We need more dragonflowers

The supply of dragonflowers cannot even remotely meet the demand for them as is.

This is especially true of Red Dragonflowers, as they do not drop in higher quantities than other colors but apply to a much larger pool of units. On top of this, the older infantry units - the ones who need it most - also cost the most to max out (860 as opposed to 600). Considering that these units were given higher dragonflower bonuses to compensate for their intentionally inferior BST, this is a problem.

I have a few suggestions on this regard.

1) Raise dragon flower gains from aether resort. 5 is barely anything. It should be about 15-20.

2) Allow us to plant multiple plots of the same color. I don't need a pot of armored, flying, or cavalry as much as I need a second pot of infantry.

3) Give us dragon flowers in addition to the feathers when sending units home. 5 for 3 star. 10 for a 4 star. 30 for a 5 star. 

4) Decrease the costs of dragon flowers for book 1 & 2 infantry units to match those of everyone else. Refund the difference. Why was the higher cost ever a thing to begin with? 

5) Replace the badges reward for Hard tier Rival Domains with the corresponding dragonflower reward for that week's movement type. Does anyone even bother with the Hard tier?

Dragonflowers aren't for everyone. They're for your favourites. There are easily enough to have a +10/5 of your couple favourite units per guy by now.

16 minutes ago, Etheus said:

4) Decrease the costs of dragon flowers for book 1 & 2 infantry units to match those of everyone else. Refund the difference. Why was the higher cost ever a thing to begin with? 

because they have a higher cap

25 minutes ago, Etheus said:

The supply of dragonflowers cannot even remotely meet the demand for them as is.

Entirely depends on what your demand is.

My current demand is "enough to max out all the units I'm upgrading to 5* +10", and I get enough feathers to make a new 5* +10 units about once every two months, so I'm getting dragonflowers plenty faster than I'm spending them.

If your demand is too high, lower it.

I don't think Dragonflowers are the most eregrious resource in terms of not meeting the demand, but adjusting the amount you get of them from certain modes to be a little higher could be a good idea, if only to make those modes more rewarding. The Aether Resort fields were disappointingly bad. They're expensive to grow as well, and 60 R&R Affinity is not really worth 5 dragonflowers a week (at least to me, who wants to use it for other things like music). Some parts of this game has the problem of essentially handing out non-rewards, either the amount you get of a resource is so low that it barely makes a difference or the resource itself is useless. For example, Røkkr Sieges giving 1 Refining Stone as damage rewards, which makes it seem like the mode "gives Refining Stones as a reward", while in reality it's almost nothing. On the other hand there's things like Arena Medals, which have so little value that replacing the reward for getting a streak of 2 in Arena with only 1 feather would make the reward more impactful. 

I totally agree! I've never maxed out a unit, though I'm close with my M!Kana (who requires red flowers.) And he's just one! I like using infantry units, but I want to finish my Kana before moving on to others... I want to max out the units I use regularly, since I pretty much use 1 or 2 teams (which includes 7 infantry units and 1 armored unit) for everything in the game. I'm trying to diversify, but that included making another infantry team...which will eat more red flowers...

Personally I'm not sold on the value of dragon flowers. Extremely few units are inclined to value all five of their stats, and when I look at other players' units I see them typically stop at +3 or +8 since an extra point in Def or Res won't matter. I'm inclined to agree that we could use more, but only on the grounds that I don't think they matter for a unit's viability. Grails and Divine Dew, on the other hand, are game changing for the units they apply to.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Entirely depends on what your demand is.

My current demand is "enough to max out all the units I'm upgrading to 5* +10", and I get enough feathers to make a new 5* +10 units about once every two months, so I'm getting dragonflowers plenty faster than I'm spending them.

If your demand is too high, lower it.

to add onto this, flowers to me are in the same boat as tree cummies - yeah, dew was a massive pit-in-my-stomach investment about eight months ago, but now i'm to the point where i'm just throwing dew refines (hell, rock refines too) on units for absolute giggles. as parrhesia said, this isn't a thing you're meant to just toss +5 onto everyone - and even if you want to, most units gets 85% of the utility of the dragonflowers in the first two or three, which are relatively cheap and can be spread around much better

sure, if most of your faves are one color it kinda sucks (lmao my cavalry lineup of dudes for flowers is so long) but for adding plus one to each stat onto your favorites dragonflowers are in reasonable supply

It is a self-correcting issue to an extent, as first gen units who cost more dragonflowers while providing next to none themselves slowly become a smaller proportion of the total units available in the game. Of course, if they increase the caps down the line, all bets are off.

There are some concerns about the scalability of the dragonflower system though. They've shown no indication of increasing the caps for older units or increasing the number available from newer units (with 4th gen still being 40). Not a problem yet, but if the cap does go up, and the cost scaling continues, then dragonflowers become less and less viable a catchup method for older units.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

(with 4th gen still being 40)

The number of Dragonflowers received from Heroic Ordeals is determined by the Book that the unit was released in, not the Generation.

Mia, Lute, and Dorcas are the last units before Book 2 and only give 2 Dragonflowers. Fjorm is the first unit from Book 2 and gives 8 Dragonflowers.

Hrid is the last unit before Book 3 and only gives 8 Dragonflowers. Eir is the first unit from Book 3 and gives 40 Dragonflowers.

All of the characters listed above are Gen 2 units.

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The number of Dragonflowers received from Heroic Ordeals is determined by the Book that the unit was released in, not the Generation.

Mia, Lute, and Dorcas are the last units before Book 2 and only give 2 Dragonflowers. Fjorm is the first unit from Book 2 and gives 8 Dragonflowers.

Hrid is the last unit before Book 3 and only gives 8 Dragonflowers. Eir is the first unit from Book 3 and gives 40 Dragonflowers.

All of the characters listed above are Gen 2 units.

Good to hear there's yet some hope then. I've only done about half of my available Book 3 ordeals and basically none of the earlier ones, so I haven't been paying too much attention. Not a huge factor in deciding when to summon, but given as my inclination is already to wait until the Book 2 heroes are kicked out of the general pool before investing heavily in any regular banner, it's just a little extra incentive.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Flowers are scarce on purpose, because pulling a new unit from new banners is 40 flowers.

This. They're not so limited because they're "just meant for your favorites", it's a matter of using flowers as extra incentive to pull new units. If you don't then you're stuck with what drip feed they give out through the different modes.

I'll be interested to see if book 4 units go above 40 or not.

Flowers only raise the urge for completion, I've only used cav flowers for one unit so far (and one armor flower to get Heroe's path done). I see them as an extension of summoner support. 

18 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'll be interested to see if book 4 units go above 40 or not.

My guess would be that book 2-3 units will give less flowers. It will be interesting to see if book 1 units will give less than 8, or if 8 is the minimum. 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My guess would be that book 2-3 units will give less flowers. It will be interesting to see if book 1 units will give less than 8, or if 8 is the minimum. 

Book 1 units already give only 2.

I don't think they'd reduce the number of Dragonflowers given by older units because that would be a huge slap in the face to any player that wasn't able to complete those Ordeals prior to the reduction.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Book 1 units already give only 2.

I don't think they'd reduce the number of Dragonflowers given by older units because that would be a huge slap in the face to any player that wasn't able to complete those Ordeals prior to the reduction.

Well, between 2 or 0 the slap doesn't get much harder. 

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Is Gen 4 actually a thing? I haven't heard any specifics about what it entails.

Considering Thrasir and the units on this banner and a select few previously then yes.

Melee Armorers(without Dragons) will have 180 BST and Dragonarmors will push to 185. Also Infantry got a push. Cav ivthink still remains the same for now (ecxept for melee cav i believe). Which means by this rate the gap between fully enhanced units with dragonflowers and new released unit will be the same or higher then pre flowers

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

Is Gen 4 actually a thing? I haven't heard any specifics about what it entails.

The wiki is only partially updated since we only have a limited number of Gen 4 units to reverse-engineer the formulas from, but what's known is available here, towards the bottom. Note the list of heroes for each generation is not up to date, including some late Gen 3 units who have yet to be added.

The first Gen 4 units were introduced in CYL3, compare their BST to the 3H units launched just before, e.g. Hilda vs Alm and DK vs Eliwood. Some people initially assumed it might be a one-time CYL bonus like Lyn and Ike in CYL1, but Sigrun who arrived just after had the same bonus, and so did everyone else introduced since then.

Edited by Humanoid

14 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

i feel this way about heroic grails. My rutger is +9 but i need 500 grails for the last one. its gonna take months.

I am totally with you here. I have a couple of TT units I want to build up and that will take years I'm afraid.

But I have good news for you, Rutger is getting a rerun and you can save your 500 grails for a different project

I understand that dragon flowers are a resource not to be taken lightly. It just hurts to see my gen 1 units remain at the same place while the new shiny units get all the rage and crazy stats. These days it takes about a 5*+10  just to be on the same level as the new hero banners. I wonder how many flowers gen 4 units will give 80? 100?