My sister's playthrough thread (Potential spoilers)

escotanner

I'm paying my sister five dollars an hour to play Three Houses so she can experience this game. So far, she chose the Golden Deer House because she likes Claude, hates F!Byleth's outfit as well as her hairstyle, hates Sothis, already guessed that Rhea is Seiros, is thinking of recruiting Bernadetta (thank god), and thinks Edlegard is too much. She's going to play next Saturday so I'll be sure to update this thread at that time.

Edited by escotanner

I tried to do this with my brother, but he’s such a bad player it was actually hurting me to watch him.

He damn nearly failed the prologue while I was facepalming into the desk, sobbing.

Either way, sounds fun!

So let's say that your sister is fast, and pulls off the entirety of GD in 60 hours.  That's $300, or the price of a Switch.

Can you pay me to play FE, please? 😛

On a more serious note, it sounds like she has her priorities straight.  Bernie's great for stopping things in their tracks (even if it takes A Bows to do so).

Thanks for the replies guys!

We decided to play again today as she doesn't have school tomorrow. It took us 14 turns to beat the mock battle and nearly 20 minutes to finish exploring. She's calling Rhea the "Pope", she chose to eat with Bernadetta and she's not recruiting Petra, Linhardt, Felix and Ashe (she doesn't know she's gonna end up killing them). It's obvious she's just doing this for the money, but she seemed interested in the Flame Emperor so there's hope yet!

Okay so we played Three Houses yesterday. My sister is awfully curious about Marienne. She's also making half of her students into mages, two heroes, and everyone else as their default class. We already recruited Ferdinand and Caspar and we're trying to recruit Bernadetta next because I really want to see her reaction to it.

10 hours ago, escotanner said:

Okay so we played Three Houses yesterday. My sister is awfully curious about Marienne. She's also making half of her students into mages, two heroes, and everyone else as their default class. We already recruited Ferdinand and Caspar and we're trying to recruit Bernadetta next because I really want to see her reaction to it.

Which students are going mage?

And what chapter is she up to?

On 10/16/2019 at 5:29 AM, Anathaco said:

Which students are going mage?

And what chapter is she up to?

Hilda, Marienne, Lysithea, Ignatz, Annette, and Mercedes. Also, she's on chapter 2.

We played Three Houses for two hours yesterday.

My sister likes Raphael a bit more now after watching his supports, but absolutely hates Lorenz. She also beat Chapter 2 and figured out that Sothis was the goddess (mostly because I'm a terrible liar). She also decided to recruit Linhardt and is upset that she has to kill Ashe's Dad (still not recruiting him). Oh and also she hates Leonie a bit because she keeps talking about Jeralt.

We played Three Houses yesterday.

My sister decided to recruit Ashe since she felt bad for killing his dad. I suggested we kill Lonato with Ashe and she called me a monster (I mean it's not like everyone didn't do that). She was able to complete her first battle by herself (with a little bit of my help) and has already reached level 10. She still doesn't like Lorenz, is really curious why Marienne is always such a downer, and is iffy on Sylvain. Oh and she thinks Flayn is Serios now so that's good.

Lol. I gotta say: these anecdotes of your sister playing FE16 are quite enjoyable; it's rather refreshing to consider a noob's perspective on the game. I 50/50 agree and rofl. Might be cool to include some more of the gameplay particularities too though. (e.g. strategy, map progression, epic wins/fails on the map etc.)

I had my brother play FE15 in this manner as well; it surely does make it interesting for me to see their fresh approach to a game you know so well. I was not so cruel, however, to blind him throughout the playthrough. 😛 (Which is to say: I could not stand seeing him play through it sub-optimally, regarding recruitment and items etc. so I spilled the beans)

Also, can you pay me 5 USD/h to play the game too, please?

• 3 weeks later...

We finally got around to playing Three Houses today.

Thanks to me buying the DLC, my sister quickly changed her outfit, but is still bitter about the way her hair looks. She also got Anna and was excited to play with the cats and dogs around the monastery. We weren't able to recruit any students today, but she was able to get Bernadetta's B support (all she said was that it was sad) as well as few other students' supports. We still weren't able to get on to Chapter 3 because she decided to go grind up her units. 

During one of the fights, she nearly lost Lysithea and Raphael kept critting nonstop. Her Claude and Byleth are the strongest characters she currently has and Lorenz is doing surprisingly well as a brawler considering brawling is his weakness. She plans to raise everyone to level 20 pretty soon which is weird because she's already overpowered and she's on normal, but it's not my playthrough I guess. She's starting to learn how to play the game by herself, but she keeps forgetting how to switch weapons. Next time, we're going to take on Lonato's rebellion and hopefully recruit more students!

4 hours ago, escotanner said:

We finally got around to playing Three Houses today.

Thanks to me buying the DLC, my sister quickly changed her outfit, but is still bitter about the way her hair looks. She also got Anna and was excited to play with the cats and dogs around the monastery. We weren't able to recruit any students today, but she was able to get Bernadetta's B support (all she said was that it was sad) as well as few other students' supports. We still weren't able to get on to Chapter 3 because she decided to go grind up her units. 

During one of the fights, she nearly lost Lysithea and Raphael kept critting nonstop. Her Claude and Byleth are the strongest characters she currently has and Lorenz is doing surprisingly well as a brawler considering brawling is his weakness. She plans to raise everyone to level 20 pretty soon which is weird because she's already overpowered and she's on normal, but it's not my playthrough I guess. She's starting to learn how to play the game by herself, but she keeps forgetting how to switch weapons. Next time, we're going to take on Lonato's rebellion and hopefully recruit more students!

She'll be swimming in master classes by the time she meets the Death Knight.

• 1 month later...

Whew, it's been a while. We finally got around to playing Three Houses again. After going through the supports, my sister still hates Lorenz and Lysithea, but she likes Hilda because she's a "master manipulator". During Lysithea's supports, my sister swore at her because of her bossy attitude especially when we got around to her C support with Ignatz. When we got to Chapter 3, she instantly fell in love with Catherine (mostly thanks to the cutscene). During the battle, she nearly lost Marienne, Byleth missed an 85, Lysithea tanked several hits that should've killed her, and Ferdinand's hand axe broke. When it came to fighting Lonato, Ignatz dealt the finishing blow with a crit which was oh so satisfying. After the battle when Claude talked about his family, my sister got really curious at to where his mom was, but what really got her attention was the plot to assassinate Rhea. Lastly, when Rhea did her whole tangent on striking down civilians for the sake of the church, we both exchanged looks because we've seen similar behavior as Christians in the church. Next time, I hope we recruit some more people and we prepare to take on Chapter 4.