So, you know those roster cards everyone but Byleth has? The ones with the likes, dislikes, and interests? Well, we are going to make some for our Byleths. I’ll start.

Byleth (Male):

Interests:

•Fishing

•Light Socializing

•Teaching (developed after a while)

Likes: Sweets, fishing, rest, walking, pets, his students (developed after a while)

Dislikes: Hiding thoughts, lost items, failure, flirts

Okay, I'll participate:

Byleth (Male)
Interests: Fishing, Training
Hobbies: Taking walks around the monastery, Fishing
Likes: Fresh Air, Silence, his students, Sothis (in my headcanon, Sothis frequently trolls Byleth, but they're still good friends), Teaching
Dislikes: Losing Competitions, Grading Tests, Wannabe-Casanovas, Bad Handwriting

Looks like you both hate Sylvain and maybe Lorenz xD

Byleth (either gender)

Interests: Reading (since you can read the most random stuff for Professor XP)
Hobbies: Fishing
Dislikes: Flirts

...yeah, I'm not very good at this, am I? 😛

Look, Byleth does not like the behavior, but he can still like or appreciate or acknowledge the person in question.

That being said, my Byleth can deal with it. What is Sylvain’s skirt-chasing and Felix’s sharp tongue going to do to stop him from accepting the Blue Lions house as his?

I can give you personality differences that I'm getting vibes for.

Male: Grumpy, he's tired of this shit and he is not getting paid enough for it. Strict in the classroom yet if he's on his time off he will just shoot a death glare and move on with his business:

grumpstare.png

Basically that.

Female: Wants to be the "cool teacher", she'll do whatever she's seen the students doing (within reason) and misuse slang. She had a taxidermied armadillo in her classroom that wore a party hat and was named the Partydillo. Sothis revived it and now it's class pet. Jeralt tried to feed it peanuts and it bit him. Female Byleth is also a fashion disaster but she has no idea and nobody tells her.

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I can give you personality differences that I'm getting vibes for.

Male: Grumpy, he's tired of this shit and he is not getting paid enough for it. Strict in the classroom yet if he's on his time off he will just shoot a death glare and move on with his business:

grumpstare.png

Felix, to Ingrid (in their supports): Go find a husband.

Byleth, somewhere else in the dining hall, facing Felix: Death Glare.

Felix:

23ECD33C-D850-43C8-9307-5232F59980B0.jpeg

Just now, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Felix, to Ingrid (in their supports): Go find a husband.

Byleth, somewhere else in the dining hall, facing Felix: Death Glare.

Felix:

23ECD33C-D850-43C8-9307-5232F59980B0.jpeg

Byleth (internally): I am sick and tired of these horny students and catching them going at it in the bushes.

Just now, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Who would be doing that, anyway?

Aside from Sylvain?

Dorothea.

Felix is making that face because Dorothea blew him in said bushes

Secrets abound.

23 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Dorothea.

Felix is making that face because Dorothea blew him in said bushes

Secrets abound.

I want to make a joke that involves F!Byleth saying “how do you do fellow kids?” But... I have no idea how to do that.

Ok, I don’t wanna derail my own thread, so I might as well go into a little more detail on why my Byleth would choose the Blue Lions. So, he is suddenly a professor even though he was a mercenary? Well, might as well make life here be easier at this point. His father told him that “he was a good learner, because that is one thing he liked”. People like Dimitri, Annette, Ingrid, and Ashe have that quality, and Dedue and Mercedes seem like very pleasant people who want to help people. Felix could have made a worse impression, but that is overstating it. Sylvain... can be dealt with.

If you do not have emotions, go with logic.

When you do, get everyone who is suffering into your class.

1 minute ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

I want to make a joke that involves F!Byleth saying “how do you do fellow kids?” But... I have no idea how to do that.

She dabs and says "swag" and "yolo" and dances Gangnam Style. She looks ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Ok, I don’t wanna derail my own thread, so I might as well go into a little more detail on why my Byleth would choose the Blue Lions.

That all makes sense.

Honestly though Sylvain is the first skirt chaser character I've liked a good amount. He's got depth if you look past that and realize that he's that way because that's how he was raised. He's also cute and I'd totally take him home.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Female: Wants to be the "cool teacher", she'll do whatever she's seen the students doing (within reason) and misuse slang. 

Lol I have the same feeling about Byleth's personality. Also  despite being a fashion disaster I believe she is too worried and insecure as a teacher, always  overworking herself and wondering if she is doing the right thing or messed in the class, based on her quotes and Heroes description. 

Here let me have a crack at it.

F! Byleth:

Interests: Crits, double hits, base growths, and weapon mastery.

Likes: free samples at Costco, great results from leveling, and getting all crits.

Dislikes: Academy social aspect grinding on NG+ and Raman Spectroscopy.

Byleth (Male):

Close allies (Black Eagles) - Edelgard, Linhardt, Bernadetta

Close allies (Blue Lions) - Dimitri, Annette, Felix

Close allies (Golden Deer) - Claude, Leonie, Marianne

Likes: Books, tea, fighting, silently pontificating the human condition during support conversations

Dislikes: Fishing, lost items, Rhea, Flayn

Lemme try...

Byleth (female)

Interests: Battle tactics, history, gardening, and reading

Likes: Tea, sparring, her students, teaching, flowers/greenery, dancing, and chatting (she's not a very good socializer, but she still enjoys getting to know her comrades, especially gatekeeper)

Dislikes: Grading, loud noises, painting, heights, reckless behavior, Rhea, arguing, riding, and Sothis. ( It's not that she hates her, she can just get on her nerves)

She adores ALL of her students, and will defend them to get dying breath. That said, of her students are being a nuisance, she will definately scold them. (especially Sylvain, Felix, Lorenz, Ferdinand, Caspar, Hubert, and Hilda, cause they cause her so much trouble) She's kinda like a teacher/mom cross.

Cyril Eisner

Age: 20, 21, or 26, depending on when in the game his entry is viewed

Crest: Major Crest of Flames

Closest allies: Marianne, Ashe, Edelgard

Interests: History, tactics, architecture, geography, philosophy, magic, music, smithing

Likes: Tea, food, fishing, cats, comfortable beds, opera, flowers, his students

Dislikes: Spiders, coffee, being kept out of the loop, cruelty, hot weather

VW
Byleth: Female
Closest Allies: Claude(S), Lysithea, Hilda
Personality: canon byleth but softens up and more likely to laugh.
SS
Violet: Female
Closest Allies: Alois, Raphael, Flayn (S-support Seteth)
Personality: Putting on a show. Anxious on the inside truthfully and feels some strange attachment to Rhea. Starts to relax and find herself.
BL
Dwight: Male
Closest Allies: Mercedes, Shamir(S), Dimitri
Personality: Serious about his duty. Not much of a jokester except for two times that he borrowed jokes from Alois. A well of wisdom.
CR
Barret: Male
Closest Allies: Lysithea(S), Dorothea, Hanneman
Personality: Cautious. Trust others more than in their own self. Kinda cowardly but bravens up.

Edited by axlorg89

I suppose I could add more now.

Byleth appears to be a strategic genius. He always seems to know how the enemy works, and how everyone should approach them. Everyone was surprised to see him equip his students with training weapons, of all things, but he always said “They are lighter than other weapons. Which leads to higher accuracy.” It all seemed to be statistics to him.

He also seems to scramble all around campus for the smallest things, such as recovering someone’s lost item. Shamir would say that he’s obsessed. But people appreciate all that he does, and how he goes out of his way to do even the smallest thing. His kindness, brilliance, and even youthful attractiveness, led him to become the most popular professor in Garreg Mach of the three, with Manuela behind him and Hanneman in last place.

Byleth (male, Crimson Flower):

Interests: Sword training, board games, making friends

Likes: Swordplay, collecting trinkets, having lunch with friends

Dislikes: Being woken up, organized religion

Closest allies: Dorothea (S), Caspar, Edelgard

Also, mine has a alternate red version of his main outfit, and gets red class outfits (based on Ferdinand's outfits).

Paimon Eisner (Male, Verdant Wind)

Closest Allies: Lysithea (S), Claude, Leonie

Part I

• Interests: Mercenary opportunities, career advancement, stability
  • Dislikes: Nonsense/tomfoolery, teaching, competition.

Personality: Would be a sociopath if Sothis doesn't act as their conscious, chose the Leicester Alliance-Golden Deer as he believe the alliance will have more jobs for him as mercenary. Also rationalize everything he does and comes up with plans to get closer to the students in hopes of getting in their good graces for them to find more jobs for him. Is taken aback by how dysfunctional they are but does his best to make work with what he's got, often by being really strict with their discipline.

Part II

Spoiler
  • Interests: Diplomacy, governance, history
  • Dislikes: Savagery, ignorance, crests

Personality: After merging with Sothis, Paimon becomes more empathetic to his students and friends. During the timeskip, he develops a small guilt complex as a result for both his past actions of treating everyone coldly and for sleeping during the five years when he was needed the most. He slowly gets over this with Claude's help. He begins to devote himself to the arts of ruling in order to create a new Fodlan out of a sense of duty and to help Claude's dream of unifying other cultures. Still a strict instructor overall, but becomes more tolerant of their antics and opens himself up to be teached by his fellow students.

• 9 months later...