★Tempest Trial+: A Child's Wish (Oct 14th)★

Diovani Bressan

Well I will be using OG!Hector on an armor team until I get H!Hector and Lilina.  I might do horse emblem later to SP grind Rolf who is probably going to be my bow cav merge project down the road.  Need to decide who is going to be on the teams, since I started HM grinding recently it will be interesting to use my lesser used units.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't mind the Defiant Atk seal. Using this with Bonus Doubler means that you get a total +14 Atk. Using another Defiant skill in your A slot, like Defiant Spd, gives you +7 in both stats each turn. Vengeance users have a new tool to work with. Wrazzle-Dazzle Staff units with Atk/Spd Push 4 have a tool to become even more offensive, especially if they use Miracle to keep themselves alive. Anyone using Wrath can use the Atk gained from this in combination with its +10 damage.

It's all in how you use the skills.

This is a total waste on ressources and just useless when there is:

Brazen skills for Vantage users that activate earlier and offer more in combat buffs.

Tactics skills rally+ skills Hone tier4 skills that offer way more flexibility and can hit more targets for bonus doubler.

Push tier 4 skills for razzle dazzle users.  And again Brazen Seals, which can not be paniked and work much better with push tier4 skillz

Defiant skills are a complete waste of space and ressources

14 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Anyways I like Rolf's skill set. Fury + desperation is always a nice combo to have (would be preferable on melee units because of galeforce, but oh well...). 36 speed is not too bad for desperation shenigans and he also has odd speed wave. 

Yeah, I feel the same. 

With double Fury, SPD refine, TT bonus and self buff (SPD wave) he reaches 54 SPD and his seal slot is still free. Might go with brazen ATK/DEF seal and Bonfire for him. 

14 hours ago, Etheus said:

Thank fuck for that. I still have war flashbacks of the Picnic Fiora TT bossfight and trying to autobattle that.

Yeah, Flora was hard to kill. But less because of bold fighter, it was her prf (-8 on ATK/DEF) and stats that brought the pain. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I feel the same. 

With double Fury, SPD refine, TT bonus and self buff (SPD wave) he reaches 54 SPD and his seal slot is still free. Might go with brazen ATK/DEF seal and Bonfire for him. 

Yeah, he definitely needs a brazen attack seal. Is not moonbow more practical since Rolf's defense is only average? 

The only double fury unit I have, is Valter. He has the fury, desperation, galeforce build which is great on him. And with double fury and speed seal he can reach >40 speed on his own. This gives me the idea to fodder 4* Rolf to him. 

10 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Yeah, he definitely needs a brazen attack seal. Is not moonbow more practical since Rolf's defense is only average? 

The only double fury unit I have, is Valter. He has the fury, desperation, galeforce build which is great on him. And with double fury and speed seal he can reach >40 speed on his own. This gives me the idea to fodder 4* Rolf to him. 

Rolf's Def is ok (28). With TT bonus, double Fury and brazen ATK/Def he reaches 45. You can easily apply fortify cav for 51 DEF.

With that skill set he would be able to tank most daggers and archers at 1 HP. 

Haha, I also have a Galeforce Valter (no need for speed with brash assault):

Spoiler

qjFsHCs.png

(To be fair, I have a lot of GF units and Valter is one of the lesser used). 

Edited by mampfoid

Hmm, I see. 

I mainly use hone cav for max attack power, so I did not think about bonfire. 

My Valter is merged and with hone / goat fliers support and heavy blade he can become a beast. That said I do not use him much either nowadays. I rather prefer brave weapon and galeforce users like Cherche, Cordelia and Elincia.

Edited by Ingrid Brandl Galatea

That Swift Stance seal looks really cool, I have a Zelgius build that would utilize that very well. I'll be using regular Hector as a bonus unit for this TT, I think he's not far away from 6000 HM so I'll switch to Rolf once that happens.

The little star at the start of this topic name makes me think there are new posts in this topic, but nope, it's just part of the title. >.>

Anyway, time for Oscar to get his time in the sun. Probably will just run him, Rolf and a healer for the duration of the event. Too much hassle to run regular Hector and too much work to run 4* L'Arachel.

Final map was like, FE10 has an amazing soundtrack overall, but they decided to add one of the most generic themes as final map theme. Nothing against the base theme, but this is not used just as base theme without a reason. Something like the Hymn of the Righteous, the theme to the map when Ilyana joins would have made more sense. 

Anyways a fairly easy TT. Some maps are not too friendly for cavaliers as L'Arachel user, but final map is supereasy. 

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I really wonder why they decided to take Bold Fighter off of Ilyana. Maybe they didn't want a repeat of the horror that was Flora?

Ilyana with Bold Fighter wouldn't be a problem, because in Flora's case she was adjacent to a armored unit, so she would have the armor march effect, and Flora's weapon is way better and hard to deal with than Ilyana's weapon.

On 10/12/2019 at 2:31 AM, Mercakete said:

FE9/10/13 minor spoilers follow:

Also, remember when Gatrie talks to Shinon about this girl who took all his money "to help her ailing mother" or whoever? I've had this theory for a while, but I wonder if that was Heather from FE10. Ever since the theory was born, I'd shipped those two (even though I know they don't have an ending together.) They look good together, and I liked the idea of them amending their differences and Heather seeing a charm in Gatrie's relentless trust (after all, I doubt many people she's tricked are willing to trust her after the fact.) It seems to me like they really could have had something special.

It's quite possible that Heather was the girl who tricked Gatrie. That's a good theory. But GatrieXHeather is just impossible. Because there is a reason why she tricks MEN and steals their money.

She doesn't care for men. She likes women. And not in a silly way like Soleil.

Her only interactions of note are with other girls, like how she called Elincia beautiful. On the japanese website, in a Q&A, the developers were asked why she was gay, if it was because of a trauma in the past or something. Their answer? She just is, there is no complex reason. Sometimes it really be like that.

If the developers themselves answered a question about Heather attraction to women, acting as if said attraction exists and is undeniable, I think there's little room for doubt.

There is a slim chance she could be bisexual (and I mean very slim. She only acts nice around guys when she wants something from them), but Fates and 3H gave us so many bisexuals that now I really want Heather to just be gay, so she can be more unique.

19 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

It's quite possible that Heather was the girl who tricked Gatrie. That's a good theory. But GatrieXHeather is just impossible. Because there is a reason why she tricks MEN and steals their money.

She doesn't care for men. She likes women. And not in a silly way like Soleil.

Her only interactions of note are with other girls, like how she called Elincia beautiful. On the japanese website, in a Q&A, the developers were asked why she was gay, if it was because of a trauma in the past or something. Their answer? She just is, there is no complex reason. Sometimes it really be like that.

If the developers themselves answered a question about Heather attraction to women, acting as if said attraction exists and is undeniable, I think there's little room for doubt.

There is a slim chance she could be bisexual (and I mean very slim. She only acts nice around guys when she wants something from them), but Fates and 3H gave us so many bisexuals that now I really want Heather to just be gay, so she can be more unique.

I already said that I know what the canon is, so I'm not arguing what her preferences are. I was just saying the pairing I preferred (as I said in my previous post) regardless of canon.

Edit: I just wanted to be clearer since I wrote the above response when I was tired. Basically, the difference is between objective opinion and subjective opinion.

I know and accept that Heather will probably never be interested in Gatrie (objective opinion.) But I still think that they look good next to each other, and I like the way the story could have gone if she'd come around to appreciating him more at the very least (subjective opinion.) I think it's highly likely that she was the one who robbed him in FE9 (objective opinion) and that if they'd expanded that story in 10 more than they did, it would have enriched 10's story content more (objective opinion.) I would have enjoyed it if they'd done that (subjective opinion) but ultimately, what they put into their games is their choice (objective opinion.)

Edited by Mercakete

The Task at Hand playing when fighting Ilyana gives me life~ 

They seriously chickened out taking Ilyana's bold fighter. Are we really nerfing the bosses when players have the omega tier OP powercreeped units that we have today? Nonsense, but at least it caters to the newer players.

Not sure who I'll be running for the Tempest. I'd rather not double up on blues so I think I'll build a +SPD LA'Rachel and run OG Hector/LA'Rachel/Rolf/Cav Healer for the tempest. If Rolf falters for Auto-Battle I'll just swap him out for Matthew. I have both LA!Roy and Nina so there's no shortage of Bow Valor if I want to build him on the spot.

The last stage is really beautiful! And I agree that the Task at Hand is a lovely track. I love hearing it! Though, I don't know how well it fits the actual map.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:58 AM, Hilda said:

This is a total waste on ressources and just useless when there is:

Brazen skills for Vantage users that activate earlier and offer more in combat buffs.

Tactics skills rally+ skills Hone tier4 skills that offer way more flexibility and can hit more targets for bonus doubler.

Push tier 4 skills for razzle dazzle users.  And again Brazen Seals, which can not be paniked and work much better with push tier4 skillz

Defiant skills are a complete waste of space and ressources

Prayer Wheel tho. And it;s as a seal, not as an A slot, and Hone tier 4 skills are not that common to get .

So, I gave my 5-star Rolf all of his base skills and brazen atk/spd 3 to seal on the tempest. He killed a lot of things and was a lot of use, so I gave him brazen atk/spd 3 for his A-skill from a spare Linus and gave him brazen atk/res 3 seal.

Now he's killing everything at <75% health.

Rolf should have dressed up as Oscar or Boyd, and Mist should have dressed up as Ike.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:07 PM, Glennstavos said:

So illyana's the boss hmm? Can't we just wait 5 or so turns for her to collapse from exhaustion? 

True, but I can just send my halloween Kagero to tank all the damage

Hslloween Kagero is super broken, but for some reason she gets no credit

Level 40 stats 52 atk 25 spd 35 def 36 res.. also has weapon refine

Edited by Parrhesia

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Prayer Wheel tho. And it;s as a seal, not as an A slot, and Hone tier 4 skills are not that common to get .

still a complete waste,  a tactics skill will do more for you or heck even the Earth Dance seal on Azura. Defiant skills activate condition is just garbage to even consider it as an option.

On 10/15/2019 at 3:29 AM, Zeo said:

They seriously chickened out taking Ilyana's bold fighter. Are we really nerfing the bosses when players have the omega tier OP powercreeped units that we have today? Nonsense, but at least it caters to the newer players

Ilyana not having bold fighter surly is a bad sign. We'll never get Infernal difficulty for TTs.