Mounted units aren't the only ones' who can't use Gauntlets

First time poster to this place, long time visitor, so apologies for formatting.

Anyways so I've been a fan of FE for a while now and recently got three houses and played it for maybe a week now and been just having fun and noticed something.

So we are all aware of how Mounted units can't use Guantlets while mounted but am I the only one who finds it odd how the primary magic using classes in the game can't use gauntlets?

So far only Nobles/Commoners, Dancer, Enlighten one, and Mortal savant are the only magic users who can also weild Gauntlets. Same goes for if you're trying to equip the unarmed combat skill, it'll let you equip it but you can't actually use your bare fist.

Maybe later down the line we might get a DLC class, like maybe a Mystic or some sort of Martial artist class that can use magic kinda like a Brawling magus and what not?

I did not notice that.  I guess I never tried to have Hubert rush someone with his fists.  That's really weird, because I was pretty sure they restricted mounted gauntlet users just because the animation would look funny from horse back.  Maybe more signs that the game was rushed?

Fates wasn't rushed, Fates was a bad game. Three Houses was rushed in the sense that IntSys were incredibly ambitious with this project to the point that after multiple delays Nintendo had to set a deadline and they had to wrap up the work whether it was truly done or not.

I doubt the gauntlets thing has anything to do with it, though, given that all of the casting classes that they expect to use weapons can use gauntlets.

fair enough, and yeah you probably have no reason to put them on a mage anyways like ya said but it was just a fun little detail I noticed, and the only magic users Who can probably justify using them anyways are people who already fit into better hybrid classes that can use them and even then you'll more then likely just focus on one aspect of their specilaztion and tack on a magic weapon for those rare occasions

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

To be fair, with gauntlets being as weak as they are, mages would probably be doing no damage or next to it.

12 hours ago, Arachnofiend said:

Fates wasn't rushed, Fates was a bad game. Three Houses was rushed in the sense that IntSys were incredibly ambitious with this project to the point that after multiple delays Nintendo had to set a deadline and they had to wrap up the work whether it was truly done or not.

I doubt the gauntlets thing has anything to do with it, though, given that all of the casting classes that they expect to use weapons can use gauntlets.

Might be a stretch but normally if a mage is left un-armed they'd auto switch to their weakest spell that they can use at the moment, and with classes like Brawlers and Grapplers that will switch to their unarmed fighting stance, so it might be a small coding error or might have been clash of coding, since mages technically already come with an unarmed combat skill it's possible that it locks them out of guantlets but even then it just seems odd,

Unless it's a weird lore kinda deal minda like with DnD and Pathfinder where unless you learned or specialized to cast with stuff in/on your hands it messes with the hand motions to cast the spell, but the unarmed strike skill kinda disproves that theory unless that's just for continuity 

On 10/14/2019 at 4:28 PM, Shadow Mir said:

To be fair, with gauntlets being as weak as they are, mages would probably be doing no damage or next to it.

Gauntlets on mages would be good for primarily-physical units that you're reclassing to Mage for Fiendish Blow / Faith Support / Raising Reason. Like, I had Catherine spend time as a Mage to make itto Mortal Savant, and losing gauntlets kinda sucked (even if I was, of course, trying to raise Reason rank).

On 10/14/2019 at 1:28 PM, Shadow Mir said:

For what it’s worth, you can forge a magic gauntlet from the Blacksmith with Arcane Crystals.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, Ari Chan said:

For what it’s worth, you can forge a magic gauntlet from the Blacksmith with Arcane Crystals.

Unfortunately, it's A rank, and has only 2 might, which means you'd likely be better off just using spells instead.

EDIT: Not to mention that forging it requires A+ Professor Level.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Enlightened One can use gauntlets since brawling is one of Byleth’s better weapon paths at the start, and the job is a infantry catch-all surprise promotion for whatever build you were playing Byleth with. 

Mortal Savant is pitched as a master step for Swordmaster, with each canon sword focussed unit also supporting gauntlet usage. 

Dancer could also be any unit aside from teachers, so you need to have all weapons open. 

Right now I have a sword/gauntlet Byleth build going because it works with Enlightened One and I’ve hardly experimented with the weapons so far, and the real advantage is the brave effect. 

The thing that really bugs me is brawler path jobs being gender locked, but it is what it is.