Nudity Should Be A Human Right

XRay

Thousands of years ago, mankind was a collection of small tribes in east Africa. We were soft, and we were weak, but God had imbued us with rational capacity. With that blessing, we wove ourselves clothing. Clothes adapted us to forbidden habitats, and we spread to all corners of the globe.
The flax gave us shade and the wool gave us warmth.
We elevated this pragmatic creation to an art, creating clothes and armor of striking beauty.

Though we were often misguided, the civilizations which have most prospered and most persisted were the ones which acted with some minimal level of decency.

"I would like to expose my genitals in public places where children exist"
Truly God's judgement could end humanity at any time we would have no just complaint about it.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

40 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Truly God's judgement could end humanity at any time we would have no just complaint about it.

Because children should never know genitals exist?

That was sarcasm btw.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, Michelaar said:

The only place I'm naked is in the shower. I wear clothes pretty much all the time otherwise since I am cold quite often, and I am just not comfortable with my own body like that to just put it on display for everyone to see. I wouldn't be very comfortable either with seeing other people walking naked around the streets. Also that can get VERY awkward for guys VERY quick. Just sayin.

Exactly the same for me honestly. Seeing people walking down the street naked would be too uncomfortable.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, Michelaar said:

The only place I'm naked is in the shower. I wear clothes pretty much all the time otherwise since I am cold quite often, and I am just not comfortable with my own body like that to just put it on display for everyone to see. I wouldn't be very comfortable either with seeing other people walking naked around the streets. Also that can get VERY awkward for guys VERY quick. Just sayin.

I get really cold quite easily too, but that's mostly because I'm pretty thin.

Which is weird since I live in Michigan and Michigan is really cold.

On 10/11/2019 at 11:52 AM, Emperor_Siegfried said:

If this is trying to warn us about the danger of REVOCS taking over, this sort of news should be a lot more urgently spread around.  Me, I'll just be the last remaining Hanes guy.

The only reason I'll go naked in public is if the Life Fibers tried to take over.

On 10/12/2019 at 5:00 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Truly God's judgement could end humanity at any time we would have no just complaint about it. -Provided the nudity wasn't a sincere expression of asceticism.

Had to throw in that clause to account for certain religious orders in India.

The tiny religion of Jainism (just a couple million followers) has two orders of monks.* One of these orders, the Digambaras, reject the wearing of clothing altogether. Clothing is a luxury, it is a comfort. Asceticism rejects earthly luxury and pleasantries. Therefore, individuals of greatest humility must spurn the protection from hot, cold, and winds, and all else provided by clothing. Such monks are only allowed two possessions in life: a drinking gourd for carrying water, and a hand-fan/brush to move aside all tiny organisms, rather than harm the precious lives by stepping on them. They are otherwise at the mercy of the Jain community for sustenance and support. Jain saints are always depicted naked.

Hinduism, the religion of the majority of India (alongside a large Muslim minority which is currently undergoing persecution by a "nationalist" government), has holy men generically called "Sadhus". Many of these ascetics, for reasons I do not know, but may relate to the sacrifice of worldly comforts like the Jains, often go naked or close to it, wearing only a small loincloth. Although some, for reasons I do know either, do apply what I assume is ashes to their bodies for a grey-blue appearance. Perhaps its ashes-to-ashes, a recognition of mortality. Perhaps its because Vishnu and Shiva- particularly Shiva who is fairly ascetic among the deities despite having a wife and two kids- because both gods are frequently depicted with blue skin. Either way, Sadhus do travel around in public places, asking for alms to live in exchange for blessings.

*Neither order of nuns in Jainism allows for the ascetic women to be naked. Nor, are there female Sadhus in Hinduism. Jainism has historically had large quantities of nuns, more than monks, but they all must wear clothing. They are subject upon initiation to having all the hair on their heads removed, not shaved, but pulled out by hand. This is a painful process, but such is aestheticism. For Hindu women, asceticism isn't really an option, passionate and deeply devoted Bhakti worship is their, clothed, avenue for showing reverence with possible(?) celibacy.

-And let it be stated this does NOT excuse Gandhi's sleeping naked with his late-teens niece when he was in his 70s to "test" his celibacy which he was obsessed with. There can be no such thing as an overload of criticism directed at him for that behavior.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 10/11/2019 at 2:32 AM, XRay said:

I hate wearing certain business/formal clothing because it is stuffy and not all that comfortable

Ok real talk, i actually agree with this specific part. Formal and buisness clothing is honestly the worst type of clothing out there (specifically for men, women's formal and buisness clothing looks like it wouldn't cause you to combust on the spot.....i think. Can any woman confirm?). Especially if you're like me and you live in hoter areas of the world, such as the uninhabitable void between dimensions known as Florida. I remember in my senior year of high school where there was a "buisness day" that all seniors were required to participate. One of the things involved was going to school in buisness clothes. It was spring time in Florida, which honestly isn't that different from summer. In other words, i was extremely hot and uncomfortable the entire day. 

It's one of the reason why i'd rather have an "at home" job. I get paid and i get to wear what i want. Although, night shifts do sound good too because that way i can work without the fiery ball of death in the sky killing me instantly. My other option is just moving north to where it's colder.

Edited by Armagon