Rank the paralogues from easiest to hardest

It would interest me, if there is an order how to do the paralogues regarding difficulty.

The easiest paralogues are clearly Lorenz's and Raphael's / Ignatz's  because they can be easily oneturned via warp.

Also Seteth's / Flyan's paralogue is easy since it has no reinforcements and physical enemies cannot make fast progress due to the terrain. With fliers and mages in the party this chapter is really comfortable to play. 

The hardest one for me is Hilda's / Cyril's paralogue because it is not only a defend chapter, but also at least one of the (useless) NPCs has to survive. The birds are extremly dangerous due to their mobility, and it is extremly hard to dodge all warriors and paladins because they have breaker skills. Idk if a Lance breaker unit can dodgetank anything. In my case it does not work. Warping Byleth to forest tile in the first turn to tank the birds and other stuff will not work when only one of the enemies could use their battalion with success. 

Also Ingrid's / Dorothea's paralogue is annoying because of the awkward terrain, infinite and random ambush spawn (maddening). This chapter handles reinforcements the worst of all chapters I know so far. Lance and sword breaker are definitely required. Imo the worst deigned chapter in the entire game. 

Agreed with Seteth/Flayn, since it's easy regardless of playstyle. (Lorenz's at least gets tougher on Maddening if you want to get exp and the extra items.)

A number of paralogues have recinforcements which are borderline unfair until you know about them (at least on Maddening): Annette/Gilbert, Mercedes/Caspar, Dorothea/Ingrid, Bernadetta/Petra. How much you consider this to be "hard" is subjective. (I'm not sure myself.)

36 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

A number of paralogues have recinforcements which are borderline unfair until you know about them (at least on Maddening): Annette/Gilbert, Mercedes/Caspar, Dorothea/Ingrid, Bernadetta/Petra. How much you consider this to be "hard" is subjective. (I'm not sure myself.)

Personally I don't find these chapters difficult, but they do waste your time. On Bernadetta and Petra's map for example, if you aim for the escape goal you are basically punished for trying to engage with the chapter in a way the game told you was ok. It's more deceptive than anything and if you are tricked you're better off just resetting the whole thing and going for the rout from turn one. I'd very much like these shifting objectives to be implemented more gracefully in the future.

Easiest: Land of the Golden Deer/Death Toll. If you have a flier, stride or warp it’s ridiculously easy to 1 turn this map, and the enemies aren’t exactly all that threatening.

Runner up: The Silver Maiden. It was one of the hardest until I watched mangs accidentally win by Hubert suiciding on dimitri with meteor while dimitri had retribution active. 

Hardest: Forgotten Hero. I think enough’s been said about this one. 

Runner up: Legend of the Lake, because fog of war.

Claude's is pretty annoying. 4 same turn wyvern reinforcements start popping every two turns from turn 5 I believe, and their range covers a majority or the south and west of the map, which is where most of your units will be, because there's sand everywhere and they can't take an attack from the boss; it's actually almost comical how specific the safe zone is. Then considering the boss is well defended and takes effort to take down, I think you're pretty much supposed to fail your first attempt if you're unaware, because even with divine pulse your healer/dancer units are stuck in the sand with nowhere to escape the looming ORKO even when going back several turns.

Ingrid/Dorothea can be made very, very difficult if you choose to rout it. But then again you don't have to.

Ferdinand/Lysithea is just in general a tough one with a lot going on and limited opportunity to trivialize it.

Felix's can be tricky if you care about the best rewards. But it's kill boss.

Alois/Shamir's surprised me, because I did it extremely late and it still offered considerable resistance. But again, kill boss.

Those I'd qualify as "hard". As for the easy ones...

Sylvain's just wasn't that tough. Sothis' wasn't either, although same turn reinforcements can easily trip you, I just remembered them.

Seteth/Flayn I agree is among the easiest. Catherine/Ashe requires knowledge of the map, but if you have that it's not that difficult, there just aren't that many enemies in your way overall.

Edited by Cysx

If we're talking about Maddening difficulty, then I'd say my Crimson Flower ranking would be:

14.) Land of the Golden Deer (Lorenz): Provided you're fine with Warp-skipping, this is an easy one turn battle.

13.) Death Toll (Ignatz/Raphael): Same as Lorenz's basically, except the boss is slightly harder to kill.

12.) An Ocean View (Seteth/Flayn): The difficult terrain actually works in the player's favor for once.

11.) Rumored Nuptials (Ingrid/Dorothea): This one is hard if you try to do it too early.  Otherwise, it's more tedious than anything.

10.) Tales of the Red Canyon (Sothis): Not too bad, provided you have Byleth in a good class like Peg Knight.

9.) Sword and Shield of Seiros (Shamir/Alois): This was the last Part 1 Paralogue I did, so my opinion may be skewed; regardless, it wasn't too bad at the point in which I did it.

8.) Foreign Land and Sky (Petra/Bernadetta): This one is tricky to rate because its difficulty comes from Metaknowledge.  If you know that the initial objective is a bald-faced lie, then you can take your time and prepare for it properly.  Without said knowledge in hand, this chapter is a giant middle finger to the player.

7.) The Forgotten (Sylvain): If you don't know what you're doing, this map can be a pain.  With a proper plan, it's not so bad.

6.) Oil and Water (Hanneman/Manuela): This chapter is a legitimate pain if you don't train Manuela at all.  It's not the worst, but I wouldn't call it easy either.

5.) Darkness Beneath the Earth (Hubert): Completing this chapter isn't too bad; completing this chapter and keeping enough mages alive for the reward is annoying.

4.) Legend of the Lake (Leonie/Linhardt): Fog of War.

3.) Insurmountable (Edelgard): This chapter is a complete chore.  The enemy reinforcements are by far the worst part.  I pretty much had to resort to Warp abuse.  The chapter doesn't even give you a good reward to make the hassle worth it.

2.) Forgotten Hero (Marianne): Fog of War and enemies that ORKO a stranded character that needs to survive.

1.) True Chivalry (Felix): Definitely the worst of the ones I did, IMO.  Keeping everyone (including Rodrigue, who can die on turn 1) alive for the Aegis Shield was probably the hardest part of my Maddening run.  I restarted this chapter more times than any other.

I somehow forgot to recruit Ashe, so I didn't do his Paralogue.  I can't say anything about the other routes, as I have yet to play them on Maddening.

10 hours ago, Tombstone88 said:

7.) The Forgotten (Sylvain): If you don't know what you're doing, this map can be a pain.  With a proper plan, it's not so bad.

I consider it as one of the easiest honestly (if the existence of warp is neglected). Beating the four bosses quickly is not that hard. The top right area is definitely the toughest one. Any luna user and res tank like Lysithea can solo the bottom right. The hardest part is  to get all items in time because the mercenaries have pass, so they cannot be cannot blocked. 

2.) Forgotten Hero (Marianne): Fog of War and enemies that ORKO a stranded character that needs to survive.

Oh, I forgot this one. Have not played it in maddening yet, but in normal it was truly the hardest paralogue because Marianne all alone is really much screwed. It is possible to rescue her in the first turn, but even then she is not safe from any enemy. 

1.) True Chivalry (Felix): Definitely the worst of the ones I did, IMO.  Keeping everyone (including Rodrigue, who can die on turn 1) alive for the Aegis Shield was probably the hardest part of my Maddening run.  I restarted this chapter more times than any other.

Yes, this one is pretty much luck based. Even warp cannot save the problem (double warp might though). 

I forgot to add to my OP that I have not unlocked all paralogues yet and only played the unlocked pre timeskip ones in maddening yet. 

If considering Maddening, I personally found some absurd while others trivial with warp. It really depends when you do them, I do them the end of the month of that month instead of waiting. Haven't done GD yet so early game warp or dancer cheese haven't been experienced yet. I find some hard because I have to reset a few times or banking on shaky hit rates to go through.

Seteth/flayn is easy with turtling.

Manuela/hanneman hard even with a flyer cause of that SM. I guess it can be easier with a warp but haven't done with GD. Experience gem would be hard to get 1 turn. 

Alois/Shamir: medium 

Ashe/Catherine: hard, assassin's everywhere with flying Pegasus nukes

Dedue medium I believe you can get the rewards with dead npcs

Edel one is easy via warp flying

Dimitri easy via warp flying

Sylvain medium

Felix super hard, villagers killed themselves but worse is his dad always killing himself. Couldn't get the sheild 

Ingrid/ dorthea hard, relying on RNGesus sometime

Hubert hard because some mages just kill themselves on the monsters. But I believe you can get the spear with a few mages alive

Mercie / Caspar & Petra Bernie are medium cause you have to know about reinforcements

Sothis medium as long as you have bows

Rhea easy with retribution

I can only rate some of the paralogues that I was able to encounter in Crimson Flower. (I'll also copy the formating from Tombstone88 :p)

12.) An Ocean View (Seteth/Flayn): Easy. There are no reinforcements, enemies don't come rushing you down, you can take your time.

11.) Rumored Nuptials (Ingrid/Dorothea): The ambush spawn sucks really bad. Apart from that it's a bit tedious with the reinforcements, but still pretty easy.

10.) Darkness Beneath the Earth (Hubert): If you know in advance how many green units may die, you can plan for it and easily keep enough of them alive. Though you've got to find ways to safe the green units from killing themselves.

9.) Tales of the Red Canyon (Sothis): Kind of a damage test at one point. Probably pretty easy if you do it a bit later and try to not use gambits until you really need to. Having a flying unit for easily getting the chest is highly recommended.

8.) Death Toll (Raphael/Ignatz): The beginning of the map is the hardest part. If you made all the right choices in battle preparations and turn 1 then the rest of the map is a breeze.

7.) Land of the Golden Deer (Lorenz): There are some turns when you'll have to deal with more units than you'd like to. The pegasus knights can spell trouble. Apart from that it's easy.

6.) Sword and Shield of Seiros (Shamir/Alois): Having to split your units into 2-3 groups is pretty annoying in maddening mode. Some of the enemies are also pretty strong. The saving grace of this paralogue is that you only need to kill the boss.

5.) The Forgotten (Sylvain): This paralogue is a race against time, if you plan to get all rewards. If you have units that can restrict enemy movement this map becomes a lot easier.

4.) Oil and Water (Hanneman/Manuela): This chapter is pretty doable, if you don't trigger the enemies in the north to advance too early. Bringing at least one flying unit is heavily advised.

3.) Foreign Land and Sky (Petra/Bernadetta): The change of objective can really catch you offguard, if you haven't positioned your units accordingly. The ambush spawn is annoying, too. Though at this point in the game you've got enough Divine Pulses that it's not a problem to spend one or two at these spawns.

2.) True Chivalry (Felix): Really annoying chapter due to the NPC's actions. You can just randomly fail to get all rewards, because the green units feel like being dumb. It's kinda a race against the green units stupidity.

1.) Insurmountable (Edelgard): Enemy units that are hard to deal with, lots of enemy reinforcements and for some rewards you need to steal items from quite fast enemies. (I was only able to do it by slowing them down with Lysithea's Swarm spell first). If you don't care for the statboosters or if you've got a speedy sword-dodge-tank who can steal, this map probably becomes a lot easier.

Edited by GarEEE
updated ranking

1 hour ago, GarEEE said:

4.) Oil and Water (Hanneman/Manuela): This chapter is pretty doable, if you don't trigger the enemies in the north to advance too early. Bringing at least one flying unit is heavily advised.

Pray tell, what exactly triggers that?

Anyway, I agree with the general sentiment that Seteth and Flayjn's paralogue is easy, considering the most dangerous enemies are gimped by the beach.

28 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Pray tell, what exactly triggers that?

Most enemies in the north don't move until Manuela leaves the plateau that she starts on.

She only needs to deal with the one archer that moves towards her at the start, while staying on that plateau. You can have a healing adjutant or a healer with physics help her with that.

Though even then, your other units still need to hurry, as eventually some of the northern enemy units will start to move at some point regardless of the trigger

Edited by GarEEE

6 hours ago, GarEEE said:

Most enemies in the north don't move until Manuela leaves the plateau that she starts on.

This is true, but if the main group comes close to the boss, the enemies in the north will start to move as well. The pegasus knights will reach her in two turns and kill her. That said warp-skip can prevent it. The boss can be safely onerounded with Donnerbrand.

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2019 at 3:00 AM, Zemuria said:

It would interest me, if there is an order how to do the paralogues regarding difficulty.

The easiest paralogues are clearly Lorenz's and Raphael's / Ignatz's  because they can be easily oneturned via warp.

Also Seteth's / Flyan's paralogue is easy since it has no reinforcements and physical enemies cannot make fast progress due to the terrain. With fliers and mages in the party this chapter is really comfortable to play. 

The hardest one for me is Hilda's / Cyril's paralogue because it is not only a defend chapter, but also at least one of the (useless) NPCs has to survive. The birds are extremly dangerous due to their mobility, and it is extremly hard to dodge all warriors and paladins because they have breaker skills. Idk if a Lance breaker unit can dodgetank anything. In my case it does not work. Warping Byleth to forest tile in the first turn to tank the birds and other stuff will not work when only one of the enemies could use their battalion with success. 

Also Ingrid's / Dorothea's paralogue is annoying because of the awkward terrain, infinite and random ambush spawn (maddening). This chapter handles reinforcements the worst of all chapters I know so far. Lance and sword breaker are definitely required. Imo the worst deigned chapter in the entire game. 

I just did it on third try with some extremely careful pulls with archers and Byleth, after a mad dash to the merchant using stride from a battalion. Also gathered up troops outside last enemies agro range then used stride and managed to bust a hole in the line of reinforcements and run Ingrid to the finish. Definitely required me to overclock my brain xD But honestly I found it to be a blast. Definitely depends on how you prep. Can imagine its a nightmare without stride.

Edited by IlVIlatt

It really depends which of these paralogues you cut your teeth on first, and it's likely to be one of the chapter 7 paralogues, or Dedue's which activates on chapter 6 if you're playing Blue Lions.

In my SS run, Dorothea/Ingrid was hardest for me since it was the first paralogue I had access to with my level 13-15 units. If you want all the rewards, you gotta break through the constant thieves, and it's a lot of gambit spamming. Thieves have pass, so if they're not locked down, they'll take down your mages and archers with ease. My first two divine pulses resulted from missing 80s on Blaze and fusilade. So frustrating, and I was even making use of Dorothea's Rally Charm to get the best accuracy. And if all your team can't move up at once, you'll run out of physic fast. I had only one divine pulse by the end, but those pulses showed me a lot about how reinforcements are triggered, especially near the end where the player is allowed to move as slowly as they want. If you didn't care about rewards and just want the quick clear, It would still be difficult getting Ingrid to a position to reach the escape tile. The middle of the map is archer hell and you can't dismount on lava terrain. Moving closer to the exit with warriors in front of you and thieves chomping at your heels the entire way doesn't sound fun either.

Edited by Glennstavos

Marianne wasn't that hard once you found out the boss movement gimmick, 

that as long as you stay in the exactly space just outside his range, and rest of units don't approach him it's safe.

Have your units follow the southern road until you rescued Marianne then bait the rest of enemy to advantage terrain.

True Chivalry (Felix)  is my least favorite one. It proves, once and for all, that Green Units are the one true Fire Emblem enemy. This was very hard on Hard, when Felix's Daddy was OP since it was tricky to keep enough enemies alive to allow the other green units to escape when he just mowed everything down in one hit. On maddening, you have the opposite problem since Daddy's stats are nerfed in comparison to the enemies so he CHARGES to his death if you can't distract him / get lucky. I always find myself using stride on the Green Unit most near the starting point and also often using draw back to try to get that one just a bit closer to the goal. It's best if Daddy decides to head towards the corner to the bottom left but if he goes for the upper right it's a nightmare. I got around it last time by baiting an enemy to the door of that little square area in the upper right and spamming Impregnable Wall on three of my units there, which stymied Daddy's suicide attempt for long enough for that slow ass green unit to escape.

35 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

True Chivalry (Felix)  is my least favorite one. It proves, once and for all, that Green Units are the one true Fire Emblem enemy. This was very hard on Hard, when Felix's Daddy was OP since it was tricky to keep enough enemies alive to allow the other green units to escape when he just mowed everything down in one hit. On maddening, you have the opposite problem since Daddy's stats are nerfed in comparison to the enemies so he CHARGES to his death if you can't distract him / get lucky. I always find myself using stride on the Green Unit most near the starting point and also often using draw back to try to get that one just a bit closer to the goal. It's best if Daddy decides to head towards the corner to the bottom left but if he goes for the upper right it's a nightmare. I got around it last time by baiting an enemy to the door of that little square area in the upper right and spamming Impregnable Wall on three of my units there, which stymied Daddy's suicide attempt for long enough for that slow ass green unit to escape.

Hi! I just did this one on Maddening! They don't all have to escape, just survive. They can still be on the map when you finish it and you'll still get the reward (aegis shield).

In Maddening, I had major problems with Hanneman and Manuela's paralogue; Manuela was simply too exposed and died almost immediately. I guess I could've trained her more (or at all), but I didn't, so I couldn't really beat it. Alois and Shamir's paralogue was tough too, but doable.

5 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Hi! I just did this one on Maddening! They don't all have to escape, just survive. They can still be on the map when you finish it and you'll still get the reward (aegis shield).

Well I'll be! I remember hearing that they all had to escape or it didn't count. Well, that helps a LOT. I'll try that next time, thank you! 🙂

7 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Yeah, some warpskips and fliers should definitely get the job done. But it doesn't change that if you lack those resources, you'll definitely be screwed and have to rush it a bit to save everyone. 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't quite played all of the paralogues on Maddening (missing Weathervanes of Fodlan, War for the Weak, The Silver Maiden, and Retribution) but here are my thoughts of the ones I've done...(difficulty rating out of 5)

Death Toll:  Difficulty 1 with a turn-1 boss kill, 4 if you try to rout.  People say "warp-skip", but you start so dang close to the boss on the right that a Stride is good enough--I had Ashe Deadeye the boss and then Cyril Point-Blank Volley for the kill.  The annoying thing about this map is that if you try to play it "legit", you end up having to Stride or Warp your way over to the bridge anyway, because if it's not down by Turn 2 the villagers will either get caught by the wolf or make a right turn and get blasted to death by magic.  Also there are a lot of enemies near the starting point on the right side, which can make it difficult to find good positions for those units at first.

An Ocean View:  Difficulty 1.  You have a quite powerful flier, and it's a sand/coast map.  The enemies just have no hope of reaching you fast enough to pose a threat before they're dead.

The Forgotten:  Difficulty 1.5.  This one seemed much harder until I realized that the thieves with droppable items never actually initiate combat--if their target exit is disabled because the stronghold enemy was defeated, they'll just stand in the corner and let you wail on them.  Since you can ignore their attack ranges, you have more space in the bottom of the map to work with than you might initially think.  The challenge is all in dividing your forces properly during preparations; once that's taken care of, the rest should flow naturally.

Eternal Guardian:  Difficulty 2.  Just be aware of where the Bolting users are and you should be good.  I'd recommend clearing out the left side before you approach them, as they're on the right.  The golems are oddly reluctant to initiate combat.

Rumored Nupitals:  Difficulty 2.5.  There are plenty of reinforcements to deal with, but most of them don't have high MOV and none of them are fliers, so they're unlikely to overwhelm you if you're careful.

Tales of the Red Canyon:  Difficulty 3.  I'm not exactly sure how this happened, but I had a way easier time with this on New Game with Golden Deer than I did on New Game + with Black Eagles.  Part of it might be because on GD I focused on regrouping my forces with Byleth as soon as possible instead of taking on all the birds right away.

Land of the Golden Deer:  Difficulty 3.  The first couple turns can be hairy to survive due to your limited space available.  After that, there tends to be a lull for a few turns before the rest of the enemies rush to the goal, which can be pretty difficult to deal with.  For that reason, I tend to take advantage of the lull to push towards the boss and end him before the rush becomes a problem.  This is probably one-turnable, though I never tried; in that case, it drops to a 1.

Oil and Water:  Difficulty 3, with two special tricks.  The first, pretty easy, is be sure you have a flier on your team (which you should anyway).  The second is to make sure you recruit Hanneman, but not Manuela.  On Maddening, unrecruited Manuela auto-levels to LV 21 for this battle.  This gives her EXACTLY enough Spd to equip Nosferatu without being doubled by the Pegasi that eventually rush her down, and EXACTLY enough DEF to survive two hits total from them even if she misses with all of her Nosferatu counterattacks.  This should buy you enough time to deal with them before they take her out, and then your flier can intercept the Rapier thief before he runs off.

Foreign Land and Sky:  Difficulty 3...if you know to rout as much of the map as you can before triggering the reinforcements.  That means taking care of the bottom-left, then moving everyone out of the bottom-left before moving anyone into the bottom-right.

Forgotten Hero:  Difficulty 3.5.  A weird one; for some reason, most Demonic Beasts are just not that threatening on Maddening mode even if they do take a while to bring down.  The wolves don't move at first, and the poisonous beasts are slow enough to not be a big threat.  The Snipers and magic-users, on the other hand, are much more troublesome due to them appearing out of the fog and hitting hard enough to pack a punch.  Once they're gone, the boss is pretty tough on paper, but in practice Encloser or Banshee will make a joke of him, holding him in place until you're ready to take him down.

Sword and Shield of Seiros:  Difficulty 4.  It can be pretty tough trying to make progress against the constant wave of Pass reinforcements, but I discovered that if I sent a token force to approach the boats from the south (instead of just the north), it pulled a few of the enemies in the north down towards the south.  That let me eventually move in far enough for the boss kill.  Shamir can easily kill the wyvern reinforcements that enter the town, but if you don't have a way to intercept them over the water, it'll be a race against time.  (It seems based on the dialogue that enemies entering the town a total of 5 times--even if they're not on consecutive turns and even if they die right away--disqualifies you from the best reward; can anyone confirm this?)

Darkness Beneath the Earth:  Difficulty 4 if you want the reward.  The mages can thankfully survive one round of combat with the monsters, and can be quite helpful when it comes to breaking them with their gambits, but once they do run out of gambits they tend to make normal attacks and die when it would be smarter to do nothing and live.  It takes a lot of care to correctly determine how to split up your army and which monsters to go after first.  I found Hubert's Banshee spell to be an invaluable tool for locking monsters in place, preventing them from attacking either my units or the green units.  I never quite beat this without one of the dumb mages making a suicidal attack on the last Ally Phase, but I did well enough to get the special spear.

Legend of the Lake:  Difficulty 4.  Lategame fog is even more obnoxious to deal with than earlygame fog since the enemies have enough Mov to reach you from outside Torch range.  Ugh.  At least you can shut off the reinforcements?  There's also a boss with pretty powerful magic and about 38 Crit, meaning you'd better have lots of Goddess Icons if you don't want every single combat with it to become a game of Russian Roulette.  That said, as far as monster bosses with 500+ HP go, it could be worse...

Falling Short of Heaven:  Difficulty 4 if you've played it before, 5 if this is your first time.  You know what sounds like fun?  S.T.R. Assassins and Pegasi.  In fog!  Actually, no, I don't think anyone in their right mind would call that "fun".  Do yourself a favor and warp-skip to the bishop on the right so you don't have to deal with any Pegasi beyond the ones that are on the map to begin with.

True Chivalry:  Difficulty 4 if you want the reward.  As others have said, this one pretty much has to be a rush to the boss because of how many green units there are to save.  In fact, if you don't take care of the enemies north of Rodrigue (by killing or gambiting them) he'll die Turn 1.  The congested layout of the town, and this being a Part I paralogue, means you'll have to be basically perfect at using the movement options available to you (Stride, Dance, Warp, Draw Back, etc.) to reach and defeat the boss in time (Turn 2 or 3).  Oh, let's not forget the boss is an Assassin on a fort, so you'd better hope the accuracy check RNG is in your favor.  (Try using Assembly to pull the boss off the fort if you can.)

Insurmountable:  Difficulty 4.5.  Apparently Almyra has read the guides saying that Bow Knights and Wyvern Riders/Lords are the best classes, since that's pretty much their forces in a nutshell.  After dealing with the initial onslaught, you'll find there's an endless wave of oncoming wyverns to deal with until you take out the wyverns with battalions.  That makes for pretty slow going, but my Edelgard was pretty tanky so she was able to survive several rounds of combat with them and eventually make progress against the stream.

Dividing the World:  Difficulty 5.  Oh hey, it's the same map as the one above, and just about as hard, if not harder.  Apparently heavy armor is useless since these ally knights cannot survive more than 1 or 2 rounds of combat with ordinary Cavaliers, which outnumber them 2 to 1.  Pretty much all the enemies have high MOV.  Your best bet is to pick one green unit and defend them with all you've got, since there's no way you're saving all of them in time.  Thankfully, just saving one is enough for the relic.

The Sleeping Sand Legend:  Difficulty 5.  This is Legend of the Lake's boss, 38 Crit and all, but even stronger and with 15 more Attack Speed.  That's bad enough, but to even get to him you have to slog through a desert of troublesome enemies that are almost all built to ignore the movement-slowing sand.  After that, you'd better be careful about when you enter the central structure, as that triggers two pairs of Wyvern Lords to fly in from the west and north, obliterating anyone fragile who happens to be in their range.  You'd better believe I let out a big sigh of relief when this one was done.

The Face Beneath:  Difficulty 5.  Hilariously, the Death Knight is the LEAST worrisome thing about this map.  You need to somehow find some way to extricate Mercedes and Caspar from the cliff before the enemies eventually come after them, but if any of your units not named Mercedes or Caspar ends their turn north of a certain point, Mercedes and Caspar will be inevitably wrecked by NINE same-turn reinforcements.  I basically lucked out on my winning attempt--Mercedes and Caspar were able to take down the beast in the northwest (Mercedes using a Resonant Lightning gambit and Caspar hitting it with two Fierce Iron Fists), and other than that they only got attacked by a magic user, which was one of the few enemies not strong enough to one-round either of them.  It seems you need to advance north with your team just far enough to attract the attention of the enemies up there, but not move anyone beyond the stone pedestal in the center.  This has my vote for toughest paralogue I've completed.

The Secret Merchant:  Difficulty 3 on Crimson Flower, 6 on other routes.  On Crimson Flower, this isn't anything special since you get to do it post-timeskip, but on other routes...this was the one and only paralogue where I just threw up my hands and said "Forget it".  This is before the time skip, and you're expected to deal with S.T.R. Grapplers and Bow Knights (!!) that appear from seemingly arbitrary spots on the west, north, and east borders of the map.  Yes, pre-timeskip, you're expected to handle enemies that can hit you if you're 12 spaces away from where they show up without any warning.  I made two attempts at this, couldn't get halfway done, decided the rewards weren't worth the hassle, and moved on to the rest of the game.

I disagree with warp abuse factoring in to the ease of a paralogue.

If you warp abuse Lorenz's paralogue, it's one of the easiest early game ones. If you play it as intended, it's one of the most difficult.

Problem is, you also have paralogues that flat out are not possible without warp/dance abuse. Caspar/Mercedes' one in part two is supremely poorly designed for that reason. Unless Caspar/Mercedes are strong enough to take on the enemies that make a beeline for them, you have to double warp (or even triple warp if memory serves) a highly mobile unit capable of independently taking on these enemies to free them. 

I speciphically consider "warpskippability" an element of bad map design unless the access to warp is extremely limited(as is in most games) or you need a truly complicated sequence of precise step in order to pull off the skip. 

The devs knew those tools were in the game, and yet they chose to make many kill boss map that are short enought for you to skip them easily. If shanking the boss on turn 1 is clearly not just the best, but the simplest and easiest to figure out solution to a map, then there is no point into seeking any other solution untill you self impose yourself to do so.