I started Sacred Stones again, but there's a catch

I haven't played Sacred Stones for a long time, because I believe the game is very easy - so I decided to change all that. I'm going to play it on hardest difficulty without abusing the tower, and also

Whenever a unit dies, you can sabotage my run somehow.

No idea how to do it? Make a reasonable call. Like a turn limit on a chapter, or deny me using certain items, or bench a unit for X chapters, or whatever crazy thing comes to my mind that is not over the top. What I would not agree on is sell certain items or bench a unit forever unless a very strong reason was given for it.

With that being said, I lost Gilliam in Chapter 6 fog of war map - as an armor knight he took double hits, and didn't dodge anything. 2*8 and 2*4 or something was enough to do him in. I'm going for Chapter 7 now. If you have any questions, let me know.

Now, how would you make future chapters more difficult for me?

Instead of Benching Seth forever, how about you make it so that he can only use vulneraries to heal himself, and he must be weighed down by weapons?

Well, this is already a punishment for my mistake in fog of war, so I'll go with the idea of @samthedigital to bench Seth for good. Knowing the history of Seth, the reasoning is pretty good.

I'll let you know if something bad happened again. Damnit Seth, you just reached Lv2.

Well, we didn't have to wait too long for our next victim. Lute died. I was aware that she's in the archers range, but I didn't pay attention of the mage across the mountain. Both hit and was just enough to put her down.

So, Chapter 7 is about to begin, but it's your turn again to put a setback on me.

• Ch.6: Gilliam died, samthedigital said: bench Seth permanently
  • Ch.7: Lute died, waiting for sabotage
Edited by Garlyle

How about no effective weaponry? If that's too lax, how about that everyone you are using must be weighed down by an equipped weapon?

2 hours ago, Bhoop said:

How about no effective weaponry? If that's too lax, how about that everyone you are using must be weighed down by an equipped weapon?

Sorry, but I'm going to skip on your suggestion again. I didn't exactly understand what you try here, and did you mean this as a 1-chapter thing or something else? Also you came up with 2 ideas and I need to decide which one would be the viable choice. Come back at me with more confidence, or I'll slip away.

1 hour ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

You must make Amelia go down the Knight->General route. Have fun with low movement.

Oh, I see what you did there. But you know what, I'll take it. Getting a slow unit means I need to be a bit of a turtle, which is sometimes the safe route.

Unless something goes horribly wrong. You're on.

Good news, Forde died in Chapter 9, Ephraim route.

Chapter was going pretty well, until the reinforcements hit me hard. There were way more ranged attack that targeted him in the turning point of the corridor, and the number of the enemies were overwhelming for a short while. Also I ran out of bows and magic tomes at the end of the chapter. Got Amelia, she's a Lv.2 recruit yet, because I found little spot to train her. Neimi, Franz and Kyle are ready to promote, but I might hold on for a while. I didn't go to the Tower of Valni, I was thinking to only go there once; when more floors are unlocked, but not sure yet. Not interested about random map encounters.

Also I just realized I screwed up the chapter numbers. Anyway, it's your turn again guys.

• Ch.7: Lute died, Azure, Roundabouted Out said: Amelia must go for the General promotion
  • Ch.9: Forde died, waiting for sabotage
Edited by Garlyle

1 hour ago, De Geso said:

Ephraim is not allowed to promote at all.

That's an interesting one. Btw, I continued playing after I read this.

Tana died. A ballista one-shotted her, my mortal enemies.

On turn 8 from the 10 turn defense, she was just in range of the ballista, 10 tiles away - I didn't check the range of the bottom ship, because I was fighting with the cavalries on the top part of the map. At least she was able to recruit Cormag for me before, so it's not the end of the world, but for the first time I had a bad feeling about this run. Not because of the setbacks, but because of my plays.

• Ch.7: Lute died, Azure, Roundabouted Out said: Amelia must go for the General promotion
  • Ch.9: Forde died, De Geso said: Ephraim not allowed to promote at all.
  • Ch.10: Tana died, waiting for sabotage.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, Garlyle said:
  • Ch.9: Forde died, De Geso said: Ephraim not allowed to promote at all.
  • Ch.10: Tana died, waiting for sabotage.

God, this is just terrible (no offense). 

If these aren't too cruel, take your pick (take the difficulty with a grain of salt: that's my opinion). 

#1: You aren't allowed to use Duessel on Phantom Ship (Difficulty: Very Difficult).

#2: You cannot use any legendary weapons (Exception: 21B. Difficulty: Not Too Difficult)

#3: You have to go for Riev on chapter 19 (like, rush him), no Warp Staff or any of those shenanigans (Difficulty: Insane, unless you don't care about character deaths)

#4: You can only use Iron Weapons. Javelins, Hand Axes count. (Difficulty: Normal) 

#5: You aren't allowed to use the Swifsole (Difficulty: Not Too Bad)

I'll think of some more later, if you really want. I would consider myself an expert in Sacred Stones, so I can provide some stuff, I'm sure 🙂

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This might be a bit too much,  but how about flying units can only move every other turn. 

That's stupid and gimmicky. It won't test the OP's skill in any way. @Garlyle, don't. 

How about...whatever promotion items you have, you must use immediately? If you can't you must use a unit who can use the promotion item, and from now on, when you get a promotion item, you must use that promotion item immediately? If you can't the above applies? (This would obviously exclude the "Ephraim cannot promote" sabotage)

hmm, maybe try this one on for size:

For the next three chapters, Staves can only be used every three turns. (say you have two staff users, you could alternate their turns in a pattern not dissimilar to: turn 2, staff A; turn 3 staff B; turn 5: A...) could be interesting, but if not feel free to bypass this one.

On 10/20/2019 at 11:11 PM, Mukmuk said:

#1: You aren't allowed to use Duessel on Phantom Ship (Difficulty: Very Difficult).

Now we're cooking.

Actually I made a test run on this map without looking up any maps or enemy list, and the team did well, but around turn 5 the whole defense fell apart. But I think it's possible to survive this. I'll consider it, but I know a lot of people find this map the hardest.

Edited by Garlyle

On October 22, 2019 at 1:03 AM, Garlyle said:

Now we're cooking.

Actually I made a test run on this map without looking up any maps or enemy list, and the team did well, but around turn 5 the whole defense fell apart. But I think it's possible to survive this. I'll consider it, but I know a lot of people find this map the hardest.

It's most definitely possible. If you want a hint: 

Spoiler

There is a way to clear the entire thing in 6-ish turns. You'll have to use a little bit of fuckery, though. Since you're not using Seth, and you've lost Tana, this'll be a little bit harder.

The basic idea is to send two mounted, hopefully 20/1d or at least 15/1d units (In this case, Kyle and Franz) stocked up with javelins, with a healer up, (if you are using him) Duessel or Ephraim (if he is Tanky enough) to the bottom with a throwable. Send both, actually. Split units accordingly. 

Send Vanessa down to take care of the eyeballs lurking around the bottom. Since the boss spawns on turn 5 or 6, send Cormag to the location. Promote him (beforehand), then equip a Killer Lance and pray for CRIT. The entire idea is just to rush. 

If this is sounding like BS to you, I don't blame you. You have some units that would significantly ease this that are dead, so, yeah. I don't entirely remember the details on this, so don't shoot the messenger. Just know there is a way to clear this quickly. 

Yeah. If you read the hint, just know that it's technically better to rush than bunker up, because bunkering up on, let's say, the starting ship, you will lose a unit, technically. While, if you rush, you have more room to maneuver. Again, this is all technically speaking.