New Spoooky Heroes Arrive! A Monstrous Harvest (October 9 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice choices for the banner. Now just waiting for Illyana to make her actual appearance. Skill-wise not so much swift sparrow 2 and more AR skills is baffling. Going to give the banner a skip so that I have more orbs for the brave Lucina re-run next week. 

Fury Weapons are nice, but it feels like a waste to be on those specific Weapon classes though. Tomes got Blade and bows got Brave and Firesweep. Daggers have Broadleaf fan too, although that is more rare. I think Fury would be better on melee and staff Weapons.

Not a huge fan of Odd Follow-Up. It looks too unreliable.

It hasn't been that long since they were introduced and now Opening skills will become obsolete soon-ish. Sigh... guess this is how people felt with Feint skills becoming obsolete so soon after they were introduced.

Fury weapons could allow for some fun shenanigans but in the grand scheme of things they aren't that great. 

And the star duo is heavily focused on Odd numbered turns. Guess that's a way to balance them in theory (in theory because you should replace the B-skill with Bold Fighter, denying follow-ups is meangless if you're able to kill the enemy during Player Phase). 

Everything else is not worth talking about so all that remains is waiting for, Hector aside, the stat spreads to be revealed.

Edited by Alexmender

What a skippable banner. The new skills don't interest me. I will use my tickets on the red color and that's all. Also, armored units? Another reason to skip.

Fury Weapons? Meh, I don't like Fury that much.

About Hector... I can hear Whale sounds from far away...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Nothing too crazy here, which I kinda like? They all have great art, fans of ANY of these characters could be pleased by that alone! 

Tickets are definitely going for red, with... hmm.... green as my backup.

If I had known about the content at least one day earlier, I would have summoned more for Ishtar. Since my only interested unit Ilyana is an armor unit, and I have a good VLyn already, there is no reason to pull from. If she was red, that would be great, because I have no red armor mage. Maybe I could try for a better copy of Sakura once she returns. 

Kind of relieved and disappointed that L'Arachel's base skillset is lackluster since it means I don't have to feel tempted to pull for her right now but at the same time I would figure they would try to give her a uh...I don't know...more powerful or appealing base kit.

Though in the event I do get her I would technically have a green version of Celica/FH!Delthea since Fury is on her weapon and then I can have Brazen skills in her A-Slot and Seal slot.

Edited by NSSKG151

LISTEN INTSYS I DON'T LIKE HECTOR THAT MUCH, SO GOD HELP ME IF I SEE HIM WHEN I GO SUMMONING FOR THESE GUYS AND HE HAS THE PERFECT ASSET/FLAW I'M GONNA CHUCK MY PHONE RIGHT OUT OF AN AIRPLANE WINDOW.

So anyway, Fury on weapons? Neat neat, think it'd have been better on some other weapon types but I never really give seasonal weapons to other units anymore so no harm done to me.

Ilyana and L'arachel look pretty straightforward as far as units go. Dozla I identify with heavily (and would also summon for if I were to pick a unit to summon for), but I'm still not a fan of all these AR skills being put on new units... I play the mode sure, but I'm not using these dumb skills. As for Hector/Lilina... eh. Sure that Conjurer Curios looks interesting, but Odd Follow-Up just does nothing for me. He's clearly an EP unit and I'll just give him Vengeful Fighter or Wary Fighter anyway. At least those do something on every turn. And Hone Armor? Boring.

This banner is neat, but very boring otherwise. I don't care about AR skills, I don't use Ruse skills on more than the original units who got them, and I suppose Atk/Res Gap is interesting enough, but not so much that now I need to summon 11 of Ilyana to give it to 10 different units (or whatever it is Whales do with new skills)

And I still need to get Henry and Jakob from the first Halloween banner, so bring that back asap would you kindly?

Hector being armored sword is disappointing. Wish Heroes would stop making all his alts armored. Sword makes him overlap with V!Ike and it also doesn't make any sense since his outfit is a wizard with a staff and staff would have been great. I also think this whole duo unit mechanic is entirely unnecessary and that Hector/Lilina and any other future duos should have just been implemented without it.

Despite that I'm still dumping all my orbs into this in hopes of getting as many copies as I can for Hector/Lilina.

L'Arachel is my backup plan in case no red orbs appear in a session. I honestly would've willingly spared some orbs on her if it wasn't for Hector being on the same banner.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Did we HAVE to get more seasonal armors? I'm so freaking tired of them.

At least the only character I care about here (Rolf) is not actually an armor. And is free. So I have no need to pull on this banner.

Also, Hector+Lilina seem way OP. A skill that automatically does 20 damage to ALL enemies AND lets them move again? Wtf?

Actually... Hector aside this is a pretty tame banner. I like and am familiar with all the units here. But in the grand scheme I only really want Ilyana who I can live without ultimately since she's seasonal and an armor. I'm 100% good on Colorless and especially daggers so Dozla is an easy skip. La'Rachel has that duel rally skill for scoring but not much else and Hector of course is a monster but the odd turn gimmick is weird for me.

Ordinarily I'd probably skip this banner, crazy as that sounds. But since the game will be flooding us with free tickets I'll take a crack at red and blue. Probably near the end of the month when I've stocked up on orbs and I'll just blow them all on different banners, or not. Maybe I'll just keep saving up, we'll see.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Imagine giving SS2 to new units when SS3 exists, thats petty 

Yeah. I was also scratching my head at that.

This banner is so meh. At least Rolf is free but his weapon is fury bow. We already have a few forms of PP bows

Really not such a great banner if I want to be honest. Iliana and Larachel seem uninteresting, dozla is Armor March for Nagi, and heclor as far as his base kit goes is really uninteresting. Will make some light pulls on colorless and red until I get one or two 5* and then I will keep saving for Sothis or another good banner. 

I'm a wee bit disappointed that Ilyana is blue tome. Because, you know, if her base form ever makes it into the game she'll be a blue tome too. Could characters debuting as seasonal units at least carry a different weapon type than their base forms would?

Also, not pulling aside from free tickets, I guess. Would like L'Arachel and Ilyana, but not that badly. I'm saving for Halloween Henry and Winter Eirika.

Edited by Sunwoo

I like the art despite some of the outfits being a bit...busy...but otherwise, this looks kinda meh. I'd like to get Dozla out of bias, I like his character a lot, but I think I might only try to get Hector and that's just so I can tinker with this new Duo mechanic.

Bit of a shocker in terms of interesting skills, kind of a waste of generally good art if you ask me. Before the reveal I probably would have gone red+green six times (for each circle) but now I'm not even sure if I'll spend a single orb. Mia from last year's banner outshining every single new unit is weird.

Halloween banners have traditionally been one of the power hitters of the year.  The first one gave Halloween Jakob and Halloween Henry.  The second gave H! Mia and H! Myrrh (Kagero and Niles aren't bad either).  This one really only has one impressive unit and that is the new duo hero.  I do hear those whale sounds as well.  Dual dialogues, 2 voice actors, first ever duo hero, 185 BST scoring, broken duo skill usable in arena and other modes, incredible weapon and skillset, art to die for.  I'm sure there will be no end of +10 Duo Hector/Lilinas by the very next day.  Of course this will strongly encourage IS to continue with their rapid power creep.  Again please please ban duo heroes from AR.  

lThey pumped all their attention into Hector and forgot to leave anything good the others. L'Arachel is particularly shafted. I don't use Rally Skills, so this is looking like a complete kit replacement aside from.. SS2. This feels spiteful. There is no reason they couldn't have given her 3. I love her as a character, but seeing as I already have a bunch of green tome horses, she just doesn't seem worth the investment. I am feeling pretty bitter about it. sigh

I saw someone say "nothing too crazy".

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/363401861656477698/630655874880241665/FEH_Unit_Builder_-_Saizo.png?width=266&height=473

(Note: Replace the weapon with Pumpkin-a-Box+ and add Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3, and his stats are actually 54/49/45/60/27, with the ability to reach 61/72 Atk/Def with the Solo and Rouse skills active.)

Edited by MilodicMellodi

I'm rather surprised just how lackluster every single unit is in terms of skills. Like wow.

The Fury weapons are pretty much out-performed by Litrblade on player phase and Litrowl on enemy phase, though they're actually not bad for bulky player-phase builds if you don't like playing with glass cannons. The dagger is actually viable since there isn't a Litrowl dagger, so that's at nice, at least.

Gap is basically just a dual-stat Opening, and Opening skills are already extremely niche (and Eliwood just does it way better). Having to match the sum of 2 stats to get it to activate on multiple units is more of a pain in the ass. Bold Fighter is already on every armor and their dogs.

Larchel has nothing of particular note. A new Ruse, but that's it. Again, Swift Sparrow 2 is already on every new unit and their dogs. They seem to still be reluctant to hand out fourth tier skills everywhere, and I wouldn't blame them, but it's rather disappointing to see. I honestly would have preferred to see her with Fury 3 over Swift Sparrow 2 if they weren't going to bother with fourth tier skills on her.

So Dozla... exists, I guess. Honestly, the only thing good in his kit is is weapon. Armor March is fine, I guess.

Hector's Odd Follow-Up appears to be armor-exclusive based on the skill icon matching the design of other Fighter skills and the Japanese name of the skill matching that of the other Fighter skills. It seems kind of unnecessary since Bold Fighter is plain better on player phase, Vengeful Fighter is plain better on enemy phase, Wary Fighter is better for stalling, Special Fighter is better for dual phase, and Null Follow-Up still walks all over the skill. His weapon is okay. It's basically just a souped up Armorsmasher with more stats instead of Dull Armor.

I think the only thing Hector really brings to the table is the Duo skill's AoE damage being great for babysitting and setting up sweeps and the fact that he's the first sword armor with an actual Res stat.

I'm probably just going to go for 1 copy of everyone and a few extra Larchel, as originally planned. Maybe an extra Hector for a merge, but my luck on 4-unit banners has been awful for the entire year (noting that every single new character banner this year has been a 4-unit banner) and I'm honestly sick of dealing with this shit. I'm not throwing my money at crap summon rates any more than I have to.

I'm honestly questioning whether the summon rates on 4-unit banners are even accurate considering how unlikely it is for me to be consistently below expected values with the sheer volume that I summon.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm honestly questioning whether the summon rates on 4-unit banners are even accurate considering how unlikely it is for me to be consistently below expected values with the sheer volume that I summon.

Out of about 10 5* units I summoned on The Chosen Ones, I got 1 Phina and like 8 or 9 red pity breakers. I got okay luck during A Special Soire, so I assume I have to get hit with more pity breakers eventually.