Create a 2nd gen.

45 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

They spoil their children (both of which are good at heart)

Like Hilda spoiled? Did you include houses for your child units? 

Edited by Bk1234

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go in a different direction and make childre  a single parent due to how paring worked in earlier games, leaving many thing hangins as they depend on the parent and the route, wich is assumed to be AM for the lions, CF for the eagles and VW for the eagles, SS for the church(but i have yet to make one). I may in the future do some expansion in wich i detail the difference in the character in different routes. For CA characters and other exstras it will depend. Noble characters and guys will retain their surname(i suppose that, say, the daughter of Hilda and Raphael would still be a Goneril in order to  inherit the land), while commoner girls will have a variable surname , and everyone would have a second name depending on the other parent. For example the guy below would be called Olivier Jeralt Gautier if he is the son of Leonie(i am purposely using a ship that don't exist to make clear that i have not a preset ship in mind for him.)

Sylvain's son : Olivier \\ Gautier

Even before joining the Blue Lions, Olivier was famous across Fodlan as the rising star of crestology. His passion in the study of crest was born as a mere interest in a taboo topic in his household, but in time it devoloped into his own reason to live. He spent most of his Youth in Ferdhiad and then travelling across Fodlan, looking for ancient books and for evidence about the white haired girl whit two crests that was in Garreg Mach in the same year of his father. While he is a close friend of Dimitri's children, he feel he is not good enought to protect them as a knight, and so he prefer to support them as a scholar. He has not talked whit Sylvain for years, but Olivier's desire to continue Haneman Von Essar's research came from the sadness he noticed every time his father talked about his crestless brother.

Look: he has inherited his father charm, and the glasses that he have to wear after one too many night spent reading don't hinder it.  He used to dress sharply, but he stopped doing so after he noticed he was receiving too much unwanted attention. 

Personality: he has a bit of a complex over not having a crest and sometime he has difficulty interacting whit Crestbearers whitout his frustration and envy seeping out. He is almost always seen either studying, making weapons or training, and hate wasting time. His scientiphic interest is tempered by chivalry. He is aware of the succesfull experimentations made by mysterios people to give a second crest to certain people, and he know it caused a reduced lifespan. But he is sure that there is another, better way, and is determinated to find it. He realize that many girls are attracted by him, but he usually ignore all of them, looking for a special someone he has not found yet. As he knew that his father was only truly happy when he stopped goofing around and settled whit his mother, and he kinda wish for a partner like that. In fact, romances are a guilty pleasure of him that he tries to keep secret at all costs.

Personal skill: Crest analysis - +3 damage againist a crestbearer or demonic beast.

Crest: none

Boons:Lance, Faith, Reason

Weaknesses: sword, bow, riding

Budding talent: Riding

Reason spells:Wind,cutting gale, thoron, excalibur

Faith spells:Nosferatu, Heal, Seraphim, rescue, Abraxas(He is pretty much built to make Holy Knight good on him).

Bernadetta's Son: Berthrand // Von Varley

Even if the Varley's lost their title, Bertand was spoiled like a nobleman by his mother. This left him whit an arrogant, demanding attitude. Like his mother, he enjoys solitude, and the two can spend days whitout talking whit each other. But instead of closing in his room, Berthrand prefer to isolate himself by camping alone in the wilderness and exploring the great forests of Adrestia, sometime spending days like an hermit, living of hunting and fishing. While his abrasive personality make him wildly disliked among the children of Edelgard's inner circle, his abilities as an archer and survivalist did not go unnoticed, lending to an invitatition to join the Black Eagles in the same year of the imperial heir.

Look: like his mother, he had a growth spurt, but his came earlier, to his annoyance as he can't move as freely as before in the wilderness. His uniform is always dirty or torn and even at young age he already has an unkempt beard, wich emphasize the bear-like appearance common whitin the Von Varley family. Overall he combine the look of a commoner whit the mannerism of a noble.

Personality: He is a straightforward guy that is not accustomed whit being told what not to do, let alone having an authority figure actually try to stop him. While he won't usually put a fight, he is very likely to react to a perceived offense by disappearing in a nearby forest for a few days, only accompanied by his pet falcon. 

He has a philosophical mind and if pushed to interact with people his first reaction is to put out an eloquent argument about why people suck and is better to avoid interact whit them as much as possible. When he feel lonely he usually write letters to her mother, whom he loves very dearly. Insult Bernadetta whitin his earshot and tomorrow you are going to find the head of a dead animal in front of your door. Or in your bed if it wasn't the first time.

Some people say that Hubert von Vestra invited Berthrand to join the secret services, but he won't confirm nor deny, but will just comment on the creepy guy being annoying. Certainly his abilities would be perfectly suited for espionage. 

Personal Skill: outdoorsman- double the terrain effect of forests.

Crest: minor crest of Cethlean

Boons: Bow, Sword

Banes: Heavy armor, Authority, faith

Budding talent: gauntlet

Reason spells: fire, bolganone, ragnarock

Faith spells: nosferastu, heal, restore.

Lysithea's daughter: Pandora // Von Ordelia

A girl determinated to live her life to the fullest. She lost her mom at an early age, but Lysithea managed to instill in her the love of life. Even if it is short, you should try to live every moment to the fullest. Following it's advice, Pandora devolopped into somewhat of a reinassance woman, being accomplished on many fields. In particular, her ability to win fencing duel by blending magic in her sword made her famous as the "phantom blade of Leichester". She even declared that she joined the Golden Deers because as a wielder of the crest of charon, she want to inherit the Thunderbrand from Catherine.

Look: she won't be recognized as Lysithea's daughter if she didn't dye her hairs white in honor of her. She is tall, phisicaly fit and emanate strenght and vitality. Despite her attempt to look like a proper lady, she often bring along the tools of her latest obsession, sometimes prowoking accidents.

Personality: she sat on the round table of Leichester while her peers where still learning, and she looks and feels older than them as a result. While she like helping them when they are in doubt, she see the Officers Accademy has the last chance to enjoy a careless lifestyle before their responsibilities as the ruling class of Leichester kick in, so she would try to avoid thinking on serious issues while she is in the academy. Even if she is already famous in the Alliance, she want to be treated just like a fellow classmate. Pandora learned from her mother to enjoy life even when you have no time left, and she lives every day like if it was her last. If something catch her interest, she want to try it. One week may be painting, the next one riding pegasi, and then basketweawing. She is not talented in everything, but when she dedicate to something, she will keep trying untill she get it right. She saw her mother use dark magic and she just practiced over and over for months untill she managed to do that as well. By using that magic in combination of the sword she get an impressive streak of victories in fencing duels.

Between those, her works has a lady and her practice of fencing, she is often sleep deprived and can be angry in the morning. Some times ago Olivier visited her asking informations about her mother's Crest and from that day Pandora hates his gust. When she will find out that he is in the Blue Lions she would look forward to the Battle of the Eagle and the Lion just for a chance to beat him to a pulp whit no consequences.

Personal skill: phantom blade- damage + 4 when dealing magic damage whit a weapon

Crest: Minor rest of charon

Boons: Sword, Authority, Reason

Banes: faith, heavy armor, bow

Budding talent: faith

Reason spells: miasma, swarm, mire, dark spike, luna

Faith spells: nosferatu, heal, rewarp, phisics

Edited by Flere210

18 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

I'd go in a different direction and make childre  a single parent due to how paring worked in earlier games

This is how I was planning to do it as well. 

18 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

They spoil their children (both of which are good at heart)

You do know that's technically incest right?

Yes, there's several reasons why I don't really bother with it in story besides a few times. They didn't grow up together or live as brother and sister, there's no significant age difference or power balance between them, and their parents are presumed to be dead. From a public standpoint even the people don't really know that they were step sibling and it only comes up in one of the four routes. Dimitri also clearly loves her. 

2 minutes ago, Quillmonger said:

Yes, there's several reasons why I don't really bother with it in story besides a few times. They didn't grow up together or live as brother and sister, there's no significant age difference or power balance between them, and their parents are presumed to be dead. From a public standpoint even the people don't really know that they were step sibling and it only comes up in one of the four routes. Dimitri also clearly loves her. 

Reading this, I am getting Corrin and Azura vibes.

But those two are actually blood-related, which is different.

3 hours ago, Quillmonger said:

But that's still kinda illegal???

8 hours ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

Reading this, I am getting Corrin and Azura vibes.

But those two are actually blood-related, which is different.

It's not really similar, their relationship is hardly ever explored in that way and their only relation is that one's mother married the other's father when they were both like 12 or 13. 

5 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

But that's still kinda illegal???

In Fódlan? Probably not. It's not illegal to marry step siblings in 49 of the 50 states because it doesn't cause the issue that marriages between relatives cause. I mean it's possible to meet as step siblings far into adulthood. It's a little weird but it's not anything like blood relatives. 

9 hours ago, Quillmonger said:

It's not really similar, their relationship is hardly ever explored in that way and their only relation is that one's mother married the other's father when they were both like 12 or 13. 

In Fódlan? Probably not. It's not illegal to marry step siblings in 49 of the 50 states because it doesn't cause the issue that marriages between relatives cause. I mean it's possible to meet as step siblings far into adulthood. It's a little weird but it's not anything like blood relatives. 

I don't know anything about the legality of this so correct me if i'm wrong

On 3/2/2020 at 9:23 PM, Flere210 said:

I'd go in a different direction and make childre  a single parent due to how paring worked in earlier games, leaving many thing hangins as they depend on the parent and the route, wich is assumed to be AM for the lions, CF for the eagles and VW for the eagles, SS for the church(but i have yet to make one).

This would be a nice idea, except it won't work in TH because of how some endings have been handled. For example, Sylvain canonically has many children if he's married, regardless of who he marries. So giving him only one kid does not make sense. If you're doing AU, then that's another ballpark, but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This would be a nice idea, except it won't work in TH because of how some endings have been handled. For example, Sylvain canonically has many children if he's married, regardless of who he marries. So giving him only one kid does not make sense. If you're doing AU, then that's another ballpark, but yeah.

Well, i just implied it, but i am making only the children that go to Garreg Mach in the same year. In the case of Silvain's son he is likely one of the middle children. I an going to mention siblings if i feel they are important, but so far none were.

Edited by Flere210

7 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Well, i just implied it, but i am making only the children that go to Garreg Mach in the same year. In the case of Silvain's son he is likely one of the middle children. I an going to mention siblings if i feel they are important, but so far none were.

Oh, okay. That works better then.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:48 AM, Flere210 said:

Yeah, that was my plan as well. Kind of like a Sylvain and Miklan situation. But there could be twins or triplets, etc... so there may be one or more children of the same family in the same year.

I'm finally coming up with child units for Three Houses! What do you guys think of the name Emery for Byleth's male/female child? SIMPLE MEANING: Bravery, power

@Flere210 By the way, I love your child unit ideas! Great inspiration! Are you making anymore? 

Edited by Bk1234

• 1 month later...

I always loved second generation units! So I'd give this a try for all my favorite characters! Here are the first two I've come up with!

And here's a heads up, If a Three Houses character's name is underlined like this, then that character is what I call in Fates the character idea's default parent (like how Shigure is Azura's son or Ophelia is Odin's daughter)  

Acantha Von Riegan

Daughter of Byleth and Claude

Age - 17

Crest: Flames

Class - Mage

Appearance - Like Kana, Morgan, and the other child units in Fates and Awakening, Acantha's appearance would count on who her father is, since My Byleth s-supports with Claude, she has his skin tone and dark brown hair with her mother's bright green eyes.

Strengths - Faith, Reason, Authority

Budding Talents - Bow

Weaknesses - Sword, Gauntlets

Favorite Gifts - Violet, Arithmetic Textbook, Watering Can, Goddess Statuette

Least Favorite Gifts - Coffee Beans 

Acantha is the firstborn child of Byleth and Claude, making her the granddaughter of Jeralt and Sitri. Much like her parents, Acantha is a kind-hearted individual who deeply cares about the ones she loves, yet her desire to achieve her own besides being just being her parents' child can make her a bit rebellious as well as easily vulnerable to peer pressure. She also does not want to depend every deed she does on her Crest. While she does have a good relationship with both her parents, she is once in a while embarrassed by her father's scheme-making ways, especially when she's involved. Acantha deeply loves magic, which is why she chose to be a mage. 

Isen Von Riegan

Son of Byleth and Claude

Age - 14

Crest: None

Class - Mercenary 

Appearance: He is practically a younger and shorter splitting image of Claude with a rounder head, sporting his skin tone, only with Byleth's green hair and eyes 

Strengths - Lance, Faith, Axe

Budding Talents: Reason, Riding

Weaknesses - Sword, Arrow, Authority, Flying

Favorite Gifts - Blue Cheese, Tasty Baked Treat, Armored Bear Stuffy, Exotic Spices

Least Favorite Gifts - Dapper Handkerchief, Ceremonial Sword

Isen is the second born and youngest child of Claude and Byleth, Acantha's little brother and grandson of Jeralt and Sitri. Being the first member of the family without a crest, Isen has been bullied and tormented by the children of nobles his whole life (not even his parents threatening his tormentors of being banished from both Almyra or Fodlan seems to stop them). With his mother's advice, Isen became a mercenary like Byleth and his late grandfather Jeralt, joining his grandfather's old group of mercenaries and being appointed by Leonie (his godmother) as her apprentice. Thanks to a childhood of bullying, Isen is practically insecure of himself being part of his linage, though Claude insists that he, Byleth, Acantha, and everyone else love him and always will, even if he had a Crest. Isen is also somewhat of ashamed of himself as he thinks he can't live to Claude's scheme-making ways, as his schemes he makes normally end in messes or someone hurt or something broken.

These my main two character ideas! I will post more once I come up with them!

Edited by Deer's Wolf
almost forgot!

I made a post for six Sylvain x female Byleth kids months ago and just now, I'm updating it with middle names. I know, weird timing, but there it is. lol

I'll quote the post though, so no one has to go back to page 1 for it.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:04 PM, Anacybele said:

Daphne Marinette Gautier: The oldest of the six and named after the Scooby Doo character because it is a French name (sorta, as technically, the E at the end needs an accent to be true French) and that Daphne's hair color isn't far off from Sylvain's. lol She's a redhead with Byleth's eyes and chooses to go Pegasus knight. Since she does not have a Crest, she likes devoting some time to helping her younger siblings who do happen to inherit Crests learn to wield their respective Relics well.

Taillon Adrien Gautier: The older of the two boys. His name is from Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Jameson Taillon since I think he's cool and the name sounds French enough to me. He's a cavalier knight and inherits his mother's the Crest of Flames, so he also is the next wielder of the Sword of the Creator. And he gets his mother's hair color too, as well as Sylvain's golden brown eyes. He loves his sisters, but sometimes feels overwhelmed being surrounded by so many girls, and wished he could someday have a brother. Thankfully, his parents granted that wish!

Florette Rose Gautier and Georgette Alya Gautier: These two are identical twin girls! They also happen to inherit their father's Gautier Crest. I think due to identical DNA, either both would have a Crest or neither would have one. Like their older sister, they also inherit Sylvain's hair color, but get his eye color instead of Byleth's. They're both cavalier knights, although one eventually goes Paladin (Georgette) and the other Great Knight (Florette). Though since there's only one Lance of Ruin, Sylvain often finds himself having to stop them from arguing over who gets to use it. lol

Therese Mylene Gautier: The youngest daughter, getting Byleth's hair and eye color. She looks up to Daphne and wants to be a lot like her, but instead of riding a Pegasus, she decides to get a wyvern so she doesn't feel like she's trying to completely copy her. She likes dragons just as much as Pegasi anyway.

Naveen Luka Gautier: The youngest of the six entirely and named after the Disney prince of the same name because he's awesome and has a sexy French accent. :3 And that makes him the exception to the French name theme here because Naveen is not a French name. Unlike his siblings though, he chooses not to get a mount, he goes Hero. Gets his father's hair and mother's eyes. He likes being there for his older brother because of how it got crazy being surrounded by so many girls. They often have "bro time" together to get away from all the femininity.

Fun fact: all of these middle names come from one source, though I'm not sure how many here would know what it is. lol Mylene is pronounced "mee-LIN" btw.

Also, I've given Sylvain's parents first names, Nathaniel and Chloe, and these also come from said source!

On 4/11/2020 at 6:46 PM, Anacybele said:

I made a post for six Sylvain x female Byleth kids months ago and just now, I'm updating it with middle names. I know, weird timing, but there it is. lol

I'll quote the post though, so no one has to go back to page 1 for it.

Fun fact: all of these middle names come from one source, though I'm not sure how many here would know what it is. lol Mylene is pronounced "mee-LIN" btw.

Also, I've given Sylvain's parents first names, Nathaniel and Chloe, and these also come from said source!

Miraculous Ladybug?

1 hour ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Miraculous Ladybug?

So someone does know, awesome! You are correct. That show is a gold mine for French names, so that's why I used it. lol And there's quite a bit of French naming going on in Faerghus and Gautier already.

Edited by Anacybele

It's not completely done yet, but I've worked out a little chart based on a hypothetical 2nd generation of the Three Houses students in a system akin to the one in Awakening.

W.i.P.

Spoiler

173547308_2ndGen.thumb.PNG.161caf649175377db33adb0ccce2263b.PNG

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

55 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

It's not completely done yet, but I've worked out a little chart based on a hypothetical 2nd generation of the Three Houses students in a system akin to the one in Awakening.

W.i.P.

Hide contents

173547308_2ndGen.thumb.PNG.161caf649175377db33adb0ccce2263b.PNG

I like your ideia, will the ashen wolves be added as well?

• 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't posted lately, I need figure all of my favorite Three Houses shippings! But at least I know I always loved this couple!

Howard Kirsten

First son of Raphael and Bernadetta

Age - 17

Crest: none

Class - Fighter

Appearance - Like his father, Howard is a tall and muscular boy with Raphael's skintone and Bernadetta's hair and eyes, he scores a crew cut

Strengths - Bow, Reason, Riding

Budding Talents - Gauntlets, Axe

Weaknesses - Heavy Armor

Favorite Gifts - Training Weight, Blue Cheese, Smoked Meat, Watering Can, Pitcher Plant

Least Favorite Gifts -  Hunting Dagger, Tea Leaves

Howard is the first born and oldest son of Raphael and Bernadetta as well as the nephew of Raphael's sister Maya and the grandson of the late Count Varley and his wife. Like his father, Howard loves eating and getting stronger, but deep inside he actually afraid of the idea of joining his father's order of guards, for he is afraid of dying while on duty. Through opening up to his parents and other child characters, Howard is slowly overcoming this fear of his, yet he still reluctant join in serious battles, assuring his parents that no matter how strong he grows, he'll always be their "little lamb". Howard is also gentle like father, as well as being soft-hearted and calm, similar to his mother Bernadetta.

Leigh Kirsten

Second son of Raphael and Bernadetta

Age - 14

Crest: minor Crest of Saint Indech

Class - Brawler

Appearance - Like his father and big brother, Leigh is muscular and tall, yet shorter then them, being in between Howard and Bernadetta in height, he has Bernadetta's skin tone with Raphael's blonde hair and yellow eyes

Strengths - Sword, Axe, Riding

Budding Talents - Bow, Lance

Weaknesses - Gauntlets

Favorite Gifts - Training Weight, Blue Cheese, Tasty Baked Treat, Book of Sheet Music, Armored Bear Stuffy, Baby's Breath, Carnation, Exotic Spices

Least Favorite Gifts - Dapper Handkerchief, Arithmetic Textbook,  Monarch Studies Book

Leigh is the youngest of Raphael and Bernadetta's two sons and the second grandson of Bernadetta's mother and nephew of Maya. While being a great knight in training like his older brother, Leigh is a bit more seclusive (not as bad as Bernadetta used to be as he is willing to go outside), making him nervous to step onto a battlefield or a formal noble occasion. He would rather play or hang out with his brother and friends (mainly Acantha, Isen, Elle-Anna, and Charisse) or be learning to bake. He sometimes feels that he isn't fit to be a knight or noble due to his kind nature or friendship (/possible romance) with commoners his age (due to servants speaking highly of his late grandfather Count Varley), but Bernadetta assures him it is better to be himself rather then a "horrible selfish noble" like her father was. Leigh is also good with horses, usually tending to their care with the others

Edited by Deer's Wolf

• 3 months later...