October 2019 Legendary/Mythic Hero Speculation

NSSKG151

October Legendary Hero Wish  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to next Legendary Hero to be?

• Celica
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Micaiah
    • Chrom
    • Corrin
    • Xander
    • Lif
    • Blyeth
    • Edelgard
    • Dimitri
    • Claude
    • Elincia

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2019 at 06:59 AM

On 10/2/2019 at 8:15 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Doubling up on Drive Atk is fun, though. Or run Sanaki with triple Drive Atk.

Grails become expensive rather quickly (and Cynthia still needs 20,000 feathers to unlock Drive Atk 2, so is generally unviable as a source), and any player who cares about resource usage efficiency would never use Grails for skill fodder, which is a potential deal-breaker.

right. 

and considering drive atk is only on Fjorm and Delthea, and one is on legendary every 3-4 months, and one is snapped out of existence, it might make more resource usage efficent to save your orbs for something else (or more useful) and use your grails for the resource that is right there. not everyone wants to +10 a grail unit, and there is a reason (outside of "please play my garbage mode." that a lot of grail units are having 5* locked skills. it'snot just there to sit there and never be used (or just +10 them x 2 like some one else suggested). 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

and considering drive atk is only on Fjorm and Delthea, and one is on legendary every 3-4 months, and one is snapped out of existence, it might make more resource usage efficent to save your orbs for something else (or more useful) and use your grails for the resource that is right there. not everyone wants to +10 a grail unit, and there is a reason (outside of "please play my garbage mode." that a lot of grail units are having 5* locked skills. it'snot just there to sit there and never be used (or just +10 them x 2 like some one else suggested). 

Actually Leif, Quan and Micaiah also have Drive Attack and are all still in the regular summoning pool though they are all 5 star exclusive.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, can you describe this please? I'd love to hear about it!

Basically just stack as much enemy-phase Atk as physically possible:

Fjorm [+Atk]
Leiptr
Reposition
Ice Mirror
Fierce Stance 3
Shield Pulse 3
[whatever passive C skill]
Fierce Stance 3

with as many stacks of Atk buffs as you can manage. Ice Mirror lets Fjorm tank at least one hit from Alm regardless of how much he tries to buff (and sometimes even two). Try to avoid Def buffs to maximize the amount of damage reflected by Ice Mirror, though ideally, you'd calculate the exact amount of damage you need to kill Alm and boost your Def right to that point, but that's not always feasible.

This build should be able to one-hit kill most Alm builds without much support, but it might have trouble with exceptionally tanky builds (Sturdy Impact + Sturdy Blow 2) depending on the buffs that Fjorm and Alm have. It also might have some trouble with weaker Alm builds (low merges or no Atk-boosting skills), especially if Alm doesn't have Infantry Pulse support to get his Lunar Flash out on his initial hit.

Replacing Shield Pulse is a bit tricky since it's effectively +5 damage to your Ice Mirror and saves you from needing to use Infantry Pulse, etc. However, Lull Spd/Def should be viable for this slot since it guarantees +3 damage and blocks Def buffs without blocking Atk buffs like Dull Ranged would. I have no idea if Wrath works with Ice Mirror, but my initial guess is probably no.

If you need to tank multiple rounds of combat, you definitely want Brave Lucina's refined Geirskogul to grant the Breath effect (though you can also sacrifice 2 Atk and a Legendary Tiki for Fierce Breath instead) to keep Ice Mirror active. Do note that she'll get worn down pretty quickly, though, since she doesn't have a means of healing before your next player phase.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

right. 

It depends entirely on how you value your resources.

I personally value Grails more highly than Orbs due to the fact that Grails are a resource with a hard limit on their availability whereas Orbs are more flexible. However, players with a lower budget for Orbs and a higher demand for them relative to their budget may value Orbs more than Grails.

However, it is a fact that Grails have the harder limit between the two resources and that repeated use of Grails increases the price of the next purchase, making it less worth the cost with each additional Grail unit.

Fjorm being on a banner on a regular basis is actually a point for using her as skill fodder for Drive Atk rather than against. Legendary/Mythic Hero banners are among the best banners to get 5-star characters from (especially when there are at least 2 characters you want sharing a color), meaning the fact that she comes back so often means that there's a higher chance you'll get her as a pitybreaker sooner or later even if you aren't looking for her.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

It depends entirely on how you value your resources.

I personally value Grails more highly than Orbs due to the fact that Grails are a resource with a hard limit on their availability whereas Orbs are more flexible. However, players with a lower budget for Orbs and a higher demand for them relative to their budget may value Orbs more than Grails.

However, it is a fact that Grails have the harder limit between the two resources and that repeated use of Grails increases the price of the next purchase, making it less worth the cost with each additional Grail unit.

Fjorm being on a banner on a regular basis is actually a point for using her as skill fodder for Drive Atk rather than against. Legendary/Mythic Hero banners are among the best banners to get 5-star characters from (especially when there are at least 2 characters you want sharing a color), meaning the fact that she comes back so often means that there's a higher chance you'll get her as a pitybreaker sooner or later even if you aren't looking for her.

right but you also probably have a tonne of foddder, and you have no qualms spending thousands of dollars. so of course you value grails more than orbs. you can get orbs whenever you want super easily. I'm not adverse to trying for your fodder, - but you have to hope you can get her. it took me forever to get a female grima and look how long she was the anchor in colourless. and there are some skills (in the grail shop) that are only one like one unit, and that unit is snapped out of existence. 

the grail shop is to give f2p units (or people in general) easier (yet limited) access to some prime skills. I just feel telling people "don't use your grails" for it is not really the best kind of advise. (esp. if it's like "spend hundreds of orbs and HOPE you can get literally a skill you can buy for some grails). 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

the grail shop is to give f2p units (or people in general) easier (yet limited) access to some prime skills. I just feel telling people "don't use your grails" for it is not really the best kind of advise. (esp. if it's like "spend hundreds of orbs and HOPE you can get literally a skill you can buy for some grails). 

Personally, as a f2p player, for me the grail shop is a way for me to build +10 merged GHB/TT units - the same way it is for whales. There are some free units I used for fodder long before grails were added, and now those are units I can't build to +10 without being willing to spend way more grails than normal, and those would be grails I can't use for other cool free units. None of them would be particularly high on my list of units to merge regardless, but some of them (Camus, Zephiel, Lyon) are cool characters I with I still had the option for. Most of the units I gave that inheritance to are units I don't use anymore, or don't use the skills much anymore, or could have just as easily gotten the same skill or another one that's just as good from some common unit I have piles of from regular summoning. So it doesn't feel worthwhile to me.

Like Ice Dragon said, it depends on how you value your resources, but I think it's not usually a great tradeoff even if you're not spending much. Admittedly, I value SI less than most people seem to - I'd rather have a "good enough" build with more readily available skills than put a lot of work into a perfect one that might rarely get used. At least merges are a strict upgrade to units among my few best, rather than taking up a slot that could be filled with something else. Plus, rare SI shows up occasionally on its own from duplicate 5*s I don't need anyway, so I try to get whatever mileage I need out of that.

@Othin

I haven't been following the topic of conversation, but I wanted to say that I'm of a similar mind, at least with regard to spending grails. My only +10's are my Soren and my M!Kana (of whom I primarily use M!Kana and man I love that kid. He really pulls through for me consistently!) I've used grails for skills only three times that I can recall. Once was to get a Berkut's Lance for my Dancing Berkut (who now only needs flowers and merges.) Another time was to get Distant Guard (from Kronya, who's the least expensive fodder for the skill) for my Original Alm. And finally, I got a Close Guard (from Death Knight - same situation as Kronya) for my Boey. Otherwise, all grails have been stockpiled for merges...and will be spent on Rinea since I actually built her and am using her.

Using grails for fodder? That's preposterous imo but then I have a lot of grail projects ahead of me and probably won't be able to finish them. If I don't care about a ghb/tt unit I use it for fodder.  I never pull for fodder but try to make the best out of the pity breakers I get. The game simply doesn't provide enough free orbs, sigh. They should raise our monthly orbs up to 500 🙂

Edited by Super Endriu

well i suppose it's an each their own situation. 
There are some units i'd like use my grails to +10, but there are some that i simply need the skill more. for some, (for example) atk/spd 2 is literally on 3 units. One Seasonal, One who happens to be my absolute favourite character and one in a grail shop. I'd (personally) rather save my orbs, and use my grails to buy (another) camilla because I killed one for Bath Sakura, no regrets there), for someone who needs it, unless they bring someone else w/the skill and then me hoping i get it. 

(also to be fair, there are a lot of units in the main pool i'm making projects, and i have nothing else to do with my grails. even when i finish Kronya, i'll still have a crap tonne to do someone else right away). 

I just think personally,  the grail shop is a way to give people access to rarer skills. now if people want to merge them all up, that's fine but i still don't think saying it's poor resources to do it. because it's not. it's just another resource to utalize and you have to make sure you know how much you are using. the way  I see it. 

but again. i do acknowledge it's an each their own.

For me a lot of my favorites have been TT/GHB units so every grail I get is going for merges and will be for a long time to come.  My list to +10 from the grail shop  is: Michalis, Navarre, Xander, Camus, BK, Arvis, Joshua, Lyon, Finn, Canas, H!Dorcas, C!Cecilia, Naesala, V!Titania, Haar and H!Rolf.  I have used extra copies of GHB units who I don't want to merge as fodder, but every grail is for merges and I have more then enough to complete one project I just need to grind the feathers which is what I find hard since it is boring.  I have started grinding  feathers really hard this past week and I hope to get heavy into merges soon.  Resources are up to the player to use so while my favs are mostly grail units, other players don't have any favs as grail units and so see fodder.  The whole point of the game is to build your favs in to map sweeping machines, so everyone does it the way they want to.

I can't justify the extra ~1000 grails to merge a TT grail unit over a GHB one, so straight away my candidate pool is halved. And of the candidates remaining, I also can't justify any choice in terms of character favouritism alone, mainly because I can simply do that with regular summonable units. Grail units therefore need to be GHB units with unique utility not otherwise available, and that kind of reduces my shortlist to a list of, uhhh, two - those being Naesala and Kronya (having already completed Aversa and Marthed Mask).

In that context, throwing 100 grails now and then at skills is relatively palatable to me, especially as I'd already given up probably a four-digit amount of them by refusing to do Aether Raids for several months.

Is it a possibility that Lif will appear this Month as a Legendary and Hel in November if Book 3 is done (In an attempt to save the Green pool from the disaster being Lyn)? Also Lif is technically the alt of a lord so he is a better Legendary than Mythic candidate in my opinion and we would be done with the OCs sooner allowing the newer banners from December and onwards to have other characters from the mainline games. 

It would be strange if Thrasir is a Mythic and Lif is not.

Lif as a Mythic would also keep the balance of the book 3 OCs in blessings. Thrasir and Lif would be a pair in the same season (Lif as Astra) and Eir with Hel (Hel as Dark).

I don't see a reason to have Lif as Legendary instead of Mythic.

19 minutes ago, Rinco said:

It would be strange if Thrasir is a Mythic and Lif is not.

Lif as a Mythic would also keep the balance of the book 3 OCs in blessings. Thrasir and Lif would be a pair in the same season (Lif as Astra) and Eir with Hel (Hel as Dark).

I don't see a reason to have Lif as Legendary instead of Mythic.

The problem with Dark Hel is that the current schedule suggests we won't be getting another Dark mythic until at least March.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

The problem with Dark Hel is that the current schedule suggests we won't be getting another Dark mythic until at least March.

I think we would get a Dark Hero in January if Lif decides to appear randomly in October, but otherwise yeah.

I think it might be a long shot. But I would personally love to see Sigurd or Seliph get a legendary alt. Although we got Julia not to long ago, I feel either of them are very deserving of a legendary alt, being the main lords of FE4. Also Leif should get one at some point to.

6 hours ago, Faellin said:

I think it might be a long shot. But I would personally love to see Sigurd or Seliph get a legendary alt. Although we got Julia not to long ago, I feel either of them are very deserving of a legendary alt, being the main lords of FE4. Also Leif should get one at some point to.

I am more surprised that Chrom and Xander didnt get an alt allready

Since it seems like they are putting up trailers four days in advance now we are probably getting the trailer tomorrow night. I kind of want to say that the legendary will be Celica with all the Valentia events going on as of late but I wouldn't be surprised to see Chrom, Xander or Micaiah showing up instead.

I think they'll either release Lif as a Legendary/Mythic this month or release him on this year's farfetched banner. If they don't, then he'd have to be on November's Mythic banner which would mean that S!Palla gets pushed all the back to January. Either that, or they would need to change the schedule again by moving Ike, Roy, or Hrid to January so that S!Palla can appear in December.

I'd rather they not release any more TH legendary/mythic options for the time being for two reasons.

1. Jugdral just got its first legendary candidate, the LAST continent to get any legendary or mythic units, even after Fodlan. Also, Julia is cool and all but I really want one of the actual three lords.

2. TH is still somewhat new and there are still probably people who don't want to be spoiled. Might be a better idea to hold back legendary Edelgard, Dmitri, and Claude until a time when most people are familiar with spoiler-y material.

As for who I want to see ... well, I guess anyone besides Xander and Corrin (or any other Fates units, at that) would be okay with me. Making Ryoma a legendary was a mistake. Making both Ryoma and Azura legendaries was also a mistake.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Three Houses should make good on its word and end the oppression of having nobles as Legendary heroes.

Heh, plus if they decide to release their part 2 versions as legendary heroes then we’d have to wait 4 months at a minimum for all 3 of them, since there would be mythics released in between (and it could take even longer since they might not release all of them in a row). I’d much rather they dump all 3 of them on us at once on a normal new heroes banner, with Rhea or Flayn or someone like that as the 4th unit. Unfortunately I think it’s extremely likely that they’re going to be legendary heroes regardless of what I want, so RIP anyone like me who wants to +10 them.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:19 PM, Sproutling said:

Heh, plus if they decide to release their part 2 versions as legendary heroes then we’d have to wait 4 months at a minimum for all 3 of them, since there would be mythics released in between (and it could take even longer since they might not release all of them in a row). I’d much rather they dump all 3 of them on us at once on a normal new heroes banner, with Rhea or Flayn or someone like that as the 4th unit. Unfortunately I think it’s extremely likely that they’re going to be legendary heroes regardless of what I want, so RIP anyone like me who wants to +10 them.

I'd certainly rather have them take up legendary hero slots rather than waste a full New Heroes banner. Especially since I'd expect them all to get legendary versions eventually anyway.