What do you want to see next from FE?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred next entry? (Choose top 3)

• Three Houses sequel/prequel/midquel
    • New game in a new setting
    • Sequel to another game
    • Remake
    • Port/remaster (DS, 3DS, GCN, Wii)
    • Spinoff
    • Official translations of SNES games on NSO
  2. 2. Which remake would you want the most?

• Jugdral
    • Elibe
    • Archanea
    • Other
  3. 3. Which port/remaster would you want the most?

• Shadow Dragon + Heroes of Light and Shadow remaster
    • Path of Radiance + Radiant Dawn
    • Fates Definitive Edition
    • Other
  4. 4. How would you prefer to return to Fódlan?

• Sequel which makes one of the 3H routes canon
    • Awakening style sequel set far in the future
    • Prequel
    • Midquel

I've been wondering for a while what's next for FE and also what the fanbase is hoping for. We've got 3H DLC coming for a while still, but I have to imagine IS are already working on plans for the next entry. And with FE growing bigger than ever with each new entry since Awakening, there's quite a lot of possibilities imo.

I think it's generally assumed they're working on an FE4 remake, but the director of SoV did state he wanted to do FE6 next, so it isn't a sure thing. There's also the possibility of a new Warriors game or another spinoff, remasters, and classic games being added to the Japanese Nintendo Switch Online app. That's without even considering a new game or follow up to 3H.

So what would everyone prefer to see next? For the first question, try limiting yourself to your top 3 most wanted choices. Also, if discussing possible follow ups to Three Houses, please spoiler tag anything that reveals details about the story.

I personally do want to see an FE4 remake next, as I feel it could build on the engine they've got for 3H and as it was sort of an inspiration for the story this time, it makes sense to remake it now. I'd also love a Tellius remaster double pack, as it's my favourite FE world. And finally, I'd love some sort of follow up to Three Houses,  as I think Fódlan has a lot of potential still and we haven't really had a direct sequel/prequel in a while.

Thoughts?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) New game in a new setting, Remake, Spin-off

2) Jugdral

3) Other, simply because there is no "I don't want ports/remasters" option

4) Prequel

While I'd like to see a Genealogy remake, I also fear they'd ruin it. The game has a lot of retro charm as well as writing which could be ruined very easily by new Fe tropes. While we could get a really amazing remastered soundtrack, I'm still cautious about a Genealogy remake.

Fe warriors 2 could be interesting, but honestly, I'd most like to see a third Tellius game, set far in the future with Lehran and Ashunera's new hero. Who knows, perhaps characters like Kurth, Nasir and Ena would still be around? Of course there would be an entirely new cast, though. 

Fodlan's story has ended, imo. I view it as a kinda "Magvel 2.0". I would also hope the mechanics from 3H stay far away from the inevitable FE4 remake, but alas, that is unavoidable. Ah well.

1. I would love an official translation of older FE games for NSO, but considering they released FE1 only in Japan, I am not holding up much hope.

2 and 3. Considering I absolutely loved the Archanea games but feel they have been done very dirty in the past, I would like them to be remastered for the Switch. Even if it's just a port fully translated, I would be happy. I was never a huge fan of Jugdral so I wouldn't be too excited for a remake of those games.

4. A sequel sounds pretty good to me. We still need to wait to see what the DLC brings first though.

1. I like FE so i don't really mind what we get next.
  2. However, assuming the next game is a remake, i would much rather FE6 than FE4. Am i oppposed to an FE4 remake? No. But the Jugdral series left a bad taste in my mouth because of how awful the gameplay was in those two games (my hot take of the day is that FE3 is the only enjoyable Kaga-era game). If we get an FE4 remake, extensive changes would have to be made to the gameplay before i even consider buying it. On the flip side, an FE6 remake is pretty much a day one buy for me.
  3. The Tellius games need a remaster. 
  4. My belief is that all four routes of Three Houses are canon. There is no definitive route (yet). As such, i would much rather have a prequel story (which might be the DLC). But honestly, i'm pretty satisfied with Three Houses' story. Fodlan is one of the most developed FE worlds. I'm satisfied.

Would honestly love a Jugdral remake, really interested in the worldbuilding and such. However, I'm not opposed to a new game set in a new setting as well infact that would be my second choice. Considering that three houses took off, however.. I could see IS actually made a midquel or a sequel to fodlan. 

If they do choose the fodlan route, I would prefer to see more of Dagda and Brigid (or any other countries/continent) away from fodlan with only a few minor references to said country as the next fire emblem..  

35 minutes ago, Yexin said:

3) Other, simply because there is no "I don't want ports/remasters" option

Haha understandable

36 minutes ago, Fire Brand said:

While I'd like to see a Genealogy remake, I also fear they'd ruin it. The game has a lot of retro charm as well as writing which could be ruined very easily by new Fe tropes. While we could get a really amazing remastered soundtrack, I'm still cautious about a Genealogy remake.

Fe warriors 2 could be interesting, but honestly, I'd most like to see a third Tellius game, set far in the future with Lehran and Ashunera's new hero. Who knows, perhaps characters like Kurth, Nasir and Ena would still be around? Of course there would be an entirely new cast, though. 

Three Houses renewed my faith in their ability to write good characters, so I'm not too worried. As for a Tellius sequel, I'd have to see it to believe it. I love the games but I feel that story is done.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  1. However, assuming the next game is a remake, i would much rather FE6 than FE4. Am i oppposed to an FE4 remake? No. But the Jugdral series left a bad taste in my mouth because of how awful the gameplay was in those two games (my hot take of the day is that FE3 is the only enjoyable Kaga-era game). If we get an FE4 remake, extensive changes would have to be made to the gameplay before i even consider buying it. On the flip side, an FE6 remake is pretty much a day one buy for me. 

FE6 is up there on my list of favourite FEs and it's definitely the safer option. Ideally a remake of FE4 would fix the gameplay issues of the original, though I'll grant you that previous remakes don't leave a very good track record in that regard.

8 minutes ago, shad2810 said:

If they do choose the fodlan route, I would prefer to see more of Dagda and Brigid (or any other countries/continent) away from fodlan with only a few minor references to said country as the next fire emblem..  

One of many ideas I've got floating around in my head is a midquel in Brigid with Petra as the lord, Thracia style.

I would prefer that the next Fire Emblem game takes place in its own setting. Another entry in Fodlan is going to be resrtictive in what it can and can't be. Who's to say what ending/character ending is non-cannon? A remake should be set aside for the end of the Switch lifespan.

Give me the Tellius games! Please! It can even be just a simple port, but a remaster of it would also be great. As long as we get it I'm ok with it.

Edited by Zanarkin

Everyone’s already talked about what I want, so let me propose something else.

Partner with ArcSystemWorks and give us a proper fighting game! It’s the logical next step for a spinoff and would bring in plenty of new players to the series if done properly. It’d also be another chance for IS to recognize a wider variety of games in the series in the roster, stages, music, etc. 

And if it did happen and was successful, we might even see some fire emblem characters in the next blazblue game.

57 minutes ago, Brave Lance said:

It’d also be another chance for IS to recognize a wider variety of games in the series in the roster, stages, music, etc. 

ahahahahah, nice joke fren

anyway, yes, i'd love an actual Fire Emblem fighting game made by arcsystem

Personally I'd like to see a new setting as often as possible with this series because getting a new world almost every time is part of the fun of Fire Emblem in my opinion.

Remake vote goes to Elibe because I'd love to see one of my favorite FE eras brought to the modern day again in full force.

Remaster goes to the Radiance series because we who have budgeting skills would also like to play those games. 😛

For Fodlan's future, I'd love to see them define a single route as canon if only to watch the fallout from the declaration, even knowing full well I'd be part of the problem if they dare to not choose my favorite route (I mean, I still need to play through Verdant Wind before my favorite is technically cemented, but I'm not holding my breath on it beating Azure Moon's unreasonably high standard).

1. New game in a new setting, remake, or spin-off; I feel these are the best and most likely options
  2. Jugdral; admittedly I'm a bit torn on this because I feel like the team will be compelled to drastically change the game to better "modernize" it, as while the quirks of Gaiden were acceptable and simple enough to understand, I feel Genealogy of the Holy War is more complicated in that regard and people will feel bogged down by its style, but I do think the story is just too good to be glossed over, and this is the perfect time to remake the game
  3. The Tellius games; maybe I'm a bit selfish, but I don't care to see Shadow Dragon and New Mystery remastered, though I also don't care to see a port/remaster of Fates - that, and the Tellius games have been known as the most difficult western-released games to acquire for far too long
  4. Prequel; don't want to canonize any particular route, nor would I care for a game set far into the future that would ultimately render the events I'd just experienced mostly pointless, I'd enjoy a prequel that either explored another aspect of Fódlan beyond the Church of Seiros and the relationships between the three major countries or shows us how historical events unfolded - I also wouldn't mind a Thracia 776-esque midquel that focuses on the smaller scale conflicts of the war in Fódlan, such as how the conflicts of nobility in the Leicester Alliance actually affected the people of the land beyond what we saw

36 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:
  1. New game in a new setting, remake, or spin-off; I feel these are the best and most likely options
  2. Jugdral; admittedly I'm a bit torn on this because I feel like the team will be compelled to drastically change the game to better "modernize" it, as while the quirks of Gaiden were acceptable and simple enough to understand, I feel Genealogy of the Holy War is more complicated in that regard and people will feel bogged down by its style, but I do think the story is just too good to be glossed over, and this is the perfect time to remake the game
  3. The Tellius games; maybe I'm a bit selfish, but I don't care to see Shadow Dragon and New Mystery remastered, though I also don't care to see a port/remaster of Fates - that, and the Tellius games have been known as the most difficult western-released games to acquire for far too long
  4. Prequel; don't want to canonize any particular route, nor would I care for a game set far into the future that would ultimately render the events I'd just experienced mostly pointless, I'd enjoy a prequel that either explored another aspect of Fódlan beyond the Church of Seiros and the relationships between the three major countries or shows us how historical events unfolded - I also wouldn't mind a Thracia 776-esque midquel that focuses on the smaller scale conflicts of the war in Fódlan, such as how the conflicts of nobility in the Leicester Alliance actually affected the people of the land beyond what we saw

Yeah I kind of hope that they do the Jugdral remakes well if they do them. I found the gameplay in 4 to be daunting but it has such a great story and cast of characters that it deserves to be given a modern remaster.

45 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:
  1. I also wouldn't mind a Thracia 776-esque midquel that focuses on the smaller scale conflicts of the war in Fódlan, such as how the conflicts of nobility in the Leicester Alliance actually affected the people of the land beyond what we saw

Now I'm thinking of a game with Hilda's brother as the main lord. Make this game, IS.

1. I'd be fine with a new game or a remake.

2. A Jugdral remake would be fun; I'd be very wary of remaking Elibe just because I think my heart would sink seeing the animation quality actually drop in a modern remake. I'd be wary of what they may do to FE4 too, but at least there isn't anything that I can say with absolutely certainty will be worse in a remake.

3. Tellius. No question. PoR has basically the opposite situation to the Elibe games where the animations desperately need improvement in what is otherwise an excellent game. Couple with the fact that PoR is the game that never got the chance it deserved to succeed and the fact that Ike is one of the most popular Smash characters that most people haven't played the game he's from and this is an easy choice.

4. I'd honestly prefer to vote "None of the above" on this question. A lot of what makes 3H's story as good as it is is what we aren't told; it would diminish the value of the Hubert/Hanneman supports if we ever directly met Marquis Vestra and learned which one of them was right, for example.The worst possible thing would be to go far into the past and find out what really happened with Nemesis. Right now our only perspective on that conflict comes from two opposite ends who both hold flagrant biases and are proven unreliable narrators, and that should not change.

remake/new game/spin off

fe4/fe5 time

other because there's no "no spin off" option

i just hit awakening sequel but I'm good with fodlan, it doesn't really need to be jumped into again. it has 4 routes that all dive into various character's backstories; i think it's honestly very much done

The previous game was Echoes: shadows of Valentia which is a remake. 

I'd rather FE17 to be a new tittle, either a prequel in Fodlan or a game in a completely new setting  - makes no difference. And then FE18 is Genealogy's remake 

Edited by Mylady

3 hours ago, Mylady said:

I'd rather FE16 to be a new tittle, either a prequel in Fodlan or a game in a completely new setting  - makes no difference. And then FE17 is  Genealogy remake

I just want to correct you -- FE16 is three houses. So it's FE17 and FE18 😛

On 10/11/2019 at 6:03 PM, Brave Lance said:

It’d also be another chance for IS to recognize a wider variety of games in the series in the roster, stages, music, etc.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, Yexin said:

ahahahahah, nice joke fren

anyway, yes, i'd love an actual Fire Emblem fighting game made by arcsystem

This is kinda off-topic but I really don't like this "IS doesn't recognize the older games" mentality. This isn't just inaccurate, it's literally the opposite of the truth. The more influence IS has on a crossover, the better the representation for older and less popular games are:

Awakening DLC was made by IS, every game in the series (at that time) is represented.

TMS was made by Atlus, only Archanea and Awakening are represented.

Cipher is made by IS, all games are represented.

Heroes is made by IS, all games are represented.

Warriors was made by Koei Tecmo, only Archanea, Awakening and Fates are represented. The exceptions are Lyn and Celica, who were added by mandate from IS.

The trend is always the same. Crossovers made by IS: all games are represented (though some get more than others). Crossovers made by other companies:  only the most popular games are represented, except for when IS specifically interferes in the project to give a wider representation of games. Remember, this is the same company that remade fucking Gaiden in 2017. The original concept for Three Houses was based on a plot point from Genealogy. Pretty much all the higher-ups are known to have been Fire Emblem fans since the very first game (yes, even Maeda).

So yeah, if the game is made by ASW and IS only has limited involvement then I guess the cross-series representation would be pretty poor.

Edited by Druplesnubb

1 hour ago, Druplesnubb said:

Heroes is made by IS, all games are represented.

...and yet Thracia 776 is criminally underrepresented. The Jugdral games in general have gotten the short end of the FEH stick, and if TMS, or Warriors had as many units available as FEH or Cipher I would be shocked if they didn't broaden their representation.

1 hour ago, Druplesnubb said:

Warriors was made by Koei Tecmo, only Archanea, Awakening and Fates are represented. The exceptions are Lyn and Celica, who were added by mandate from IS.

It was only Shadow Dragon from Archanea and it was the bare minimum; not even a stage from Shadow Dragon and less then half the cast of FatesWakening.

As for the mandates from intelligent systems, I wouldn't be surprised if many of those ended up hurting the game. See Navarre being cut from the base roster and turned into DLC to make room for Lyn.

Edited by Emperor Hardin