What else do you want to be a human right or have some sort of legal policy?

XRay

Nah, I have a better idea.

If countries want to wage war, they can do so via vintage Magic: The Gathering matches.  All decks must be made using personal funds.

6 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

With all due respect, what exactly would punching someone in the face teach them? All it expresses is that what they have said has made you angry. There are other ways to handle things like that. I can't think of any at the minute but I'm sure there are less aggressive solutions.

The thing is I explain until I am out of breath, but no one cares.  I have never gotten an apology for the stuff people have said even after explaining.  I have tried non aggressive means for most of my life to no affect.  I have had it with being the "nice" and"bigger" person, I want to be able to use my fists to do something since people Hate type ones so much it drives me crazy because the uncaring has been causing people like me to die.  

6 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have had that in the same post I'm advocating peace in. It almost seems tacky and indecisive.

I just figured you were joking about the cage matches, which is acceptable.

I also figured the punching people who make fun of diabetics thing was a joke.

You know, like my post about persecuting infidels. "Hahah, how intolerant! It's funny because we know it's a bad thing even though we get so upset about less important things than religion."

'Cause if our responses to this thread weren't meant to be jokes, I'd have said something like education reform or prison reform. You know, we'd talk about actual political issues and not silly pipe dreams, and the thread would be banished to hellish shadow realm known as Serious Discussions.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

'Cause if our responses to this thread weren't meant to be jokes, I'd have said something like education reform or prison reform. You know, we'd talk about actual political issues and not silly pipe dreams, and the thread would be banished to hellish shadow realm known as Serious Discussions.

I do not expect serious answers, since Serious Discussions already does that and it can get heavy over there.

I expect jokes, semi serious answers, and fun light hearted responses.

8 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

The thing is I explain until I am out of breath, but no one cares.  I have never gotten an apology for the stuff people have said even after explaining.  I have tried non aggressive means for most of my life to no affect.  I have had it with being the "nice" and"bigger" person, I want to be able to use my fists to do something since people Hate type ones so much it drives me crazy because the uncaring has been causing people like me to die.  

But that's... so sad... although now that I've slept I've got a passive/aggressive method of attempting to educate those dickheads. The only thing springing to mind is forcing them to consider being in your position. So much so that it makes them literally start to squirm with the inability to tolerate the idea. Drive home to them why you kick far more ass than they can comprehend.

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I just figured you were joking about the cage matches, which is acceptable.

I also figured the punching people who make fun of diabetics thing was a joke.

You know, like my post about persecuting infidels. "Hahah, how intolerant! It's funny because we know it's a bad thing even though we get so upset about less important things than religion."

Sort of. I was just trying to make it clear that I seem to be at odds with myself, advocating peace and then making an immediate 180 going from:

"No, don't hurt them! They are too foolish to understand."
to
"YEAH! FUCKIN' KILL 'EM! TEAR THEIR THROAT OUT AND WEAR IT AS BELT!"

Makes me seem mentally all over the place. Which to be honest I'm not sure about...

@Light Strategist I was being a bit sarcastic, because IRL I am a pretty easy going person.  I would never really punch somebody in the nose for saying stuff, but yes I have had the rest of the things I have said happen to me IRL.  It is just really hard being a type one diabetic right now, because no one cares about how if something happens to screw up the calculations I make with my meds I can die and anyone that doesn't know me very well would not call the paramedics until it was too late.

Edited by EricaofRenais

18 hours ago, eclipse said:

If countries want to wage war, they can do so via vintage Magic: The Gathering matches.

Wait till we see people walking around with four Icy Manipulators, four Black Lotuses and all that shit.

BTW, you're not banning Chaos Orbs, are you?

6 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

@Light Strategist I was being a bit sarcastic, because IRL I am a pretty easy going person.  I would never really punch somebody in the nose for saying stuff, but yes I have had the rest of the things I have said happen to me IRL.  It is just really hard being a type one diabetic right now, because no one cares about how if something happens to screw up the calculations I make with my meds I can die and anyone that doesn't know me very well would not call the paramedics until it was too late.

Being flat about it. I know for a fact that I couldn't handle being in your position. What I eat is so narrow-scoped that I'm sure that unless it's salty, it's more than likely full of sugar content somewhere. I'd legitimately wind up dead from being in your position just because my diet is so narrow. (And truthfully, I'd also rather not talk about it.) You're far stronger than you're credited for being and I have no choice but to give you that much. You deserve so much more than what people seem to be giving you and the fact that people are berating you for something that's out of your control is beyond disgusting. Keep your strength and fortitude high. Too many people these days lack those qualities.

2 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Being flat about it. I know for a fact that I couldn't handle being in your position. What I eat is so narrow-scoped that I'm sure that unless it's salty, it's more than likely full of sugar content somewhere. I'd legitimately wind up dead from being in your position just because my diet is so narrow. (And truthfully, I'd also rather not talk about it.) You're far stronger than you're credited for being and I have no choice but to give you that much. You deserve so much more than what people seem to be giving you and the fact that people are berating you for something that's out of your control is beyond disgusting. Keep your strength and fortitude high. Too many people these days lack those qualities.

Thank you for your words, they mean a lot!  I can eat some sweets I just have to know the amount of sugar in it so I can give insulin for it. Type one is my cause I guess, so every time I have to deal with uncaring people it can make me mad.  Especially when diabetes jokes are fair game and those jokes spread misinformation that make type ones be in a jam because of it.  I personally believe that every health issue deserves support and understanding and should not be made a joke.

@EricaofRenais I'm type two. People are mostly nice to me but it gets annoying when I order a diet pop and they bring me a regular one, and I have to say "I ordered diet I cannot have this". Mild annoyance compared to yours. To me this sounds like how some people treat food allergies. Like if you're allergic to peanuts you can't just pick them off, even a tiny trace can land you in the ER and people don't get it. I imagine if I had to constantly explain myself like you say you do I'd have that same reaction.

And then you have the "healthcare" system in the US where people have died from rationing insulin because they couldn't get more in time. They were murdered by Big Pharma, no two ways about it. I'm currently fighting with insurance and the doctor and the pharmacy to get my new diabetes pill, my blood sugar has suffered for the past few days. Big Pharma does not care. If I were to drop dead Big Pharma would lose nothing. I won't, but still.

8 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

@EricaofRenais I'm type two. People are mostly nice to me but it gets annoying when I order a diet pop and they bring me a regular one, and I have to say "I ordered diet I cannot have this". Mild annoyance compared to yours. To me this sounds like how some people treat food allergies. Like if you're allergic to peanuts you can't just pick them off, even a tiny trace can land you in the ER and people don't get it. I imagine if I had to constantly explain myself like you say you do I'd have that same reaction.

And then you have the "healthcare" system in the US where people have died from rationing insulin because they couldn't get more in time. They were murdered by Big Pharma, no two ways about it. I'm currently fighting with insurance and the doctor and the pharmacy to get my new diabetes pill, my blood sugar has suffered for the past few days. Big Pharma does not care. If I were to drop dead Big Pharma would lose nothing. I won't, but still.

Yeah, Big Pharma and the insurance companies are really bad right now.  My insurance always tries to short change me on my insulin, lucky for me I have a good doctor who says my dosage is higher then it really is so I have not run out yet.  I may end up having to get a passport and going to Mexico for my meds next year when my insurance runs out, unless I am able to get a job with benefits before July next year.  

On 10/14/2019 at 5:46 AM, Karimlan said:

Wait till we see people walking around with four Icy Manipulators, four Black Lotuses and all that shit.

BTW, you're not banning Chaos Orbs, are you?

If it's legal in Magic, it's fine by me.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or just arrange a Geneva Cardvention. And if someone violates it, the damage is preventable.

. ..this was talking about waging war through vintage Magic: The Gathering, using personal funds for decks.  Which would either be highly amusing or a great deterrent.  Win/win as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, eclipse said:

. ..this was talking about waging war through vintage Magic: The Gathering, using personal funds for decks.  Which would either be highly amusing or a great deterrent.  Win/win as far as I'm concerned.

...And I was just trying to make a terrible pun for the first part.

The second part was semi-serious, semi-nonsensical. The damage being preventable part being that, unlike banned weapons, if someone played a card against the rules, you could just invalidate it with no actual effects to the actual card game war. You can't unscramble chemical gas damages.

...I'll just put the above post on the "miss" side of my posting quality average, as opposed to the "hit" side.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And I was just trying to make a terrible pun for the first part.

The second part was semi-serious, semi-nonsensical. The damage being preventable part being that, unlike banned weapons, if someone played a card against the rules, you could just invalidate it with no actual effects to the actual card game war. You can't unscramble chemical gas damages.

...I'll just put the above post on the "miss" side of my posting quality average, as opposed to the "hit" side.

See, a generic Cardvention would mean that the leaders could use a cheaper game to weasel out of the requirements.  And I want this to hurt their pocketbooks. 😛

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

See, a generic Cardvention would mean that the leaders could use a cheaper game to weasel out of the requirements.  And I want this to hurt their pocketbooks. 😛

The pocket pain won't happen unless you ban lobbyists first. Otherwise they'll shell out whatever it takes to get the rare cards to the right politicians.

And, the Secret Service is going to require its budget be expanded tenfold. Not to protect the President, but to do its other job- stopping counterfeiters. Perfect fake cards that nobody notices are illegitimate are the other workaround. 

-But I'm seriously overthinking things.😅

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The pocket pain won't happen unless you ban lobbyists first. Otherwise they'll shell out whatever it takes to get the rare cards to the right politicians.

And, the Secret Service is going to require its budget be expanded tenfold. Not to protect the President, but to do its other job- stopping counterfeiters. Perfect fake cards that nobody notices are illegitimate are the other workaround. 

-But I'm seriously overthinking things.😅

But that means the lobbyists would need the money first. 😛

Now, imagine a fortified door, that can only be opened with the right code and some random biometrics from at least three people.  And then. . .

"Mr. President, these are our country's greatest weapons.  The Birds of Paradise won the last economic battle with China."

On 10/13/2019 at 5:00 PM, eclipse said:

Nah, I have a better idea.

If countries want to wage war, they can do so via vintage Magic: The Gathering matches.  All decks must be made using personal funds.

Love it.

Policy Addendum:  Tendrils of Agony is a war crime 

On 10/16/2019 at 5:50 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Hopefully Wizards of the Coast doesn't print and donate special cards to people who share their political agenda.

Or they make specialty sets just for waging war!  Preferably with inflated mana costs for negligible power gain.

13 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Love it.

Policy Addendum:  Tendrils of Agony is a war crime 

It wouldn't have been so bad without that keyword!

7 hours ago, Karimlan said:

After a short talk with @eclipse, I'm perfectly fine with banning Chaos Orbs.

In exchange for making Unglued legal. 😛