Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

49 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'd be more interested in them adding a preview and reroll system like training tower has, so you don't waste torches on bullshit.

You can preview the map, but you cannot reroll it.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I totally thought that you had to just keep pushing forward and couldn't replay floors. XD Following this method, I got to the first infernal map before losing a battle! I'm kind of proud of myself.

As for my formas, they're developing...interestingly. (This is off of memory so I may be forgetting stuff.)

Alm: Got him his Dragonfalchion and Scendscale as well as Harsh Command+. I believe he also has a merge.

Celica: She has 2 merges, I think. She also has her prf Ragnarok, Rally Up Res+, Vengeance, Close Counter, and Atk/Spd Link.

Mae: She really, really wants to be the fastest and the strongest (despite Alm usually being the last one alive on maps and so being a lot higher in level than the mages.) She has her prf tome (Orchid Tome, I think?), atk/spd push, atk/spd ruse, and Blue Flame. (Her quote, "BIG. HURTY. LIGHTNING." comes to mind.) She could really use some merges and levels, though.

Boey: I believe he was the first one to get a skill (which was Warding Stance 4, which is good for him since his res isn't the best.) He also has his Inscribed Tome and Shove.

Edit: Also, uh... Does anyone else sometimes get level-ups when no stats go up?

Edited by Mercakete

My Formas:

Alm
Level: 34
Weapon: Dracofalchion
Assist: none
Special: Noontime
A Passive: Fort. Def/Res 3
B Passive: Dull Close 3
C Passive: none
Sacred Seal: none

Celica
Level: 35+2
Weapon: Bolganone+
Assist: none
Special: Ruptured Sky
A Passive: Flashing Blade 4
B Passive: Chill Atk 3
C Passive: Pulse Smoke 3
Sacred Seal: none

Mae
Level: 36
Weapon: Blessed Bouquet+ (+Res)
Assist: Rally Up Atk+
Special: none
A Passive: Swift Sparrow 3
B Passive: Mystic Boost 3
C Passive: none
Sacred Seal: Warding Stance 3

Boey
Level: 35
Weapon: Inscribed Tome (+Eff)
Assist: Smite
Special: none
A Passive: Atk/Def Solo 3
B Passive: none
C Passive: Infantry Pulse 3
Sacred Seal: Close Def 3

Benched Boey since he sucks and BAlm since he's a redundant 2nd Red with Celica existing. Got through map19, would have completed all in one go but got unlucky with a vantage Ishtar one map in 16-18

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by Azuni
typo

As with AR during its inception, this mode has huge potential of being really fun and a great addition to the game. I'm just afraid they might turn it into trash - again, like AR - if they decide to make weird decisions. Right now, it's the most fun I had with the game since.... quite some time ago. The stamina system bugs me (I want to continue playing all the time, but can't), so I hope they will improve on the mode in the future.

Please, IS, don't screw it up.

I guess I'm having a little fun with this new mode. But I much prefer using my own units over this. I'm for the most part just playing for the rewards.

You know one reward that they could add that would make this mode extremely exciting and rewarding? Making it so when the event ends, you're able to select one of the forms you trained and treat it like a manual to inherit a single skill/set from it to one of your actual units. I'd feel like a kid in a candy store every time I beat a map if that were to happen. lol No way they'd ever be that generous, obviously. "Risk people getting Distant Counter for free? BLASPHEMY!"

Edited by Namero

Maybe what IS could do in the future is to take a look at the most popular inheritable skills on each Forma and make banners highlighting those skills.

Everyone likes Distant Counter on Alm? Let's have a banner with Distant Counter as the main focus.
Quick Riposte is the most popular B skill for Boey? Let's have a banner with that as the focus.
Rally skills on Mae? Let's have a banner on high-tier Rally skills.

There's so much potential for this, not to mention IS would be making money off of us buying the skills that we want.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Boey with a -blade tome is stupidly good, as long as there's people that can boost his stats.  Luckily, Mae got Hone Spd 4, and she already destroys everything.

Still early, but there's seven days of rewards, so I'm going to space this out.  Kinda wish the torches would regenerate once ever 8 hours instead of three at day change.

I agree with the others and I wish there is no stamina system for this mode since we are not even competing. If they really want to make us use stamina, make us use our regular stamina like for Forging Bonds.

I am really enjoying this mode. It's been a while since I truly had fun with Heroes. I think the best part is being able to try out or use skills I do not have access to like the Lull passives where I can use it now if I build a Hawkeye, but stuff like Atk/Spd Push 4, Blue Flame, etc., I never summoned a unit with those skills.

I missed a day and just started, so nothing much. Kind of wished I had picked a different skill at first for Boey instead of Spectral Tome since the next time he got something, it was his Inscribed Tome. Almost Close Counter and -raven? Yes, since he'd have WTA against two colors and he'd be able to counter against melee blues if needed. Alm was not so lucky with getting first kills. So far, he only has Dracofalchion and Lull Spd/Def.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I am really enjoying this mode. It's been a while since I truly had fun with Heroes. I think the best part is being able to try out or use skills I do not have access to like the Lull passives where I can use it now if I build a Hawkeye, but stuff like Atk/Spd Push 4, Blue Flame, etc., I never summoned a unit with those skills.

I missed a day and just started, so nothing much. Kind of wished I had picked a different skill at first for Boey instead of Spectral Tome since the next time he got something, it was his Inscribed Tome. Almost Close Counter and -raven? Yes, since he'd have WTA against two colors and he'd be able to counter against melee blues if needed. Alm was not so lucky with getting first kills. So far, he only has Dracofalchion and Lull Spd/Def.

My Boey in my alt account really seems to like Spectral Tome. Was his first weapon, and now both times he got a kill today was also Spectral Tome (with different refines). At least he got Distant Def 4 (replaced Fortress Def/Res so i can kill things quicker) and QR finally.

I just want his prf already 😕

Oh and Mae just isn't getting positional skills, but at least she learned Atk/Spd solo

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Boey with a -blade tome is stupidly good, as long as there's people that can boost his stats.  Luckily, Mae got Hone Spd 4, and she already destroys everything.

Still early, but there's seven days of rewards, so I'm going to space this out.  Kinda wish the torches would regenerate once ever 8 hours instead of three at day change.

I got Blade Boey and Hone Spd 4, but unfortunately Hone Spd 4 is on Boey as well.

Mae can boost his stats with Rally Up Atk, but it doesn't go very well with her personal tome, which I currently have no way to activate. This team is turning out kind of weird.

Up to floor 17 since I decided to grind a little on previous floors. I'm rather liking the mode. So far, my team looks like:

Alm: Dracofalchion-Rally Up Res+-Sudden Panic-Joint Hone Spd-Atk Smoke. Level 38

Celica- Prf refined Ragnarok-Rally Atk/Res-Def/Res Solo-Chill Atk-Def Tactics-Distant Def. Level 36

Mae- Res+ Keen Blarwolf-Draw Back-Brazen Atk/Res-Inf. Hexblade-Drive Atk. Level 39

Boey- Inscribed Tome-Distant Def 4-Def/Res Ruse-Drive Spd-Spur Atk. Level 38

Yeah...Specials have all been AoE. And I hadn't wanted to replace Celica's skills at the point I got Def Tactics, so I'm waiting for a better skill on her. Mae is also invaluable with her new anti-cav setup. I had passed up her prf tome at the time it appeared because I gave her Drive Atk instead.

I regret some skill choices... 😀

This is probably my favorite game mode now. It's a pity that it is so limited. Boosted experience and SP events are not supposed to apply to this event. However, my units level up so fast that I wonder if the permanent double experience from the castle upgrades is in effect.

Ended yesterday with this

Spoiler

Out of Stamina and Torches, on Chamber 15

Alm: Lv 34. Heart's Blade (Spd), Swap, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Spd Smoke

Celica: Lv 33. Rauorfox (Atk), Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Death Blow 4, Threaten Atk/Spd

Mae: Lv 36+1. Book of Orchids (Eff), Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact

Boey: Lv 32. Inscribed Tome (Eff), Distant Def 4, Quick Riposte, Hone Spd 4

Need to grind on Boey, but need more Skills on Mae >_>

As of today, made no progress. Chose to grind instead.

Alm: Lv 35. Heart's Blade (Spd), Swap, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Spd Smoke

Celica: Lv 36. Rauorfox (Atk), Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Death Blow 4, Threaten Atk/Spd

Mae: Lv 38+1. Book of Orchids (Eff), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact

Boey: Lv 37. Inscribed Tome (Eff), Ignis, Distant Def 4, Quick Riposte, Hone Spd 4

Got Boey caught up and gave everyone a couple levels. Expecting to spend tomorrow grinding, too. 

This mode is pretty fun. I'll echo the sentiment that because this is not a competitive mode, there isn't really a good reason to have a unique limited stamina type for it. Games are more fun when you're actually allowed to play them.

Celica is currently an offensive monster with Ragnarok [unique], Swift Sparrow 3, and Desperation 3 and has Infantry Breath 3 for shits and giggles. Boey dies to everything. Mae is pretty good. Alm is pretty good at killing himself with Scendscale, but he hasn't actually died yet and has so far ended up with Escutcheon.

EDIT: Oh, right. None of my units has an Assist skill yet. It's been... interesting.

Edited by Ice Dragon

22 minutes ago, redlight said:

I wish there was a abyss mode aspect to it. Go as far as you can without spending stamina. Going in and out of combat gives me GBF flashbacks

You mean like multiple maps in a row? That'd be awesome!

Imagine if Hall of Forms had a Tempest Trials aspect to it, and and at the end of a certain number of maps you were given the choice of skills or a merge on each unit. Losing means your units lose their Levels, but they keep their skills and merges so you can have an advantage on your next try.
And maybe there'd be a ranking system too, so people could compete for who makes it the farthest. The amount of maps would be endless, and you'd get to the point where you're constantly going against units far past their +10 limits, maybe even past 100 HP. First place gets feathers and a banner featuring their displayed unit.

Today, I spent my torches trying to power up my units rather than to push forward. I forgot to mention it before, but Alm got atk/def lull early on. But today, Boey got Fierce Stance and Mae got a merge. I don't remember who got what else today, though.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Celica is currently an offensive monster with Ragnarok [unique], Swift Sparrow 3, and Desperation 3 and has Infantry Breath 3 for shits and giggles.

I raise you a Celica with her own tome, unique refine, and Atk/Spd Solo 3, with Mae's Hone Spd 4 on her. 😛

Honestly, all she's missing is Desperation, and then she'll murder everything.  Everyone else can get the first kill and chill.

Today, I advanced! Here's the skill Boey got last time that I forgot to put: Threaten atk/spd. This time, Mae got Rally Spd/Res+ and a merge. Alm got Renewal 3 as a seal.