Hall of Forms: The FEH Roguelike mode

Zapp Branniglenn

New units announced! This time, we get to play with sigurd, Lewyn, Quan and eldigan.

ive used Sigurd briefly before, and I like using Lewyn. Never had the other 2, but I’m sure this is going to be 100000000% better and easier than the last time lol.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prfs have always shown up about that fast to me. Haven't started this event yet though because I forgot (been playing a lot less for a couple weeks now).

EDIT: Just did my three battles for the day. Battle 1, Mysteltainn[special]. Battle 2, Divine Tyrfine. Battle 3, Forseti.

Edited by Humanoid

Well...I passed up on Forseti because I saw Null Follow-Up in the same roll, and figured it would be more likely for Forseti to show up again.

It hasn’t shown up again. And of course, he’s got almost every other component of a good Forseti build, too (Glimmer, Flashing Blade 4, Null Follow-Up, Atk/Spd Oath).

I’m annoyed.

Edited by LordFrigid

I got Forseti and Gae Bolg, then passed up Tyrfing in favor of Distant Ward. Hopefully it'll show up again at some point.

Then in my fourth round, Distant Ward showed up a second time in a row for Eldigan this time, but I decided I already had that covered well enough with Sigurd and gave him Reposition instead. I've been frustrated enough by lack of good movement skills in past halls.

I almost did it one go. I fatfingered and got stuck with Forseti Swift Sparrow 3, WATERSWEEP Lewyn on the last two maps. 

So yeah, good bye follow ups and good bye ORKO every unit on the map. So I lost twice, will end it tomorrow.

I LOVE THIS SQUAD SO MUCH

THIS GAME IS GIVING ME MEMES AND I'M ROLLING WITH IT

Sigurd: Lv 33. Divine Tyrfing, Pivot, Ignis, Atk/Spd Link, Even Atk Wave

Quan: Lv 33. Tannenboom! (Res), Reposition, Life and Death 4, Lull Atk/Spd, Atk/Spd Gap

Eldigan: Lv 33. Cake Cutter (Def), Reciprocal Aid, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Mystic Boost, Spd Smoke

Lewyn: Lv 36. Forseti, Rally Up Atk+, Atk/Def Solo, Mystic Boost, Res Smoke

Yes, I absolutely passed up Gae Bolg to see Quan running around with a Christmas Tree and I have no regrets

I attempted a straight run, but lost to Shannan on floor 14. Not entirely sure how my Lewyn got doubled by the opposing Virion - I think things would have worked out if he hadn't died there.

Not much changed today, I think I grinded a smidge

Sigurd: Lv 35. Divine Tyrfing, Pivot, Ignis, Bracing Blow, Atk/Spd Link, Even Atk Wave

Quan: Lv 36. Tannenboom! (Res), Reposition, Life and Death 4, Lull Atk/Spd, Atk/Spd Gap

Eldigan: Lv 35. Cake Cutter (Def), Reciprocal Aid, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Mystic Boost, Spd Smoke

Lewyn: Lv 38. Forseti, Rally Up Atk+, Atk/Def Solo, Mystic Boost, Res Smoke, Spd/Res 2

Could have gave Lewyn Death Blow 4 but I just like the Solo. I love this Quan, though~ Can I keep him IS plz

Someone PLEASE tell me what is happening here!

Sigurd (35): Divine Tyrfing, Reposition, Blue Flame, Distant Ward, Crusader's Ward, Close Guard 3, Chill Spd 3.
Quan (40): Gae Bolg, (none), Aether, Atk/Spd Form 3, Lull Spd/Def 3, Spd Smoke 3, Chill Atk 3.
Eldigan (36): Mystetainn (unique), Draw Back, Dragon Fang, (none), Atk/Res Link 3, Def Smoke 3, Swift Sparrow 2.
Lewyn (40): Forseti, Draw Back, (none), Flashing Blade 4, Renewal 3. Pulse Smoke 3, Spd/Res 2.

Sigurd baits mages, Quan destroys anything that isn't green, and Lewyn murders everything Quan doesn't.  Eldigan works as physical bait or something, but I'd much rather have QR3 in his B slot.  Pretty effective, even if my strategy is to kill Elidgan/Sigurd, and let Quan/Lewyn mop up.

Was finding it hard not to end up with Lewyn getting every opening kill on every map. Fortunately Quan just managed to pick up Distant Ward so I now have an alternate opening to maps and can balance out the skills a bit better.

Still haven't used any recharges mind you, so level 22 only.

On 2/15/2020 at 3:33 PM, Landmaster said:

Not much changed today, I think I grinded a smidge

Sigurd: Lv 35. Divine Tyrfing, Pivot, Ignis, Bracing Blow, Atk/Spd Link, Even Atk Wave

Quan: Lv 36. Tannenboom! (Res), Reposition, Life and Death 4, Lull Atk/Spd, Atk/Spd Gap

Eldigan: Lv 35. Cake Cutter (Def), Reciprocal Aid, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Mystic Boost, Spd Smoke

Lewyn: Lv 38. Forseti, Rally Up Atk+, Atk/Def Solo, Mystic Boost, Res Smoke, Spd/Res 2

Could have gave Lewyn Death Blow 4 but I just like the Solo. I love this Quan, though~ Can I keep him IS plz

we need to get you a Daddy Quan, and a Christmas Tree now. 

Ugh... I hate the mismatch of Player Phase and Enemy Phase units.

It is either Lewyn being damn near useless or the other three cavs being damn near useless depending on my opening move. Lewyn cannot support the other three and the other three just dies without a healer backing them up.

The lack of variety of skills is also stupid. They should at least put up 3 options per slot. Lewyn is at like +8 and still got no A, B, nor C cause all the options are absolute shit.

I ended up finishing these guys up when I was without my laptop and have just spent the past few days trying to get Sigurd Distant Counter, and failing~ But I will give the final updates on their builds~

Sigurd: Lv 40+10. Divine Tyrfing, Reposition, Ignis, Atk/Spd Push 4, Crusader's Ward, Even Atk Wave, Heavy Blade

Quan: Lv 40+3. Tannenboom! (Res), Reposition, Gilmmer, Life and Death 4, Lull Atk/Spd, Goad Cavalry, Fierce Stance 3

Eldigan: Lv 40+4. Cake Cutter (Def), Harsh Command+, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Mystic Boost, Spd Smoke, Wind Boost 3

Lewyn: Lv 40+4. Forseti, Rally Up Atk+, Atk/Def Solo, Mystic Boost, Res Smoke, Spd/Res 2

Edited by Landmaster

My run wasn't terribly bad, I think. I mean, in comparison to the first HoF it was downright terrible, but it wasn't anywhere close to the second HoF so I count that as an improvement. I still think it's major bullshit how aLmOsT eVeRy FuCkInG sKiLl had something to do with Res. I don't want to have to patch up the stupid weaknesses IS gave them, I want to play to their strengths. That being said, I got lucky quite a bit too. "Every" is a tiny overstatement (and I meant tiny, I'm not underestimating anything).

For Sigurd, I made him +1 and gave him Sandfort Spade+ (+Def), Rally Def/Res+, Ignis, Distant Counter, Lull Atk Spd 3, Panic Smoke 3 and Fortress Def 3. He ended up being the bait some of the time due to DC, though it didn't go that well as often as I'd have liked.
For Quan, he went up to +4 and got Gae Bolg, Reposition, Glimmer, Death Blow 4, Atk/Spd Link 3, Odd Atk Wave 3, and Atk Smoke 3. He was my main offensive unit, and he did a fairly good job of it. It's just too bad he got creamed by ALL THE FUCKING MAGES.
Lionheart got up to +1 and got Dark Mystletainn, Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Death Blow 4, Atk/Def Link 3, Ward Cavalry, and Fortress Res 3. It's fair to say that he was (attempting to be) my anti-dragon unit. He failed spectacularly due to his low Res, but at least he tried. Ward Cavalry did make things a little better, but it just wasn't meant to be. He was level 28 when I got everyone else to level 40.
Lewyn got up to +3 and obviously had the best growth out of everyone else (even Quan). He had Forseti, Smite, Ruptured Sky, Swift Sparrow 3, Atk/Res Link 3, Atk/Spd Oath 3, and Spur Atk 3. I was hoping for Special Spiral for Ruptured Sky spam, but IS doesn't exactly like their playerbase being satisfied with anything...that said, it was a fairly good build. Forseti combined with Swift Sparrow 3 and Atk/Spd Oath 3 meant that he got up to 54 Spd when initiating on a turn he started out adjacent to someone. If you replaced his B with Special Spiral and his seal with Swift Sparrow 2 or another good skill, it'd actually be a great build for regular FEH.

All-in-all, it was meh. It wasn't as good as the first round, but it was loads better than the second one (nothing could get worse than the second one...not that I want IS to test that...). The challenge of pitting a bunch of low-Res cavalry units against mages and anti-cavalry units was annoying, but it wasn't unbeatable. The real annoyance I had to deal with was the Res-oriented inheritance. With pretty much any other units it wouldn't have been that bad, but they meaningfully gave us units that had less than 20 base Res. Even with a Res-based build, none of them would have been able to patch up that shitshow to anything worth mentioning.
For following rounds, I'd like for IS to make the RNG more friendly to each unit's specific goals instead of trying to patch up their weaknesses — especially when their weaknesses are that glaringly obvious and unfixable. For example, units with high Def and low Spd should receive skills more useful in tanky builds, instead of skills that increase Spd. Those with low Res should receive more inheritance options for offensive builds, instead of options trying to patch up their Res.

• 2 weeks later...

Olwen is kinda wilding~

Leif: Lv 30. Bellringer (Atk), Reposition, Noontime, Atk/Def Solo, Rouse Def/Res

Finn: Lv 33. Ridersbane (Res), Reposition, Lull Atk/Spd, Spd Smoke

Reinhardt: Lv 31. Meisterschwert, Harsh Command+, Moonbow, Heavy Blade 4, Goad Cavalry

Olwen: Lv 29. Thunderhead (Eff), Rally Def/Res+, Fort. Def/Res, Lull Atk/Res, Rouse Def/Res, Swift Sparrow

I'm not sure if I'll use my Forma Soul on Leif or Finn despite how stacked this Olwen is looking~ It'll really depend on who ends up with the stupider final build~

We don't actually get any additional stamina with which to do the additional five stages do we? Worried I'll have to optimise instead of playing super casually like I have been in this mode.

27 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

We don't actually get any additional stamina with which to do the additional five stages do we? Worried I'll have to optimise instead of playing super casually like I have been in this mode.

One forma torch and I think 10 red codes for each stage clear. So a total of 15 additional runs in HoF from all previous ones. If you can actually clear the chambers, that is.

Chamber 20 was hellish enough, can't even imagine Chamber 25.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

One forma torch and I think 10 red codes for each stage clear. So a total of 15 additional runs in HoF from all previous ones. If you can actually clear the chambers, that is.

Chamber 20 was hellish enough, can't even imagine Chamber 25.

With a Blade mage around, I feel a lot better tackling more difficult maps.

I am not a huge fan of how they are just mashing a bunch of units together without thinking how well they will do together. The skill selection can also be pretty horrible.

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not a huge fan of how they are just mashing a bunch of units together without thinking how well they will do together. The skill selection can also be pretty horrible.

Oh yeah.  Tactics skills are out, since Leif is the only one that benefits from them.  I also haven't been seeing much in the way of out-of-combat stat boosts, which means my Olwen's not hitting as hard as she could.

DC Rein is funny, though.