How to (C - S) Support Rhea?

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I only just hit A in swords and I'm in chapter 19, and a fair bit of faculty training dedicated to it (since there's little else to do with your exploration points post-timeskip). And that's with staying in sword classes for the entire game. And if you're going to stick with the default classes, Byleth doesn't need to spend much effort in other skills anyway since passing exams won't be much of a thing. So yeah, training swords seems a pretty reasonable thing to do in that context. 

Granted, I literally have not used the Sword of the Creator at all (I'm boycotting it because I hate whip swords on a conceptual level) and often resort to using magic instead to chip enemies to avoid overlevelling.

Yeah, I don't know if I ever got that A+. I think more runs I've done have tried to get Byleth in Falcon Knight- and thus, using Seteth/Manuela/Shamir/Jeralt for Lance/Flying instead- than any other class. I've gotten B+ at best- weapon ranks go steep past A. At least it's just some bonus Hit/Avoid/Crit Avoid (10 points total, like) to go from Sword 4 to Sword 5.

21 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

You say the dialogue options are a better means of raising Support than gifting as if giving Rhea a Goddess Statuette didn't give four times as many Support Points as a correct dialogue option.

I... didn't?

I guess I shouldn't have said "first and foremost".  I just typed that automatically as the dialogue boosts was the first thing to come to mind and also the first method that comes up in-game for one to boost supports with Rhea.  It's like when you come up with generic parting words like "thank you, you too" or whatever and use them at the wrong time.

That said, it isn't all that costly to just make the correct responses compared to buying a Goddess Statuette and other assorted gifts for Rhea every month.  It's... I guess a good background buffer.

Then again, getting a metric crap ton of flowers to spam her with isn't all that costly, either, when it simultaneously boosts your professor level.

15 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I doubt it's just placeholder since she has unique and voiced lines for each tea scenario, I heard only other unused character has one is Jeralt but haven't see proof for him yet.

I just say "placeholder" because I know jack about programming and don't really pay attention to a lot of datamining news.

I mean, I follow progress on extracting 3D models and other content from the game, but that's because I'm into 3D modeling and modding games.  I'll follow datamines only to figure out stuff about upcoming releases (games or DLC), but I'm not too keen on actually looking into cut content and the like because I don't like being disappointed about what could've been.

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm boycotting it because I hate whip swords on a conceptual level

Man would you hate to play Soul Calibur 6 online, then.

17 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I think the more likely scenario is that I won't be done, but I'll be forced to put the game aside for a while because University consumes free time.

You must use your IRL activity points wisely, that's understandable.

59 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Granted, I literally have not used the Sword of the Creator at all (I'm boycotting it because I hate whip swords on a conceptual level) and often resort to using magic instead to chip enemies to avoid overlevelling.

As someone who practices HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) and spends a bit of free time studying history to make my fantasy novel I'm writing as authentic as possible, I hear you. Though, to be honest, I'm actually quite fine with the Sword of the Creator (based on the trailers), as it is clearly magical in nature and clearly is made of dragon bone, which, in FE, usually means it's indestructible. 

49 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You must use your IRL activity points wisely, that's understandable.

LOL. Yeah. I still haven't finished Valkyria Chronicles 4, and I bought that game last year not long after it released. 

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

It gets Byleth the ability "White Magic Avoid +20".  Decent if you want Byleth to actually use white magic to fight.  Worthless otherwise.

If you want Byleth to be exclusively a physical combatant, it'd probably be better to have her train them in Brawling or just not train them at all if you intend to make Byleth a mounted unit.  She does teach Swords, but having Rhea teach Byleth Swords is like having a child teach a healthy dog to run.

The ability is pretty worthless.  Being able to rush-train a last-minute Holy Knight because you're indecisive is helpful (what do you mean, "overly specific").