Strategy for FE6 Chapter 21 without Warp staff

Maddie

There are too many wyvern knights to deal with and i'm finding it really hard to keep everyone alive as i'm jammed in the northeast corner and they reinforcements never stop coming. Also for 21x i'm supposed to complete it in 30 turns. Could someone give a general strategy to get to the boss without being destroyed?

image.png.224cb1b6bb3b4b031b23c2cc021b1e54.png

A huge thing I did not know the first time I played this map was how reinforcement zones worked, you should just flat out avoid them. This link helps explain the map quite a bit https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe6/guiafe6/ENG_cap21.htm

Honestly the first time I played this map without a guide it was probably among the most grueling/frustrating experiences I've had in fire emblem, but if you know how to basically cheat how the devs made the game you can just ferry units over mountains or just blitz past the reinforcement zones. FE6 should not be played blind, too much bullshit in this game at times.

I was playing blind until now but this was completely BS. I'm doing it now and the lack of reinforcements is great but the crappy hitrate against the Dragon masters is really racking up my turn count so I had to restart again. I want to finish the game so I'll just get through it. Are the chapters after this map even worse?

13 minutes ago, Edegard1902 said:

I was playing blind until now but this was completely BS. I'm doing it now and the lack of reinforcements is great but the crappy hitrate against the Dragon masters is really racking up my turn count so I had to restart again. I want to finish the game so I'll just get through it. Are the chapters after this map even worse?

21x is a map that you just should rush through, literal manaketes hiding in chests, probably the largest "fuck you" I've seen in the series

22 is cool final map but feels just a bit long for me but maybe you'd like it. Zephiel is tough

23 I personally dislike this map as well, feels like a scrambled mess of status staves/long ballista/Wyverns

24 Hope you saved your divine weapons/hammerine because there's nothing but dragons in this map where you need to sieze 8 times. Cool in concept tedious execution, basically FE6 in a nutshell for me.

25: Idunn, easiest final boss in the franchise in a small room, where 0% growths roy almost two-shots her and she can't retaliate at range like every other dragon in the game. Only the Binding Blade deals effective damage.

I generally find the map quality in this game pretty frustrating, I'll never understand why the FE sub reddit considers it one of the better games in the series outside of enemies actually having stats relative to FE7 and 8.

Edited by SubwayBossEmmett

Wouldn't say it's a breeze afterwards considering Brunya's map is frustrating but this map is the hardest you have left for sure. 

The only one I dread more is the fog desert one.

5 minutes ago, SubwayBossEmmett said:

21x is a map that you just should rush through, literal manaketes hiding in chests, probably the largest "fuck you" I've seen in the series

22 is cool final map but feels just a bit long for me but maybe you'd like it. Zephiel is tough

23 I personally dislike this map as well, feels like a scrambled mess of status staves/long ballista/Wyverns

24 Hope you saved your divine weapons/hammerine because there's nothing but dragons in this map where you need to sieze 8 times. Cool in concept tedious execution, basically FE6 in a nutshell for me.

25: Idunn, easiest final boss in the franchise in a small room, where 0% growths roy almost two-shots her and she can't retaliate at range like every other dragon in the game. Only the Binding Blade deals effective damage.

I generally find the map quality in this game pretty frustrating, I'll never understand why the FE sub reddit considers it one of the better games in the series outside of enemies actually having stats relative to FE7 and 8.

I was actually really enjoying it until Chapter 14 onwards. There were only a couple chapters afterwards that I actually enjoyed. I might like Chapter 22 because I absolutely love Zephiel and it is kind of an endgame map not counting the true end.

My strategy takes the route with less wyverns. That is, take the path all the way to the south, and around the mountain. Don't rush it, only if you want to get killed. Got any bows and Aircaliburs ready, use them where you find a window. Fliers can also do a great job, except Juno. Obviously you can bait and then kill as many from their rush a you can, and then prepare for the next waves. Don't worry about the turn limit, 30 should be enough with a normal pace. If you have a strong axe unit, you can place him on a mountain tile in the middle to lure the lance wielding wyvern in the final stretch. There are no mages with status staves, but approach the one with the Bolting tome carefully.

Let me know if you got stuck in another chapter. Also which units are your best at the moment?

@Garlyle I somehow got luck avoiding the reinforcements and then realised they only spawn in 3 turns in a row after my _th attempt and just defended for 3 turns then oneshotted the boss with Lillina. I got through the other chapter really easily at least on Friday.

• 3 years later...

A good strategy?

First of all, use Dieck and Shanna. Fully level up their supports and make sure to level them both up, even past promotion. Place them always in close vicinity and give Dieck several axes and give Shanna any lance weapons aside from the Steel Lance. This provides an easy way to get through the reinforcements as both will almost always dodge and retaliate with both criticals and follow-up attacks. If they do not defeat any enemies that come their way, use Sue, Lance, or Saul to finish them off. See here I brought along Hugh, who can easily cut down pre-promoted Wyvern Knights, Knights, and Archers on this map at range-1.

Or...you could use a Phase cheat from one of those really old forums. Take Roy, Lillina, and either Dieck/Shanna or Rutger all the way down to Murdock and chip away at him with coordinated magic attacks, or criticals. I'm playing my 5th run of this game on an (further updated) English patch which also raises growth rates and "nerfs" many enemies and bosses. I level my units up to Level 20 before promotion, and even still, this is one of the maps that I struggle on. (Aside from the first Sacae map with the two circles of huts surrounding the boss.) This is as far as I've gotten...

Left: Shanna, Dieck. Middle: Hugh, Rutger. Top: Raigh

Screenshot 2023-04-24 1.58.26 PM.png

Edited by A.G. Zhark
I wanted people to know what units I used just in case anyone asks, as this could affect my strategy. Also included an added tip for using Hugh, as he has potential.