Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah there's not much variety in the weapon slot - all my units had their Prfs by level 15. Maybe they should ease up on the restrictions for this mode and let them have other people's Prfs?

If they're not willing to do that, featuring units without prfs could work. Or just decreasing how often the prfs show up.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday's stats

Spoiler

Now at Chamber 17. Spent one torch grinding.

Alm: Lv 38+1. Heart's Blade (Spd), Swap, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Spd Smoke

Celica: Lv 39+1. Rauorfox (Atk), Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Death Blow 4, Null Follow-Up Threaten Atk/Spd

Mae: Lv 40+1. Book of Orchids (Eff), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact

Boey: Lv 40+1. Inscribed Tome (Eff), Ignis, Distant Def 4, Quick Riposte, Hone Spd 4

Boey and Mae hit 40! Just need to get Alm and Celica up tomorrow and then I'll just need to focus on filling up these Skill Slots. Mae is really lagging behind with Skills.

Chamber 19, two to go~

Alm: Lv 40+1. Dracofalchion, Swap, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Chill Res, Spd Smoke

Celica: Lv 40+1. Rauorfox (Atk), Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Death Blow 4, Null Follow-Up Threaten Atk/Spd

Mae: Lv 40+1. Book of Orchids (Eff), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Def/Res Link

Boey: Lv 40+1. Inscribed Tome (Eff), Ignis, Distant Def 4, Quick Riposte, Hone Spd 4

Today, I was defeated and then I beat the last chamber and Mae got a merge. All 4 units are now lvl40, too. Only Boey is lacking merging (which is ironic since the Boey in my barracks is +8.) Used my last torch on chamber 20 again for the heck of it. 4 foes stand before me. Perri, Roderick...(original) Alm and Boey. Well. That's interesting. Defeated both Alm and Boey, was KO'd by the cavs. SO. That's how my run went today. =D

I've been procrastinating posting here so I'm just gonna keep it brief. The mode is excellent. Since I've recently been playing a Roguelike game called Wizards of Legend this game dropped at the perfect time. I love the skill system and building your units from scratch. The only downside is the stamina. Honestly this should be a mode in the weekly rotation along with Arena/AA/AB. There's no forced commitment so you can play whenever you want and there's literally hundreds of units to cycle through so it's not like the mode will ever get stale. Especially if you mix special and legenday/mythic heroes into it.

Also we don't necessarily have to abolish the forma stamina, I think it's kinda cool. But we definitely should get more a day. I think 7-8 Stamina would be best. Also expand the mode a bit, maybe 30 or so stages. Lock the orbs to the first 15 or so to give people a reason to get at least that far and rewards for the higher difficulties can be something like refining stones, dew or accessories that people potentially missed during tap battles. If they did all this the mode would be infinitely more fun and it's already a blast.

Being able to use skills or even units that I've never had before is an amazing concept and should be expanded upon. It'd be a bit too generous to get a free skill or something like that at the end of the mode. Especially if it was a weekly thing. But it should definitely be a weekly thing, this is probably the funnest I've had playing the game in a while and I love playing with my Matthew.

As for my run, Boey and Alm would typically be the last men standing but Mae was the nuke of the team as Celica was struggling to kill things. Everyone got their Prfs pretty early but after Alm got reposition in like the 2nd/3rd stage no one would get any positioning skills aside from Smite so that sucked. I rarely got good C skills either. Best thing I could get was spurs or inf.hexblade which only Alm benefits from. Boey got Blue Flame early which was great, Mae got ATK/SPD Push 4 and Celica got ATK/SPD Form which made things easy early on but the game was really stingy with B skills. The best things I could get was Chill ATK for Celica, Lull SPD/DEF for Mae and WoM for Alm. Seals always sucked and when they didn't I had to decide between that or a skill I needed.

All in all the game was really fickle with the skills but it was still crazy fun and it made me want to build a Boey.

My biggest complaint is that I'd want there to be a boss at the end. Maybe give us a sneak peek of it ahead of time so we can build something to defeat it.

The last level was easier than two levels down due to unit luck.

Today's report is pretty simple. 2 losses in chamber 20, followed by a victory in which Celica got Infantry Breath 3 for her C skill.

I cleared Chamber 20 yesterday, and to be brief this mode is fantastic. Other people have already said this, but the ability to build your units with rare skills so freely is refreshing, especially since I choose not to use 5*s for SI. Stamina could stand to be a little more abundant, but I can see this becoming extremely fun with a regular rotation of teams. My skill options ended up being less than ideal, especially positioning skills, but I still got some pretty awesome stuff.

1. L!Alm+1: Dracofalchion, Reposition, Galeforce, Atk/Spd Form 3, Infantry Pulse 3, Atk/Def Bond 3 seal
  2. Celica+2: Ragnarok (unique), Smite, Growing Flame, Mirror Impact, Special Spiral 3, Threaten Atk/Spd 3, Atk/Spd Bond 3 seal
  3. Mae+1: Book of Orchids (unique), Ruptured Sky, Bonus Doubler 3, Sabotage Atk 3, Def Smoke 3, Spd Ploy 3 seal
  4. Boey+1: Inscribed Tome (unique), Def/Res Solo 3, Guard 3, Drive Atk 2 seal

Finished Chamber 20 - lucked out and got a map that had only 3 enemy units (Hector, Felicia, Nanna). Celica easily made short work of Hector and Nanna with Boey acting in as Reposition bot while Alm OHKO'd Felicia.

Finished Chamber 20 yesterday but forgot to post on the final stats, though not too much changed~

On 10/13/2019 at 7:56 PM, Landmaster said:

Yesterday's stats

Reveal hidden contents

Now at Chamber 17. Spent one torch grinding.

Alm: Lv 38+1. Heart's Blade (Spd), Swap, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Spd Smoke

Celica: Lv 39+1. Rauorfox (Atk), Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Death Blow 4, Null Follow-Up Threaten Atk/Spd

Mae: Lv 40+1. Book of Orchids (Eff), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact

Boey and Mae hit 40! Just need to get Alm and Celica up tomorrow and then I'll just need to focus on filling up these Skill Slots. Mae is really lagging behind with Skills.

Chamber 19, two to go~

Alm: Lv 40+1. Dracofalchion, Swap, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Chill Res, Spd Smoke

Celica: Lv 40+1. Rauorfox (Atk), Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Death Blow 4, Null Follow-Up Threaten Atk/Spd

Mae: Lv 40+1. Book of Orchids (Eff), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Def/Res Link

Alm: Lv 40+2. Dracofalchion, Swap, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Chill Res, Spd Smoke

Celica: Lv 40+3. Rauorfox (Atk), Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Death Blow 4, Null Follow-Up Threaten Atk/Spd

Mae: Lv 40+1. Book of Orchids (Eff), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Def/Res Link, Distant Guard

Boey: Lv 40+2. Inscribed Tome (Eff), Ignis, Distant Def 4, Quick Riposte, Hone Spd 4

We've reached the point where I'm not getting very good Seal slot options so I'm just opting for merges at this point~

Edited by Landmaster

Took it easy, with two recharges permanently kept up my sleeve for no good raisin. Final team:

Alm +1, Dracofalchion, Rally Spd/Def+, no Special, Scendscale, no B-skill, Hone Atk 4, no Seal

Celica +2, Ragnarok [special], Reposition, Blue Flame, Fury 4, Mystic Boost 3, Spur Atk/Spd 2, Atk+3

Mae +1, Book of Orchids [special], no Assist, no Special, Atk/Def Push 3, Sudden Panic 3, Threaten Atk/Spd 3, no Seal

Boey +1, Inscribed Tome [special], Draw Back, Moonbow, Mirror Impact, Chill Res 3, Hone Atk 4, no Seal

Huh, that's a lot of empty slots still. It's a good mode, I like that I have no incentive to continue grinding it once I'm done, so I won't.

I finally got Inscribed Tome for Boey.and I think he has ruptured sky
I just need good ASkills for everyone now. (lol the one haha. I wanted Boey to level up, and the one last unit was Palla, so i kept pinging her w/Boey and Mystic Boost kept coming in. it was great). 

BE!Alm 40+2
Brave Sword
(No Assist)
(No Special)
Scendscale
(No B)
(No C)
(No Sacred Seal)
The skill selection I got from him sucks. I swapped out Dragonfalchion for Brave Sword.

Celica 40+7
Ragnarok
Reposition
Growing Wind
Brazen Atk/Spd 
(No B)
Hone Spd
Brazen Atk/Spd
Triple Brazen Princess is missing Desperation.

Mae 40
Book of Orchids
(No Assist)
Blazing Wind
(No B)
(No C)
(No Sacred Seal)
Just missing Reposition and Desperation.

Boey 40+6
Inscribed Tome
Swap
Aether
Fort. Def/Res
Special Spiral
Atk/Res Oath
(No Sacre Seal)
He is the most complete out of all my units. I got Inscribed Tome pretty early, so he racked up a lot of first kills.

Edited by XRay

Completed all the Chambers with a build of:

• b Alm+5: Dracofalchion, Rally Up Atk+, Ruptured Sky, Scendscale, Renewal, Spur Spd/Res, and Flashing Blade 3
  • Celica +3: Ragnarok (ref), Rally Up Res+, Blazing Light, Death Blow 4, Watersweep, Drive Def, and Attack/Def
  • Mae +3: Book of Orchids (ref), Rally Atk/spd, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 3, Chill Atk 3, Atk Opening, and Atk/spd 2
  • Boey +2: Inscribed Tome (ref), Rally Spd/Def+, Lgnis, Fury 4, Guard, and Pulse Smoke

Brave Alm was my best unit followed by Mae, Celica, and Boey. I blame the skill pool for the lackluster performance. I wish to see this mode return again. 

The last day of the mode is here. I enjoyed it quite a bit so I played it even after the rewards had depleted.

The final builds for my units were: 

All units had their special weapons.

Alm: +2, Reposition, Ignis, Swift Sparrow 3, Special Spiral, Hone Speed 4, Chill Attack seal.

Celica: +7, Draw Back, Glimmer, Bonus Doubler, Special Spiral, Threat. Atk/Spd 3, Fortify Def seal.

Mae: +3, Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Brazen Atk/Def, Wings of Mercy, Time's Pulse, Darting Blow seal.

Boey: +1 Rally Atk/Spd+, Blue Flame, Sturdy Impact, Special Spiral, Close Guard, Quick Riposte seal.

Edited by Thane

My final forms: 

Spoiler

PorRsdz.png

bJZuZ3i.png

HGaX3QQ.png

RMs16oh.png

Didn't waste many merges with switching skills, but 4 times +10 wasn't possible anyway (with full skill sets). Many skills aren't useful for this mode, because 3-5 units are killed fast without ever using Special Spiral or Desperation for example. 

Not super happy with my final forms. I couldn't seem to get a decent seal option for Boey or Mae. Mae kept getting boost skills and Boey kept getting ploys as options. Why couldn't they have traded?

Never got offered desperation for Celica either.

Spoiler

NR9UNJ9.pngvMdW6ZN.pnggwqs9hY.pngBb0ENV0.png

The lack of positionals is really annoying. But Alm was the only one offered any. At first he had swap, then he swapped that for repo. At least I ended up with one person with it I guess.

Anyways despite missing a couple of days I quite enjoyed this.

Edited by Usana

My final builds. Note that I won't list their Levels or merges, as I made them all Level 40 +6.

Alm
Weapon: Dracofalchion
Assist: Reposition
Special: Noontime
A Passive: Fortress Def/Res 3
B Passive: Dull Close 3
C Passive: Spd Opening 3
Sacred Seal: Steady Stance 3
Idea behind the build: Turn him into an anti-physical melee tank, being more effective than Boey at melee range at the cost of low effectiveness against ranged and magic foes. Dull Close does turn him into an effective dragon-slayer, though.

Celica
Weapon: Raudrfox+ (+Atk)
Assist: Rally Up Res+
Special: Ruptured Sky
A Passive: Flashing Blade 4
B Passive: Chill Atk 3
C Passive: Pulse Smoke 3
Sacred Seal: Spur Atk/Spd 2
Idea behind the build: Offensive Support build. Raudrfox and Chill Atk guarantee that the target(s) of the latter will have Atk-11 during combat. Flashing Blade guarantees that she will proc Ruptured Sky every other attack if her foe has 35 or less Spd (with Raudrfox lowering the foe's stats by 4 during combat, this is effectively 39 or lower); this turns her into an effective anti-dragon and anti-beast unit. Pulse Smoke gives her allies some anti-Special coverage even if she doesn't finish her foes off.

Mae
Weapon: Book of Orchids (+Eff)
Assist: Rally Up Atk+
Special: Moonbow
A Passive: Swift Sparrow 3
B Passive: Atk/Spd Ruse 3
C Passive: Infantry Breath 3
Sacred Seal: Even Res Wave 3
Idea behind the build: Another Offensive Support build, but built more heavily on maximizing both her own and her allies' Atk/Spd (while also giving some Res help during Even turns, which the team needs). With two units on the team having movement-based Assists, and herself and Celica using Rally Assists, she can activate the Link and Ruse skills with ease. Swift Sparrow 3 helps maximize her own Spd during the Player Phase, and Infantry Breath gives Alm and Boey some Special charge during the Enemy Phase.

Boey
Weapon: Inscribed Tome (+Eff)
Assist: Smite
Special: Blazing Flame
A Passive: Atk/Def Solo 3
B Passive: Sudden Panic 3
C Passive: Time's Pulse 3
Sacred Seal: Close Def 3
Idea behind the build: Physical Tank, less specialized than Alm. Can combat Bows that would devastate the mages and get free hits on Alm. The only mistake is the Special, as I was hoping to go for Bonfire instead. Sudden Panic at least drive off buffers, and Time's Pulse is pretty much Quickened Pulse for him here.

In the end, I definitely agree that this mode needs higher daily stamina. I was left unsatisfied because I was unable to get full +10 builds on the Formas despite logging in every day and only having like 3 or so total losses. You're essentially forced to choose between full builds or full merges, and that's kind of a turn-off in a mode that's supposed to reward imagination.
I think the game mode has a huge potential to bring more enjoyment to the playerbase, and this is only the first time it's been put up, but right now it's unsatisfactory. It doesn't give me that spark of "I did this, this is what made happen!"
There's also the difficulty of the maps. Unless you went and steamrolled solo with Alm, you're forced around halfway through to repeat maps. Even at level 40 with multiple merges, the later maps are pretty much guaranteed to kill at least 1 of your units. And no, I don't mean the kind of kill that you can outplay, I mean the kind of kill where you have to sacrifice a unit because none of your units has the offensive potential to take on your enemy. This could just be the fact that I prioritized Fortress Def/Res 3 over Scendscale, but we shouldn't have to bandwagon on the Neckbeard Meta Train to get completion rewards in what's supposed to be a fun game mode that rewards imagination.

Here is my team.

BE!Alm 40+5
Brave Sword
(No Assist)
Moonbow
Scendscale
Sudden Panic
Time's Pulse
(No Sacred Seal)

Celica 40+10
Ragnarok
Reposition
Moonbow
Brazen Atk/Spd
Bowbreaker
Hone Spd
Brazen Atk/Spd

Mae 40+1
Book of Orchids
Reposition
Blazing Wind
Brazen Atk/Spd
Desperation
Hone Spd
(No Assist)

Boey 40+8
Inscribed Tome
Swap
Aether
Fortress Def/Res
Special Spiral
Atk/Res Oath
Quickened Pulse

• 1 month later...

Spent more time grinding than I did last HoF because Marth got pretty left behind, so I'm not as far ahead as I could be~ Finished with Chamber 13~

Marth: Lv 33. Wo Gun (Def), Reposition, Atk/Spd Push 4, Escape Route, Odd Speed Wave

Caeda: Lv 34. Thoron, Rally Atk/Def+, Sturdy Impact, Pulse Smoke 

Draug: Lv 34. Geishun (Atk), Pivot, Mirror Stance 2, Vengeful Fighter, Joint Hone Atk, Close Def

Merric: Lv 32. Rexalibur, Swap, Flashing Blade 4, Null Follow-Up, Atk Smoke.

I went for NFU over Merric's PRF, but once it comes back around, it's over for everyone.

Finished up to and including Chamber 15.

Generally harder HoF compared to the previous one. Only Merric has a Prf and all 4 units have mediocre-at-best base Atk stats on top of fairly shaky defensive stats. Also having fairly bad luck with stat rolls. Also find that Draug is largely dead weight and can only land finishing blows at best and is a sac unit at worst since his poor mobility makes it hard for him to land the first kill on the map.

Caeda (lv. 36+4): 37/42/36/19/33; Atk Vessel of Cheer+, Swap, Steady Stance 3 seal
Merric (lv. 35+3): 44/38/29/26/18; eff. Dark Excalibur, Harsh Command+, Blue Flame, Atk/Spd Bond 4, Mystic Boost 3, Joint Hone Atk, Chill Spd 3
Marth (lv. 32): 35/41/31/24/16; Silver Axe+, Reposition, Atk/Res Bond 4, Hone Spd 4
Draug (lv. 26): 40/38/24/31/12; Silver Sword+

Currently up through Chamber 17. Depending on how Chamber 18 looks at reset, I'll probably have to spend some time grinding in the lower chambers, because my Forma builds are just a liiiiiittle bit lopsided. I suppose that prioritizing advancing through the Chambers over ensuring my units are all well built inevitably leads to a bit of snowballing. As to who was doing the snowballing...is that even a question?

Marth (Lv. 33): Slaying Axe+ (Res), Atk/Spd Ruse 3
Caeda (Lv. 40+7): Blárblade+, Growing Flame, Atk/Res Push 4, Null C-Disrupt 3, Atk Tactic 3, Brazen Atk/Def 3
Draug (Lv. 19): Silver Sword+, Galeforce
Merric (Lv. 32): Excalibur (Eff), Rally Spd/Res+, Warding Stance 4, Drive Atk 2

I figured that since the game was being pretty Rally-happy, I'd just pick up the Ruse for Marth while it was there, and give him a Rally later. He proceeded to not get any more first kills.

Caeda was running Blue Egg+ (Def) before Blárblade+ came up, which had pretty neat interactions with Atk/Res Push. The game refused to give her more useful B Passives and Specials.

Overall, I'm very surprised that I managed to make it as far as I did. Good luck on the enemy and map RNG, I guess.

I think IS fucked with the "random" generator on this one. My Draug, for example, was only being given a choice between Spd-boosting, Res-boosting, or Def/Res-boosting skills, as well as Specials like Escutcheon that did jack shit for someone who, as a +10 unit, would only go up to a maximum of 22 Res. Like...fuck off with that, will ya? Anyhow here's my current lineup. I died once and had to re-roll Merric's C due to a stupid decision (giving him Inf. Hexblade before realizing none of his allies would benefit from it), but other than that I had a pretty good run.

Bridal!Marth Level 34
Weapon: Slaying Axe+ (+Atk)
Assist: Rally Atk/Def+
HOPEFUL SPECIAL: Ruptured Sky
A Passive: Atk/Spd Push 4
B Passive: Chill Atk 3
C Passive: Def Opening 3
HOPEFUL SACRED SEAL: Chill Def 3
Hopeful Role when maxed: Offensive Pocket Support for Draug

Bridal!Caeda Level 35+3
Weapon: Thoron+ (HOPEFUL UPGRADE: Blue Gift+ (+Res))
HOPEFUL ASSIST: Rally Spd/Res+
Special: Blazing Wind
HOPEFUL A PASSIVE: Mirror Impact
HOPEFUL B PASSIVE: Res Feint 3
C Passive: Drive Def 2
HOPEFUL SACRED SEAL: Drive Def 2
Hopeful Role when maxed: Anti-Mage Nuke + Drive Def Support

Draug Level 30+4
Weapon: Silver Sword+ (HOPEFUL UPGRADE: Bellringer+ (+Def)
HOPEFUL ASSIST: Swap
HOPEFUL SPECIAL: Noontime
HOPEFUL A PASSIVE: Atk/Def Solo 3
HOPEFUL B PASSIVE: Special Fighter 3
HOPEFUL C PASSIVE: Even Atk Wave 3
HOPEFUL SACRED SEAL: Armored Boots
Hopeful Role when maxed: Physical Melee Tank + Sustain Tank

Merric 31+2
Weapon: Dark Excalibur (+Eff)
HOPEFUL ASSIST: Reposition
HOPEFUL SPECIAL: Blazing Wind
HOPEFUL A PASSIVE: Flashing Blade 4
HOPEFUL B PASSIVE: Special Spiral 3
C Passive: Even Spd Wave 3
Sacred Seal: Chill Spd 3
Hopeful Role when maxed: AoE Spammer + Spd Support

My experience this time around:
I decided to try prioritizing merges this time around, and only inherited weapons and such when I felt they wouldn't change out for another. I've gotta say...it's better this way. The extra stats help in the long run...I actually managed to prevent a loss because the merges I gave Draug let him tank and kill 3 enemies that had killed the rest of his allies in a single turn. He went from having a worrisome level compared to the others, to tying for highest level with Caeda (at least for a time). Of course, I followed the one major rule of Fire Emblem and didn't pay too much attention to Draug above the rest (if you're wondering the rule, it's "armored units fall off fast, they're great for early game but suicide for late game").
I am pretty disappointed with the skill generator this time around. Every one of my units except for Marth received gods-awful selections — which didn't bother me too much as I decided to prioritize merging regardless — but this is a worrisome pattern that IS is starting to set for later incarnations of this and similar game modes (current and eventual). It really felt like the RNG was tipped largely in the favor of the "MC" unit, instead of all of the units equally. A random generator that's biased for and against certain variables isn't random at all, and I'd just be kidding myself to treat it like it's random.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

I forgot since last time, do they refill your stamina torches? Or do I have to rely on what I earn in specific rooms? Or do they just give you the 3 refills at the beginning of each day like they do with dueling crests? I might have to do a little grinding, but I don't want to run out of stamina too soon

This is what my team is looking like after a day. I tried really hard not to "waste" any skills, so once a skill slot was filled it was never replaced.

>Groom Marth Lv35 +1.
Brave Axe+, Reposition, Atk/Spd Solo, Lull Spd/Def, Drive Atk.
Once he got a Brave Axe, very few things were able to survive long.

>Bride Caeda Lv37 +1.
Spooky Censer +Res, Rally Atk/Def+, Dull Ranged, Joint Hone Spd, Chill Spd
Getting that Spooky Censer really fixed the issue of Caeda not really having all that high a stat line...

>Draug Lv34 +1
Heart's Blade +Def, Reciprocal Aid, Joint Hone Def
Yeah Draugh has had a real hard time getting the first kill on any of my runs...

>Merric Lv33 +1
Rexcalibur, Swift Sparrow 3, Close Guard, Chill Def
Merric... has had a rough time overall... there really aren't that many Green tomes I'd want to give him...

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

I forgot since last time, do they refill your stamina torches? Or do I have to rely on what I earn in specific rooms? Or do they just give you the 3 refills at the beginning of each day like they do with dueling crests? I might have to do a little grinding, but I don't want to run out of stamina too soon

You get 3 Stamina each day, and have limited access to Torches that you can receive from the Chamber rewards. Once they're gone, they're gone.