Best Music of Fire Emblem: Three Houses (POLL)

Best Music of Fire Emblem: Three Houses  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best song in Three Houses?

• Edge of Dawn (Lady of Hraesvelg, Seasons of Warfare, etc.)
    • Blue Skies and a Battle / Between Heaven and Earth
    • As Fierce as Fire
    • Chasing Daybreak
    • The King of Lions
    • The Long Road
    • Dwellings of the Ancient Gods
    • Shambhala (Area 17 Redux)
    • Tempest of Seasons
    • Tearing Through Heaven
    • Awakening
    • Unfulfilled
    • The Leader's Path
    • Roar of Dominion
    • Scales of the Goddess
    • Any of Annette's songs during support conversations
  2. 2. Best Final Map Theme?

• Apex of the World
    • A Funeral of Flowers
    • God Shattering Star

It's now time to poll the full forum on what your favorite music from Three Houses is!

I've included separate polls for the Final Map themes, because it's quite variable on which is preferred by you all, so I've included them as separate polls!

The songs are as follows:

The Edge of Dawn: The Game's main theme, used in the opening movie, as well as several pivotal story moments.

Blue Skies and a Battle / Between Heaven and Earth : Chapter 7 (Battle of the Eagle and Lion) / Chapter 17 (Blood of the Eagle and Lion) Map themes

As Fierce as Fire: Post-Timeskip preparation theme

Chasing Daybreak: Early Post-Timeskip battle theme

The King of Lions: Dimitri's theme

The Leader's Path: Edelgard's theme

Dwellings of the Ancient Gods: Chapters 2, 6, 11 (Holy Tomb) battle theme

Shambhala (Area 17 Redux): Verdant Wind chapter 21 (TWSITD Battle theme)

Tempest of Seasons: Default Paralogue theme

Tearing Through Heaven: Chapters 8, 9, 10 Battle themes (TWSITD, pre-timeskip)

Awakening: The cutscene in which 

Spoiler

Sothis fuses with Byleth

Unfulfilled: Battle theme against the unchosen Lords

Roar of Dominion: Chapter 12 (Garreg Mach Invasion) Battle theme

Scales of the Goddess: Post-Timeskip Monastery theme

Any of Annette's songs: The little songs that Annette sings in Supports with Felix, Petra, and others

Final Battle themes:

Spoiler

Apex of the World: Crimson Flower Chapter 18 (Immaculate One) / Azure Moon Chapter 22 (Hegemon Edelgard) Battle Theme

A Funeral of Flowers: Silver Snow Chapter 21 (Immaculate One) Battle Theme

God Shattering Star: Verdant Wind Chapter 22 (Nemesis and Liberation Army) Battle Theme

Sorry about the long post, but I hope you enjoy the poll!

9 hours ago, Boatcat2111 said:

Unfulfilled: Battle theme against the unchosen Lords

Isn’t Unfulfilled the song that plays when 

Spoiler

You reunite with the lords, and when Edelgard or Dimitri die post timeskip?

I thought Indomitable Will was the battle theme against lords.

Anyway, I voted Tearing Through Heaven for my favourite song, because it’s just such a banger. Shame it only lasts 3 chapters.

I voted A Funeral of Flowers as my favourite final map theme, because it really sets the tone for the battle at hand, and it’s just a really pretty song to listen to outside of the game as well. Also, that Thunder version is beautiful.

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Great idea! What about Claude's theme, though? Was it not popular enough in the other thread?

Yeah, it wasn't mentioned, though I may do more in-depth polls, focused on specific types of songs, like Lord Themes, Map Themes, Battle Themes, Cutscene Themes, etc.

Unfulfilled and Paths that May Never Cross. God Shattering Star is my favorite but I know it would dominate so I voted for Funeral of Flowers because it suited it's route really well.

On 10/10/2019 at 9:04 PM, axlorg89 said:

I voted for Funeral of Flowers because it suited it's route really well.

Agreed. All three final themes suit their scenarios incredibly well so it's quite unfair to compare them:

Spoiler

God-Shattering Star: You're fighting an enemy who's been dead for 1000 years, who has brought ten fallen Heroes of Legend back with him, so of course the music is going to be eerie and old-fashioned, but also epic as this is the one situation where you're fighting an undeniably evil person.

The Apex of the World: You're fighting the monster who's been controlling the world but have had to do bad things along the way OR fighting someone who was willing to transform herself into a monster for what she believed in, so the music is more sombre and a remix of Edelgard's song (a key player in both scenarios).

A Funeral of Flowers: You have to mercy-kill the person you've spent all this time trying to rescue, who has risked her own life to protect you many times and has already fallen into despair with regret over everything she's done, so the music is much more tragic, with a faint remix of the main theme (and the Song of the Nabateans?) tucked away in there. I was listening to all three just now and this one still gets me right in the feels.

I also appreciate all three for being genres you wouldn't usually expect here. All of them are so amazing!!

I voted for Chasing Daybreak, it really sells the dark yet determined mood of the early war phase well. It reminds me a bit of A Dark Fall from Conquest, and that's a very good thing. I also really like Tearing through Heaven, As Fierce as Fire, and the Gronder Field duo.

None of the final battles are really favourites for me (though I should give Funeral of Flowers a re-listen, I've only heard it in-game so far), but I appreciate Apex of the World's nods to multiple of the game's leitmotifs.

I love Between Heaven/Earth-Blue skies and a battle.  - but it's Chasing Daybreak that's my absolute favourite (probably because i love how it's 2 vs. an army - i think the only time in the game where you get that until the others swoop in). 

both battle preps are great for me too

God Shattering Star is my favourite boss theme. 

For me, it's Between Heaven and Earth. While another 3-way fight makes not much sense story-wise. That track certainly makes up for it. As for the final map theme, I choose A Funeral of Flowers. Mainly for setting up the tone of the map. It's not supposed to feel heroic, but a tragic ending.