Who to use in 5x?

In advance, I'd like to apologize for all my stupid questions thus far.

Anyways, in chapter 5x I have four units to use. In terms of long term use, which of the four should I put the most experience towards? Is there anyone I should avoid using? 

Also, I got the secret book from ch. 5. Who should I give it to?

Also, is it just me or does Orson look like he's got a drinking problem?

Edited by Benice
Bad wording/over use of "Also"

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, is it just me or does Orson look like he's got a drinking problem?

He's actually got some sort of schizophrenic depression. Small spoiler, this will actually interfere with his ability to fight and you won't get him back later, so take everything from his inventory before seizing.

That being said, don't be afraid to use Orson some. He's there for one chapter, but he's there to help your small group have an easier time for that chapter.

Kyle is my personal favorite of the units you get here, so I would use him if you use anyone besides Ephraim.

Of course if you go Eirika's route, you won't get to use Ephraim for a long time. And I most certainly would recommend Eirika's route on a first run.
Also, once he comes back, he will be auto-leveled anyway.

Forde and Kyle are decent enough, but don't exactly stand out either. If you were to use one of them, Kyle is probably the better choice. Forde has a tiny lead in speed while Kyle has a more significant lead in everything else.

Really, I would just focus on beating this map and not worry about how best to squeeze EXP out of it.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

So I should use Kyle and Orson?

Use everyone.

Experience isn't so tight that you only need to limit it to a select few units.  But do strip Orson of everything before you seize.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

But do strip Orson of everything before you seize.

That sounds dirty. 

In all seriousness, try to use Ephraim if you are going to play his route. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter. 

Edited by Icelerate

All hands on deck. Like with most Jagens, you'd rather avoid killing cannon fodder (and, in this case, the boss) with Orson, but he's still there to be a panic button. Better the 'loss' of 30 XP than a restart.

Yeah, you can use all four of them for 5x but make sure you take Orson's stuff before seizing. I think Ephraim does really well against the boss so try to give him the boss exp.

As for your other question about who to give the secret book to, I guess it depends on who you're planning to use. The +2 skill is good on someone who has trouble hitting, so maybe someone like Garcia or Ross?