Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

I'm keeping the forma soul for a later HOF. If a unit like draug got in last time there is a chance another unit like Ross or Sheena gets in. And if the unit is in the 3-4 star pool and has high BST, I can make an easy Arena scorebot.

I believe each Hall of Forms event would come with its own Forma Soul Pack, so if you plan to buy every Forma Soul Pack, you might as well just spend the current Forma Soul since you can only get one Forma per event.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I believe each Hall of Forms event would come with its own Forma Soul Pack, so if you plan to buy every Forma Soul Pack, you might as well just spend the current Forma Soul since you can only get one Forma per event.

I might be able to get only one per event, but I might not be interested in buying a new soul pack at a later point. Just having one in reserve is plenty for me now. 

Can I say I'm in a tough spot...like really tough spot... I don't know who to pick but I am leaning towards Finn...because A he's a Grail unit and B...well his skills:

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_03_22_11_31_27_b

Compared to the rest of them:

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_03_22_11_31_35_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_03_22_11_31_41_b

fire_emblem_heroes_2020_03_22_11_31_48_b

I miss my Altean Groom Marth that I'd built up.  He would have hands down had the forma soul...but alas, I can't go with him 😧

I ended up choosing Leif for my Forma

WeJRsb1.png?1

I was able to refine Cake Cutter+ to Spd despite getting the Res version in the mode, so that was nice, it was something I was wondering about. My original Leif was +Spd but I think I'm more than fine with this since he's actually faster with this refine than he was with Light Brand with +Spd IV~

• 1 month later...

+Atk Blossoms is good @Tybrosion

As for me, got up to Chamber 13. Cecilia is...a pain but I got Guidance on Thea so she's a bit easier to move around, at least. Would really like to get Bold Fighter, though. Lilina and Roy are carrying the squad so far but Thea is pretty thicc~

Roy: Lv 33. Blazing Durandal (Eff), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, Chill Atk, Atk Opening

Lilina: Lv 33. Spectral Tome (Res), Rally Spd/Def+, Atk/Res Push 4, Spd/Res Gap, Swift Sparrow

Thea: Lv 32. Reprisal Lance (Atk), Rally Atk/Res+, Fort Def/Res, Guidance 

Cecilia: Lv 34. Sky Maiougi (Res), Blue Flame, Steady Stance 4, Def Tactic 

Edited by Landmaster

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

+Atk Blossoms is good @Tybrosion

I know. The issue was that I was conned into taking the +Res one when the game could’ve just offered the +Atk one first (instead, it offered Thea the +Atk one right after I selected the +Res one for her).

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I know. The issue was that I was conned into taking the +Res one when the game could’ve just offered the +Atk one first (instead, it offered Thea the +Atk one right after I selected the +Res one for her).

I know, I'm just saying, those other Skills were garbage anyway (except maybe the C and S Slot that I can't see) so you weren't really losing anything by changing to +Atk. I had the same thing: Spd Maiougi to Res Maiougi for Cecilia~ 

44 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I know, I'm just saying, those other Skills were garbage anyway (except maybe the C and S Slot that I can't see) so you weren't really losing anything by changing to +Atk. I had the same thing: Spd Maiougi to Res Maiougi for Cecilia~ 

Yeah it wasn't in that shot, but Atk/Spd Oath was the C Passive in that bunch which was something that I kinda would've liked but oh well. I don't remember what the seal was but I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything noteworthy and the rest was pretty "lol" (especially Water Boost).

I feel like I might jinx myself by saying this, but FINALLY I'm getting some luck in my skill choices. And by that I mean that I'm actually getting quite a lot of it.

Brave!Roy's level 33, with Blazing Durandal (+Eff), Atk/Spd Push 4, Def/Res Ruse 3, and Threat. Atk/Spd 3.
Valentine!Lilina is level 30, with Gronnserpent+ (+Spd), Quick Riposte 3, and Threat. Atk/Res 3.
Thea is level 32 with Silver Lance+, Rally Atk/Res+, Death Blow 4, and Hit and Run.
Winter!Cecilia is level 33+1 with Tropical Treats+ (+Res), Harsh Command+, Fury 4, and the Atk Ploy 3 seal.

Most of the units' roles are clearly defined now, with Roy being the Sweeper, Thea's role being the Rallybot and Cleaner, and Cecilia's role being the Tank. Not sure what Lilina's role is here, other than the fact that she's the only Magic unit in the team...so I guess she's the Tank Killer? Except even then she doesn't do a great job at it.

I think it's safe to say that Roy will be the smart choice here. Not only is he a powerful unit with powerful skills (and is Cavalry to boot, making him a superb Galeforce user), but he's also the only unit on here with a non-inheritable weapon (and one refined at that, saving a whole 200 Divine Dew). The only drawback is his status as a Forma unit preventing him from having any boons, but even that shouldn't be enough to dissuade people from getting him. Winter!Cecilia is the next best unit (being a Grail unit that doesn't care about the lack of IVs), but Roy's selection of skills is just too good to think about getting anyone else.

I'm tossing up between CYL Roy and Devotion Day Lilina (who I don't have a single copy of since summoning luck is poor).  God why do I have such an issue...

Thus far Roy has been getting really good skills, Valentine Lilina...crappy in comparison.

Forgot to update yesterday~

Roy: Lv 40. Blazing Durandal (Eff), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, Swift Sparrow 3, Chill Atk, Atk Opening

Lilina: Lv 39. Spectral Tome (Res), Rally Spd/Def+, Atk/Res Push 4, Chill Res, Spd/Res Gap, Swift Sparrow

Thea: Lv 37. Reprisal Lance (Atk), Reposition, Fort Def/Res, Guidance, Atk/Spd 2 

Cecilia: Lv 37. Sky Maiougi (Res), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Steady Stance 4, Def Tactic 

These enemy units are becoming hard to take down with their high HP. Wasn't too lucky with the skills so most upgrades went to merges. Might have to do lower level stages to to get better skills. 

Finally finished today~ I wasn't planning on buying any of these units but if I can get Panic Smoke on Roy, I may consider it.

Roy: Lv 40+10. Blazing Durandal (Eff), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, Swift Sparrow 3, Lull Atk/Def, Def Smoke, Darting Blow 3

Lilina: Lv 40+1. Spectral Tome (Spd), Rally Spd/Def+, Dragon Fang, Atk/Res Push 4, Chill Res, Spd/Res Gap, Swift Sparrow

Thea: Lv 40+1. Reprisal Lance (Atk), Reposition, Blue Flame, Fort Def/Res, Poison Strike, Ground Orders, Iote's Shield

Cecilia: Lv 40. Sky Maiougi (Res), Draw Back, Blue Flame, Steady Stance 4, Daring Fighter, Def Tactic, Mirror Stance

As you can see, the journey for Panic Smoke ain't going too well

I want Pulse Smoke on WCecilia. I have a +10 one and I want to get her some good skills because I can't pull fodder to save my life. I've diverted almost every single first kill I've gotten to Cecilia. It's been over a week? And still, no Pulse Smoke on her. What the fuck.

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I want Pulse Smoke on WCecilia. I have a +10 one and I want to get her some good skills because I can't pull fodder to save my life. I've diverted almost every single first kill I've gotten to Cecilia. It's been over a week? And still, no Pulse Smoke on her. What the fuck.

As you can't fodder off Forma units, you're going to have to put your +10 onto the Winter!Cecilia Forma instead of the other way around.
Not that it matters, since she doesn't have access to IVs. Just try to make sure that each of the Forma's skills is something your +10 doesn't have.

I finished this round yesterday? Or the day before? Anyway, Roy is literally the only reason why I cleared the last chambers. Thea just couldn’t do any damage without a good special, Lilina was bad overall and Celica was mediocre at best. They supplied chip damage so that Roy could sweep 

3 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

As you can't fodder off Forma units, you're going to have to put your +10 onto the Winter!Cecilia Forma instead of the other way around.
Not that it matters, since she doesn't have access to IVs. Just try to make sure that each of the Forma's skills is something your +10 doesn't have.

I know how it works, but I'm not going to buy if I don't get Pulse Smoke.

3 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

I finished this round yesterday? Or the day before? Anyway, Roy is literally the only reason why I cleared the last chambers. Thea just couldn’t do any damage without a good special, Lilina was bad overall and Celica was mediocre at best. They supplied chip damage so that Roy could sweep 

funny for me it was the other way around. Lilina blasted everything with her gronnblade out of the way and Cecilia tanked anything with her Close Counter set while Roy was mostly there just to clean up if they missed the kill and got mostly sacrificed.

Thea though was also useless for me aside as a buff bot basicly for the others.

Only Chamber 25 to go but I've gotta say it's no longer fun progressing through the tiers, stat inflation turning the mode into a chore of stalling until you see a beatable enemy lineup in the next tier. I mean, it's not that I'm in any danger of missing out as I've got today's stamina and 4 torches still to burn, but the "I wonder what cool thing I'll get next" feeling I got when the mode first launched is gone.

As for this specific event, I have no particular standout unit. Unless by stand-out, I mean outstandingly dead weight, which Thea is. Okay she walls well enough but there is absolutely no sense of premium in her at all.

• 3 weeks later...

So I end HoF for the day with my team as follows:
- Brave Lyn Lvl 34 - Mulagir (PRF refine), Rally Def/Res+, Joint Hone Spd
- Ninian, Lvl 32 - Blárserpent+ (+Spd), Dance, Moonbow, Mirror Stance 2 (Sacred Seal)
- Nino, Lvl 33 - Giga Excalibur, Rally Atk/Def+, Pulse Smoke 3, Chill Spd 3 (Sacred Seal)
- Fiora, Lvl 35+1 - Cake Cutter+ (+Atk), Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Atk/Spd Oath 3, Brazen Atk/Def 3 (Sacred Seal).

Fiora is definitely my MVP so far.

I managed to get through Chamber 20 by hard focusing Lyn and Nino, with three rolls going to Ninian and Fiora (Dance, Atk/Spd Gap, and Smite...absolutely incredible RNG there). I thought I was going to get walled by an Idunn before I remembered that Giga Excalibur’s bonus damage bypasses defenses.

Lyn still doesn’t have an A Passive, which annoys me. However, I did discover that +1 Nino with Giga Excalibur and +5 Lyn with Mulagir have the same Atk & Spd total, which is all kinds of fun.

Pretty good first day~ Got to Chamber 13 and stopped for a bit of grinding~

Lyn: Lv 31. Mulagir (Eff), Draw Back, Atk/Spd Push 4, Drive Spd

Ninian: Lv 29. Silver Goblet (Spd), Dance, Atk/Res Bond, Geyser Dance, Distant Guard

Nino: Lv 29. Giga Excalibur, Swap, Dragon Fang, Swift Sparrow 3, Fortify Res 4

Fiora: Lv 34. Barrier Blade (Def), Rally Def/Res+, Moonbow, Sabotage Spd, Brazen Atk/Res

I'm not expecting to snatch any of these but Ninian is on the table if I can get her a good build. Weapon and Distant Guard are good starts~

~~~

The journey continues, stopped at Chamber 16 after some grinding yesterday

Lyn: Lv 36. Mulagir (Eff), Draw Back, Glacies, Atk/Spd Push 4, Chill Def, Joint Hone Spd, Drive Spd

Ninian: Lv 37. Silver Goblet (Spd), Dance, Atk/Res Bond, Sabotage Spd, Distant Guard

Nino: Lv 37. Giga Excalibur, Swap, Dragon Fang, Swift Sparrow 3, Renewal, Ward Fliers

Fiora: Lv 38. Barrier Blade (Def), Rally Def/Res+, Moonbow, Sabotage Spd, Brazen Atk/Res

Poor FIora with no new Skills, I didn't notice she and Ninian had the same Sabotage, though~

If I can get Ninian Fort Def/Res, I may be able to work with this~ I don't think I can stack HP high enough to warrant Sudden Panic if I get that~

~~~~

Finished and been Skill searching for the past couple days, basically got all the skills I need for Ninian~

Lyn: Lv 40+4. Mulagir (Eff), Reposition, Glacies, Atk/Spd Push 4, Chill Def, Joint Hone Spd, Drive Spd

Ninian: Lv 40+10. Silver Goblet (Spd), Dance, Blue Flame, Fort Def/Res, Sabotage Spd, Distant Guard, Swift Sparrow

Nino: Lv 40+2. Giga Excalibur, Swap, Dragon Fang, Swift Sparrow 3, Renewal, Ward Fliers, Spur Atk/Sd

Fiora: Lv 40. Barrier Blade (Def), Rally Def/Res+, Moonbow, Sabotage Spd, Fortify Res 4, Brazen Atk/Res

Just need to decide if I want Sabotage Atk and I may try to get Ruptured Sky over Blue Flame. I turned it down a couple times but thinking about it, it may work out since she barely has any Atk as it is~

Edited by Landmaster