Zapp Branniglenn

Datamine information

Spoiler

July 2021 HoF units:
Summer Ursula
Winter Zephiel
Winter Nino
Winter Jaffar

Yeah, 3 armored units are going to be a pain to use in HoF but they can pick up Save skills, which is huge, especially for players who have merged up Jaffar (he can pick up stuff like Courtly Mask, A/R Far Save, Slick Fighter, etc.). Meanwhile, given the timing of the HoF and the grail pool update (Fallen Orson and Groom Zelot got added), Ursula can pick up very premium skills like A/D Far Trace and Atk/Def Menace, giving Ursula more options aside from Broadleaf Fan builds (she could go Courtly Fan + Windsweep or Courtly Mask + A/D Far Trace).

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Datamine information

Reveal hidden contents

July 2021 HoF units:
Summer Ursula
Winter Zephiel
Winter Nino
Winter Jaffar

Yeah, 3 armored units are going to be a pain to use in HoF but they can pick up Save skills, which is huge, especially for players who have merged up Jaffar (he can pick up stuff like Courtly Mask, A/R Far Save, Slick Fighter, etc.). Meanwhile, given the timing of the HoF and the grail pool update (Fallen Orson and Groom Zelot got added), Ursula can pick up very premium skills like A/D Far Trace and Atk/Def Menace, giving Ursula more options aside from Broadleaf Fan builds (she could go Courtly Fan + Windsweep or Courtly Mask + A/D Far Trace).

Spoilers.

Spoiler

Ugh... Yeah, definitely NOT a fan of a bunch of armors. Even if I give two of them Save skills early on, I am not sure if it will help much, especially in the later levels where damage output can get pretty high due to stat inflation.

• 2 weeks later...

While it didn't present much issue with beating all 25 chambers, something interesting that happened with my run was that *not* once did any Fighter skill show up for any of the 3 armors through to the last chamber or to lv. 40. Seemed to only get Chill or Seal B skills mainly, and mostly only AoE or defensive Specials. 

Personally I'm not particularly interested in these units even though they worked well enough that I lost maybe 2-3 maps at most. Ursula sorta-kinda could be worth building up with the free Manual and her banner available right now, but she was also the least useful unit here for me. Really hoping the next HoF has something interesting since I've been sitting on an unused Forma soul ever since Fallen Celica's event. 

Post Ch 25:

CBC!Ursula (40+2): Splashy Bucket+ (+Res), Atk/Def Push 4, Spd/Res Ruse 3, Joint Drive Atk

WC!Zephiel (40+3): Geishun+ (+Atk), Rally Up Res+, Escutcheon, Atk/Res Ideal 4, Atk/Def Menace, Spur Def/Res 2

FF!Nino (40+1): Spooky Censer+ (+Res), Atk/Def Bond 4, Armor March 3, Brazen Atk/Res 3

AN!Jaffar (40+4): Pumpkin-a-Box+ (+Def), Blue Flame, Shield Session 3, A/R Far Save 3, Mystic Boost 3

Ugh. I've been attempting to have Zephiel get all the first kills in order to give him the best odds of a good Save build, but even with the other units also at lv40, I haven't been able to clear Floor 20 like this. I feel like I should go out of my way a bit to pick up some abilities for the others, but I'm not sure how much is worthwhile. I guess Jaffar is the one to focus on, since blues are such an issue.

Picked up some skills on the other three and managed to beat the remaining floors. Now just to try to have Zephiel learn Close Save in the remaining days. No luck yet but... he did get Far Save? I could find Distant Counter fodder for him if it comes to it, but if he can't get Close Save, I'll only pick him if it turns out we aren't getting Dozla next month. 

My Zephiel ended pretty nicely:

• Carrot Cudgel+
  • Rally Up Res+
  • Ruptured Sky
  • Sturdy Stance 3
  • Slick Fighter
  • Def/Res Near Save 3

I am still looking for Pledged Blade, since I can get Carrot Cudgel at any time. I also considered Heart's Blade at one time. I may pick that next time it appears.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My Zephiel ended pretty nicely:

• Carrot Cudgel+
  • Rally Up Res+
  • Ruptured Sky
  • Sturdy Stance 3
  • Slick Fighter
  • Def/Res Near Save 3

I am still looking for Pledged Blade, since I can get Carrot Cudgel at any time. I also considered Heart's Blade at one time. I may pick that next time it appears.

Mine is pretty similar so far - Pledged Blade, Ruptured Sky, Sturdy Stance, and Slick Fighter.

How much focus did you put on your other units?

14 hours ago, Othin said:

Mine is pretty similar so far - Pledged Blade, Ruptured Sky, Sturdy Stance, and Slick Fighter.

How much focus did you put on your other units?

Ursula has Courtly Fan+, Moonbow, Spd/Res Far Trace, Rouse Atk/Spd and Darting Blow seal. She did a ghood job in being a high atk and spd cav dagger. Yeah, she had a Res trace skill, but I only picked that for the extra mobility.

Nino has Keen Blárwolf+, Ruptured Sky, Spd/Res Form, Mystic Boost, Threaten Atk/Spd and Savage Bow seal. Wolf tome was very useful in later chambers, against some annoying cavs like Eliwood.

Jaffar has Red-Hot Ducks+, Shove, Kestral Stance 3, Mystic Boost 3, Fortify Armor and Bracing Stance seal. He was an enemy phase dagger unit, that does extra damage based on Spd... very weird, but was effective.

And at least we have Zephiel, to complete this weird group of formas. Before having what he has, he had Unbound Blade and Armor March Seal, who skills that do not combine with each other at all. I only got him Carrot Cudgel+ after I finished the 25 chambers.

I usually focus in finishing all chambers before giving the focus on the forma I am interested. I even replay early chambers if I need extra skills or to level up Formas.

Having a bunch of armors was not as bad as I thought, although I did get lucky in that I did not get too many asinine enemies in the higher levels.

I am going with Jaffar: Angel of Night, and he has the following:
Courtly Mask [Spd]
Harsh Command
Ruptured Sky
Bracing Stance
Slick Fighter
AR Far Save

I got Nino with the following

Blarserpent+ (Def)
Rally Up Res+ (filler pretty much)
Ruptured Sky
Distant Def 4
Special Fighter (I don't have as much Special Fighter fodder as I'd like these days...)
A/R Far Save

I wonder if that's worth keeping, considering A. I don't have any copies of Nino otherwise, and B. I don't have any Far Save units right now, so she'd basically be my only chance to have even one Far Save unit...

19 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I got Nino with the following

Blarserpent+ (Def)
Rally Up Res+ (filler pretty much)
Ruptured Sky
Distant Def 4
Special Fighter (I don't have as much Special Fighter fodder as I'd like these days...)
A/R Far Save

I wonder if that's worth keeping, considering A. I don't have any copies of Nino otherwise, and B. I don't have any Far Save units right now, so she'd basically be my only chance to have even one Far Save unit...

As long as you got a Flayn or two (or more), the merges and stats on the Save tank does not matter too much in most situations and modes.

Datamine information:

Spoiler

So the next Hall of Forms units are as follows:
Halloween Myrrh
Halloween Dozla
Halloween L'Arachel
Spring Marisa

If you managed to complete the last HoF event, this one shouldn't be as bad since 2 armors instead of 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PoR one would just be Sanaki and her guardians (Winter Sephiran and the bride variants of Sanaki, Tanith, and Sigrun) given how IS pretty much groups up characters within a game based on seasonal theme and some event or character relationship whenever possible.

Decided to pass on picking up Zephiel in hopes of better luck with Dozla picking up a proper Save skill. He's picked up two skills so far - Crafty Fighter and A/R Far Save, so... honestly I'm pretty much already set, somehow.

Hopefully he'll manage to round out the build with Minty Cane and Distant Def.

• 2 weeks later...

Marisa seriously carried this entire thing for me, man I'm glad I'm invested in her.

Atk/Spd Menace? Seriously overpowered, that thing just brings so many units down to earth for Marisa to come in and end their lives. Combined with Atk/Spd Catch 4, she was so fast as well, and for the longest time the Candy Cane was her weapon of choice (I've since replaced it with a Springy Lance because I don't think the Candy Cane will do her specifically much good in the real FEH-world, still holding out for the Nanja Yari tho)

I don't even really wanna replace Menace with a Rein skill, even though it would make sense to give one to her. I'm just having too much fun with Menace.

Ninja Yari on the final battle I could have possibly done for this HoF, heck yes!

...I mean, Springy Lance was good too, but I have like 4 spare Spring Minervas, I can just give it to Marisa later. But Ninja Yari? That's a lot rarer.

Either way, Marisa is gonna be one heck of a unit. Ninja Yari, Rally Up Spd+, Ruptured Sky, Atk/Spd Catch, Spd/Def Near Trace, and Atk/Spd Menace are what I managed to get her, with at least one appearance from Atk/Def Rein I considered and passed on.

...the other 3 were kinda just meat bags to throw at the enemy throughout. Not like I wasn't looking for a Save skill, but... I mean, I +10ed Myrrh already, and I'm not that invested in Dozla. L'arachel might have been a little more relevant to me if Gunnthra didn't get so immensely stacked with her upgrades, but as-is... yeah...

Considered a couple different builds for Myrrh but ultimately stuck with what made the most sense to me, and I'm very satisfied after testing her out some with other Sacred Stones characters in different modes! 

Pale Breath+ (+Res), Rally Atk/Spd+, Blue Flame, Close Def 4, Crafty Fighter 3, DR Near Save. 

She's also a new hero for me (and the second Forma unit I've purchased, after Fallen Celica earlier this year), and one that I had wanted but missed out on until now, though of course on the other hand this means she has no merges and might never have many unless I have pretty good luck around Halloween. As my third Near Save tank, she does compete (and probably isn't quite as good as) with Duo Idunn and Brave Edelgard, so in future I'll probably aim to prioritize blue or colorless candidates (up to a pretty ridiculous pity rate on P!Surtr's banner rn, still can't get him). 

Looking over Path of Radiance exclusive characters, it doesn't look promising to me. Jill or Petrine I would grab in a heartbeat but they're not likely. Maaayyybe if Sephiran isn't considered too new for IS, I might consider, but it's a shame how many skills are withheld from Staff users. 

Who I'd really really love to see is NY!Lethe in a couple months, but who knows. 

• 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

September Hall of Forms units:
Bride Sanaki
Fallen Ashnard
Halloween Ilyana
Dancer Nephenee

Ilyana and Nephenee can reach +1 easily thanks to Normal 2 Manuals and Limited Manuals respectively. Ashnard fans could get a nice kit and save more grails (assuming they haven't already +10'd him). Ilyana is the best blue mage armor for the Far Save role.

I'm honestly tempted to work on Ilyana and Nephenee.

• 1 month later...

Well, as the Radiant Dawn HoF comes closer to a close, I am able to report that I have gotten pretty good builds for Naesala and Micaiah while COMPLETELY ignoring Ike and Sothe.

Naesala got Rally Def/Res+, Galeforce, Swift Surge, Dive Bomb, and Atk/Spd Rein. Glad I was able to get ASRein in the end, cause for most of the time he was toting Spd/Res Rein, which was... well, useless, to be frank. I would have preferred a Trace instead of Dive Bomb, but I won't complain, maybe I can still make good use of it. Swift Surge is a good pickup, I'll take it over ASsolo4 at least, since it's not really like I want Naesala being attacked. Pair it with Dive Bomb and a 3-cooldown Special, and she should be good to go.

Micaiah got all of her Prf skills plus Aether, Mirror Impact, and Def/Res Menace. I later replaced Sacrifice with Rally Atk/Spd+ since I was already done with the halls.

The other two? I don't really use the Fallen Ike I do have so I felt building him would be a waste, and Sothe I'm perfectly fine with the Sothe I have already, plus with how well I was able to build Micaiah and Naesala throughout the halls... it meant I was able to completely ignore those two. I didn't even give Sothe a new weapon to make it possible for him to inflict better debuffs, Silver Weapons+ all round for those two!

On 11/4/2021 at 12:49 AM, Xenomata said:

Naesala got Rally Def/Res+, Galeforce, Swift Surge, Dive Bomb, and Atk/Spd Rein. Glad I was able to get ASRein in the end, cause for most of the time he was toting Spd/Res Rein, which was... well, useless, to be frank. I would have preferred a Trace instead of Dive Bomb, but I won't complain, maybe I can still make good use of it. Swift Surge is a good pickup, I'll take it over ASsolo4 at least, since it's not really like I want Naesala being attacked. Pair it with Dive Bomb and a 3-cooldown Special, and she should be good to go.

I want Surge Sparrow! I got Heavy Blade instead, which I guess is not too bad considering the rest of his kit consisting of AD Near Trace and Atk/Def Rein. Could not find SD Near Trace and Spd/Def Rein, so I just went with Atk/Def versions for now.

He also got Blue Flame and Rally Up Atk, but the first one is useless and the latter is irrelevant.

Maybe I will just stick with his kit and give him Galeforce.

Edited by XRay

• 3 weeks later...

This month's Hall of Forms:

• Bridal Tharja
  • Summer Cordelia
  • Halloween Nowi
  • Dancer Inigo

This was... actually way easier than I expected it to be, holy shit. Once Nowi and Tharja got their refines, they just carried the run from start to finish.

Hm... wonder if I should forma soul Witchy Nowi...

On the one hand, mine is already +10, so it'd feel kinda wasted, but on the other hand I could give her much rarer skills than I can currently afford to give her (currently A/S Catch 4, A/S Far Trace, and A/S Rein)

Hmmm... Rein would make her a good Save beacon... man I dunno, usually it's easy to decide on these things...

• 3 weeks later...