Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

Hey it's a new mode where you get four blank slate characters and select skills as you go. Take notice that the unit that earns the first kill is the one that gets the juicy choice at the end. My ten minute impressions of it are kinda good! What hot combinations of skills did your run have so far? My boey picked up his refined personal weapon and Warding Stance 4 and its sick.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at the end of my stamina, this is what everyone looks like.

L!Alm (Lv 35. 45/47/31/37/19)
Cake Cutter+ (Def), Swap
Sturdy Impact, Mystic Boost

Celica (Lv 34 +1. 39/41/34/18/18)
Loyal Wreath+, Rally Atk/Spd+
Atk/Def Bond, Res Opening

Mae (Lv 34 +2. 36/49/29/15/29)
Book of Orchids (special), Glimmer
Brazen Atk/Res, Hone Atk 4, Poison Strike

Boey (Lv 34. 38/39/26/29/15)
Inscribed Tome (special), Reposition
Mirror Impact, Even Atk Wave.

Not sure I'm looking too good... not a lot of good skills appeared to me, the specials were almost all AoE specials or decent Specials I had to pass up to get something better, Tactics appeared more often than I'd have liked. Lots of skills that lower enemy Def when Alm is the only one who targets the stat, Ploys and Sabotages on the three who have crap for Res. Also, Mae just does not want to get a movement assist...

You know what would be cute? If the reward at the end of this, if you made it to the final Chamber, you could pick one of the Forma you made to become a real unit in your barracks (Neutral and 0 merge of course) as they ended, so I'd end up with an Alm with a Def refined Cake Cutter for some reason.
It could be exploited to get the ability to skill inherit the rare skills such as seasonal weapons or Hone 4s, but it'd be a cute way to end your journey with... what did Loki call them, little dolls?

Edited by Xenomata

My Celica is basically dead weight for me at the moment. Been getting really screwed with the skill options.

Alm got death blow 4 and his pref weapon. So yeah he's kicking a ton of butt.

Boey is my MVP so far with his pref weapon with the close counter refine. He's my go to tank so far.

Mae is basically a buff bot at this point.

Huh didn't realise the skills refresh each time, so I missed out on some good skills on first go (I prioritised weapons).

My lady mages felt the spring in the air, so Mae has a Fresh Bouquet and Celica has Loyal Wreath. Alm has Barrier Blade while Boey has Spectral Tome.

Interestingly Mae could have had Infantry Hex Blade as an option, with also Chill Atk as another option (wow she really attacked B!Ninian it seems). L!Alm could have had Heavy Blade as a S slot.

At least Alm got his prf in the next refresh

I got Darting Blow 4 on Boey and Ragnarok [Brazen Atk/Spd] for Celica. I've only done three battles so far, but the novelty of having these expensive skills available to me is really cool!

EDIT: Also this is about a specific mode, so should it be in the War Room?

Edited by Seafarer

So far this mode has been fantastic. I wish we had some more stamina but I'll manage.

Got all of the Valentian chaps' special weapons, but I've had some bad luck with movement skills (only Mae has one and that's Smite).

I really loved this mode. The only downside its that the stamina limits it a lot; you can finish it in one go as long as you dont lose but if you want to play for fun you cant do it for a long time.

In my party Alm and Celica were used as the team's nukes, so everything that helped their player phase was my pick. Boey ended up being my bait/tank-ish unit since i wasnt getting lucky with offensve skills for him and Mae was built exclusively around support with drives and spd/res for Boey.

This looks like a Training tower in disguise

My units so far on floor 14:

Alm:
Dracofalchion
-
Glimmer
Scendscale
-
Res Opening
-

Celica:
Refine Ragnarök
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Bonus Doubler
-
Rouse Atk/Def
-

Mae+1
Juicy Wave
Ardent Sacrifice
-
Mirror Impact
-
Joint Hone Spd
Spur Def

Boey:
Rexcalibur+
Rally Atk/Def +
-
Boost Atk/Spd 4
Atk SPD Ruse
-
-

Boey is a nice support unit but i need to work more on his lvl and his combat performance. Celica/Mae and Alm can destroy almost anything with his buffs/debuffs.

I definitely regret some choices afterward, like choosing Warding Stance 4 over QR3 for Boey, or not choosing positioning skills from the beginning, because somehow I just keep getting rally skills or reciprocal aid, there are many crucial battles where he could have ORKO the enemy. At least everyone got their Prf weapon. 

4 minutes ago, Luckenzio said:

I really loved this mode. The only downside its that the stamina limits it a lot; you can finish it in one go as long as you dont lose but if you want to play for fun you cant do it for a long time.

In my party Alm and Celica were used as the team's nukes, so everything that helped their player phase was my pick. Boey ended up being my bait/tank-ish unit since i wasnt getting lucky with offensve skills for him and Mae was built exclusively around support with drives and spd/res for Boey.

I really dont think it is possible to reach floor 20 in one go (you dont even have enough stamina to do so). The level difference gets too big at some point

I have not seen positional skills at all except pivot. 

Here is my team, I have reached and cleared chamber 15.

Alm: Dracofalchion(though ruby sword+ was a carry for a long time) Brazen atk/spd 4, atk/res oath, brazen atk/ res 

lvl 37: 41/54/33/34/19

Celica: Rangnarok, Ruptured Sky, Dull Ranged, Brazen Atk/Spd

Lvl 34:  35/41/31/18/18

Mae: Keen blarwolf(eff dmg is sooo good), Swap, Mirror Impact, joint hone spd

Lvl  35:    36/45/30/15/27

Boey: Inscribed Tome, Atk def solo, atk smoke, panic ploy

lvl 30+1:  37/37/23/29/14

It just hit me:

This mode would have been so much more fun if they would end the climb with a Rerun of an Infernal Grand Hero Battle that rewards a 3 Star unit.
They could have done Infernal Berkut for a 3 Star Berkut reward.

Of course you can check the GHB maplayout before hand so you can built your units acorrdingly from the get go.

They wouldnt even need to limit it to GHB.
I would also welcome a LHB or MHB battle on Infernal that rewards the 3 Star unit. They could have picked Duma or L!Alm in this case too (but uuu this definitly wouldnt happen).

Edited by Hilda

It's an interesting mode in that they finally came up with a mechanic to disincentivise auto-battle. It's easy enough that I don't mind doing it manually for now, but let's see how it ages.

I got close to the last map in one go, but I stalled out a couple before it. My Alm is basically a deadweight still at lvl 22 and Celica is doing pretty bad, so it was all on if Sturdy Impact Mae + Reposition buddy Boey could duo the maps and they got overwhelmed finally. I'll have to stop and level up the others a bit this week before trying those again.

Very fun mode though. Funny that basically taking the training tower and adding some skill inherit RNG to it is the most fun new mode we've gotten in ages. I really like it so far, just wish I had a bit more stamina to play with.

The mode is pretty fun so far! Mae got her personal weapon with the built in Link skill and Reposition, so she's been very helpful. Boey also got his personal weapon with Close Counter, which has made him very easy to use. Alm has been falling behind for a while, but he just got Dracofalchion and Scendscale so hopefully he'll be more useful now. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I really dont think it is possible to reach floor 20 in one go (you dont even have enough stamina to do so). The level difference gets too big at some point

Im including the stamina rewards since they line up with a perfect run. I got very close to it and only lost on the last level.

Screenshot_2019-10-10-04-58-52.png

Edited by Luckenzio
Grammar

Okay this is my favourite mode straight away.

Highlights include:

-Boey being real MVP once he gets his prf with CC refine. Had Hone Atk 7 for a good bit but replaced it with Infantry Pulse once it appeared the 2nd time (Celica had Dragon Fang and Mae had Glacies). Celica had both Flashing Blade 4 and Threaten Atk/Spd 3. 

-Alm basically became a Heavy Blade GF unit (inspired by @mampfoid). Also has Atk Smoke to debuff enemy Atk. The best damaging special he was offered was...Glacies.

-Mae became full on support with Atk Opening, her prf tome and Spd/Res link (Celica had Reposition and Atk/Def link, too). Also Mae never gets any positioning skills so she relies on Celica

-Boey also has Mirror Impact while Mae had Sturdy Impact. Which they could switch but mixed phase Boey is kind of fun, no sign of QR yet though

Edited by mcsilas

Really fun mode! Too bad we can play only three times/day (after using the torches). 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Alm basically became a Heavy Blade GF unit (inspired by @mampfoid). Also has Atk Smoke to debuff enemy Atk. The best damaging special he was offered was...Glacies.

Lucky you! I was offered only Glacies for him and some other minor specials. 

This mode is fun! However...

Celica wanting to learn Armored Blow and Sabotage Def, and Alm getting Zanbato as option 3 times in a row... My units are dumb!

Only Mae and Boye are getting good skills as options... But that Atk Tactic for Mae was dumb... The team is all infantry, but the game thinks I still want a Tactic Skill.

Also, I am without torches...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Pretty fun so far, though as others have said the limited stamina can be annoying. I also find the 1 per battle kinda boring. If it was any kill or any forma who survived that got a skill you could make a fairly 'fast' kind of AA type of run. As it is I was getting kinda board toward the end of the stamina and torches today. Though admittedly that is because I just wasn't getting anything decent offered up.
Related, but since they control the team that is offered us they really should put a block on skills that won't work, such as Tactics skills in this case. Also positioning skills are very rare, and apparently I rely heavily on them since my guys keep getting the axe due to me going. 'CRAP can't move anyone with assists!' So I a big boost for me would be if all 4 started with a random basic repo skill like shove/swap/pivot. I am getting really annoyed with not being able to reposition anyone, particularly since 3 of them are mages. At least Alm has swap now, having to wait til level 35 was a pain, but at least someone can affect map position now.

But here are my people if anyone is interested.

Spoiler

UCqp72P.pngmqdj8o8.png3lhCOct.pngYrwgshy.png

Notes: I think it is cute that Alm and Celica have the same speed and that Mae and Boey both have the same rally right now :D. Apparently these four like to play twinsies. I am in a bit of an odd spot with Celica's special cooldown. Shortly after she got her C, Boey got Infantry flash as the only decent option. Of course this doesn't fit with her special charge too well.  Oh well it isn't like she had much options in that session. Ruorfox I think was the only thing notable, but Ragnarok pretty much blows that out of the water. Maybe I'll get lucky and Alm will get Infantry Pulse as an option.

Edited by Usana