Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

I’m surprised how aggressively people are playing this, I’m worried about getting bored.

I got celica tome, pent’s swift sparrow tome, and hone speed 4 on alm, so I’m not having speed problems any time soon.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of Stamina and Torches, on Chamber 15

Alm: Lv 34. Heart's Blade (Spd), Swap, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Spd Smoke

Celica: Lv 33. Rauorfox (Atk), Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Death Blow 4, Threaten Atk/Spd

Mae: Lv 36+1. Book of Orchids (Eff), Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact

Boey: Lv 32. Inscribed Tome (Eff), Distant Def 4, Quick Riposte, Hone Spd 4

Need to grind on Boey, but need more Skills on Mae >_>

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

No idea why we can't use regular stamina for this. We can in TTs and FB. I would say this mode is as uncompetitive as Forging bonds, so let us play! 

I agree. The unifying theme of all of the modes that require mode-specific stamina is that they have a competitive element.

The only motivation for the mode specific stamina here is to create difficulty, and why is that even a concern? 

This mode is fantastic, the most fun I have had in the game short of the Nowi content clears.  I really enjoy getting to build these units with premium skills without having to pull for them, training them up, and how it's a theme team.  So far in my run Celica and Mae have gotten most of the kills cause they got sweeper skills while Alm and Boey lag behind.  Gonna go back to early levels to train them.

8 hours ago, Seafarer said:

EDIT: Also this is about a specific mode, so should it be in the War Room?

Oh, I did not consider this. But that sub forum is usually just for archiving info on GHB and LHB since those get reruns. I do see the correlation since this is a not a competitive mode, but it's also not a mode where people face the same challenges at any point of their run. If the mods want to move this it's fine but I was envisioning more of a thread where we just chat about our cool builds.

I also have to agree with most people's criticisms. I think I'd prefer the mode use regular stamina, especially if it's not being run alongside forging bonds or tempest trials. I also feel like there would be a cool opportunity to add Forging Bonds - style conversations for the four units. But then again narratively these are not the actual heroes, just soulless dolls who probably don't speak. Still though I'm surprised how well the roguelike genre fits with Fire Emblem. It kind of has the same appeal as randomizer rom hacks. I think I'd prefer these events be turned into permanent content (like squad assaults) that anybody can challenge and then maybe re-run for fun. 

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Oh, I did not consider this. But that sub forum is usually just for archiving info on GHB and LHB since those get reruns. I do see the correlation since this is a not a competitive mode, but it's also not a mode where people face the same challenges at any point of their run. If the mods want to move this it's fine but I was envisioning more of a thread where we just chat about our cool builds.

I also have to agree with most people's criticisms. I think I'd prefer the mode use regular stamina, especially if it's not being run alongside forging bonds or tempest trials. I also feel like there would be a cool opportunity to add Forging Bonds - style conversations for the four units. But then again narratively these are not the actual heroes, just soulless dolls who probably don't speak. Still though I'm surprised how well the roguelike genre fits with Fire Emblem. It kind of has the same appeal as randomizer rom hacks. I think I'd prefer these events be turned into permanent content (like squad assaults) that anybody can challenge and then maybe re-run for fun. 

We should be getting the Halloween TT soon, so there'll be overlap with that.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

We should be getting the Halloween TT soon, so there'll be overlap with that.

Yeah then I guess it makes sense. And ideally Fire Emblem Heroes would be having Forging Bonds or Tempest Trials running most of every day of the month, so there wouldn't be calendar space to fit this mode in between. Not unless they're trying to phase out one or the other like Tap Battle or Grand Conquests.

The mode is fun so far, but I wonder how long that'll last considering many just finished it already and the only thing left is to do the dailies and maybe flex the +10 builds they get. 

As for me, I decided to take it slow so I'm grinding a bit. Mae has been the MVP so far due to that Atk/Spd Push 4 she got super early, Celica is one or two steps away from greatness (if only she could get Glimmer and the Heavy Blade seal), Boey is neither here nor there but he'd be a great tank if he gets QR. Alm is either super strong or practically useless depening on the map.

Spoiler

AP5k6mQ.jpgnR0OtvZ.jpgYGTlmWl.jpgypswB1q.jpg

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Celica wanting to learn Armored Blow and Sabotage Def, and Alm getting Zanbato as option 3 times in a row... My units are dumb!

It’s OK. The first weapon my Celica was offered was...a refined Tomato Tome+ (and I think it was a +Def refine too). Either way, I don’t even use that shit on my summer Leo. 

Joint Hone Spd was also an option though, so you can probably imagine which one I picked.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It’s OK. The first weapon my Celica was offered was...a refined Tomato Tome+ (and I think it was a +Def refine too). Either way, I don’t even use that shit on my summer Leo. 

Joint Hone Spd was also an option though, so you can probably imagine which one I picked.

Well, Def Tomato Tome was a better option than Atk Tactic that Mae got.

I'm really enjoying this mode so far as well, but it's a pity that you have so little special stamina... There is a thing I didn't understand though: does the stamina for this mode refreshes every day? Because you get a very few torches as a reward...

Maybe for the next one they can update the stamina system? I don't believe they will change it to use the normal stamia, but maybe increase the number of stamina from 3 to 5, or give us more Forma Torches to recover stamina as reward (right now, we start with 3 torches and can get 3 more from rewards).

17 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

I'm really enjoying this mode so far as well, but it's a pity that you have so little special stamina... There is a thing I didn't understand though: does the stamina for this mode refreshes every day? Because you get a very few torches as a reward...

Yeah, it refills each day.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe for the next one they can update the stamina system? I don't believe they will change it to use the normal stamia, but maybe increase the number of stamina from 3 to 5, or give us more Forma Torches to recover stamina as reward (right now, we start with 3 torches and can get 3 more from rewards).

I'd be more interested in them adding a preview and reroll system like training tower has, so you don't waste torches on bullshit.

"Oh, hello Fallen Tiki... literally none of my four heroes can beat you...."

5 hours ago, Etheus said:

I really like this mode. They could afford to tighten up the skill acquisition pool to exclude bad skills, but this has to be one of the best new modes in a while.

While I see the point, I also feel like sifting through some bad skills makes the good ones stand out all the more.

26 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'd be more interested in them adding a preview and reroll system like training tower has, so you don't waste torches on bullshit.

"Oh, hello Fallen Tiki... literally none of my four heroes can beat you...."

Couldn't you preview the map? Like you could reroll the tower before we had the button. Just playing a different difficulty to make painful setups go away. 

/Edit: it just occurred to me why they added "skip shaping": When your unit is already +10 and you don't want to change skills. 

Edited by mampfoid

Progress so far:

Alm:
lv. 35: 40/52/31/33/19
Dracofalchion, Drive Spd, Chill Atk

Celica:
lv. 34: 35/41/31/18/18
eff. Ragnarok, Ruptured Sky, Brazen Atk/Spd, Chill Res, Infantry Breath, Drive Def

Mae:
lv. 34: 34/47/28/15/27
eff. Book of Orchids, Blazing Thunder, Mystic Boost, Spd Tactic

Boey:
lv. 35: 39/40/26/29/15
eff. Inscribed Tome, Reposition, Noontime, Chill Spd, Spd Smoke

24 minutes ago, Thane said:

While I see the point, I also feel like sifting through some bad skills makes the good ones stand out all the more.

If the entire lot is bad, can always choose to merge instead of picking up a potentially worthless skill.