Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a 1.5 man show (Merric and a bit Caeda) I could beat the game. 

As much as I hate Merric in this game, he was godlike with swift sparrow 3, special spiral, odd attack wave and rising thunder (=Ophelia build) .

Draug and Marth were basically only bait. They have done like nothing, ended at ~ level 25. 

In general it kinda sucks that only the MVP got a bonus after the map, so there was no chance to buff either Marth or Draug. It would be better, if the buff would be passed around to all characters after each map. 

Edited by Zemuria

Finally finished~ Lord, I kept getting screwed with the last map~ 

Final stat:

Marth: Lv 40+1. Wo Gun (Def), Reposition, Ignis, Atk/Spd Push 4, Escape Route, Odd Speed Wave, Heavy Blade

Caeda: Lv 40+1. Blue Gift (Atk), Rally Atk/Def+, Sturdy Impact, Spd/Res Ruse, Pulse Smoke, Darting Stance

Draug: Lv 40+2. Geishun (Atk), Pivot, Mirror Stance 2, Vengeful Fighter, Joint Hone Atk, Close Def

Merric: Lv 40+2. Dark Excalibur (Eff), Swap, Glimmer, Flashing Blade 4, Null Follow-Up, Atk Smoke

Draug still missing a Special and Merric with no Seal irks me so I'll be trying to get them something before this thing ends

Caeda Marth and Merric were all great

Draug was kinda eh but I gave Repo to Marth so I can catapult him into the enemy and let him go crazy. My Draug had Blue Flame Def refine Wo Dao and nothing in his A slot until level 35 because they didnt give him anything that went well with wary fighter LOL

I did get my hands on threaten atk/spd 3 for him though. And that was an amazing interaction that pretty much worked every time ~ 

After I beat the final chamber I went back and gave everyone a merge and tried to complete their sets with good-ish skills. Marths set was the most suckish but he still held water.

Atk/Res Oath Blarblade Caeda was definitely the dumbest thing ever

Marth:

Spoiler

Op4bNld.jpg

Caeda:

Spoiler

VM5v5VE.jpg

Draug:

Spoiler

bzyI97J.jpg

Merric:

Spoiler

y7LA6E6.jpg

Wings of MRSA did nothing for Merric LOL It's there to fill the space 

Marths set is probably the most random but because his speed is so high from the refine he was great as mixed phase 

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i don't know who sucks more Merric or Draug. 

Merric is MLG 👀

You must not have been doing it right... Draug is just sluggish but even he is useful

This game mode isnt even hard or painful anyway

16 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i don't know who sucks more Merric or Draug. 
(Merric because despite Draugs 2 res he still tanks hits better than Merric)

Merric can be decent with Gronnblade. If you are using his regular tome, he is basically a green archer and he can be okay with Close Counter.

As for Draug, you kind of need Reposition on his allies or give him Armor Boots to move him forward. Smite works too if Reposition is not showing up.

Just now, XRay said:

Merric can be decent with Gronnblade. If you are using his regular tome, he is basically a green archer and he can be okay with Close Counter.

As for Draug, you kind of need Reposition on his allies or give him Armor Boots to move him forward. Smite works too if Reposition is not showing up.

they aren't getting anything though. i get it's random but no CC, no DC no repo skills for them. 

I got Merric his refined Excalibur since I figure effectiveness will push his damage high enough on the right targets. He took on F!Morgan on enemy phase, blue fliers gotta be his best matchup, right? He didn't even come close to the one shot. I've also been leveling Draug more than other units since I figure his stats will be his only saving grace.

Yeah this mode becomes much trickier when they go out of their way to pick outdated units who lack prfs. But having units like this no doubt increases the build variety. So I don't know which I prefer.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I got Merric his refined Excalibur since I figure effectiveness will push his damage high enough on the right targets. He took on F!Morgan on enemy phase, blue fliers gotta be his best matchup, right? He didn't even come close to the one shot. I've also been leveling Draug more than other units since I figure his stats will be his only saving grace.

Yeah this mode becomes much trickier when they go out of their way to pick outdated units who lack prfs. But having units like this no doubt increases the build variety. So I don't know which I prefer.

i like it. It was just tough. i barely got anything helpful. 
Caeda got Spooky Sensor +Res right off the bat, Ruptured sky, then Time's Pulse, then Fotress Def/Res (so her res is sky high) everyone else has the same skill. (because it's the only one that showed up: hone atk 4.

marth got fury 4 and i just change his stuff around but he's good. Merrric and Draug i just didn't get anything decent for them. but now that i am like two rows away from tier 20 i'm fine. lol i legit thought i'd never get there.

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

they aren't getting anything though. i get it's random but no CC, no DC no repo skills for them. 

Yeah, that could be tough with the RNG.

I wish they would expand the pool of options to at least 3 or 4 skills per slot.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Yeah, that could be tough with the RNG.

I wish they would expand the pool of options to at least 3 or 4 skills per slot.

yeah so for example. Merric got Dark Excaliber. 
so okay me: let's get him a  cool special or hope he gets special spiral. 

ALL OF HIS SPECIALS were like nothing helpful. at all. B skills. nothing. 
then he got his prf. so that made it a bit easier. 

Draug keeps getting Geishun and Safeguard lol

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

yeah so for example. Merric got Dark Excaliber. 
so okay me: let's get him a  cool special or hope he gets special spiral. 

ALL OF HIS SPECIALS were like nothing helpful. at all. B skills. nothing. 
then he got his prf. so that made it a bit easier. 

Draug keeps getting Geishun and Safeguard lol

I went with Geishun cause I could not find Barrier Blade. At least the Geishun I got had Res Refinement.

RNG was finally kind enough to give me a map that was actually possible to beat. Flying Nino almost ruined things, but it worked out in the end. Still wish there were more restrictions on what units can appear so I won't have to face monsters like F!Tiki with such a clown brigade again. That's basically an auto-lose.

My Draug was disgustingly good, even without having a special until after I'd already beaten Chamber 20.

• +Spd Heart's Blade (the first thing he got)
  • Pivot
  • Moonbow
  • Atk/Spd Bond 4
  • Dull Close 3
  • Joint Hone Spd

Adding Marth's Hagoita, Merric's Joint Hone Def, and Caeda's Hone Atk 4 and Rally Spd/Res+ gave him a maximum boost of +17/18/10/11, which killed pretty much anything in melee. My C-skills really were on point this time around, especially since Caeda and Merric both got Blade tomes. Specials on the other hand were nearly worthless. Aside from Glacies on Caeda it was just a never-ending rain of AoE garbage until after I'd already beaten everything.

All in all, another fun one.

I'm incredibly disappointed. The enemies were so disgustingly overpowered in the later stages compared to my units that I lost at least 5 times total. I'd also missed 2 days, so that's effectively over 10 stamina worth of merges/skills lost.

In the end, Marth was the only one who got a full set, and everyone else got pretty much nothing of real quality. He had Slaying Axe+ (+Atk), Rally Atk/Def+, Galeforce, Atk/Spd Push 4, Chill Atk 3, Def Opening 3, and Brazen Atk/Spd 3. I also merged him up to +5.

Caeda had Blue Gift+ (+Res), Blazing Wind, Drive Def 2, and Deflect Magic 3. She could barely do her job as a mage-killer correctly, even with her high Spd and Res. She ended up being more of a magic tank than a mage killer, because he had no offensive presence whatsoever. She got +4 in merges.

Draug was the worst of the lot in terms of skills. He only got Sandfort Spade+ (+Atk) and Ignis. He always got jack shit in terms of good skill rolls, always getting something to increase his Spd or Res instead of his Atk or Def. At least he had the most merges at +6.

Then there's Merric. He had Dark Excalibur (+Eff), Moonbow, Fort. Def/Res 3, Even Spd Wave 3, and Chill Spd 3. I didn't even get to use Moonbow on him at all, as I obtained it after using the last of my stamina after the new day. And in terms of his usefulness, he honestly sucked without a Special at all. He had +4 in merges.

In terms of their overall performance, they were complete trash. My 4th loss was a complete slaughter, and guess why? Because the enemy Forsyth took literally 0 DAMAGE from 3 OF MY UNITS. He wasn't even adjacent to anyone, and he STILL took absolutely 0 damage from THREE of my units. The only one who actually dealt any damage to him was Marth, and it didn't even matter anyhow because of Sol Lance (so really, all Marth did was charge Forsyth's Special). I mean, you'd think Merric — a Green Mage at Level 40 with multiple merges — would've been able to do anything...but nope. Draug, Caeda, and Merric didn't do shit.

I was only able to finally complete Chamber 20 this morning with sheer dumb luck. I hope we never have to deal with having such shitty units in HoF again. If we do, I don't even care about the rewards...I'll just skip it. I'll treat it as just another Tap Battle. What an utter waste of time and motivation...it actually made me angry to play this round of HoF.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Mi final team has been:

- Groom Marth +2 : Slaying Hammer + (Spd), Reposition, Ignis, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, - , Atk Gap 3, - .

- Bride Caeda +10 : Blàrblade+, Draw Back, Glacies, Atk/Spd Push 4, Mythic Boost, Joint Hone Atk, Sturdy Blow. (If only this was my unit and not a Form... T.T)

- Draug +4 : Armorsmasher + (Spd), Rally Up Res+, - , Fortress Def/Res 4, - , Hone Atk 4, Quick Riposte

- Merric +10 : Dark Excalibur (special), Rally Atk/Spd +, Blue Flame, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Lull Atk/Spd, Time’s Pulse, Even Def Wave (I wish this was real too and not another Form T.T). 

Quite a few losses this time around. I got either impatient or wanted to challenge myself to often disastrous results. I found it hard to use Draug in particular, and neither Merric nor Marth got particularly good skills until much later.

My final team:

Marth: +3, Wo Gùn+Spd, Draw Back, Ruptured Sky, Atk/Spd Bond 4, Lancebreaker, Def Smoke, Chill Attack seal

Caeda: +2, Spooky Censer+Atk, Draw Back, Glimmer, Swift Sparrow 3, Chill Res, Savage Blow, Atk Tactic seal

Draug: +1, Wo Dao+Def, Pivot, Noontime, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Wrath 3, Even Def Wave, Quick Riposte seal

Merric: +4, Dark Excalibur, Reposition, Moonbow, Sturdy Blow, Quick Riposte 3, Time's Pulse 3, Def Tactic seal

I think having a shit team with bad / nonexistent Prfs made this a more interesting batch than the first crew, who slotted very quickly and effectively into their archetypes. That said, I would not be unhappy to never see an armour again...

As this is clearly becoming a recurrent mode that doesn't need its own thread each time, I'm pinning it in the War Room instead.

Unlike last time, I decided to continue playing after completing chamber 20. At the end, the team looked like:

• Marth Lv. 40 +0: Slaying Axe+ (Res), Rally Def/Res+, Ruptured Sky, Swift Sparrow 3, Atk/Spd Ruse 3, Hone Spd 4, Res Tactic 3
  • Caeda Lv. 40 +10: Blarblade+, Reposition, Iceberg, Atk/Spd Solo 3, Null Follow-Up 3, Atk/Res Oath 3, Brazen Atk/Def 3
  • Draug Lv. 40 +0: Slaying Edge+ (Res), Shove, Galeforce, Close Def 3, Atk/Def Link 3, Joint Hone Atk, Spur Def/Res 2
  • Merric Lv. 40 +3: Excalibur (Eff), Rally Atk/Def+, Glimmer, Warding Stance 4, Null C-Disrupt 3, Drive Atk 2, Speed +3

Draug had to go a pretty long way to get to his final spot, the poor guy was still only Lv. 19 after I cleared all the chambers. He never did end up rolling anything worth replacing Galeforce with...