Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This month in Hall of Forms: Fallen Julia, Masquerade Eldigan, Masquerade Lachesis, Masquerade Ethlyn.

This Hall of Forms was hilarious for me because I'm already quite familiar with building dancers for combat, so this ended up being my easiest Hall in a while... which is good, because only Ethlyn got her Dance early, and she was the one who didn't want it so she could get Danced herself and kill shit. Lachesis only rolled Dance at about five or six floors left, and Eldigan never got it at all.

Now for the real challenge: figuring out how the fuck I'm going to tackle Forma Souling three dancers, especially when I already have one of them at +10.

Welp, Fallen Julia almost trivialized the entire hall, but Dancer Ethlyn patched up what Julia couldn't handle herself.

• Only goal with Julia was to get Atk/Res Menace on her. The rest of her kit would be fairly flexible thanks to how much her default kit already works in her favor... and I got ARmenace on like the 2nd time giving her a skill. From there, she was free to get Dark Scripture, Draw Back, Astra, Mirror Impact, and Light and Darkness and clear up pretty much everything.
  • Ethlyn ended with Bone Carver+Res, Rally Up Res+, Glimmer, Life and Death, ARfar trace, and Atk/Def Menace. Thanks to Bone Carver she could actually net a few extra points of damage onto this one Hardin who tried to get in the way, and otherwise she was just a great asset to have around.
  • Neither Eldigan nor Lachesis got much higher than level 30, they wound up being pure Dancers. Eldigan did get Ninja Naginata for the occasional melee hitting and Cross Spur Atk to ensure some kills that otherwise would not happen without compromising Julia's solo effects. Lachesis picked up Dragonslasher and Mystic Boost SS in case she ever needed to attack a dragon (never happened) as well as Geyser Dance which almost never made any meaningful difference.

Okay then, hope I can get some good skills on Ethlyn and Julia!

Edited by Xenomata

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2022 at 9:15 AM, jameslove001 said:

So, I have never actually used a Forma. And both Lyn and Eliwood intrigue me. Are either unit actually worth investing in?

It depends on whether you need something useful right now, or if you are willing to risk and wait for something better.

If you want to break modern tanks right now, Eliwood: Marquess Pherae would be your best option, and I recommend getting the following skills:

Ninja Naginata — (Any Weapon that is hard to obtain or only available from Grail units)
(Any Rally) — Harsh Command
Ruptured Sky
Surge Sparrow — Atk/Spd Catch
S/D Near Trace — Flow Guard — Windsweep
Fatal Smoke — Atk Smoke — Spd Smoke — Def/Res Smoke (I am not sure if this skill is available yet)

Since he will be using his own exclusive Weapon most of the time for combat performance anyways, you might not find Ninja Naginata as useful for breaking tanks. If you are into dressing up your characters a bit, you can consider getting them a rare Weapon for looks. I personally do not care for appearances that much, so I would stick with Ninja Naginata just in case I encounter an extremely rare situation where Ninja Naginata would be the better option, but I do not think it is necessary.

— — — — — — —

Lyn: Lady of the Beach has an absolute dog crap of a Weapon, but if it gets Refined, it has the potential to be really good, and it will probably be geared towards taking out tanks since it already has armor effectiveness. I am not sure when it is going to get a Refine, so it might be a while before you will see any return on investment. I think it is worth the risk and wait since they give Lyn: Lady of the Wind and Sue decent Refines.

Ninja Yumi — Whitecap Bow — (Any Weapon that is hard to obtain or only available from Grail units)
(Any Rally) — Harsh Command
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Catch
S/D Far Trace — Windsweep
Fatal Smoke — Spd/Def Rein — Def/Res Smoke

While there is a potential for her Refine to be really good, it is not guaranteed. I recommend playing it safe and give her Ninja Yumi or Whitecap Bow just in case her Refine turns out to be complete bullshit, rather than a fun Weapon for appearances, so she will still be useful no matter what. I personally lean towards Ninja Yumi for guaranteed true damage against slow tanks, but Whitecap Bow is not bad either as it is a bit better for Sweeping faster units.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:15 AM, jameslove001 said:

Also, If you merge them do you get the plus ten or just the maxed out unit?

Merging them during the event will not give you a merged unit at the end. The only thing you keep would be the skills.