What if Garreg Mach had a band program?

KelluPato

It’s a band au now

Dimitri would play something percussion or low brass (if he didn’t already break it lol)

Same for Dedue

Sylvain would play saxophone (bc it’s the serenade instrument lol cough cough Jinguuji Ren cough cough)

Felix would play French horn (to his dismay, he and Sylvain play similar parts... but he says his part requires “more skill” and Sylvain “has it easier”)

Ingrid would play trumpet (idk she just gives me those vibes)

Ashe would play euphonium/baritone (bc he tries his best) or trumpet lol

Mercedes would play flute (again, gives me those vibes)

and Annette would play the... clar-annette (high wind friends with Mercie)

Prof. Byleth would conduct? 

Serenesforest do your thing now

I can imagine small, quiet Bernedetta with a big ol' tuba.

Raphael is in charge of the gong, but has to be reminded not to keep hitting it over and over.

Sylvain is the guy who plays guitar to try and pick up girls.

Edited by Scoot

All the strings and brass players follow Seteth around for an hour one day playing mariachi music. Flayn dances behind them.

They play Darth Vader's theme one day when Byleth walks in.

Edited by Dragoncat

I was a huge band kid in high school and I'm still doing pep band now in college so I have a lot to say. Oh, and I play 4 types of flute.

The director would be Rhea and the conductor would be Manuela. Here's who would play in what section:

Vocals:

Dorothea and Annette should be obvious choices.

Guitar:

Felix would be the edgy lead bassist, obviously. 

Ingrid learned a little bit from Glenn and hangs out with Felix. Neither of them really want to be there.

Flutes:

Bernadetta would play 2nd or 3rd flute, since she doesn't want to get noticed much or at all.

Marianne plays piccolo in hopes of losing her hearing at a young age (I know the pain). 

Flayn sits in the front row with the flutes as per Seteth's command. He needs to keep his eyes on her.

Clarinets:

Linhardt would have an easy time sleeping in the back of the section, and people probably wouldn't notice that he was missing.

Lorenz looks like he belongs there.

Hilda sits there while Lorenz covers for her.

Saxophones:

Mercedes just reminds me of a couple saxophone players who acted as sort of band mothers.

Sylvain would learn for the ladies.

Ignatz alternates between Alto and Tenor Sax and draws all over the sheet music.

Trumpets:

Ferdinand, being as proud as he is, would enjoy boasting and blasting.

Caspar would be one of the token obnoxious trumpet players trying to start fights with the other sections.

Leonie plays trumpet and only plays Fortissimo as she tries to do anything possible to get validated by Jeralt, who played a bit in a quartet with Alois.

Lower Brass:

Edelgard would definitely be 1st Baritone. I think she'd like being the backbone and driving force of things, and she has the air capacity for it.

Hubert would play 2nd Baritone, since he wouldn't want to let El out of his sight.

Claude plays Trombone for the memes.

Raphael plays Tuba, since he didn't want anyone else to have to lift it.

Percussion:

Petra would play some native Brigid instruments. I think she might really enjoy playing in general since language isn't really a factor. 

Dimitri would definitely lash out some pent up aggression on the kit.

Dedue, similarly to Petra, would play his native instruments. 

I honestly didn't know where to put Ashe, and Lysithea, being the prodigy that she is, plays whichever instrument needs help at the moment.

Is it bad that my first thought was to turn the Blue Lions into a metal band?

Following that thought:

Byleth as the unwilling manager

Dimitri: Unclean vocals (he's the guy screaming)

Dedue: Drums

Felix and Sylvain would both be on guitar.

Ashe: Bass guitar

Annette: Clean vocals (the more traditional singer). At first, the others weren't sure how Annette was going to do in a metal band, but her nonsensical food songs provide an absurd contrast with Dimitri's edgy screaming that has since come to define the band.

Mercedes: Probably keyboard, if she even participated at all

Ingrid: Organ, after everybody begged her to join so they could have an organist. Doesn't really want to be here, but too bad.

Flayn: Her job is to throw stuff at Dedue while he's drumming, in the background of all their songs, you can hear a little *ting* *ting "weak". 

Cyril: Backup clean vocals, whenever the band feels like they want an extra singer (the joke was too good to resist, plus he actually sings occasionally). As a sidenote, why wasn't there a Cyril x Annette support of them both singing nonsensical songs?

17 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

As a sidenote, why wasn't there a Cyril x Annette support of them both singing nonsensical songs?

BECAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE!

Ahem. . .

Look, there's a choir, and that's where the vocalists go (later Dorothea, Annette, and Lorenz).  So for the rest of these guys. . .

- Mercedes on flute, with Marianne right behind her.  Oddly enough, Dedue is in this section, too.  How this works is anyone's guess.
- Ashe is on clarinet, because he's a generalist that people ignore.  What do you mean, bitter?  Next to him is Linhardt, who's here because no one can hear him unless he screws up.
- Edelgard is on bass clarinet because she said so.
- Ingrid's the oboe player, and she takes CARE of her reeds.
- Petra is on soprano saxophone.  They brought one in just for her.
- Ferdinand and Felix are the alto sax section.  There's some tension between them.
- Bernadetta has no idea why she's stuck with a tenor saxophone.
- Caspar's gonna try REALLY HARD with the baritone saxophone.
- Leonie's out to prove to everyone that she's the best trumpet player, even if her competition is Dimitri.  Good luck with that, girl.  Ignatz was placed here because he didn't speak up in time.
- Claude's the horn player, and boy does he hate cleaning it out.
- Raphael's on trombone, and he's surprisingly good with it.  Weirdly enough, so is Hilda.
- Hubert is the best baritone player, and anyone who says otherwise will wind up in the dumpster.  Possibly with their fingers broken.
- How or why Flayn plays the tuba is anyone's guess, but she does, and she does it well.
- Sylvain's being as lazy as a percussionist can be.  Joke's on him, it's the section that requires the most work!  Lysithea is the one that keeps him on task.

9 hours ago, Brave Lance said:

Claude plays Trombone for the memes.

He does the DOO OO OOOT thing randomly and blames it on Raphael and thinks he's hilarious. The thing where the trombone player just uses the whole slide, I can't explain this properly help!

Dorothea: This one time, in band camp...

Edited by Dragoncat

5 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

He does the DOO OO OOOT thing randomly and blames it on Raphael and thinks he's hilarious. The thing where the trombone player just uses the whole slide, I can't explain this properly help!

Dorothea: This one time, in band camp...

Like a race car noise? I feel like Claude would play “when mom isn’t home” with Raphael lol

1 hour ago, KelluPato said:

Like a race car noise? I feel like Claude would play “when mom isn’t home” with Raphael lol

Not exactly, like this: https://vocaroo.com/i/s10FlB2XSWvp and he does it in the middle of the song when that is not what his part is.

Omg yes the when mom isn't home totally happens.