Your Wishlist for the DLC Characters

As you might know already, Wave 4 is set to introduce four new characters to the cast: Juris, Balthazar, Constanze, and Javi. We don't know anything about them aside from their names, so here you can list what you want their backstories, classes, stats, Crests, etc. to be. Of course, you can also list your wants for Jeritza and Anna too, who are due to be added in Wave 3, or any other characters you want to be playable.

Griffon Rider with Swordfaire, because the Faergus flag gas a sword wielding Griffon Rider on it yet the class has been MIA since Awakening.

And uh, some kinda brawling class for girls to go into, makes no sense that Catherine has all that rank in Brawling but no class to use it in.

Edit: Crap, I read the title as DLC classes. My bad.

I guess I want Jeritza to keep Mastermind (why does DK have that skill as an enemy anyways), and if that most likely fake leak is anything to go by, Balthazar having Warp, Rescue, Luna, Thoron and Bolting is absurd. I think the real Balthazar should tone that kit down a bit, but having another mage to give Lysithea a run for her money would be nice.

Edited by Jakkun

I'm hoping at least one of the new characters is a Commoner, born to Commoner parents, who has a Crest, and has no interest in becoming part of the nobility. This could be an interesting dynamic to follow.

I kind of want a unit who is along the line of Rinkah, but even better written. I am missing a ripped Berserk female. Also really a shame that classes like Warmaster are locked to males. Maybe with DLC class which has unisex Brawl affinity.. also about the height of the likes of Dedue, Dimitri or Raphael. And possibly some chance to be more of a tank. 

The DLC also has a logo with a Wolf, so I wouldn't find it too far off..

Catherine and Leonie are kind of close to that, but just not enough...

I know that this is a wishful thinking and that it caters to a very little base though.

Edited by Stroud

rhea was literally the only character i was begging to be able to play as

i didn't get it

no buy for me

Edited by Yexin

I'm still hoping they're all actually in the past so we get a prequel story with playable Rhea (and maybe Sothis). If not, since it looks like we're only getting one female character I hope some of the guys are bisexual to give male players more options besides Linhardt. Make them older than the other students/ non-students too, since some people have problems marrying them.

Personality-wise, I love that everyone in Three Houses is subdued and believable, compared to everyone being nothing more than a gimmick in Fates. Sure, there are a few outliers in Garreg Mach, but I hope we get new faces that fit in well with the old.

Juris. An explorer from Albinea, he comes to Garreg Mach shortly after the timeskip. He joins your army with the dream of mapping out all of Fódlan. In his late twenties, he has a tall build, slightly yellowed skin, and pale cyan hair that he cuts short. Joins as a Grappler, with boons in Swords, Gauntlets, and Reason, and banes in Authority and Flight. His personal skill, Lone Traveler, grants +5 AS when not leading a batallion.

Major Crest of Aubin. Personal spells include Blizzard, Saggitae, Fimbulvetr, Excalibur, Silence, and Abraxas. Joins with Rally Dex. Joins with Bombard, learns Sword dance at C+-Swords and One-Two Punch at A+-Gauntlets.

Balthazar. A member of Those Who Slither in the Dark who regrets his choice, and comes to Garreg Mach just after the timeskip, seeking repentance. Joins your army to wright the wrongs he has committed. Appearing to be into his sixties, he has pale blue-gray skin and wears a hooded cloak as reliably as a dour expression. Joins as a Dark Bishop, with boons in Axes, Reason, and Armor, banes in Lances and Bows, and a budding talent in Faith. His personal skill, Imitant, copies the (higher) movement stat of an adjacent ally at the start of each turn.

Minor Crest of Noa. Personal Spells include Swarm, Banshee, Thoron, Bolting, Ward, and Warp. Rally Defense at C+-Authority. Lightning Axe from C+-Axe, White Magic Avo+20 from Budding Talent.

Constanze. A flying ace from the south of the Empire, who comes to Garreg Mach looking for her lost Pegasus. She joins your army in the hopes of finding her precious friend amidst the war. Rather short with bright-red hair and goggles, she's in her mid-twenties. Joins as a Pegasus Knight, with boons in Flight, Swords, Bows, Lances, and Authority; banes in Gauntlets, Reason, Faith, Armor, and Riding; and a budding talent in Axes. Her personal skill, Flying High, lets her Pass through enemy lines while riding a Pegasus or Wyvern.

Minor crest of Chevalier. Personal spells include Wind, Cutting Gale, Seraphim, and Fortify. Learns Rally Movement at C+-Authority. Wild Abandon from Budding Talent, Swift Strikes at B+-Lances, Hexblade at C+-Swords, and Deadeye at C+-Bows.

Javi. A diplomat from the magical kingdom of Morfis, she comes to Garreg Mach after foreseeing your victory in the war. She lends the weight of Morfis behind you, in the hopes of having Fódlan's future leader in her debt. Nearly 60 years of age, she has deep reddish-brown skin, and keeps her head shaven. Joins as a Bishop, with a boon in Authority (and nothing else). Her personal skill, Foresight, grants her +10 avoid and +10 crit-avoid on enemy phase.

Major Crest of Timotheos. Personal spells include Fire, Bolganone, Meteor, Agnea's Arrow, Physic, and Rescue. Joins with Rally Charm, learns Rally Speed at B+-Authority, Rally Defense at A+, and Rally Res at S+.

These are just some ideas. Let me know what you think!

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Added crests, personal spells, rallies, and combat arts.

I want Edelgard's Empire buddies (Randolph, Ladislava, Metoady and possibly Fleche) to be playable, even if it were just in CF. Also more characters from other countries like Dagda, Morfis, or Sreng because we don't know much about them.

Edited by Scoot

I would love for one of them to be a male bard like a Lewyn or Elphin. Carry his canon outfit over to the Dancer class. In his late 20s to early 30s. Javi is a good name for him. His strengths would be in Reason, Swords, Bows, and Authority while his weaknesses would be in Axes and Armor.

A male dark mage that isn't Hubert would also be nice, just to give those dark seals some value. I echo the sentiment that a Slither convert would be great. Preferably in his 40s. I'd like for that to be Juris. His proficiencies would be in Reason, Axes, Lances, and Riding, while his weaknesses would be in Faith and Authority.

Someone from Almyra. We have Cyril as a convert who abandoned Almyran culture. We have a certain other character who does not represent Almyran ideals and just wants to unite everyone. So how about a female, Rinkah-esque Almyran warrior in her early 20s who gives us a real chance to see into that culture. Constanze, of course. Her proficiencies would be in the traditionally Almyran strengths of Axes, Bows, Riding, and Flying while her weaknesses would be in Reason and Faith.

Video games have oft associated the name Balthazar with knights and warriors for me. So Balthazar could round out the knights of Seiros. His proficiencies would be in Swords, Axes, Armor, and Authority, while his weaknesses would be in Bows and Reason.

19 hours ago, Jakkun said:

...and if that most likely fake leak is anything to go by, Balthazar having Warp, Rescue, Luna, Thoron and Bolting is absurd. I think the real Balthazar should tone that kit down a bit, but having another mage to give Lysithea a run for her money would be nice.

What leak was this?

Really hoping one of them is the Gatekeeper. Alongside that I hope they're all bisexual.. and if not, then I hope they're not S-supportable at all. 

I'd also love it if at least one of their reason pools shared some of Hubert's stuff, just so you'd have more options on who to use if you're into that. That's really all I can think of though. 

9 hours ago, Coreyographed said:

What leak was this?

Someone on 4chan posted all four characters' stat growths (except Charm), Spell lists and Houses as well as what the new Classes will be. It's way too detailed to be true though (even more damning is that they had all that information yet forgot Charm, as I said before).

On 10/11/2019 at 12:44 PM, Yexin said:

rhea was literally the only character i was begging to be able to play as

i didn't get it

no buy for me

Well, we don't know how accurate Famistu was, nor if more DLC will be produced (which is possible consider all previous FE games has at least twice the amount)

They also didn't mention what's free update for wave 4 is, since we are getting Jeritza for Wave 3, maybe it's another current unplayable character.

So he'd be exclusive to CF? That's my preferred route, so I'd be cool with it, but I can imagine people getting annoyed.

Spoiler

On that note, it'd be nice if they could add a movie for the Immaculate One attacking Byleth after Ch12 in a free update.

My only wish is that Anna can be recruited early and has proficiencies in all the good areas such as Lance, Axe, Bow, Flying, Authority. If they want to sell her as paid DLC at least try to make her look like a good unit. Though if we look at her growth rates from previous games she will probably have high Speed and Luck, average Attack, Skill and Res and poor HP and Def.

As for the rest I don't really care about but hopefully they all end up being interesting characters. Though I will say I will be disappointed if Jeritza doesn't have good proficiencies in Lances and Riding.

7 hours ago, Arachnofiend said:

I'm pretty sure we're getting Jeritza for free because he was supposed to be a main game Crimson Flower character that wasn't finished for launch - you get him instead of Seteth, basically. I wouldn't bank on any additional free characters.

Wouldn't the same argument works for Rhea, Sothis and Jeralt?

Especially Rhea and Jeralt are actually already finished characters with all the unique lines even classes.

So he'd be exclusive to CF? That's my preferred route, so I'd be cool with it, but I can imagine people getting annoyed.

No, they didn't confirm that. Famitsu only said he's some routes exclusive but didn't say any detail. People just filling it in saying it's Crimson Flower.

Edited by Timlugia

53 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Especially Rhea and Jeralt are actually already finished characters with all the unique lines even classes.

It would be hard to make any of those characters playable (for more than a few chapters anyway) without significantly changing the plot. Jeritza doesn't have that problem because there's no reason for him to not be around during Crimson Flower.

Speaking of Jeritza,

Spoiler

I hope he gets a new outfit as a playable character because it would be a bit odd for him to have normal conversations with people in full Death Knight armor. Maybe he can wear a different outfit in the Monastery/during supports and wear his armor while in battle if he isn't reclassed?

As for the other characters, my only hope is that one of them is from Morfis, because a city of magic in the middle of a desert to too neat to not be expanded on.

Edited by Lightchao42

4 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I do actually think at least Rhea was intended to be playable at some point, though if that's the case then I suspect that was prior to mashing Silver Snow and Verdant Wind together to save time. As Lightchao said, the plot relies on these three characters not being playable. 

1 minute ago, Arachnofiend said:

I suspect that was prior to mashing Silver Snow and Verdant Wind together to save time

I think it's more that Koei copied SS to make VW, but fair enough. While I agree with you, I think it's fair to play Devil's Advocate and say Rhea being playable could have made sense for

Spoiler

the Shambhala chapter

if nothing else.

But as I said, I agree with you and think

Spoiler

she's probably too injured to do anything more than pull that stunt at the end.

6 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Reveal hidden contents

On that note, it'd be nice if they could add a movie for the Immaculate One attacking Byleth after Ch12 in a free update.

Yeah, CF is lacking in cutscenes compared to the other routes. I'd love one for

Spoiler

the reunion with Edelgard

too, on top of the image we got.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It would be hard to make any of those characters playable (for more than a few chapters anyway) without significantly changing the plot. Jeritza doesn't have that problem because there's no reason for him to not be around during Crimson Flower.

They don't have to change anything for Rhea and Jeralt, as long as we accept the fact Rhea would be unable for several chapters while the Jeralt dies at chapter 7. But consider we are losing characters anyway in Black Eagle, and Dedue also sets an example that character went missing for a period of time, it's not a new concept in this game.

Rhea could be usable throughout part 1 between chapter 4 to 12, then fights in Shambhala again(she even said she's joining the war, she also makes several comments about enemy just like lords in other routes), that's like 9 chapters. Jeralt obvious would only be part 1 and dies after the dance.

Sothis is the only one needs some rework, but considering you could already "project" Sothis in combat in NG+ without a justification, they can easily do the same as Byleth projects her  for greater role.

Besides, DLC characters in FE aren't necessary lore friendly anyway. Lot of them were retcon/contradicting/multiple universe, like Walhart, Yenfay, Emmeryn...etc

They can simply list them as bonus character without need a lore explanation.

Edited by Timlugia