Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Until I get him DC it'll possibly save him from being one rounded from a mage

Oh, ok. The thing is that I confused "Distant Foil" with "Distant Ward".

I was like: "Why Landy needs Deflecy Magic? Her Ephraim can counter mages. It will never work. Does Reinhardt appears as foe that frequently?" lol

On 6/26/2020 at 6:16 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, ok. The thing is that I confused "Distant Foil" with "Distant Ward".

I was like: "Why Landy needs Deflecy Magic? Her Ephraim can counter mages. It will never work. Does Reinhardt appears as foe that frequently?" lol

Oooh yeah, ideally I might change it with Distant Ward if DC doesn't show up first since he doesn't really need the Def as much as the Res~

~~~

Not the best day for Skills

Eirika: Lv 37. Flash (Wrathful), Restore+, Heavenly Light, Close Foil, Mystic Boost

Ephraim: Lv 40. Berkut's Lance (Res), Swap, Glimmer, Distant Foil, Quick Riposte, Deflect Magic 3

Tana: Lv 37. Fruit of Iðunn, Glimmer, Mirror Impact, Aerobatics, Drive Res, Drive Spd

Innes: Lv 39. Firesweep Axe, Rally Atk/Def+, Growing Flame, Atk/Def Bond, Even Atk Wave, Atk Smoke

~~~

Almost at Lv 40 across the board now, still not all that good with the Skills, but as soon as we finish these chambers, we can focus on that~

Eirika: Lv 38. Flash (Wrathful), Restore+, Heavenly Light, Close Foil, Mystic Boost

Ephraim: Lv 40. Berkut's Lance (Res), Swap, Glimmer, Distant Foil, Quick Riposte, Atk Smoke, Deflect Magic 3

Tana: Lv 40. Fruit of Iðunn, Ardent Sacrifice, Glimmer, Mirror Impact, Aerobatics, Drive Res, Drive Spd

Innes: Lv 40. Firesweep Axe, Rally Atk/Def+, Growing Flame, Atk/Def Bond, Def/Res Link, Even Atk Wave, Atk Smoke

~~~

Eirika: Lv 40. Flash (Wrathful), Restore+, Heavenly Light, Close Foil, Mystic Boost

Ephraim: Lv 40+1. Berkut's Lance (Res), Swap, Glimmer, Distant Foil, Quick Riposte, Atk Smoke, Deflect Magic 3

Tana: Lv 40. Fruit of Iðunn, Rally Atk/Spd+, Glimmer, Mirror Impact, Aerobatics, Drive Res, Drive Spd

Innes: Lv 40+1. Firesweep Axe, Rally Atk/Def+, Growing Flame, Atk/Def Bond, Def/Res Link, Even Atk Wave, Atk Smoke

Edited by Landmaster

My team had all reached level 40. Also I swear the RNG for skills hates me or something.

Eirika: Kumade+ w/ wrathful refine, recover+, windfire balm+, atk/res push 4, odd follow-up 3, and fortify res 4
Ephraim: Festive Siegmund, swap, ruptured sky, distant ward, wings of mercy 3, armored stride, armored boots
Tana: Fruit of Idunn, swap, ruptured sky, atk/def form, chill speed, distant guard, spd/res bond
Innes: shoreline rake+ w/ atk refine, draw back, blue flame, sturdy impact, mystic boost, spd opening, even atk wave

I think the RNG hates Tana or something. Also, wings of mercy was literally the best B-skill I could roll for Ephraim, and I think odd-follow up 3 was the only good armor skill for Eirika I got. Have not seen fucking armor march at all.

Innes, though.

Edited by Sunwoo

Finally finished. This one was so brutal, it was like every map has Kinshi Hinoka on purpose

Eirika: Lv 40. Flash (Wrathful), Restore+, Heavenly Light, Close Foil, Mystic Boost

Ephraim: Lv 40+5. It's Curtains (Res), Swap, Glimmer, Distant Foil, Quick Riposte, Atk Smoke, Deflect Magic 3

Tana: Lv 40. Fruit of Iðunn, Rally Atk/Spd+, Glimmer, Mirror Impact, Aerobatics, Drive Res, Drive Spd

Innes: Lv 40+1. Firesweep Axe, Rally Atk/Def+, Growing Flame, Atk/Def Bond, Def/Res Link, Even Atk Wave, Atk Smoke

I could not get any good skills for the life of me, this might be my worst collection of units so far~ I'll try to fix them with the time I have left, otherwise, none are even worth a Forma~

Are the last maps just not possible to clear anymore unless you get really lucky with skills? Because these are not winnable for me at all. Everyone gets doubled and killed easily by just about anything. This mode is as bad as AR now.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Are the last maps just not possible to clear anymore unless you get really lucky with skills? Because these are not winnable for me at all. Everyone gets doubled and killed easily by just about anything. This mode is as bad as AR now.

This one is probably going to require a bit more grinding on lower levels then normal. While Ephraim can be a beast, armored units without march or any type of positionals(and those are far too rare in this mode) are a drag on your team. Best bet is probably relying entirely on Innes and Tana. But they can both be taken down pretty easily by just about any archer. On non archer maps careful positioning and healing with Eirika can take some of the pain off. I have won maps by just healing Ephraim/Innes. But keeping her safe is tough. You really need wary fighter or something. The best I have gotten is the Odd Fighter skill. Making things worse is the sheer number of archers/armor killers I am running into. Though I am curious on Innes and Tana getting doubled. Neither of them are a slouch speed wise and mostly fear braves. Have you just not got any decent spd skills?

But yeah I am at the point where I think I just need to hit the low ones over and over again in the hopes that Ephraim will magically learn Armor March. Or at least get some armored boots or something. DC might also work, though the skills he currently has isn't great for that. Anyways if you are still stuck at 17 we are pretty much at the same spot(though I avoided trying to punch past it today because it kept having problematic enemy combinations/etc so I just hit the lower ones rather than trying to climb). I need some mobility for my two armors. Smite or Armor March or Reposition or Armored Boots. Any of these would solve my woes assuming the right unit gets it. I did get kinda lucky and get Shove on Innes. But that only helps a bit. Still a lot better than nothing and if both he and Tana had it I could probably make do, but of course that is the only positional I have been offered.

1 minute ago, Usana said:

This one is probably going to require a bit more grinding on lower levels then normal. While Ephraim can be a beast, armored units without march or any type of positionals(and those are far too rare in this mode) are a drag on your team. Best bet is probably relying entirely on Innes and Tana. But they can both be taken down pretty easily by just about any archer. On non archer maps careful positioning and healing with Eirika can take some of the pain off. I have won maps by just healing Ephraim/Innes. But keeping her safe is tough. You really need wary fighter or something. The best I have gotten is the Odd Fighter skill. Making things worse is the sheer number of archers/armor killers I am running into. Though I am curious on Innes and Tana getting doubled. Neither of them are a slouch speed wise and mostly fear braves. Have you just not got any decent spd skills?

Yeah, running into so many enemies with effectiveness weapons is why I really hated the last HoF. You were forced to use THREE fliers in that one which is stupid when nearly every single map is going to have at least one archer.

No, I've not been able to get any Fighter skills for Ephraim or any Spd skills for anyone else for that matter, now that you mention it. I guess I did get annoyingly unlucky.

Eirika: Lv 40. Flash (Wrathful), Restore+, Heavenly Light, Close Foil, Mystic Boost

Ephraim: Lv 40+10. It's Curtains (Res), Rally Atk/Res+, Blue Flame, Distant Foil, Quick Riposte, Armored Stride, Deflect Magic 3

Tana: Lv 40. Fruit of Iðunn, Rally Atk/Spd+, Glimmer, Mirror Impact, Aerobatics, Drive Res, Drive Spd

I will honestly take literally any Fighter Skill on Ephraim at this point. I have yet to be offered a single one. Did finally get Armored Stride on him, though, so I may still consider picking him up. Hopefully I can do that soon, I still need to get Eirika two more Skills~

My Ephraim ended pretty nice. I got the last skill I needed today, for him:

INNCFeF.png

Because of Ephraim, this was a pretty easy HoF. i got DC for him very very early, which helped a lot. And for a good amount of time he had more Spd/Res than Tana, so Eirika's Spd/Res Gap buffed him instead which was very useful. I finished this HoF in the 4th day, if I am not wrong.

I finished this HoF a while back as well, but I am struggling to get some good skills on Eirika since I might use a soul on her. Ephraim is pretty good to go if I want him as well. I'm glad I stocked up on Forma souls!

@Anacybele Yesh, nothing for speed at all kinda stinks. True my Innes has been very poor. But at least Tana was offered Fury 4 and Swift Sparrow. But yeah this seems to be a very dry run for me. My total merges are probably higher than they have ever been for one of these since a merge is about the only thing worthwhile I am offered like half the time. Still a couple good skills popped up for me and I had some 'easy' matchups (Hinoka was as annoyingly present as usual, but she was always in an easy spot to hit on playerphase so I didn't have to worry to much about her being effective against all four of my people) so I was able to unlock 20 today.

Well these are my guys for anyone who is curious.
Eirika - 40+5 - Wrathful Absorb+\Martyr+\Miracle\ATK/DEF Push 4\Odd Follow-Up 3\Def Tactic 3\Distant Guard 3
Ephraim - 40+5 - Festive Siegmund\Rally Up Res+\ATK/DEF Push 4\Bold Fighter 3\ATK/SPD Gap 3\Chill Def 3

These two always seem to twin on me. I get the same boon(back when I pulled them when first released, can't recall if the bane was the same), they are pulled in the same pull(well the legendary forms I think it was), etc. They take the twin thing WAY too far. They have both been offered ATK/SPD GAP and Distant guard/Chill DEF/Def Tactic and even keep getting offered the same A skills. The only things they haven't shared as a pick are class/character specific skills and Odd/Bold Fighter.

Tana - 40+4 - Blade\-\-\Fury 4\Chill ATK/SPD 2\-\Swift Sparrow 2
Innes - 40 - Handbell+(SPD)\Shove\Dragon Fang\Mirror Stance 3\-\-\-

As you can tell I have been trying to get some mobility on my armors so that they can actually move around. No Boots, No March, No Stride. Also no Repo or Smite for these guys. At least Tana got lucky as all out. With Fury 4, Swift Sparrow Seal, ATK/SPD Gap 3 and Rally Up Res from Ephraim, and Def Tactic from Eirika. . . well lets just say there is little my Tana can't kill.

Things I have learned. Odd Follow-Up is a MUCH better skill than I have ever given it credit for. It has constantly pulled my arse end out of the fire. Eirika is a combat monster if I play my cards right. Though that might be less that the skill is handy and more that random skills have really forced me to utilize what I have rather than using 'good stuff'. Helps that this mode is not time sensitive so I can easily wait for turn numbers to be right to make my move or other wise stall to get her ready.

4 hours ago, Usana said:

esh, nothing for speed at all kinda stinks. True my Innes has been very poor. But at least Tana was offered Fury 4 and Swift Sparrow. But yeah this seems to be a very dry run for me. My total merges are probably higher than they have ever been for one of these since a merge is about the only thing worthwhile I am offered like half the time. Still a couple good skills popped up for me and I had some 'easy' matchups (Hinoka was as annoyingly present as usual, but she was always in an easy spot to hit on playerphase so I didn't have to worry to much about her being effective against all four of my people) so I was able to unlock 20 today.

Yeah, I instead got good stuff for Innes and he was my MVP while Tana didn't get so lucky. I haven't seen Swift Sparrow once for her. Instead, it got offered to...Ephraim. lol Yeah, luck sucks sometimes. I'm currently stuck on 21.

Edited by Anacybele

Ephraim: Lv 40+10. It's Curtains (Res), Rally Atk/Res+, Blue Flame, Death Blow 4, Quick Riposte, Armored Stride, Deflect Magic 3

All right, now just need any Fighter Skill and he'll be worth the soul. But at the rate this is going, I'm not sure if I'll get one~

~~~

Well I did say any~

Eirika: Lv 40. Flash (Wrathful), Restore+, Heavenly Light, Close Foil, Mystic Boost, Fortify Res 4

Ephraim: Lv 40+10. It's Curtains (Res), Rally Atk/Res+, Blue Flame, Death Blow 4, Daring Fighter, Armored Stride, Brazen Atk/Res

Edited by Landmaster

I was bogged down through chambers 19-21 for what felt like a week (probably only 3-4 days in reality) but then chambers 22-25 were all done today in a pretty lucky streak of winnable matches. Tana pretty clearly MVP, though her high merges are mostly due to a continual failure to get a useful B-skill. I never keep playing after finishing the last chamber so this is my final line-up:

Eirika +1, Trilemma+ [wrathful], Restore+, Earthfire Balm+, Atk/Def Push 4, Dazzling Staff 3, Joint Hone Atk, no S slot.

Ephraim +5, Festive Siegmund, Swap, no Special, Distant Counter, Bold Fighter 3, Spd Tactic 3, Atk/Res Bond 3.

Tana +7, Raudrfox+ [spd], Rally Def/Res+, Ruptured Sky, Fury 4. Chill Atk/Res 2, Joint Drive Atk, Atk Smoke 3.

Innes +5, Wo Gun+ [spd], Draw Back, no Special, Atk/Spd Push 4, Chill Atk/Spd 2, Fortify Res 4, Atk/Spd Bond 3.

The most frustrating thing was not once getting offered a decent special for the lads. Not even asking for Blue Flame or Ruptured Sky, I'd have been perfectly content with Moonbow, Glimmer, Bonfire, Luna, or whatever. Instead it was AoE specials or Vengeance 90% of the time, with Glacies occasionally thrown in.

10 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I was bogged down through chambers 19-21 for what felt like a week (probably only 3-4 days in reality) but then chambers 22-25 were all done today in a pretty lucky streak of winnable matches. Tana pretty clearly MVP, though her high merges are mostly due to a continual failure to get a useful B-skill. I never keep playing after finishing the last chamber so this is my final line-up:

For the harder difficulties, I generally hold off on completing them until I can get enough buffs on my team so the blade mage can just kill enemies in a round of combat or in one shot. Having a blade mage makes the later difficulties much easier to deal with.

Well blargh. Managed to crash through the final chamber today and. . .

Only skills changes were on Tana. She basically had to carry everyone through the final chambers. She managed to pick up Draw Back. Though with Ephraim on the team I would rather have Smite. She also got a special in the form of Blazing Flame, but with how short these are high cool down AoE specials don't really do much. I think I saw it fire off once, against a team of all staves with 40+ res. She also got Joint Hone Attack. Which doesn't help her much since she benefits from ATK/SPD GAP on Ephraim, but does mean I can grant an atk buff to the others if needed and that if Ephraim was the one to roll Armor March or get offered Armored Stride that I could nuke his C without hamstringing Tana in the process.

So final bit is-

Erika +7, Ephraim +8, Tana +4, and poor Innes with no merges. This is definitely the most merges I have gotten since normally I don't feel as bleh towards options offered and I normally don't have one person who basically gets nothing due to almost never killing anything. Normally 4-5 of those merges would have been Innes getting offered stuff. But since he got shove somewhat early he got turned into a shove bot for Ephraim. He is the true MVP! Always right there behind Ephraim pushing him to greater heights!

Chamber 22 is still unclearable for me. Also, why do I keep running into bulky ass armors and dragons that my units can barely do any damage to?

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Chamber 22 is still unclearable for me. Also, why do I keep running into bulky ass armors and dragons that my units can barely do any damage to?

I recommend giving SA!Tana a blade tome. At least for me, Rapport Wand shows up like around a third of the time for GOW!Eirika, so it is pretty easy to buff SA!Tana up.

50 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend giving SA!Tana a blade tome. At least for me, Rapport Wand shows up like around a third of the time for GOW!Eirika, so it is pretty easy to buff SA!Tana up.

...Unfortunately, my Tana DID have a blade tome before, but I replaced it with her prf (Fruit of Idunn). I saw people saying here how good it was for them. >_<

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Unfortunately, my Tana DID have a blade tome before, but I replaced it with her prf (Fruit of Idunn). I saw people saying here how good it was for them. >_<

Fruit of Iðunn is pretty fun, but it does not do so well in the higher levels since it does not have the oomph to kill things.

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fruit of Iðunn is pretty fun, but it does not do so well in the higher levels since it does not have the oomph to kill things.

I see. Dang, I guess I messed up...

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I see. Dang, I guess I messed up...

How are your other units holding up though? GOW!Ephraim is pretty slow movement wise, but Fruit of Iðunn can give him a much needed movement boost. GOW!Ephraim with Festive Siegmund-Bold Fighter and your choice of 3 cooldown Special should pretty much kill almost anything in one round of combat, although getting Bold Fighter is not exactly easy as I have not seen it up pop up for me when I was building up everyone.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

How are your other units holding up though? GOW!Ephraim is pretty slow movement wise, but Fruit of Iðunn can give him a much needed movement boost. GOW!Ephraim with Festive Siegmund-Bold Fighter and your choice of 3 cooldown Special should pretty much kill almost anything in one round of combat, although getting Bold Fighter is not exactly easy as I have not seen it up pop up for me when I was building up everyone.

Festive Siegmund hasn't ever come up as an option, unfortunately. He does have Tannenboom!+ though, which is amusing given that it's still a Christmas weapon. XD I've not been able to get him any Fighter skills either, sadly.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Festive Siegmund hasn't ever come up as an option, unfortunately. He does have Tannenboom!+ though, which is amusing given that it's still a Christmas weapon. XD I've not been able to get him any Fighter skills either, sadly.

Yeah. It is hard to get what you need for some units. For me, GOW!Eirika got Special Fighter a few times, but I am using her a support unit so she does not need it. GOW!Ephraim only got crappy stuff like Seals and Brash Assault, and Sabotages on a few occasions which he cannot even use really well.