How do you deal with having thick curly hair?

Maddie

I personally find it really hard to properly care for my hair. I do brush it which usually reduces the amount of knots and help it look less messy but the longer I grow it out the worse it gets. My hair when straightened is about shoulder length currently but when not straightened it is only reaching my neck and it makes me look like Deku from MHA. I feel like the amount of shampoo and conditioner I use may have some effect on this since I never know the right amounts to use and some days my hair can be extremely soft or feel like straw.

Edited by Edegard1902
Misspelling

as someone who has a similar problem (i grow mine out and tie it back, it works okay but i wish i had a better solution), i sympathize

i wish i had an actual solution that could help you tho op 😞 

@euklyd I'm able to keep my hair clean and it never itches. My problem is that is looks messy and even when I brush it it still knots up frequently. I've been growing my hair out so I'll probably be able to tie it up soon as it's becoming fairly long again.

Yeah that's where I'm at as well, unfortunately. I feel like there's just something I'm missing cuz there are definitely people with thick curly hair who wear it super nicely! 

unfortunately i also feel like sf is not a group of experts on this subject matter, heh