Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

Is it just me, or is it impossible to complete every map in this mode now? I'm finding enemies WAY too powerful at a certain point lately, even for completely built lv. 40 units. Though in this particular case, it also doesn't help that THREE of the units are fliers and nearly every map has at least one archer. Whose bright idea was that?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

Is it just me, or is it impossible to complete every map in this mode now? I'm finding enemies WAY too powerful at a certain point lately, even for completely built lv. 40 units. Though in this particular case, it also doesn't help that THREE of the units are fliers and nearly every map has at least one archer. Whose bright idea was that?

I don't know what you are talking about... I completed all maps a week ago, and my team was not fully built... They didn't have complete skillset, and Ninian was even Lv 32.

The higher chambers are a pain, especially if the RNG hates you and doesn't give your units good skills, but they are completely doable.

Sometimes by the skin of your teeth.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

HOW TO: Deal with the bullshit that is the last few floors.

GENERAL

1. Prioritize Dance/Sing on refreshers.  For everything else, it's Reposition = Draw Back (but make sure to have at least one of each) > Swap/Shove > Smite.  Dual Rally+ skills are okay if there's a -blade user.  The rest are far too situational.

2. A slot will depend on the user's stats.  Tanks can run Stances, while offensive attackers want Push/Blow.  Solo will depend on whether or not the user's stats match the solo skill (Def/Res Solo is wasted on Nino).  CC/DC can work as long as the unit isn't made out of glass.

3. Lulls are the king of B slots IMO.  But not all unit types can run that.  Desperation is great on glassy attackers, QR is perfect for tanks, and Escape Route/Wings of Mercy aren't too bad.  Chills are okay, but you'll want something a little more combat-oriented.  Armor-specific skills are good when they're applicable, as is Special Spiral.  Close Call/Repel are a little trickier, but if you're looking at a fast unit (40+ speed before buffs), it might not be the worst thing to pick up solely for the damage reduction.  Links are okay if you don't mind losing a turn.

4. Buffs will be more potent than Drives.  If you're running -blade, prioritize buffs.  If you're running a bunch of Solo units, go Drives.  Oath/Rouse/Gaps are slightly less useful due to only affecting one person.  Dual Threaten is a pain in the ass to use properly.

5. S slot is the wild card.  Go for synergy with a character's kit first.  My Brave Lyn has Phantom Speed, to ensure that Mulagir's refine goes off as much as possible.

In other words, you'll need to study your team in depth, then take a look at what each skill can do for that character AND how it helps your team.  Here's the highlights of who I have (they just beat up Floor 25):

Lyn - Mulagir (refine), CC, Lull Atk/Def, (some buff), Phantom Speed.  She worked out because Mulagir + Phantom Speed meant that she'd usually get the bonus effect.  Meanwhile, Lull Atk/Def made it so that she'd be just tanky enough to survive whatever came her way.  Thus, she could safely bait things.

Nino - Blade tome, Atk/Spd Push 4.  This allowed her to pump out a hell of a lot of damage, more so than Giga Excalibur.

Ninian - Dance, Hone Spd 4.  Support bot all the way, and part of the reason why Nino was so damn effective.

Fiora - Belliringer, Reposition, Blue Flame, Spd/Def Link, Hone Atk 4.  The other reason why Nino blew everything up.  Bellringer gave her the HP necessary to tank some things, and Blue Flame's +25 damage offset her less-than-stellar offense.

I'm nearly done (just have two more maps) and then i can grind out a better A skill for Fiora. SO mad, when i gave Nino the kill on my first run and she got Sturdy Stance 3 (which is what i wanted for Fiora LOL).  (right now, she has Atk/Def Push 4, which compared with Bellringer and Mystic boost, is a pretty darn good kit). I kept Rally Up Atk+ because I HAVE repo in my barracks

So when i get her she will be +2 and i can slowly build her (like Ashnard and Mininerva) via grails. 🙂

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm nearly done (just have two more maps) and then i can grind out a better A skill for Fiora. SO mad, when i gave Nino the kill on my first run and she got Sturdy Stance 3 (which is what i wanted for Fiora LOL).  (right now, she has Atk/Def Push 4, which compared with Bellringer and Mystic boost, is a pretty darn good kit). I kept Rally Up Atk+ because I HAVE repo in my barracks

So when i get her she will be +2 and i can slowly build her (like Ashnard and Mininerva) via grails. 🙂

If you're lucky enough to get Blade Session on Fiora, keep it.  It's absolutely hilarious when everything goes right.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't know what you are talking about... I completed all maps a week ago, and my team was not fully built... They didn't have complete skillset, and Ninian was even Lv 32.

My team is full level 40 and built, except for Ninian who is lv. 39. She still has a full set sans a seal though.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

The higher chambers are a pain, especially if the RNG hates you and doesn't give your units good skills, but they are completely doable.

Sometimes by the skin of your teeth.

Yeah, I don't think I got many options for good skills, actually.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

HOW TO: Deal with the bullshit that is the last few floors.

GENERAL

1. Prioritize Dance/Sing on refreshers.  For everything else, it's Reposition = Draw Back (but make sure to have at least one of each) > Swap/Shove > Smite.  Dual Rally+ skills are okay if there's a -blade user.  The rest are far too situational.

2. A slot will depend on the user's stats.  Tanks can run Stances, while offensive attackers want Push/Blow.  Solo will depend on whether or not the user's stats match the solo skill (Def/Res Solo is wasted on Nino).  CC/DC can work as long as the unit isn't made out of glass.

3. Lulls are the king of B slots IMO.  But not all unit types can run that.  Desperation is great on glassy attackers, QR is perfect for tanks, and Escape Route/Wings of Mercy aren't too bad.  Chills are okay, but you'll want something a little more combat-oriented.  Armor-specific skills are good when they're applicable, as is Special Spiral.  Close Call/Repel are a little trickier, but if you're looking at a fast unit (40+ speed before buffs), it might not be the worst thing to pick up solely for the damage reduction.  Links are okay if you don't mind losing a turn.

4. Buffs will be more potent than Drives.  If you're running -blade, prioritize buffs.  If you're running a bunch of Solo units, go Drives.  Oath/Rouse/Gaps are slightly less useful due to only affecting one person.  Dual Threaten is a pain in the ass to use properly.

5. S slot is the wild card.  Go for synergy with a character's kit first.  My Brave Lyn has Phantom Speed, to ensure that Mulagir's refine goes off as much as possible.

In other words, you'll need to study your team in depth, then take a look at what each skill can do for that character AND how it helps your team.  Here's the highlights of who I have (they just beat up Floor 25):

Lyn - Mulagir (refine), CC, Lull Atk/Def, (some buff), Phantom Speed.  She worked out because Mulagir + Phantom Speed meant that she'd usually get the bonus effect.  Meanwhile, Lull Atk/Def made it so that she'd be just tanky enough to survive whatever came her way.  Thus, she could safely bait things.

Nino - Blade tome, Atk/Spd Push 4.  This allowed her to pump out a hell of a lot of damage, more so than Giga Excalibur.

Ninian - Dance, Hone Spd 4.  Support bot all the way, and part of the reason why Nino was so damn effective.

Fiora - Belliringer, Reposition, Blue Flame, Spd/Def Link, Hone Atk 4.  The other reason why Nino blew everything up.  Bellringer gave her the HP necessary to tank some things, and Blue Flame's +25 damage offset her less-than-stellar offense.

Yeah, see, several of those skills never came up as choices for me. I must've had shitty luck in the skill department. I did of course prioritize Dance for Ninian, though.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

what is the builds on your Forma units?

Well, there are only a couple days left in this HoF and I've already used up my torches for today, so I doubt I can do much of anything at this point, but here you go anyway.

Lyn - Mulagir (refine), Reposition, Growing Flame, Spd/Res Solo 3, Sacae's Blessing, Joint Hone Spd

Ninian - Shine+, Dance, Growing Light, Blade Session 3, Chill Res 3, Odd Atk Wave 3

Nino - Giga Excalibur (no refine), no assist, Blazing Wind, Heavy Blade 4, Mystic Boost 3, Atk Smoke 3, Flier Guidance 3

Fiora - Armorsmasher +, no assist, Aether, Warding Stance 4, no B skill, Close Guard 3

...I was mistaken when I said all my units were fully built, I really thought they were. But these were the best skills I had to pick from, or at least I thought so.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, there are only a couple days left in this HoF and I've already used up my torches for today, so I doubt I can do much of anything at this point, but here you go anyway.

Lyn - Mulagir (refine), Reposition, Growing Flame, Spd/Res Solo 3, Sacae's Blessing, Joint Hone Spd

Ninian - Shine+, Dance, Growing Light, Blade Session 3, Chill Res 3, Odd Atk Wave 3

Nino - Giga Excalibur (no refine), no assist, Blazing Wind, Heavy Blade 4, Mystic Boost 3, Atk Smoke 3, Flier Guidance 3

Fiora - Armorsmasher +, no assist, Aether, Warding Stance 4, no B skill, Close Guard 3

...I was mistaken when I said all my units were fully built, I really thought they were. But these were the best skills I had to pick from, or at least I thought so.

how many torches do you have left? are you completely out? (I have 5 left for example)
honestly - i would take the next day to grind out skills 
alotof these skills aren't synergetic with the weapons. (have you merged up a lot of your units too?)

50 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

how many torches do you have left? are you completely out? (I have 5 left for example)
honestly - i would take the next day to grind out skills 
alotof these skills aren't synergetic with the weapons. (have you merged up a lot of your units too?)

I said in the post you quoted that they're all gone.

I didn't merge up anybody yet. I focus on skills first if I see one I think is good.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

A few tips and suggestions. Some might be a bit less useful for this instance of the event due to the time remaining, but can at least be helpful for future events:

• Prioritize Reposition as much as possible for non-dancers that can use the skill. Since the Assist slot is rather bloated, Reposition isn't very easy to roll, but it's easily the most useful Assist skill.
    • Note, though, that I personally like having one unit with Rally Atk/Spd+ if possible just to provide the buffs in case you can't get your hands on the C skills for them.
  • Exclusive skills appear to have higher weights to rolling them, so you can often get away with skipping them and getting them later if you roll a powerful skill in a different slot. (But grab Dance/Sing as soon as possible since nothing in another slot is more useful.)
  • Preview each map before you run them and if it looks like you aren't going to win, spend a run on the lowest-level node to get a free skill or merge. This will re-roll all of the maps, and you can see if the next map is more reasonable to clear.
    • In general, don't run maps that you can't win since you won't get a chance to get a new skill or a merge from losing.
  • I'd personally skip Special skills with long cooldowns since units won't be fighting too many rounds of combat, especially if you're splitting up experience evenly. Most of the time, I grab Moonbow, Glimmer, and Ruptured Sky and completely skip everything else.
  • Get at least 1 merge on each unit so that you get the extra 3 points in stats for the first merge.
  • Don't be afraid to let a unit die if it will win you the map. Even if a unit dies, it still keeps all of the experience it gained, and if it made the first kill, you still get to roll new skills for it at the end.
Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

A few tips and suggestions. Some might be a bit less useful for this instance of the event due to the time remaining, but can at least be helpful for future events:

• Prioritize Reposition as much as possible for non-dancers that can use the skill. Since the Assist slot is rather bloated, Reposition isn't very easy to roll, but it's easily the most useful Assist skill.
    • Note, though, that I personally like having one unit with Rally Atk/Spd+ if possible just to provide the buffs in case you can't get your hands on the C skills for them.
  • Exclusive skills appear to have higher weights to rolling them, so you can often get away with skipping them and getting them later if you roll a powerful skill in a different slot.
  • Preview each map before you run them and if it looks like you aren't going to win, spend a run on the lowest-level node to get a free skill or merge. This will re-roll all of the maps, and you can see if the next map is more reasonable to clear.
    • In general, don't run maps that you can't win since you won't get a chance to get a new skill or a merge from losing.
  • I'd personally skip Special skills with long cooldowns since units won't be fighting too many rounds of combat, especially if you're splitting up experience evenly. Most of the time, I grab Moonbow, Glimmer, and Ruptured Sky and completely skip everything else.
  • Get at least 1 merge on each unit so that you get the extra 3 points in stats for the first merge.
  • Don't be afraid to let a unit die if it will win you the map. Even if a unit dies, it still keeps all of the experience it gained, and if it made the first kill, you still get to roll new skills for it at the end.

I'd love to use these skills, but way more often than not, my choices are only rallies and area-of-effect skills when it comes to assists and specials. This always annoys me. Otherwise, yeah, I do choose the ones you're recommending.

And I am already aware of that last point, yes.

Edited by Anacybele

I finished on the third of fourth day. I lost on room 22 when I went in without checking and found myself up against Nagi. 

Yeah, Lyn and the scrubs didn’t like her. Stupid Nagi.

19-CAC85-A-0-D08-4-F3-C-A32-D-2-EB1408-B
AAE0-D0-D8-6-BE8-430-F-88-AD-DD650-EB891
BFF5-FCF9-D300-44-CF-ABFC-D049-A19-A0-F4
8-F993-F54-4632-439-E-B3-BD-64-E45-A661-

As always, merges are king.

Edited by Vicious Sal

I rather like Hall of Forms, but to keep it as similar as I can to my style of play I always avoid using merge (can't really avoid the SI like feel of the skills you get without looking up base kits, which is just enough extra effort that I don't bother) Made it to end each time so far, here's this round's team

ACtC-3eQJOokCq0T4wRN_MUU_FM7xF3-gIwd5lGUACtC-3eSlC2RIinEa-zj5DzFyfMrrNSBiqSajIJYACtC-3fQN7HQYJOpqs6asNT9e0ktsA4fAc6doEjEACtC-3cXT1XnBeKh-BtDH3yjZDY20Pd--lLazw-z

• 3 weeks later...

Not a bad first day, skills could be better but they're decent so far~

Eirika: Lv 33. Flash (Wrathful), Restore+, Heavenly Light, Close Foil

Ephraim: Lv 34. Berkut's Lance (Def), Swap, Glimmer, Distant Foil

Tana: Lv 33. Fruit of Iðunn, Glimmer, Mirror Impact, Aerobatics, Drive Spd

Innes: Lv 33. Firesweep Axe, Rally Atk/Def+, Growing Flame, Atk/Def Bond, Even Atk Wave

Firesweep is what I wanted for Innes, so we're likely sticking with that. I was originally using Toasty Skewer on Eirika but I think Flash will be much more useful, so I'm looking to keep that one. Tana's got her Prf so the twins can move around a bit more easily but I hope I can get Armor March on Eirika and Armored Stride on Ephraim~

This one's going much better for me than the last one did! Though I also believe I'm playing a bit smarter this time too, honestly. lol

I've got this so far.

Eirika: lv. 32 - Witchy Wand (Wrathful), Physic+, Earthwater Balm+, Chill Atk/Res 2

Ephraim: lv. 36 - Tannenboom!+ (Def), Draw Back, Ignis, Swift Sparrow 3 (I know, not the best choice for him, but it's the best I could get right now)

Tana: lv. 36 - Raudrblade+ (no refine), Growing Wind, Dull Ranged 3, Atk/Spd Oath 3

Innes: lv. 40+1 - Ardent Service+ (Atk), Shove, Blue Flame, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Def/Res Link 3, Odd Def Wave 3

Innes the MVP! I'd actually like to use a forma soul to get him when this is done. I've never had Summer Innes before and he's so good for me right now!

Edited by Anacybele

Stopped in Chamber 17 today.

• Eirika is Lv 35, with Candlelight+ with Wrathful refinement, Restore+, Windfire Balm+ and Spd/Res Gap 3.
  • Ephraim is Lv 39+4, and has DEF Casa Blanca+, Rally Up Atk+, Ruptured Sky, Distant Counter, Special Spiral, Joint Hone Def and Atk/Def Bond seal.
  • Tana is Lv 31 and has Fruit od Idunn and Rally Atk/Res+
  • Innes is Lv 36 and has DEF Hack-o'-Lantern+, Steady Impact 4 and Joint Drive Atk. (I know about Guard on both axe and stance. I am planning to change the axe later... if I bother to do it)

Ephraim is the best one here, since I am inverting on him so hard. I still need to get a better lance and a fighter skill for B slot. Special Fighter or Odd Follow-Up.

This is by far the funniest and easiest HoF for me yet... maybe it’s because I like the character, or maybe it’s because Winter Ephraim is such a tank, and having a non-squishy healer is amazing. I don’t even mind the armor!

All units are in their 30s. Ephraim has glimmer and his PRF, which means 1 charge cooldown! That’s all he needs lol. 

Tana’s PRF is AMAZING. The conditional guidance is such a help!! It allows her to pick at someone, and if she doesn’t finish them off, Innes or Ephraim can step right in and finish the job. 

Innes needs a better weapon, he has Hagoita +Def right now, but he is speedy and bulky enough to do well.

Winter Eirika is beautiful, she has physic and gravity wrathful, which allows her to be great offensively and supportively.

I’m lacking in the skill department for all of them though... I want some Tier 4 stuff, but I’ve not had the best luck. I get bond skills for Tana, but that’s it.

I have a hard choice who to pick of this run because I have none of them. Originally I wanted Eirikia because she would be a complete new unit type to me, but so far Ephraim has been the star of this run. With his preference weapon and attack he hits like a truck and can also tank quite a bit. I would like to get deathblow 4 and galeforce (if it exists in this mode) for him.

Edited by Falcom Knight

So far I'm doing ok.

Lvl 37 Eirika - Panic+ (Wrathful), Recover+, Fireflood Balm+, Def/Res Bond 3, Dazzling Staff 3, Joint Hone Atk, Drive Atk 2 (I like how her healing skill gets her a lot of experience.)

Lvl 40+2 Ephraim - Silver Lance+, Heavy Blade 4, Bold Fighter 3, Threat. Atk/Def 3, Chill Atk 3 (Very good tank and strong fighter, but I just have not been able to find a good weapon, assist or special for him.)

Lvl 40+1 Tana - Fruit of Idunn, Death Blow 3 (Sacred Seal) (As you can see I really haven't prioritized giving her skills yet, since I have mostly been focusing on others, but her weapon is great for ferrying around Ephraim and Eirika.)

Lvl 39+1 Innes - Rearguard+ (+Spd), Rally Spd/Def+, Aether, Quick Riposte 3, Close Guard 3 (All around decent unit, though he could definitely be better.)

Time for the grind, probably will grind up to 40 before continuing~ Only did 2 Chambers today, stopped at 15~

Eirika: Lv 34. Flash (Wrathful), Restore+, Heavenly Light, Close Foil

Ephraim: Lv 39. Berkut's Lance (Res), Swap, Glimmer, Distant Foil, Deflect Magic 3

Tana: Lv 35. Fruit of Iðunn, Glimmer, Mirror Impact, Aerobatics, Drive Res, Drive Spd

Innes: Lv 36. Firesweep Axe, Rally Atk/Def+, Growing Flame, Atk/Def Bond, Even Atk Wave

I'm currently at chamber 17 and had to stop there. I couldn't clear it. but my whole party save for Eirika is nearly lv. 40. Ephraim is lv. 38 and Tana is lv. 39. So they're nearly on par with Innes now who is still my MVP.

Eirika Lv 39 - Dazzling Gravity, Physic+, Earthfire Balm+

Ephraim Lv 40 - Festive Siegmund, Glimmer, Odd Followup 3, Even Atk Wave 3, AtkDef Bond 3

Tana Lv 40 - Fruit of Idunn, Rally Up Atk+, Glimmer, Steady Stance 4, Mystic Boost 3, Close Guard 3

Innes Lv 39 - Faithful Axe+ (def), Smite, Aether, Heavy Blade 4, Wings of Mercy 3, DefRes Bond 3