typically see clears from you! Julia and Celica are forces of nature here, but the highlight was definitely Nino surviving that firesweep sword. Really gutsy move there.

@Diovani Bressan I don't really watch your clears but the team composition was pretty unique so I gave it a look. DC Vantage Levataein was pretty awesome. I completely forgot she exists (even though I have her) and her oneshot potential is through the roof. The 90 damage on Thrasir man... Excellent music choice as well. I really thought it was going to be the Reinhardt show but he really was just a cog in the machine on this one. If anything Yune outshined him.

@DLNarshen Finally a clear that made you bust out a full team! Julius missing the kill on the manakete by 2 HP was seriously irritating but he made up for it tanking and killing Thrasir. Mystic Boost really saved his bacon again here. Reinhardt and Nanna rounded out the team but it seemed like they were really just here to keep the riff raff away from the siblings so they could work.

@Landmaster The exact kill on that bow cav with Keaton though! I thought that this was just a pretty impressive clear with the synergy of your team, Keaton doing his thing and killing Thrasir, everyone playing their part and the usual thing. Then I realized this was Abyssal which then kinda took me back a bit. Really nice work here even if I tend to sound like a broken record. Also loved the cinematic synergy with the music at 4:06. Everyone is killing it with the stage themes here.

@mcsilas Cinematic brilliance. Of every clear I've seen so far yours is the most like a real final boss map. The music was perfect and Thrasir's looming presence could be felt throughout the entire clear as opposed to most people's clears where she's dealt with on the 2nd to 3rd turn. A favorite to be sure. Bonus points for it almost being a mono-blue team when the big baddie is green.

@SatsumaFSoysoy I knew Thrasir was going to die on the first turn. The armor splitting up your team early on made things scary but Celica really proved herself here. Defying the WT by not only surviving a hit from him but nuking him in one round of combat. The rest of the clear was just a well oiled machine. Kagero may not hit as hard against the Abyssal enemies but she didn't miss a beat here.

@Hilda True dedication. That's all I have to say about this one. I wanted to do an Askr clear at the beginning, but I knew I didn't even remotely have the fodder I'd need to give them the power to beat the map. Even on infernal. Major props to you for getting the job done as always.

@Alexmender Don't worry too much about comments. Just enjoy and do it whenever you find the time if you do at all.

To this day I've never pulled a +ATK Matthew but I don't regret my +SPD nature one bit just because of all the scenarios just like this one right here. You made the double happen anyways though and that's what matters. I wouldn't have even considered a solo here so you pulling that off is a feat in and of itself. Kaden's moblity really helped you here. The formation dance on the 7th and 8th turns was magic as well. Just out of curiosity if you pulled SPD Tactic fodder would you consider swapping out swapping out Ylgr for Brave Lucina? The Breath Effect on Eirika would probably take her over the top. 

lol that Hilda plot though! (The shopping spree with Serra is what really got me...) I liked how Hilda retreated for a second near the beginning of the clear only to be danced by Ryoma and given a prompt "Get back in there!" from Mordecai. You really optimized the use of his weapon's debuffing potential enabling Eirika to finish the bow cav. Mordecai himself utterly rejecting the weapon triangle against the axe wasn't bad either. Hilda missing the kill on Thrasir had me go "Oh come on!" IRL but she was probably just being too lazy to muster up the last 2 points of damage. Of course, her getting the final kill as well was only natural.

@Anacybele @Dayni @NegativeExponents- @Usana @Cute Chao @Quintessence @silverserpent @daisy jane @eclipse @Baldrick

Incredibly late you guys but you guys are probably used to it by now. No real intro statements this time around. 5 clears though. Let's do it.

Was going to pass on a Matthew clear with the OG team but I just decided to go for it and got it in a couple of tries. Matthew needed the armor to be chilled in order to damage him enough to remove his chill as well as Drive ATK and SPD from Ayra to deal with him and have enough SPD to deal with Thrasir. After that the team kicks in and things are more like old times with the OGs working together to overcome the map with Matt leading the front as well as giving his team the bulk they need to survive the enemies daunting attacks. Ayra says no to the WT with the help of Genny and we have a clutch moment or two before we close out the map in a pretty satisfying fashion. Glad I went ahead and did this one, it was the one clear that almost didn't happen.

By far the hardest clear, there were so many hard counters that couldn't be dealt with quickly by Morgan's team. The manakete with R-Tomebreaker was a nope for everyone but Ninian, Thrasir had more firepower than Morgan could handle, Amelia couldn't kill the fridge without support and the Firesweep flier was a big N-O to the entire team. I ended up having to rely yet again on kiting with Priscilla to start out the map, chipping away at Thrasir's forces (while deleting her as fast as possible) and relying on the team's trademark warping to escape certain death. Morgan needed the weirdest A and S combination you'll ever see on him in order to survive an encounter with the blue mage, Priscilla needed to be smart about when she procced Miracle and 3/4ths of the team needed WoM but they survived and came out on top. I swear Morgan's clears are easily the most thought provoking. Even more-so than Abyssal clears.

What was originally going to be the first clear we have Serra's here in her usual 3rd spot. For her clear Serra had to forgo Absorb for a full offensive set of nuclear power. Here she's rekindled her power as a true colorless mage. She has to survive an onslaught at the beginning of the clear and after that her true power awakens and she becomes a nuclear warhead that would impress even the likes of Nino, Celica and Matthew. She needed Razzle Dazzle this time around, a combination I rarely use in order to deal with her opponents. Fae also had to leave Aether at home and grab Fierce Stance in order to scare the axe cav into going for Eliwood near the start. Otherwise he would drag her and leave Azura exposed to certain death. Unlike the other teams Serra went ahead and said no to the axe armor spawning and just went ahead and finished things early.

Ok, now here's our Abyssal clear with Matt and the super buff squad. Thrasir needed to be deleted quickly but things were pretty straightforward after that. Matt can't be everywhere at once so everyone got some action this time around but the beauty of Matt is that he's not a nuke, but an omnitank that doubles as support. So he does a great job of keeping everyone alive while the enemy forces suicide on him. He's a true wall of death. All that being said, this was a team effort to be sure.

For our last clear Matt and Serra meet up with their lord again for another FE7 clear. I've been looking forward to this one the most. This time Hector gets to stretch his legs and Serra gets her chance to shine. Matt funnily enough plays the smallest role and even needed a small skill swap in order to get the firepower needed to perform. Without doing things his way and getting the buffs/debuffs/support from his teams and frontline combat his damage is pretty unremarkable as you well know. It was refreshing to return him to his original supportive role, even if only for a little while. Serra goes nuclear and Hector does his thing as a tank as you'd expect. 

As opposed to Sothis, this is a far more balanced clear and everyone gets their fair share, though you could say Serra was the star. After taking a hit to get double brazens going she took off running and never stopped. You could also say that Ninian needed a little "push" from Hector in order to give Serra what she needed to perform. It always feels awesome to see these three wreck shop together.

And now we rest.

Cheers~

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

@DLNarshen Finally a clear that made you bust out a full team! Julius missing the kill on the manakete by 2 HP was seriously irritating but he made up for it tanking and killing Thrasir. Mystic Boost really saved his bacon again here. Reinhardt and Nanna rounded out the team but it seemed like they were really just here to keep the riff raff away from the siblings so they could work.

It was really was annoying.  I had tried a couple of ways to one-round him on the counter attack, but it would always mess something else up later down the road.  In this case it was better to forgo efficiency to just get the thing done. 

Was going to pass on a Matthew clear with the OG team but I just decided to go for it and got it in a couple of tries. Matthew needed the armor to be chilled in order to damage him enough to remove his chill as well as Drive ATK and SPD from Ayra to deal with him and have enough SPD to deal with Thrasir. After that the team kicks in and things are more like old times with the OGs working together to overcome the map with Matt leading the front as well as giving his team the bulk they need to survive the enemies daunting attacks. Ayra says no to the WT with the help of Genny and we have a clutch moment or two before we close out the map in a pretty satisfying fashion. Glad I went ahead and did this one, it was the one clear that almost didn't happen.

This one really felt like a "legacy" Matthew clear.  Everyone gets to contribute a lot, and it almost hearkens back to a time before the Matthew refine.  I was really surprised to see Ayra take no damage from the Brave Bow cavalier.

By far the hardest clear, there were so many hard counters that couldn't be dealt with quickly by Morgan's team. The manakete with R-Tomebreaker was a nope for everyone but Ninian, Thrasir had more firepower than Morgan could handle, Amelia couldn't kill the fridge without support and the Firesweep flier was a big N-O to the entire team. I ended up having to rely yet again on kiting with Priscilla to start out the map, chipping away at Thrasir's forces (while deleting her as fast as possible) and relying on the team's trademark warping to escape certain death. Morgan needed the weirdest A and S combination you'll ever see on him in order to survive an encounter with the blue mage, Priscilla needed to be smart about when she procced Miracle and 3/4ths of the team needed WoM but they survived and came out on top. I swear Morgan's clears are easily the most thought provoking. Even more-so than Abyssal clears.

The unorthodox skill combinations and overall low power level of the team made it a fun one to watch!  It's a good thing range units move before melee, otherwise not even Miracle would have saved Priscilla.

What was originally going to be the first clear we have Serra's here in her usual 3rd spot. For her clear Serra had to forgo Absorb for a full offensive set of nuclear power. Here she's rekindled her power as a true colorless mage. She has to survive an onslaught at the beginning of the clear and after that her true power awakens and she becomes a nuclear warhead that would impress even the likes of Nino, Celica and Matthew. She needed Razzle Dazzle this time around, a combination I rarely use in order to deal with her opponents. Fae also had to leave Aether at home and grab Fierce Stance in order to scare the axe cav into going for Eliwood near the start. Otherwise he would drag her and leave Azura exposed to certain death. Unlike the other teams Serra went ahead and said no to the axe armor spawning and just went ahead and finished things early.

Return of the Pain + Savage Blow combo!  Double Brazen is so good - it was funny to see that was where all of Serra's damage was coming from on the Thrasir engagement. x)

Ok, now here's our Abyssal clear with Matt and the super buff squad. Thrasir needed to be deleted quickly but things were pretty straightforward after that. Matt can't be everywhere at once so everyone got some action this time around but the beauty of Matt is that he's not a nuke, but an omnitank that doubles as support. So he does a great job of keeping everyone alive while the enemy forces suicide on him. He's a true wall of death. All that being said, this was a team effort to be sure.

It's weird to see L!Azura engaging in combat and actually performing respectfully.  Omnitank is an apt descriptor for Matthew's abilities - after that first engagement, it seems like little can hope to do too much to him, and then not die in return.

For our last clear Matt and Serra meet up with their lord again for another FE7 clear. I've been looking forward to this one the most. This time Hector gets to stretch his legs and Serra gets her chance to shine. Matt funnily enough plays the smallest role and even needed a small skill swap in order to get the firepower needed to perform. Without doing things his way and getting the buffs/debuffs/support from his teams and frontline combat his damage is pretty unremarkable as you well know. It was refreshing to return him to his original supportive role, even if only for a little while. Serra goes nuclear and Hector does his thing as a tank as you'd expect. 

As opposed to Sothis, this is a far more balanced clear and everyone gets their fair share, though you could say Serra was the star. After taking a hit to get double brazens going she took off running and never stopped. You could also say that Ninian needed a little "push" from Hector in order to give Serra what she needed to perform. It always feels awesome to see these three wreck shop together.

I was wondering when we'd see a clear like this again!  I think I was most impressed by Hector's performance here.  If only we had Oswin in this game, and we could full Hector + retainers clears...

On 10/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, Zeo said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy I knew Thrasir was going to die on the first turn.

What gave it away lol?

On 10/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, Zeo said:

The armor splitting up your team early on made things scary but Celica really proved herself here. Defying the WT by not only surviving a hit from him but nuking him in one round of combat. The rest of the clear was just a well oiled machine. Kagero may not hit as hard against the Abyssal enemies but she didn't miss a beat here.

I wasn't too worried about splitting Kagerou up since I figured I could eventually WoM back, but the way it turned out that the split was very short anyway.

Kagerou's Prf is surprisingly easy to proc against Abyssal enemies. They don't tend to creep Atk stats much.

Business as usual with Matthew. I figured it'd be a funny interaction with debuffs vs debuffs, but as long as Thrasir can't double, she isn't too much trouble.

Honestly did a double take when I realized both Serra and Fae were receiving the LWood Bonus Doubler. It's quite nice to see gen 1 ranged units like my Kagero and your Serra manage to double Thrasir, though that Panic Smoke right after was scary, and didn't stop being scary even after she died, with the healer, bow cav and red dragon looming.

That's a nice theme team. Just missing Oswin! Serra taking out Thrasir was cool again, but that was a close call with Ninian.

Been listening to some Sawano recently, huh? I approve.

@Zeo I think I love the Fe7 theme clear with Hector, Serra, Matthew and Ninian the most. Just satisfying to see themed clears with synergy like that. Serra barely edged a win against Thrasir but those Brazen powers sure did their magic. Kind of funny to see Hector not move so much thanks to his armour movement though, especially in a map like this. Support Matthew is quite refreshing!

So proud of Abyssal Matthew, he's gone so far since the days you started video clears. His sustain is just a sight to see, a sustain tank that spreads debuffs is always fun to watch.

Pure offense Serra with double Brazens is a thing of beauty. Razzle Dazzle on top of that = mayhem. Interesting how Fae went with Luna this time, but it didn't matter too much, the team still has great synergy together.

Really interesting to see Armoured Blow and Atk/Def Bond use on Morgan! I feel you in those times when Morgan's Res can't quite keep up on par against mages. Still, sometimes you have to think creatively. Again, the map is very annoying but it's a good thing this team already has warp skills in their arsenal. Great tactical use of Priscilla, her cav movement is really useful in maps full of columns like these.

As for the first Matthew clear, I love how the team held their ground at the same spot for most of the map. Ayra tanking both the lance and the Brave bow archer (ting ting!) though was impressive.

• 2 months later...

Celica was 1 damage short of KO'ing Thrasir last time but she's back. Almost had Peony take a lance to the face from that cavalier during an earlier attempt but having LH!Azura tank the dragon worked out fine as well. 

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

Fashionably late to this. Trying to catch up on a bunch of Abyssals since taking a break from the game. Hopefully I can do Altina and Bramimond before time's up. 

Team is Jeorge (+10), Reyson (+1), Maria (+10) and Bride Ninian. Lowkey true MVP is Maria. Pain splash damage worked well here. I had to give away summoner support to make Kaze more functional. But I'm super happy that Jeorge held out fine without it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 12:44 AM, GuiltyLove said:

I took Brazen Atk Res from Altina and put it on Clair so that she could survive the dragon. Spd Res Solo might have been cooler though. Oh well!

This was a great clear, Clair and Palla were awesome and held their own with the newer flying ladies. Looked like an Infernal clear with how easy everyone went down. Great work!