Vesteria Saga?

Zihark11

19 minutes ago, trainer_derp said:

Last I heard, they were having a lot of trouble with SRPG studio. That was back in April though.

ah to bad. im getting a good PC soon and want to be able to play it on there. 

It's been months without anything said of it, it seems SRPG Maker is hell for translation. Presumably they've already gone over the script and have made a fully polished translation and localization.

But that is only half the battle, the other half is inserting your script into the actual game. At this point, it looks as though one would have an easier time digging to the Earth's very core than inserting a script into SRPG Maker. Or maybe colonizing Venus and transforming its atmosphere is a more apt comparison. You get the point.

Well, it's not like nothing was said at all these few months. Just nothing actually new. "Still working on it" "SRPG Studio is hell to work with" "Hopefully we still manage to release it in 2019". That sort of thing.

Also, another issue that causes problems is that they have to port the game over to a newer version of SRPG Studio, from what I recall. So there is more going on then just inserting the translated script.

Edited by BrightBow

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Well, it's not like nothing was said at all these few months. Just nothing actually new. "Still working on it" "SRPG Studio is hell to work with" "Hopefully we still manage to release it in 2019". That sort of thing.

Also, another issue that causes problems is that they have to port the game over to a newer version of SRPG Studio, from what I recall. So there is more going on then just inserting the translated script.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's been months without anything said of it, it seems SRPG Maker is hell for translation. Presumably they've already gone over the script and have made a fully polished translation and localization.

But that is only half the battle, the other half is inserting your script into the actual game. At this point, it looks as though one would have an easier time digging to the Earth's very core than inserting a script into SRPG Maker. Or maybe colonizing Venus and transforming its atmosphere is a more apt comparison. You get the point.

Thank you both for the info! i assumed it was something along these lines as that was what the problem was originally so its good to hear they are still working on it.

If I remember correctly, the main issue with Vestaria Saga is that it was made in a version of SRPG Studio so old that the translators can't even work with the game's original project file.  I think the game originally came out in Japanese in 2016 or so, therefore we can assume he was working on it even earlier than that.  For comparison, SRPG Studio didn't come out in English until August 2018.

I can confirm that the current English version of SRPG Studio handles Japanese text just as well as English text.