We need more dragonflowers

29 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Oh, I see. In that case, I wonder later down the line if there will be more dragon flowers given. Since I certainly want it.

If so, it'll likely coincide with the start of Book 4, so probably in a couple of months.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:26 PM, Othin said:

Entirely depends on what your demand is.

My current demand is "enough to max out all the units I'm upgrading to 5* +10", and I get enough feathers to make a new 5* +10 units about once every two months, so I'm getting dragonflowers plenty faster than I'm spending them.

If your demand is too high, lower it.

I question this assertion. Maybe, and I mean MAYBE if you are within the top tiers of AR every week, your dragonflower production could possibly keep up with your +10s. 

But from where I'm standing, at least half of my +10 merge projects, especially for infantry, will likely never see dragonflowers because feather production exceeds dragonflower production by such a massive degree. 

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

I question this assertion. Maybe, and I mean MAYBE if you are within the top tiers of AR every week, your dragonflower production could possibly keep up with your +10s. 

But from where I'm standing, at least half of my +10 merge projects, especially for infantry, will likely never see dragonflowers because feather production exceeds dragonflower production by such a massive degree. 

My +10 rate, which I stated in that quote, is easy to keep up with. What's yours?

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Othin said:

My +10 rate, which I stated in that quote, is easy to keep up with. What's yours?

I'll typically have 1 grail project and 3-5 f2p merge projects, with one character completed every 2-4 months ish depending on availability of copies. 

Completed projects are:

Michalis, Aversa

Chrom, ATiki, Soren, Lukas, Reinhardt, Reyson, and Julia

Near complete projects are:

Lon'qu, Ares, Klein

Just started projects are:

Astram, Hawkeye, Virion, Catria

With Brave Ike and Brave Lucina as long term 5 star exclusive merge projects.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

I'll typically have 1 grail project and 3-5 f2p merge projects, with one character completed every 2-4 months ish depending on availability of copies. 

Completed projects are:

Michalis, Aversa

Lon'qu, Ares, Klein

yeah for me. (esp. now since i am simply refusing to promote ANYONE for skills (unless the skill is for the 5* unit i'm doing). I'm getting a unit done every few months. I recently finished camilla, and I find it was everytime i had 40K i promoted the two copies, then for whatever reason i just stopped until i had had enough and then poof. My Serra is +3? (+2 at least), and I'd like her done but i've put off building horses for so long, so it's time to rectify it..  I wish i could do the 4* +10 thing, but i can't. i figure if i am investing time and skills you need to be at FULL power (that and if i change my mind i don't want to hunt down 11 more copies of them). I'm hoping with a break from fliers, it will give me time to restock while i dump my cav flowers into Ares, Peri, Priscilla, Silas L'Arachel and Eliwood. (and ideally by that time we'll have a good option for Green cavs (though if not cecilia) 

(and i still wanna finish Cherche, Kronya, start Norne, Cordelia, Palla and Catria, and like everyone else lol) 

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

Completed projects are:

Michalis, Aversa

Lon'qu, Ares, Klein

1 character completed every 2-4 months is easily within the range of doable with the current dragonflower rate, as long as you diversify your movement types enough. It sounds like your problem isn't enough total dragonflowers, but just putting too heavy of a demand on infantry specifically.

Suppose, over the course of a month, your dragonflower income is:

• Free unit Heroic Ordeals: 40 x 2 = 80
  • AR Tier 21: 34 x 4 = 136
  • AR Top 50k: 28 x 4 = 112
  • AR Defense -240: 10 x 4 = 40
  • Allegiance Battles Top 100k: 24 x 4 = 96

That's a total of 464 dragonflowers per month, well over the amount needed to complete one character every 2 months, and I'd say those are all easy enough to get. Personally, even on a slow month, I'd say my own dragonflower income would be unlikely to go below:

• Book 3 Heroic Ordeals: 40 x 3 = 120
  • AR Tier 23: 36 x 4 = 144
  • AR Top 20k: 36 x 4 = 144
  • AR Defense -165: 16 x 4 = 64
  • Allegiance Battles Top 50k: 28 x 4 = 112

That's a total of 584. All things considered (those are a fairly lowball estimate for my scores, the average number of weeks per month is a bit over 4.33, and it's pretty easy to get more Heroic Ordeals flowers than that), I'd say my actual average dragonflower income per month is at least 650. If you distribute your dragonflowers evenly among the four movement types (so about 0.7 infantry for every 1 armor, 1 cavalry, and 1 flier), 650 is pretty much exactly the amount needed to do one full upgrade per month, and that's without growing any additional dragonflowers at all.

So I'd say the supply is fine.

Edited by Othin

Infantry dragonflowers would likely be more in demand than the other types, since they’re the most numerous and older infantry require more. Though I think the system is fine to encourage using different move types, you just have to be more discriminating when flowering infantry.