What else do you want to be a human right or have some sort of legal policy?

XRay

I ranted about wanting nudity to be a human right, so now it is your turn!

What lesser known issue do you want to spotlight and have as a human right or have some sort of legal recognition?

For another example, I want ALL products sold in stores to be clearly labeled about their country of origin. The packaging or the product must have an origin label that is at least 2 inches in length and 1 inch in width, and have the flag of the country of origin next to it. Any product that does not have country of origin and flag clearly labeled will have the store be slapped with a $10,000 fine for each product mislabeled or unlabeled. I am sick and tired of stores covering up the origin label with stupid price and bar code stickers.

I want pets to be allowed in all apartments. Why I need written permission from a doctor/mental health professional to allow me to have my quiet cat who bothers nobody, and I can hear children screaming at midnight who are always allowed, it irks me.

I understand there's a lot of what ifs here.

I want pets to be allowed in all apartments. Why I need written permission from a doctor/mental health professional to allow me to have my quiet cat who bothers nobody, and I can hear children screaming at midnight who are always allowed, it irks me.

I understand there's a lot of what ifs here.

I want the legal right to punch people who make fun of type one diabetics in the face, and after that they have to take a class that teaches them what type one is an why it is a life threatening illness that deserves support from healthy people.  Either that or they have to donate $10K to finding a cure.  The amount of hate I have gotten for my immune system attacking my pancreas when I was 3 years old could fill a library, so anyone that makes fun of the thing that has almost killed me more times then I can count needs a punch to the nose.

Edited by EricaofRenais

I want the legal right to send anybody who smokes in a public place to the Shadow Realm. At home or whatever it’s fine, but can you seriously not smoke in front of this storefront, or right next to me at the bus stop, please and thank you?

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

I want the legal right to punch people who make fun of type one diabetics in the face, and after that they have to take a class that teaches them what type one is an why it is a life threatening illness that deserves support from healthy people.  Either that or they have to donate $10K to finding a cure.  The amount of hate I have gotten for my immune system attacking my pancreas when I was 3 years old could fill a library, so anyone that makes fun of the thing that has almost killed me more times then I can count needs a punch to the nose.

Are they equating it with Type 2 Diabetes?

Can we create an internet law where nobody is allowed to start a sentence with "Am I the only one who..." and then mentions something that everybody in that venue would very obviously agree with? For example "Am I the only one who finds Lyn Mode to be too hand holdy?" And it's like, is there anybody who would argue the opposite? Look, I get it, a lot of us are lacking the feeling of being validated in life, but your post is a waste of bandwidth, friendo. And although my example is very mild, a lot of the ones I've seen happen to be needlessly negative or suspiciously aimed at starting a flame war such as "Am I the only one who doesn't like Camilla?"

Edited by Glennstavos

Anyone who attempts to use their religion (or lack thereof) to limit individual freedoms should be herded into a specialized neighborhood.  This means that a teacher can hang the Ten Commandments in their classroom, but they can't force the kid to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

If done correctly, this should irritate a lot of people who have very little in common, religion-wise.

4 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Are you the new Soul now? 

I wish. I am not that good at shit posting yet.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Can we create an internet law where nobody is allowed to start a sentence with "Am I the only one who..." and then mentions something that everybody in that venue would very obviously agree with? For example "Am I the only one who finds Lyn Mode to be too hand holdy?" And it's like, is there anybody who would argue the opposite? Look, I get it, a lot of us are lacking the feeling of being validated in life, but your post is a waste of bandwidth, friendo. And although my example is very mild, a lot of the ones I've seen happen to be needlessly negative or suspiciously aimed at starting a flame war such as "Am I the only one who doesn't like Camilla?"

Though to be fair I doubt you are really going to get someone to argue against not liking Camilla though. 

9 hours ago, Anathaco said:

I want the legal right to send anybody who smokes in a public place to the Shadow Realm. At home or whatever it’s fine, but can you seriously not smoke in front of this storefront, or right next to me at the bus stop, please and thank you?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Are they equating it with Type 2 Diabetes?

Some times.  Other times people will say dumb stuff like "a shot makes it all better and you don't need a cure" among other things.  I just get very frustrated because of it and want to teach those people a lesson. 

25 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Some times.  Other times people will say dumb stuff like "a shot makes it all better and you don't need a cure" among other things.  I just get very frustrated because of it and want to teach those people a lesson. 

That seems pretty ignorant.  Insulin injections are involved, but that's a lifelong thing, not a one and done.

It should be illegal for a business.to go full digital with its job applications.

Between people with disabilities aggravated by computer screens and those who do not have access to a computer/internet, there is a sizable enough of a minority that killing paper is so blatantly discriminatory.

i mean heck take it one step further and I would say that a person should not have to fill out an application until after their resume has been read by the employer. 

Expecting job seekers to spend hours filling out different job applications with no hope of even getting an interview defeats the purpose of a resume and takes away from time they could be looking for other job.

You shouldn’t have to fill out an application with more specifics until AT LEAST you have an interview scheduled indicating a higher probability of employment.

Edited by Dr. C

Mandatory pay raises for public servants (teachers, public doctors, nurses, etc.) scaling to length of time in job

also, smoking areas but for fighting, because I have so many people I want to beat the shit out of but can't due to legal reasons

3 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

With all due respect, what exactly would punching someone in the face teach them? All it expresses is that what they have said has made you angry. There are other ways to handle things like that. I can't think of any at the minute but I'm sure there are less aggressive solutions.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I want a policy that makes country leaders go to war on their own.
You want to wage war on another country, usually for money? Then do it by yourself and leave innocents out of your shit. 

I'd vote to overrule this in favour of replacing it with a cage match to the death.