Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

A tad disappointed in the lineup for the upcoming HoF. Not because it's a bad lineup, because 3 of the 4 units have a very specific theme, and then there's dancing Xander completely ruining it. Ah whatever... this'll be my chance to get Adrift Camilla to +8 merge with some nice skills if I wanna take it, not like it matters since Byleth made every other offensive flying red mage obsolete...

Aversa disagrees with that statement. =]

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Aversa disagrees with that statement. =]

OFFENSIVE red tome fliers. Aversa isn't exactly winning any rewards for direct combat when she has combat stats eerily similar to ToD Nowi.
...then again, we might not be using the same definitions of offensive...

15 hours ago, Xenomata said:

A tad disappointed in the lineup for the upcoming HoF. Not because it's a bad lineup, because 3 of the 4 units have a very specific theme, and then there's dancing Xander completely ruining it. Ah whatever... this'll be my chance to get Adrift Camilla to +8 merge with some nice skills if I wanna take it, not like it matters since Byleth made every other offensive flying red mage obsolete...

A!Camilla (HP 36, Atk 37) is better than OM!F!Byleth (40, 36) if you want purely Counter-Vantage. Although you can argue that giving up 1 point in Atk for occasional Desperation might be worth it.

Plumeria (41, 40) is even better with even more Atk, but she has higher HP, although I guess having low HP is not as important as having high Atk.

I am tempted to pick Camilla, since I don't have her yet. I will invest on her, then wait for the next HoF announcements before deciding if I will use a Forma Sould or not.

Next HoF after thisd one may be Three Houses, so it can have some pretty nice units.

So... a combination of easy maps and good units in this Hall of Forms... made me reach Chamber 21 today.

MHLaCZy.png

• Camilla has her prf tome, the Book of Dreams, Smite as her assist skill, Glacies as special, Joint Drive Res and Atk/Spd Bond 2 sacred seal.
  • Male Corrin has Res refinement Water Breath+, Reposition, Spd/Res Link 3 and Joint Hone Def.
  • Female Corrin has Spd refinement Water Breath+, Growing Light, Sturdy Stance 3, Lull Atk/Res 3 and Chill Atk 3 Seal.
  • Xander has Silver Dagger+, Dance and Chill Spd/Res 2.

First time going all the way as high I could in the first day!

Camilla had her PRF, Mirror Impact and Guidance. Super helpful chip damage

M Corrin has Lightning Breath Spd, Atk Res Solo 4, Joint Drive Spd, Rally Atk/Spd+

F Corrin +1 has Glittering Breath Spd, Distant Def 4, Chill Atk/Res 2, Swap, Glacies, Threat Atk/Res 3, Solo Spd Res 3

Xander has Pegasus Carrot Res, Dance

Super easy, not bad. 

I did end up using the Soul on M!Grima last time since he got the Odd Follow Up before the end~ 100% grabbing A!F!Corrin here so I'm working on getting her some goodies~

Camilla: Lv 40. Book of Dreams, Draw Back, Galeforce, Atk/Spd Solo 4, Joint Drive Atk

A!M!Corrin: Lv 40+2. Glittering Breath (Def), Rally Up Atk+, Blue Flame, Atk/Res Bond 4,  Special Spiral, Joint Hone Atk, Brazen Atk/Res 3

A!F!Corrin: Lv 40+1. Draconic Rage, Rally Up Res+, Glimmer, Distant Ward, Joint Drive Atk, Hone Dragons

Xander: Lv 23. Silver Dagger, Dance, Distant Def 3

First time I'm kinda neglecting a unit in terms of Level. I'll even out Xander at the end. But I want to finish quickly so I can get A!F!Corrin some good skills ASAP~ Ironically A!M!Corrin is kinda the champ here~

I got up to 19 yesterday, and finished today.

After I got Dance on Xander, my strategy basically just turned into having him help Camilla wreck everything. Corrin F still hasn't learned any skills.

m7kxyjo.jpgY2DjiZH.jpg68kC6Eb.jpgNMtxn5q.jpg

Finished both HoF and F!Corrin's build up~ I'm a bit sad I won't be able to pick up M!Corrin, too~

Camilla: Lv 40. Book of Dreams, Draw Back, Glacies, Atk/Spd Solo 4, Spd/Res Snag, Joint Drive Atk

A!M!Corrin: Lv 40+2. Glittering Breath (Def), Rally Up Atk+, Blue Flame, Atk/Res Bond 4,  Special Spiral, Joint Hone Atk, Brazen Atk/Res 3

A!F!Corrin: Lv 40+8. Glittering Breath (Def), Rally Up Res+, Blue Flame, Distant Counter, Null-Follow Up, Joint Drive Atk, Hone Dragons

Xander: Lv 38. Pegasus Carrot, Dance, Atk/Def Solo 4, Rouse Spd/Def, Distant Def 3

Well, my Adrift M!Corrin seems to like me. At only +1 lvl40 he has 49HP, 53Atk, 36Spd, 31Def, and 24Res. He also wound up with Water Breath+ (Atk refine), Shove, Moonbow, Distant Ward, Null C-Disrupt 3, and Pulse Smoke 3 (no seal yet.)

Also, I'm not sure what I did to my Dancing Xander but he's kind of weirdly useful. He has his Dusk Uchiwa+ (+Atk refine), Dance, Blue Flame, Close Counter, Vantage 3, Panic Smoke 3, and Distant Def 3. He's also +5 and keeps being that one unit who survives the maps, even when the others die. His stats are 43HP, 51Atk, 19Spd, 37Def, and 18Res at lvl40.

Cleared Chamber 25.

Ironically, you'd think I would be using the two Corrins considering I know how to use them (you learn things when you +10 someone), but Xander was surprisingly competent when he got Pumpkin-a-box +Atk and Fury 4, tanking a number of ranged bow hits. Camilla got the counter-vantage build @XRay mentioned before with a Bladetome (since that's also something he likes to mention, bladetomes), and the two Corrins... really were just Rally users for Camilla. By the end there were a number of enemies who either were stronger than expected or were able to take a hit from Camilla's boosted attack and resulted in her defeat, so unfortunately I'm not completely sold on Counter-Vantage yet... but I'm certainly sold on a bulky Dancer.
...I'm not discounting the fact that by Chamber 20 these mofos are being boosted beyond the cheese of usual bladetome attacks.

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

By the end there were a number of enemies who either were stronger than expected or were able to take a hit from Camilla's boosted attack and resulted in her defeat, so unfortunately I'm not completely sold on Counter-Vantage yet...

Counter-Vantage is better in PvP than in PvE. In PvP, players cannot just give their own units bullshit bulk like how the developers can.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm excited about the Hubert in this upcoming HoF. 

Aware he's not the best mage by a long shot, but I'mma fan of the character, and a chance to +10 him before the timeskip version inevitably gets released without having to invest in a bullshit amount of orbs will be nice.  Will be the first Forma character I pick up. Maaaaybe Edelgard if she turns out broken.

Cleared Floor 20 on the first day! Hubert is the MVP so far, it's hard to go wrong with mages in this mode. Edelgard and Claude both got movement assists, which is very nice.

ZUTCrsE.jpghFOIhMc.jpgm4hr8sJ.jpgU47xXFV.jpg

On 11/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, kradeelav said:

Well, I'm excited about the Hubert in this upcoming HoF. 

Aware he's not the best mage by a long shot, but I'mma fan of the character, and a chance to +10 him before the timeskip version inevitably gets released without having to invest in a bullshit amount of orbs will be nice.  Will be the first Forma character I pick up. Maaaaybe Edelgard if she turns out broken.

Bear in mind that Forma Soul units just keep their skills, not their merges.

I got walled on C19 by a Sheena of all things. Edel was the only unit I could use to bait the map, the rest would all die. But she'd be in a place where I wouldn't be able to save her. 
Claude has Fresweep so he was hitting like a noodle, Dimitri got one rounded, Hubert Dinked her because of that Res stat.

So Ch 19 gotten after that, but no 20 on day one.

I've got 19 through 25 left to go and have:

Edelgard (Lv. 34): Victorious Axe, -, Blue Flame, Atk/Def Unity, Lull Atk/Def 3, Joint Drive Spd, -
Dimitri (Lv. 35): Noble Lance, Rally Up Atk+, Growing Thunder, Atk/Def Unity, Spd/Def Ruse 3, -, -
Claude (Lv. 36): Cunning Bow, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Close Counter, -, Joint Drive Spd, -
Hubert (Lv. 34): Raudrfox+ (+Spd), Rally Up Res+, Blazing Thunder, Atk/Def Unity, -, Joint Hone Atk, Spd Feint 3

Yeah, almost everyone ended up with Atk/Def Unity (except Claude, who instead was fortunate enough to draw Close Counter). Also, Hubert was offered Tomato Tome+ at least three times because of course he was.

On 11/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, Othin said:

Bear in mind that Forma Soul units just keep their skills, not their merges.

I ... did not know this, thank you.  You'd think they'd have that kind of information written pretty clearly. 

General question, then - if I have a non-Forma 5*+1 merge, can I merge that one into the Forma!Hubert for him to be 5*+2?  (Probably not going to change anything for me, but it *would* be nice to at least start stacking merges.... argh.)

Still pretty happy with him with a Repo/Glimmer/Sturdy Impact/Lull AtkRes3/Rouse AtkRes 3/Heavy Blade 3 tho. \o/  At least I'll finally have a halfway decent mage nuke.

Edited by kradeelav

My winning streak did not continue today. Lost twice on Floor 21, then the third time I didn't even try it since it looked like a bad matchup and went for training on an earlier floor instead.

Just now, kradeelav said:

I ... did not know this, thank you.  You'd think they'd have that kind of information written pretty clearly. 

General question, then - if I have a non-Forma 5*+1 merge, can I merge that one into the Forma!Hubert for him to be 5*+2?  (Probably not going to change anything for me, but it *would* be nice to at least start stacking merges.... argh.)

Still pretty happy with him with a Glimmer/Sturdy Impact/Lull AtkRes3/Rouse AtkRes 3/Heavy Blade 3 tho. \o/  At least I'll finally have a halfway decent mage nuke.

I think they're pretty clear about it. It's listed in bold in the Forma Soul section of the event notification.

And yes, you can make a +2 Forma Hubert that way.

1 hour ago, kradeelav said:

Still pretty happy with him with a Repo/Glimmer/Sturdy Impact/Lull AtkRes3/Rouse AtkRes 3/Heavy Blade 3 tho. \o/  At least I'll finally have a halfway decent mage nuke.

It's quite hard to miss actually, they've been very clear about this.

Also, if going for a forma, always take a Rally+ skill once you're done with the HoF itself. Always take a special like Ruptured Sky/Blue Flame/Deadeye(In case of Archers). Other than that, red tomes have rather limited options, so I'd take the Blade tome. Other than that, I'd only add panic/pulse smoke/time's pulse as the C skill.

So something like Blade/Raly+/Ruptured/Sturdy impact/Lull Atk Res/Panic Smoke would be great.

I myself finished today, now I'll just take the daily rewards. these units are not projects and thus there is no reason for me to grab them. they'll never be +10, and thus their extra skills are wasted on me.

3 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

It's quite hard to miss actually, they've been very clear about this.

Also, if going for a forma, always take a Rally+ skill once you're done with the HoF itself. Always take a special like Ruptured Sky/Blue Flame/Deadeye(In case of Archers). Other than that, red tomes have rather limited options, so I'd take the Blade tome. Other than that, I'd only add panic/pulse smoke/time's pulse as the C skill.

So something like Blade/Raly+/Ruptured/Sturdy impact/Lull Atk Res/Panic Smoke would be great.

In my defense i only started a few months ago and basically never done a HoF for real other than the daily rewards.

Appreciate the extra advice there, though!  For sure will take those options if they come up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Claude carried that quite effectively. Hubert to, and he didn't even get to take particular advantage of the Raventome I gave him.

Made use of Rally Atk/Spd+ and Rally Def/Res+ with Atk/Spd Ruse and Def/Res Ruse, so the enemy was almost always heavily debuffed and couldn't get specials. Edelgard wound up being the Reposition user largely, and Dimitri... well, he got some kills to. As for their loadouts by the end...

• Edelgard: +2. Victorious Axe, Reposition, Escutcheon, Fortify Res 4, Drive Atk SS (she got the last 2 skills at the very end, so they made pretty much no difference)
  • Dimitri: +2. Noble Lance, Rally Def/Res+, Death Blow 4, Atk/Spd Ruse, Atk/Spd Gap
  • Claude: +7. Cunning Bow, Rally Def/Res+, Moonbow, Close Foil, Chill Spd, Panic Smoke, Swift Sparrow SS
  • Hubert: +2. Raventome, Rally Atk/Spd+, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Def/Res Ruse, Panic Smoke

Now to try and get some good skills on Claude when I Forma Soul him...

Wish I could get Edelgard's forma as I have some interesting skills like, Atk/Def Unity and the extra merge will be really helpful especially since I don't have a good nature on her anyway. However, I am proud of my F2P status and I don't even consider to breaking it. 

Claude carried me really hard. He had his weapon, Atk/Def Solo 4, Spd/Res Rouse 3 and Atk Smoke and he was doing everything. Dimitri became a support-bot. Didn't even Level up Hubert. 

• 2 months later...