Certification Pass Rate

Source: https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=18719117

As translated into English: https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/dbenbm/certification_exam_pass_rate_formula/

Chance = (100-a*b)+(Luck/2)

Where a is 40 (Beginner, Intermediate, one skill Advanced), 32 (two skills Advanced) or 20 (Master), and b is the number of weapon ranks you are short of the ones on the paper.

a=40 Chances:

1 Rank: 60%
2 Ranks: 20% (needs 20 Luck to be permitted to attempt)

a=32 Chances:

1 Rank: 68%
2 Ranks: 36%
3 Ranks: 4% (needs 52 Luck to be permitted to attempt)

a=20 Chances:

1 Rank: 80%
2 Ranks: 60%
3 Ranks: 40%
4 Ranks: 20% (needs 20 Luck to be permitted to attempt)

This is cool, I used to think having more than the required rank would increase your grade (like having C swords+ instead of C for a mercenary) but I suppose that isn't true is it?

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

This is cool, I used to think having more than the required rank would increase your grade (like having C swords+ instead of C for a mercenary) but I suppose that isn't true is it?

Well, the display doesn't go over 100%. I imagine it doesn't help for multiple goals (like excess Reason to take a rank off Riding for Dark Knight).

23 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I imagine it doesn't help for multiple goals (like excess Reason to take a rank off Riding for Dark Knight).

I see...

Thanks for sharing this here. I used to think it was level + a personal coefficient that was added to the certification rate, but it passed my mind that it was based on Luck, which explains why my Lorenz and Flayn had the worst pass rates.

This means if you want to reach 30% on a beginner class or an intermediate class with E rank on the necessary skill or move-type (with C in the other skill) respectively, the unit needs 20+ Luck. It's useful if you want to try and get a Beginner class, Cavalier, Pegasus Knight or Armor Knight without training for it. [Edit: it's impossible to get 30% on Mage/Priest with less than D Reason/Faith unless a DLC character's max Luck is 100. This confirms my speculation that you can't cheat to get class spells and are forced to get the personal basic ones first.]

Is there any info if the random numbers for pass rates are decided on the New Chapter save files (the ones that start with Jeralt's month descriptions)? I know conversations and the week's travelers are decided sometime after loading those, but I haven't tested for certifications. I assume it's pre-rolled RNs for all possible certifications like with adjutant level ups (since you may change the results by reclassing), which is why gaining Luck/skill levels may give you the pass.

Edited by Silent Mercenary