New Spoooky Heroes Arrive! A Monstrous Harvest (October 9 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow. Okay, yeah, Halloween Hector is really overpowered. ... Still pulling for him. Also, the rest have kind of underwhelming skills. I'm okay with this, though. I still like all of them!  =D Hehe, I can't wait to see Rennac come into Heroes someday!

Edit: Also, it's kind of weird but Hector's skills reminds me of Tellius' biorhythms. Weird because it's introduced on a...not-Tellius character.

Edited by Mercakete

I feel like we've reached a point with powercreep that unless you don't have a prf and/or tier 4 skills you're nothing. Maybe a unit would be more desirable if they're a demote, but still.

Edited by redlight

1 hour ago, redlight said:

I feel like we've reached a point with powercreep that unless you don't have a prf and/or tier 4 skills you're nothing. Maybe a unit would be more desirable if they're a demote, but still.

There are plenty of tier 3 skills that are noteworthy. The problem is that the few that are on this banner are among the ones with the highest distribution (Distant Counter, Swift Sparrow 2, Bold Fighter 3, Armor March 3), and all of the new skills are extremely gimmicky (Gap, Ruse, AR-D, Odd Follow-Up).

And you know, we all need more sources of Hone Armor. We don't get quite enough copies of Gwendolyn as it is. Never mind that Goad Armor is still locked to a single Grail unit and a single legacy pool unit (granted, it's another Hector).

Part of the issue is the fact that the Fighter skills are just so strong that there's no good reason to release an armored unit with a different B skill (since we're just going to replace it with a Fighter skill anyways). Part of the issue is the fact that armors still have utter shit for representation with certain weapon types, and seasonal banners are the best way to implement more. And part of the issue is the fact that armors simply don't have access to a lot of the new non-tier-4 skills that have recently been released, mostly due to the fact that the Fighter skills are so strong.

Basically, seasonal armors are kind of in a crummy spot right now in terms of what skills they can come with if they can't have tier 4 skills.

EDIT: They totally could have implemented new Form skills. Seriously. Ranged armors are literally perfect for those skills (and they have no inheritance restrictions).

Edited by Ice Dragon

i could've spent some orbs for ilyana, but seeing how underwhelming she is just makes me want to save orbs for her base version, or dorothea whenever a new 3H banner pops up

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are plenty of tier 3 skills that are noteworthy. The problem is that the few that are on this banner are among the ones with the highest distribution (Distant Counter, Swift Sparrow 2, Bold Fighter 3, Armor March 3), and all of the new skills are extremely gimmicky (Gap, Ruse, AR-D, Odd Follow-Up).

And you know, we all need more sources of Hone Armor. We don't get quite enough copies of Gwendolyn as it is. Never mind that Goad Armor is still locked to a single Grail unit and a single legacy pool unit (granted, it's another Hector).

Part of the issue is the fact that the Fighter skills are just so strong that there's no good reason to release an armored unit with a different B skill (since we're just going to replace it with a Fighter skill anyways). Part of the issue is the fact that armors still have utter shit for representation with certain weapon types, and seasonal banners are the best way to implement more. And part of the issue is the fact that armors simply don't have access to a lot of the new non-tier-4 skills that have recently been released, mostly due to the fact that the Fighter skills are so strong.

Basically, seasonal armors are kind of in a crummy spot right now in terms of what skills they can come with if they can't have tier 4 skills.

EDIT: They totally could have implemented new Form skills. Seriously. Ranged armors are literally perfect for those skills (and they have no inheritance restrictions).

In that case yeah. New kinds of skills would be good, but the problem is at the end of the day the most they could come up with is just a variation of a an existing skill with different kind of conditions and scaling (comparing atk spd bond and a potential atk spd form: best case scenario form has higher numbers, but bond is easier to pull off and the boost it provides is always the same). Not to mention they've shot themselves in the foot by making tier 4 skills. Why pull for something like atk res form when atk res bond 4 exists. Same numbers at best conditions, but bond is easier to pull off and simply does more with the penalty negation effect.

I will be honest, seeing Ilyana made me think "I think LA!Lyn might be better if you give her an Owltome, Special Fighter, and some good ol-fashioned Goad/Ward Armor stacks to trigger powerful Moonbows every turn" which then made me think "Ohshit I still haven't built my own +Atk LA!Lyn"

So... for what it's worth, thanks Ilyana, for reminding me that I haven't built one of my units with potential.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I will be honest, seeing Ilyana made me think "I think LA!Lyn might be better if you give her an Owltome, Special Fighter, and some good ol-fashioned Goad/Ward Armor stacks to trigger powerful Moonbows every turn" which then made me think "Ohshit I still haven't built my own +Atk LA!Lyn"

So... for what it's worth, thanks Ilyana, for reminding me that I haven't built one of my units with potential.

I recommend Blárowl+ for LA!Lyn. Both my Armored Mages, Lyn and Tharja, have Owl Tomes, and Owl tomes are great for units like them. Owl Tomes are also good with Bond Skills, which Lyn already has a Bond skill (Atk/Spd Bond).

Since Ilyana may have Gen 4 stats, she may have higher stats than Lyn, who is a Gen 2 unit, but still... I would use an unit that I already have than spend orbs for a new one.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Since Ilyana may have Gen 4 stats, she may have higher stats than Lyn, who is a Gen 2 unit, but still... I would use an unit that I already have than spend orbs for a new one.

Looking at her original stats and growths in the Tellius games, I expect her to heavily focus on Atk and Res, maybe have some alright for Armor standards Def to back her up, and then have Arthur-brand Dragon fertilizer for Spd.
Heck, they gave Ilyana Bold Fighter. Lyn came with Guard when Bold/Vengeful Fighter were already in existence, and I only assume she didn't get Special Fighter because it didn't exist for another half a year.

I was rather looking forward to Hector. Making him a magic class would have been rather exciting. But nope. That hope was crushed. Staff or Tome would have had him be a very high pull. As it stands I still would like the duo since I find them adorable, but it isn't a big deal if I don't get them. Dolza and L'Arachel are nifty and would help me fill my Sacred Stones Aether Resort. Sadly they are kinda shafted skill wise. I so wish they had gone completely mad on L'Arachel and given her Fury 4 to go with her madness flask. OR even gone whole hog and given her a prf that was just the typical 14 might tome with fury 3 upgraded to fury 4. 16 damage after combat would be true madness I tell you!

Anyways this banner isn't a must pull. Despite Dolza and L'Arachel.

Quick question. Will last years seasonal Halloween units be available in this banner as well as the new ones? As a new player I never had a chance at them, and Halloween is my favorite holiday so I'd like to get a few especially after playing against a few during story mode and seeing their cool art/weapon animations.

How/when are seasonal units re-issued?

39 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Quick question. Will last years seasonal Halloween units be available in this banner as well as the new ones? As a new player I never had a chance at them, and Halloween is my favorite holiday so I'd like to get a few especially after playing against a few during story mode and seeing their cool art/weapon animations.

Yeah, last year's banner as well as 2017's banner should get re-run sometime soon. We should know exactly when they post the next event calendar (and that should probably show up around the same time this Halloween banner goes live).

This banner is kinda meh for me. I dont use Armorers much and skill wise it offers nothing substantial. Odd Fighter is in every way inferior without the Special charged applied to it, especially when you consider its active only every 2. Turn.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:33 AM, BoaFerox said:

I want to uphold my complete Sacred Stones collection, so L'Arachel and Dozla will be my main priority. I love how they look, and they make a perfect duo as scientist and monster. Really exited to get them, I'm hoping they both have good skills and none of them end up looking like a "demote unit" on a seasonal banner (like Spring Marisa or Summer Gunnthrá).

I had to go and open my mouth, didn't I... This happened with Spring Marisa as well, why does Sacred Stones get such underwhelming seasonal units (in terms of skills)? I'm still going to summon for them, but I would have liked to be able to look forward to their skillsets as well. L'Arachel could have had Swift Sparrow 3, and Dozla could have had Close Counter or a new Form skill (Close Counter could use more sources and there is still only one Form skill). At least Armor March is useful.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

They will not be available on this banner specifically, but banners with the units from previous years will eventually be available. They usually show up a few days after the new banner for this year.

I think I will just free summon Red and hope for a mobile Bolt Tower. If no red, then either green or blue is fine for the waifus. Ilyana looks real pretty.

7 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I'll probably clear out all Greens - but i am still deciding. i need to save as much as possible for Dimitri (Mah Husband), and Claude (His B Skill) lol
I also need 2 Mias, a Sothis, and basically a partridge in a pear tree. 

Just curious, what do you need Claude's B skill for? The only type of unit I can think of is for Firesweep archers. I imagine most nukes wanting Desperation.

TLB!Mia is definitely good. Witchy Wand is great for dealing with Røkkrs and Pulse teams.

Tickets will probably be Red>Colorless>Blue>>>>Green priority for me.

Nothing is a must-have for me, but of course Hector would be nice if it turns out IS is stupid and lets it work in AR, not that he would be worth a team slot outside of his bonus weeks.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I think I will just free summon Red and hope for a mobile Bolt Tower. If no red, then either green or blue is fine for the waifus. Ilyana looks real pretty.

Just curious, what do you need Claude's B skill for? The only type of unit I can think of is for Firesweep archers. I imagine most nukes wanting Desperation.

TLB!Mia is definitely good. Witchy Wand is great for dealing with Røkkrs and Pulse teams.

i don't really know (as yet). 
but i'd like to have some just in case i need it. 🙂 

that's pretty much why. (that and I have every flying healer in the game but her, and i need the one that started it all. tried so hard both times and still no Mia. I'd like one for my fly teams and one for my +10 healer i'm building. 

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Firesweep units in general, not just archers. Roderick comes to mind, with his Darting Blow Prf Firesweep Lance. Chills can be unreliable and pointless if the enemy just has an equally large bonus to the stat.

Could also be good for a unit who somehow has Desperation in their non-B slot, such as Lewyn and Laegjarn's Prf Desperation 4 tomes, or anyone with the A Sketchy Summer weapons that have Desperation 3 built in.

I personally would welcome two Claudes. One to hopefully fix his meh Asset/Flaw combo of +HP -Res, and another to give to Roddy.

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Could also be good for a unit who somehow has Desperation in their non-B slot, such as Lewyn and Laegjarn's Prf Desperation 4 tomes, or anyone with the A Sketchy Summer weapons that have Desperation 3 built in. 

This is pretty much why I want an extra Claude too. So I can give his B skill to either Summer Ursula or Legault since it pairs nicely with the Starfish.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

i don't really know (as yet). 
 but i'd like to have some just in case i need it. 🙂 

Careful not to spend too much Orbs though!

I prefer to know why I am getting something before I spend though.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Lewyn and SR!Laegjarn want Lull Spd/Res though. I think it is a huge waste giving Lull Spd/Def to those two when we know Lull Spd/Res will come eventually, we just do not know when.

For daggers, it could be good with Starfish, but for bows, Brave Bow is still better than Fishie Bow when utilizing Brazen Atk/Spd 4 and Swift Sparrow 2. I guess if the player wants to go cheap on A skills with Fury, Fishie Bow would be better than Brave Bow then, but that does not really make sense to go all out on a Weapon and B skill just save on a A skill, when compared to to going all out on an A skill and you can go cheap on a Weapon and B skill for lower cost and better results.

Challengers: Against Hard List. Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs. Challengers at 1 HP.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Nephenee (SS) (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Fishie Bow+  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
B: Lull Spd Def 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Weapon: Brave Bow+  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
B: Desperation 3  

A: Swift Sparrow 2  

A: Swift Sparrow 2  

A: Fury 3  

A: Fury 3  

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Lewyn and SR!Laegjarn want Lull Spd/Res though. I think it is a huge waste giving Lull Spd/Def to those two when we know Lull Spd/Res will come eventually, we just do not know when.

Well it's not like we have many examples of physical damage Desp4 uni-
Oh wait right Mareeta exists.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Well it's not like we have many examples of physical damage Desp4 uni-
Oh wait right Mareeta exists.

I forgot about her too.