What if we got a manga centered on a non-Lord, non-Byleth character?

Runty

While Byleth, Claude, Dimitri and Edelgard all have great backstories, so do the other students (to an extent). So imagine that a manga were written that starred one of the other students. Who would you have it centered on?

My first pick would be Dorothea. She has such an amazing backstory and great personality (not to mention she's absolutely gorgeous). I'd have it be a manga where Dorothea becomes romantically involved with Fem!Byleth, and have her much more deeply involved with the plot. Plenty of opportunity for yuri. 😆

My second pick would be Lysithea given her tragic history and incredible magical power. Plus if she were the star of a manga, we could finally make the Death Knight not so vulnerable to her.

Who would you want to star in a Three Houses manga?

My favorite would be Ferdinand. She shows us how to be a better Protagonist. "I can be a Protagonist too! Just watch me. See how its done?"
Of course Hilda will be the true Hero of the story and manipulate Ferdinand into be her Sidekick.

Edited by Stroud

Blue Lions:
Felix - his perspective would be interesting in regards to the rebellion as well as his brother's demise. Plus his development would be nice to read in manga format.
Mercedes - Her house life from Bartels and with Emile would be interesting. Shed some light on crest system in practice and even the commonfolk. Not to mention it could also go to where she meets Annette and Lorenz. All around, lots of possibilities.

Golden Deer:
Lysithea - Interesting to see what her account of the experiments were like. That and I really like her character and would love to see more of her.
Leonie - What the game seriously lacks is the common folks opinion. Plus we could see Jeralt again.
Lorenz - Seeing the nobility/alliance round table just jives me up. Politics and mind games? YES SIGN ME UP. We can also see how he progressed in the sorcery school he attended with Mercie/Annette and how generally everyone reacted to Claude's appearance.
Claude - You said no lord but I just gotta. It would be interesting to finally see Almyran culture(that has been teased so much) on full display as well as some actual childhood scenes.

Black Eagles:
Dorothea - Same as Leonie. We need more common folks perspective on the state of Fodlan. The bonus is her past at the opera and with Manuela to open up more characterization.
Hubert - We get to know Edelgard's ordeal as well get a greater look at Huberts hinted family life. That and I'd love to see a 10 year old(?) fight a group of military men while trying to cross the border.

Church:
Cyril - Same reason as Claude, but the downside would be that we don't see much of Almyra since he does join the church. But still, child soldier and now devout believer? Interesting thought
Alois - Adventures of Jeralt. We would get Alois's perspective of Jeralt and up to the fire that Jeralt used to escape. Personally I believe Alois would be more better than Jeralt because I like guessing whats going on Jeralt's head.
Seteth/Flayn - Come on. As if you weren't curious about the Nabateans! They're a mine of information to be gained.

Nemesis - Similar as Seteth and Flayn, except we also learn much more from TWSITD's side.

Edited by axlorg89
Added Mercie and Hubert.

With how much worldbuilding there is in Three Houses, pretty much everyone could be a good protagonist, even absent character like Maya, Holst or Claude's mother.

If we only talk about player characters i think Shamir would profit the most from the game worldbuilding since she isn't tied to anything and had a neutral standpoint about all the conflicts in Fodlan without being empty as a character. And i'm not saying that because she is my favorite character.

I want a manga centered around Felix, Sylvain and Ingrid, since the three of them were childhood friends, after all. It'd be interesting to see their dynamic, especially since all three of them have very different personalities. Perhaps add Dimitri to this mix as well (since I think it's also mentioned he's known them since childhood?).

A backstory focused on Seteth, Flayn and Rhea (aka Cichol, Cethleann and Seiros) covering the War of Heroes and all events surrounding it.

It can  feature  a new protagonist, fitting an "avatar" kind of role, aka an observant main character that acts as a point of view, he/she helps to develop established characters and to flesh the lore. 

Edited by Mylady

18 hours ago, Mylady said:

It can  feature  a new protagonist, fitting an "avatar" kind of role, aka an observant main character that acts as a point of view, he/she helps to develop established characters and to flesh the lore. 

Wilhelm would fit the role well, he is a present figure in the lore without being too central. It would be good insight of Fodlan before the advent of Seiros, how did he join her and why does she hold him so dearly.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:09 AM, Fire Brand said:

I feel Felix would be a good choice, as he's one of the few who gets development in the main storyline. 

I second this!  Felix is such a strong character and a great foil for Dimitri, especially post timeskip.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:03 AM, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

Or it could be an Al like character or the cipher character Poe.

Why Al, Al gets forced in the main narrative and becomes ridiculously out of place

I think Flayn would be the best choice for a protagonist in a manga. she can be inserted into any class without baggage. As well as detailing her life before the game started in further information.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

51 minutes ago, The Exalt said:

Am I the only one who thinks Byleth’s backstory isn’t great?

Does he even have any? Like all we know was he's being a mercenary, which he didn't even know for how long or his age.

For me, any official story content regardless format (DLC, manga, novel..etc) should go on to cover Sothis, Rhea and Nemesis first, there are so many unanswered question about them and what happened in the past.

Duke Holst! He became the Alliance's greatest general, won the battle of Eagle and Lion, has defeated the greatest Almyran General, and survived against Nemesis without a Heroes' Relic. Just from these comments alone he sounds like a shonen protagonist. We also know from dialogue he's someone that pushes himself hard, especially in battle, dotes/spoils his little sister, and is quite talented in most things regarding battle and politics because he was going to be appointed the Head of the Alliance if Claude didn't show up. Plus I found this fan art of him and now I need him:

tumblr_px5p0fn9031xh0mipo2_500.jpg

Credits to the artist. I wish I could find your name but I couldn't. If you're on here, you're appreciated.

On 10/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, Dandy Druid said:

Duke Holst! He became the Alliance's greatest general, won the battle of Eagle and Lion, has defeated the greatest Almyran General, and survived against Nemesis without a Heroes' Relic. Just from these comments alone he sounds like a shonen protagonist. We also know from dialogue he's someone that pushes himself hard, especially in battle, dotes/spoils his little sister, and is quite talented in most things regarding battle and politics because he was going to be appointed the Head of the Alliance if Claude didn't show up. Plus I found this fan art of him and now I need him:

tumblr_px5p0fn9031xh0mipo2_500.jpg

Credits to the artist. I wish I could find your name but I couldn't. If you're on here, you're appreciated.

https://majunju.tumblr.com/post/187418435867/what-i-imagine-the-gatekeeper-holst-hildas This is the original post!

Also I nominate Bernie/Ignatz for more slice of life.

On 10/27/2019 at 4:28 PM, Hero_Lucina said:

https://majunju.tumblr.com/post/187418435867/what-i-imagine-the-gatekeeper-holst-hildas This is the original post!

Also I nominate Bernie/Ignatz for more slice of life.

Thank you. You're both a blessing.