Who should marry who?

Melio2.0

Hi! I've been playing Fire emblem for years now and I've finally gotten up the guts to play lunatic in Awakening, and I was wondering who's the best marriage partner for each girl? I'm not going by support convos, I want to make all of the kids as strong as possible. BTW, my MU is a girl, but I'm pairing her with Frederick, and I'm pairing Chrom with Sumia. Both of those pairing are non-negotiable, but as far as everyone else; fire away!

Tharja x Henry 

Nowi x Donnel - Pass down Aptitude then reclass her to mercenary to get armsthrift her high luck will help

Sully x Virion

Olivia x Lon'qu

Lissa x Stahl 

Miriel x Ricken

Maribelle x Gaius

Vaike x Cherche

Panne x Libra 

5 hours ago, Melio2.0 said:

Hi! I've been playing Fire emblem for years now and I've finally gotten up the guts to play lunatic in Awakening, and I was wondering who's the best marriage partner for each girl? I'm not going by support convos, I want to make all of the kids as strong as possible. BTW, my MU is a girl, but I'm pairing her with Frederick, and I'm pairing Chrom with Sumia. Both of those pairing are non-negotiable, but as far as everyone else; fire away!

How about you just pair whomever you want with whoever you want?

Sumia is okay as Lucina's mother so you'll get a passable Lucina at least but Frederick is not Morgan's best father.  Morgan's best father is a second generation father, bar Yarne because beast killer weapon weakness and a not so good class.

9 hours ago, Melio2.0 said:

BTW, my MU is a girl, but I'm pairing her with Frederick,

😄

Frederick fangirl here and this makes me smile. I always married Robin to him and nobody else! He's just the best. :3

But as for who is best with who other than the pairs you've already gone with... I don't really know much about that, but I do know that you can't really go wrong with giving Stahl any wife, as he's the best, or at least one of the best fathers in the game due to what he can pass down. I personally give him Cordelia, but that's because I really liked their support. I didn't really optimize.

Oh, and apparently Sully wants Donnel or Gaius because then Kjelle can get the Pegasus knight line which she can't get otherwise, and that class line includes the ever powerful Galeforce skill.

Edited by Anacybele

On 10/10/2019 at 9:26 PM, Anacybele said:

😄

Frederick fangirl here and this makes me smile. I always married Robin to him and nobody else! He's just the best. :3

But as for who is best with who other than the pairs you've already gone with... I don't really know much about that, but I do know that you can't really go wrong with giving Stahl any wife, as he's the best, or at least one of the best fathers in the game due to what he can pass down. I personally give him Cordelia, but that's because I really liked their support. I didn't really optimize.

Oh, and apparently Sully wants Donnel or Gaius because then Kjelle can get the Pegasus knight line which she can't get otherwise, and that class line includes the ever powerful Galeforce skill.

Sounds like a good idea! You're also correct about me being a Frederick fangirl, lol😂 I don't care if he not the best father in the game, I just like him as a character.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:16 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

How about you just pair whomever you want with whoever you want?

Sumia is okay as Lucina's mother so you'll get a passable Lucina at least but Frederick is not Morgan's best father.  Morgan's best father is a second generation father, bar Yarne because beast killer weapon weakness and a not so good class.

Because I honestly don't know who would have the stronger kid over all, though I've looked into it and read other responses on here to find out. I feel like I have a good idea, but wanted others opinions. 

I'm also aware that Frederick's obviously not going to make Morgan a killing machine, but he's non-negotiable for the fact as stated up above, I'm a Frederick fangirl. 

As for Chrom and Sumia, I've read plenty of posts that say Olivia's best, but that just about anyone (besides that mystery lady he marries if he has no supports with a unmarried girl unit) makes a good Lucina, Sumia definitely not being a exception.

Edited by Melio2.0

On 10/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

Tharja x Henry 

Nowi x Donnel - Pass down Aptitude then reclass her to mercenary to get armsthrift her high luck will help

Sully x Virion

Olivia x Lon'qu

Lissa x Stahl 

Miriel x Ricken

Maribelle x Gaius

Vaike x Cherche

Panne x Libra 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Melio2.0 said:

Sounds like a good idea! You're also correct about me being a Frederick fangirl, lol😂 I don't care if he not the best father in the game, I just like him as a character.

I was actually saying I was a Frederick fangirl, but that's awesome regardless! XD I completely adore him!

It depends on what you're looking for: Good supports, Good support bonus, or good kid units. 

For good supports, here are ones I recommend:

- Stahl and Panne: This one is also good in terms of support bonuses, but I like this one because it is absolutely hilarious. 

- Lon'qu and Cherche: Cherche knows the reason he's scared of women and she helps him through it.

If not Lon'qu, then Vaike's also good because he gets along with her wyvern Minerva.

EDIT: I did not see the part where you said you're not going for support conversations, but good kid units. Ignore everything I said here. 

Edited by vanguard333

MU x Chrom, and then solo the game with those two. Honestly. It's arguably the easiest way to do the game- you'll obviously have to use the Fred for the beginning levels, but afer MU gets going, she gets going. And then she kills everything. 

In reality, I can't really say much but reiterate what was said above- and I'm partially serious about the solo. 

Edited by Mukmuk

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

It depends on what you're looking for: Good supports, Good support bonus, or good kid units. 

For good supports, here are ones I recommend:

- Stahl and Panne: This one is also good in terms of support bonuses, but I like this one because it is absolutely hilarious. 

- Lon'qu and Cherche: Cherche knows the reason he's scared of women and she helps him through it.

If not Lon'qu, then Vaike's also good because he gets along with her wyvern Minerva.

EDIT: I did not see the part where you said you're not going for support conversations, but good kid units. Ignore everything I said here. 

Lol, I aight. I'll be sure to remember that next time I play hard mode instead of lunatic

27 minutes ago, Melio2.0 said:

Lol, I aight. I'll be sure to remember that next time I play hard mode instead of lunatic

Thanks for understanding. 

As far as maximizing the benefit of the child characters... yeah; I can't really help with that. It's been a number of years since I played Awakening.

I guess it would help to know which characters you plan on benching and which ones you plan to keep using; especially since you're playing on Lunatic.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:20 PM, vanguard333 said:

Thanks for understanding. 

As far as maximizing the benefit of the child characters... yeah; I can't really help with that. It's been a number of years since I played Awakening.

I guess it would help to know which characters you plan on benching and which ones you plan to keep using; especially since you're playing on Lunatic.

I'm not quite sure yet. I know once I get further in I'll probably ditch Gauis, Virian, Miriel and just possibly Kellam (but I have a feeling I'll end up needing to keep him, at least till I get the kids), but as far as everybody else, I haven't decided yet. If exp or weapons get scarce, I have the dlc

On 10/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, Mukmuk said:

MU x Chrom, and then solo the game with those two. Honestly. It's arguably the easiest way to do the game- you'll obviously have to use the Fred for the beginning levels, but afer MU gets going, she gets going. And then she kills everything. 

In reality, I can't really say much but reiterate what was said above- and I'm partially serious about the solo. 

Dude, she already said multiple times that she's going Robin x Frederick and not changing that.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, she already said multiple times that she's going Robin x Frederick and not changing that.

Pshhhhhh........... Oops. I don't pay attention. 

Well, I have nothing else to say.