What are your top 15 Fire Emblem characters?

Maddie

1 minute ago, Benice said:

What? Dear sir, I am deeply concerned for your mental wellbeing.

Honourable mentions to: Batta the beast, most of the golden deer, Pyotr Illych Tchaikovsky.

I am most optimistic concerning yours.

My fondness for Caellach is kind of weird but that oddness only makes it stronger.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

I am most optimistic concerning yours.

My fondness for Caellach is kind of weird but that oddness only makes it stronger.

Caellach's finest moments:

"I'm not like that freak Valter, I'm kind to women."

*Stabs queen Ismaire* 

"See, they put me into this role because if Valter was given this job the game would be rated 18+!"

To be honest, I feel like Caellach could have been really interesting, but he was kind of poorly written at times. I do wish that he was recruitable in the main game in some way, shape or form because his supports probably would have been really good.

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Fighting like Devdan? Truly a worthy adversary.

He does go on my Top 15 FE characters list.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

To be honest, I feel like Caellach could have been really interesting, but he was kind of poorly written at times. I do wish that he was recruitable in the main game in some way, shape or form because his supports probably would have been really good.

I don't know, I think part of Caellach's appeal is his attitude towards his actions, and changing them from villainous acts to heroic acts would take away from that. He might have some cool talking points, but I'm not sure it'd really work out in practice. Recruiting him would also probably mean tempering the ruthless pragmatism and ambition which made him interesting.

So, I haven't played Thracia yet, but Eyrios looks like a guy I'll like.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I don't know, I think part of Caellach's appeal is his attitude towards his actions, and changing them from villainous acts to heroic acts would take away from that. He might have some cool talking points, but I'm not sure it'd really work out in practice. Recruiting him would also probably mean tempering the ruthless pragmatism and ambition which made him interesting.

L'Arachel's boasting convinces him that he'll get farther siding with the protags instead of Grado? I like it when there's bad boys in the protagonists's side, but not when they're the "DESTROY! KILL! KIIIIIIIIILLLLL!" kind of evil. Either way, I wish he was a better developed, but that is beside the point of this thread.

Forgot to mention Nadved as #15 on my list.

On 2/7/2020 at 12:21 AM, Benice said:

I like it when there's bad boys in the protagonists's side, but not when they're the "DESTROY! KILL! KIIIIIIIIILLLLL!" kind of evil. Either way, I wish he was a better developed, but that is beside the point of this thread.

Caellach clearly deserves his own thread.

That's actually the a reason I think Caellach should stay a villain. He's heartless but he's not so unhinged that it compromises his effectiveness, like Valter. He's ruthlessly ambitious but he never goes against Grado to gain something for himself. It's nice to see a fairly competent enemy, one you have to overcome by simply being better than him rather than his hubris doing the work for you.

The last few i kind of pulled out of me bum, but these should be most of my favorites from the series:

1.) Wil

2.) Ashe (although he's VERY close to being #1)

3.) Kiragi

4.) Harken

5.) Artur (FE8)

6.) Takumi

7.) M!Corrin 

8.) Scarlet

9.) Rhys

10.) Robert (FE5)

11.) Donnel

12.) Raquesis

13.) Jamke

14.) Saber

15.) Delthea

Honorable Mentions - Tobin, Vaike, Orsin (FE5), Serra, Leif, Deimne, Castor, Julian, Inigo, Sain, Hinata, Kaden, Aran, Kagero, Edward, idk too many to name

• 2 months later...

Hm, In no particular order cause i couldnt possibly rank them lmao, i also havent played any before Awakening so thats a thing
1) Kana (Fates and purely because literally everytime I've used both they both turned out well and always make it onto my endgame team)
2) Leo (Fates)
3) Henry (Awakening, love his crit quotes haha)
4)Laslow(Fates)
5)Gunter (Voice is amazing, also love his specific Great Knight model, Always makes it onto my final Revelations/Conquest team)
6)Sylvain (3H, love his color palette on every class)
7) Dimitri (3H, probs my fav lord class)
8 ) Odin (Fates)
9) Beruka (Fates)
10) Celica (Echoes)
11) Mathilda (Echoes)
12) Cherche (Awakening)
13)Say'ri (Awakening)
14)Cynthia (Awakening)
15)Sumia (Awakening)

Edited by Luxray Darkblade
Mistype and incorrect name

So apparently according to Fesorter (A website that allows you to rank your favorite FE characters one by one), I got some... pretty accurate results that I generally agree on.

1) Fiora, duh (FE7)

2) Zihark (FE9)

3) Elincia (FE9)

4) Forde (FE8)

5) Eirika (FE8)

6) Wil (FE7)

7) Merric (FE1)

8 ) Sara (FE5)

9) Lilina (FE6)

10) Marcia (FE9)

11) Sylvain (FE:3H)

12) Ferry/Erynis (FE4)

13) Ephraim (FE8)

14) Finn (FE4)

15) Catria (FE1)

Honorable Mentions include but aren't limited to Moulder the Boulder and Vanessa (FE8), Dean (FE5), Arthur, Lewyn and Julia (FE4), Erk and Harken (FE7), Saul and Perceval (FE6).

1. Fir - Super fun to train on the isles, as long as she gets her HM bonuses. I also like most of her supports - Bartre (overprotecting dad who initially doesn't quite manage to empathize with her will to be independent), Shin (socially awkward girl wants to make friends, but runs into the very tight-lipped Shin), Rutger (now she runs into Edgy McEdgelord) and Karel. Only her romantic support with Noah is super generic and doesn't really make use of either character.
  2. Farina - Again, an underleveled unit that's very rewarding to train. This'll be a trend. I also find her funny - greedy, very proud of her abilities and her high salary, not much of a filter between brain and mouth - but not a bad person at all.
  3. Lloyd and Linus - obligatory (more or less) villainous entry. I like that, for once, we have two Camuses that actually use their brains. And when they stop doing so, it makes sense. Way better motive to keep hostile towards the player's side than any other Camus in the series, although I still wouldn't have minded if Nino was able to recruit or at least leave the remaining one unkilled. In gameplay, they're fairly threatening, too, in all of their appearances. Athos trivializes them in Light, I guess, but he does that to every enemy in that chapter.
  4. Mordecai - so wholesome. I like the Gentle Giant archetype in general and he's a great representive. I also love the Smite ability, especially in PoR where he can use it on horses (at least when he's transformed. Can't remember otherwise). Starting at 0 gauge sucks, but he's honestly not terrible with the Demi Band once that's a thing.
  5. Shiida - for the sheer hilarity of the Wing Spear, holy shit. A combat unit with 4 base Str, 20% growth being the best unit in the game is just too crazy. I enjoy her character as well - unlike Mage Shiida (or Lilina, as some call her), I get the vibe that she knows what she does in her recruitement convos. She definitely does with Roger, but if she knows about Nabarl, I reckon that she also knows that he doesn't fight against women. And with that in mind, I don't think it's too far-fetched to assume that she knows what buttons to press with Lorenz, too. Smart lady, that one.
  6. Jill - for her RD gameplay and PoR story. Underleveled unit that's actually not just worth training, but a legit contestant for best unit in the game? Yes, please!
  7. Cormag - Underleveled unit etc. pp. I guess "Flyer" is another big thing, huh? I like his character as well - not as gigantic as Mordecai, but still kinda fits the "imposing looks, actually a sweetheart" bill.
  8. Tana - Underleveled unit etc. pp. I think I like her as a unit even more than Cormag, thanks to her higher speed. But I don't really have too strong feelings about her character, so that puts her below Cormag.
  9. Bartre - mostly for his Binding Blade appearance, even though I recruit him less often than Echidna. Bartre's great, the map of "his" route aren't. I like the aging, wise-ish warrior vibe that he got going on. In Blazing Sword, I actually don't mind him as a unit that much - I know he's awful, but if his Spd growth agrees with you, he can be quite the terror in the midgame. Still, he gets points detracted for FE7, because his exaggerated stupidity really isn't that funny, either.
  10. Forde - very mediocre unit, but a really cool character. I like every single support that he has; the one with Eirika is the best romantic support in all of FE. I'll admit that the "painting during battle" thingy is a little silly, though.
  11. Volug - his dialogue is actually pretty funny if you look it up. He's awesome in part 1 and I kinda like his alternative way to "level up" - not through XP, but his Strike rank. Reaching S makes him really good in part 3, as well, despite his need to grass up.
  12. Priscilla - I don't have very stong feelings about her character - she's a nice gal, I guess - but she's super fun in gameplay. Mounted healer is great and after promotion, her great speed and avoid make her a pretty good fighter despite her lackluster Anima rank.
  13. Treck - similar to Forde, mediocre in gameplay, but his supports are great. Less deep than Forde's for sure, but hilarious. I love my stoner cav.
  14. Marcus - the FE6 version of him is the best-designed Jeigan in the series. In FE7, he just stomps everything which I find a whole lot less interesting, but in FE6, he's incredibly important in the earlygame without being able to just solo maps. Very cool unit.
  15. Elincia - the RD incarnation, both gameplay and story. Not that I mind her in PoR, but I really like how RD looks at PoR's fairytale of a liberation and goes, "well ACTUALLY,..." And Elincia, both in what happens to her and in how she reacts to it, really shines in RD. As a unit, she's really interesting, too - healer with a terrible weapon in 2-P, crazy good in 2-E (Haar's better, but he's Haar), then a bit of a project in part 4, but certainly a very good unit to train for the tower.

Honourable mentions: Mist (PoR - it's super inefficient and super fun to grind her to Sonic Sword rank), Astrid (super fun in PoR, but major penalties for RD, both story and gameplay), Yubello (FE12 represent! It's hilarious that his best class is Fighter), L'Arachel (one of the funniest FE characters, but sooooo slow to use), Heath (great in gameplay, especially HHM, but I think his character is dumb), Fae (most adorable crit animation ever. Quite fun to use in general, even with her rather low-use Dragonstone)

1. Dorothea

2. Hilda

3. Tharja

4. Elise

5. Nowi

6. Camilla

7. Sonya

8. Est

9. Tiki

10. Catria

11. Lucina

12. Celica

13. Edelgard

14. Lyn

15. Marissa

Mine are:

1. May/Mae(FE 2/15)

2. Deke(FE 6)

3. Paora/Palla(I like her mainly in Shadows of Valentia)

4. Turner/Tana(FE Sacred Stones)

5. Hilda(FE Three Houses)

(From 6 to 15 are in no particular order)

6. Ephraim(FE Sacred Stones)

7. Savor/Saber(FE 2/15)

8. Joshua(FE Sacred Stones)

9. Arum/Alm(FE 2/15)

10. Ruth/Rath (FE 7)

11. Dyute/Delthea(FE 2/15)

12. Est(I began to appreciate her in Shadows of Valentia)

13. Teeta/Tatiana(mainly in Shadows of Valentia)

14. Lindis/Lin or Lyndis/Lyn(FE 7)

15. Flolina/Florina(FE 7)

1) Eyvel 

2) Ares

3) Camus

4) Tina (mostly here due to being my favorite character gameplay-wise in the series)

5) Palla

6) Volke

7) Mareeta

8) Leif

9) Galzus

10) Arvis

11) Marth

12) Jill

13) Bantu

14) Zelgius

15) Mist

Edited by Harb1ng3r

1. Astore. He's a great unit in Binding Blade, and just read his supports. They're among the best in the series. Poor guy.

2. Arvis. Yeah, yeah, he's the one talked about a lot and praised, but it's well deserved. Great character and design.

3. Leonardo. I'm really not sure why I'm so drawn to this dude. But I like what little backstory he has, and I really wish RD had actual supports so we could get to see more of him. I also brought him to the tower as a Sniper and at the end he was a level 16 Marksman, he kicked all sorts of ass.

4. Rutger. Gameplay-wise, he's your glimmer of hope in the dark world that is the fe6 earlygame on Hard Mode. Personality wise, he's just an edgy sword dude, but I always liked him. His supports are pretty good too, but they mostly make the character he's supporting with better, not himself. 

5. Marcus (Binding Blade). Not only is he an absolute god gameplay wise, and a very well designed unit (unlike his younger incarnation), he's a pretty good character too! Love this old man.

6. Oliver. It's partly the memes that make me so fond of him, but it's also just how entertaining he is as a villain. From getting up close and personal to Ike, to his seductive speech toward the herons, he's just a funny dude all around. He was also the MVP for the final few maps in Radiant Dawn, and I kept his animations on just so I could hear that amazing battle theme.

7. Arion. I feel like he gets overshadowed heavily by Ishtar just because she's a hot girl in Heroes, but I find him much better as a character. He even has a mini character arc, and has a relevant appearance in both jugdral games. Also he saved my home castle on the final map. Thanks. (he's also hot too)

8. Matthis. This little wimp was always pretty funny to me. I've used him in every single run of fe11 so far, and once he was stronger stat wise than Cain. I'll never forget that blessed Matthis... or was it a screwed Cain?

9. Nolan. He's kind of like the Rutger of Radiant Dawn. He saves your ass in the early game, and he's just a likable dude all around. Despite what people say about dumping all your BEXP to Jill, I'll still give him favoritism. Too bad RD had no real support system, what little backstory he had and his personality would have amazing potential.

10. Finn. Not only is this dude the strongest character in the series mental-fortitude wise (without being a gary stu), he's also a fun unit to use in both games. Sure, his personality is a little generic, but I find it better than the other 5000 Loyal Knight characters we see in this series. 

11. Leif. This little lord will always be my favorite in the series, thanks to how flawed he is and his great character arc in Thracia 776. Plus he saves your ass in Manster if you give him your stat boosters. 

12. Jill. I like her PoR character arc, but she gets kind of bland in Radiant Dawn. Fun and good unit, too!

13. Gilbert. Being the only 3h character I actually like, he really stunned me, and I found him very relatable. Though his character arc is pretty poor if you support him with Byleth. Please don't do that, he's one of the few characters who can have genuine development without the Magical Byleth Touch (tm.)

14. Sigurd. He kicks all sorts of ass in gameplay, and he's a pretty interesting lord, too. I'll still think he's much better than Seliph, forever.

15. Soren. Loved his whole character and backstory. RD also didn't completely ruin him like it did many other characters (looking at you, Shinon!), and I always liked him in gameplay and story.

• 2 months later...

1. Orson (surprise surprise)

2. Joshua ( Also the first character I took a liking to. When I first played FE8, it belonged to my elder brother, who put in some restrictions, on what chracters I was allowed to use/train. For example Cormag and Knoll were forbidden, and Gilliam I wasn't allowed to train beyond Level 10/12. Joshua was one of the characters without any restrictions, so he became my favorite for a long time)

3. Shinon

4. Raven

5. Seth

6. Micaiah

7. Forde

8. Pelleas

9. Virion

10. Takumi

11. Eirika

12. L'arachel

13. Beruka

14. Hugh

15. Ursula 

• 1 year later...

- 15th : Corrin (M/F)

- 14th : Mae

- 13th : Ephraim

- 12th : Celica

- 11th : Delthea

- 10th : Sanaki

- 9th : Lysithea

- 8th : Azura

- 7th : Eirika

- 6th : Micaiah

- 5th : Alm

- 4th : Chrom

- 3rd : Byleth (M/F)

- 2nd : Robin (M/F)

- 1st : Ike

Honorables mention : Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Seth, Myrrh, Mist, Elincia, Marcia, Astrid, Tibarn, Kurthnaga, Marth, Caeda, Palla, Lissa, Maribelle, Tiki, Nah, Sakura, Mitama, Genny and Flayn.

Edited by drattakbowser

• 1 month later...

1. Ike

2. Henry

3. Micaiah

4. Ephraim 

5. Sothe

6. Lucina

7. Ranulf

8. Leo

9. Marth

10. Roy

11. Robin

12. Eirika 

13. Lucina

14. Kliff

15. Ashe

those aren’t really in order… but I like it them!