All of the other Legend of Heroes Games

dragonlordsd

There's a question that's been bugging me for a while: Are the other Legend of Heroes games any good?

I loved the trails series so much, but it's practically impossible to find the other five games that led up to it. As far as I know, all of them except the second were released solely for the PSP in English, and none of them are available for the Vita, which is extremely frustrating. They're super expensive online too.

Has anyone played them? Were they any good?

5 hours ago, Cure Naga said:

I don't how good the other legend of heroes games are since I never played them. If you are interested in playing the older games couldn't you get an emulator to play these games. 

I’m using a T-16 emulator to play the very original LoH currently. Much more Dragon Quest but also has some of the Trails quirks like being able to retry fights among other things.

Im not far enough to have formed an opinion though.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Afaik the originals are pretty damn good, but.... they are not translated

PSP remakes are suppossed to be atrocious though from what i hear

The very original had an English release actually.

PSP trilogy is different from the original two LoH games but also it’s more their localization is atrocious than the games themselves if you want an actual atrocious port of a Falcom game play DS Ys 1 lmao.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:23 PM, Rapier said:

Thanks, that's really helpful.

It'd be really nice if xseed could do a retranslation of them, but unless there's a re-release, that seems unlikely.

I have a psp, but getting a hold of them would be difficult. It's possible to emulate, but that would be time consuming (ie, I'd have to use my computer, rather than a portable device I could play anywhere).

I might just watch a Let's play on youtube, but that's not really as good as experiencing them yourself.