Tears of Serenia - Boss Recruitment

Sire

21 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm uncertain how mad I should be at you for this.

Very

41 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Ehhhehhehh, uh..., he might, take some of them out by accident...maybe?

You've seen me work. The only way I'll get to kill anybody is if I am controlling the opposing army as well! Now, that'd be something...

Hey, don't mind me, I just read the "portraits must be 96x96" requirement and felt a bit stupid. Just edited my earlier post with the right-sized portraits.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll post this here for more visibility from the forum viewers...

Currently there are talks about discarding the "Time Crash" idea (or make it into a lesser / background role) and instead place the focus on the "Ban Hammer," a mysterious artifact that grants Moderators their powers. While this won't affect Arc One much, I would still like to reference the main plotline in the starting chapters.

Anyone agree or disagree with the notion? I'm indifferent either way, and with how things are currently progressing, the Ban Hammer plotline will be used instead.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Currently there are talks about discarding the "Time Crash" idea (or make it into a lesser / background role) and instead place the focus on the "Ban Hammer," a mysterious artifact that grants Moderators their powers. While this won't affect Arc One much, I would still like to reference the main plotline in the starting chapters.

Anyone agree or disagree with the notion? I'm indifferent either way, and with how things are currently progressing, the Ban Hammer plotline will be used instead.

Maybe there could be a way to combine the two? Personally, I'm indifferent. But the Time Crash sounds cool.

17 hours ago, Sire said:

Ok love this

21 hours ago, Sire said:

Thought I'm also indifferent, why not have it as such:

In his attempt to change Serenia into his own vision, Anonymous plans to corrupt the Ban Hammer, the sacred relic of Serenia, then use it to cause a Time Crash event. However, no one is quite sure as how much power the Ban Hammer truly has, as no one would dare use it to the fullest.

On 12/3/2019 at 10:06 PM, KKAfterbrun said:

Thought I'm also indifferent, why not have it as such:

In his attempt to change Serenia into his own vision, Anonymous plans to corrupt the Ban Hammer, the sacred relic of Serenia, then use it to cause a Time Crash event. However, no one is quite sure as how much power the Ban Hammer truly has, as no one would dare use it to the fullest.

this can work as well.

or eventually, destroying the Ban Hammer could cause a time crash, and in order to restore things as they were before, it would need to be reforged.

Spots still open?

Character Name: Shrimpy
Forum Name: Shrimperor
Class: General 

Affiliation: Green Unit/recruitable.
Recruitment: Talk event with 'Rosie' only if she got the 'Christina' Tome/Sword (Shrimpy's PRF) from a village/event somewhere in the game.
Main Appearance: Act 3

96 x 96 Face Portrait:  This will be hard.... Gatrie but with Red hair? Can it be done?

Other Notes: Leader of the Shrimpy Pirates. After Serenes got changed he helped a group of people (Nameless NPC) and they try to survive and resist the Antagonist. A fan of the 'Odyssey of Christina' by Falco, which he named his lost personal Tome/sword after. He recognizes a Falco fan when he sees one, and so Rosie is able to recruit him. If possible, make him a general who can use magic, if not, make his speciality Magic Weapons, with the PRF being a Magic Sword instead of Tome. Astronimicaly high Mag growth, decent def, weak everything else. If alive and not recruited, appears as a NPC in the penultimate Chapter to help the Party.

Relation to my 'forum' self: The 'Christina' weapon is named after Adol Christin from Ys, one of my fav. Series. The game is made by Falcom, and Lysithea (Rosie in game) is a huge Falcom fan as well (Thus Falco and recruitable by her). Alternative recruitment Method could be from Characters by users who are fans of the following series: Command and Conquer, Neptunia. I don't recognize any member in the character list who is fan of those as well except Sire, but he appears after my Character, i guess. If recruited by anyone else except Rosie, he doesn't get his PRF weapon 

Edited by Shrimperor

20 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Alternative recruitment Method could be from Characters by users who are fans of the following series: Command and Conquer, Neptunia. I don't recognize any member in the character list who is fan of those as well except Sire, but he appears after my Character, i guess. If recruited by anyone else except Rosie, he doesn't get his PRF weapon 

I’m also a big Falcom fan, although of the Trails series instead. Ys is closing in on the top of my backlog, though, Ys 1 & 2 is probably my next big RPG commit after I finish Dragon Quest XI.

1 minute ago, MegaTheGamer said:

I’m also a big Falcom fan, although of the Trails series instead. Ys is closing in on the top of my backlog, though, Ys 1 & 2 is probably my next big RPG commit after I finish Dragon Quest XI.

well then, he can recruit me with the PRF as well xD

If there's still slots available, I'd happily take that Knight Slot. 

Character Name: Fang
Forum Name: Shimmerfang
Class: Knight

Affiliation: Protagonist 
Recruitment: Green unit. Talk with Rezzy to recruit. 
Main Appearance: Act 1, Chapter 5. 

96 x 96 Face Portrait: Fang Portrait.bmpFang Portrait.bmp

Other Notes: 
•    Assets/Flaws: Asset Speed/Resistance; Flaw Defense
•    Character Personality: A generally well-intentioned and kind young man. Tends to find fault in himself before fault of others. 
•   Story Blurb: Just travelling the world in an effort to find a home of his own. 

Just posting an update here that only 2 playable character slots remain. To copy the main post section about available positions...

Playable Characters
== 2 Playable Applications remain.
- Thief/Assassin (2 slots available)
- Archer/Sniper/Ranger (2 slots available)
- Knight (1 slot available)
- Cavalier/Paladin (2 slots available)
- Griffon Rider/Dragon Rider (2 slots available)

Open "Special" Positions (You can still apply for a normal slot, these are just special cases.)
- Wielder of "Dragon Bow"
- - - - - - - - - -
For some potential ideas...
-- Act 1/2 Archer (Only other Archer in the game is in Chapter 16.)
-- Thief/Assassin (To have a spare to open up chests and doors, although I probably may end up making a "Unlock" Staff instead.)
-- Cavalier/Paladin (Only Cavalier we have is recruited in Chapter 1, so there's plenty of room here.)
-- Griffon Rider/Dragon Rider (Again, our resident Griffon Rider is recruited in Chapter 2, so there's plenty of room.)

Of course, there's only 2 slots available among the 5 class lines, so choose whatever feels right for you! Personally, I would love another Archer and a Cavalier/Griffon Rider, but that's just me.

Also, the Dragon Bow is still up for grabs. If no one claims it, by default it'll go to Freohr Datia's character due to being the only Archer in the playable cast.

If you don't want to be a playable character or if the slots are filled, there are still plenty of Antagonist positions open! I could probably fit in "2 more recurring Antagonists" (the generals of Anonymous or something), with the rest mostly being one-off characters.

Holy Hell, I'm way too late for this one, ain't I? But maybe I deserve this after spending most of October playing Three Houses. Oh well.

I'll read everything else after I take care of something, but it seems there's some character slots remaining, right?  Hehe! So it's time for Bergelomeu, the good'old Sold-....Oh, you guys don't need another Soldier..I..uh..see..It's sad for me, but..I see. Well, at least this means that I can take the 'lacking' class and contribute..

Character Name: Bergelomeu
Forum Name: BergelomeuSantos 
Class: Archer/(Ranger if I end up as a Pre-Promote)

Affiliation: Protagonist
Recruitment: Either visit a Village or Automatic. Choose whatever Chapter before 16.
Main Appearance: Act 1 or 2 (To be true, I didn't really understand the 'Act' Thing.) 

96 x 96 Face Portrait: Well, being that I'm a freaking Jellyfish, this will be..er..interesting, to say the least. I might come up with something, but any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Other Notes: 

• Asset/Flaw: +Def/-Lck and Skl (Skl being > than Lck) (Other stats could be inclined to a Jack-of-all-trades?)
  • Dragon Bow: I don't really mind not having a Prf weapon. With that said, Freohr Datia can have it if she wants.
  • Joining Act/Chapter: Just throw me anywhere you need. I'm still trying to keep up with the actual progress. 
  • Personality: His personality isn't really that complex. He's just a good-two-shoes guy who loves animals and hates being judged for what he isn't. He also enjoys fighting, but never for something unjust. He's also insecure as hell
  • Story?: (Like I said before, I'm still trying to keep up with the progress, so I don't really what to put here.)

Whew..

1 hour ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

96 x 96 Face Portrait: Well, being that I'm a freaking Jellyfish, this will be..er..interesting, to say the least. I might come up with something, but any idea would be greatly appreciated.

You gotta go with a straight jellyfish wearing sunglasses, friend.

Let's see if i am lucky and my character appear here

Character Name: Sthal Von Dragnaguel
Forum Name: Sthal
Class: Archer

Affiliation: Protagonist
Recruitment: An enemy unit that will move to the lord and when is next to the Lord a dialog will start
Main Appearance: In the begging of the game

96 x 96 Face Portrait: I don't have it but an archer with long Green - Purple hair and

Other Notes: + in Luck and Dex/ - in Def and Res, the Dragon bow can be given to Freohr Datia, I join in the beginning if possible  while if you can't in the middle of the game. is Personality: He is Very energetic and do many jokes to his friends, he really like sweet and Jokes and is Story: "A noble that fight with the enemy for protect his lover from the war"

Edited by Sthal

4 hours ago, Sthal said:

Let's see if i am lucky and my character appear here

[Application]

One of the rules is to have an account older than October 14th, 2019. As you recently joined, you technically are not qualified to enter.

However, given that character applications are almost over and its been active for quite a while, I'll put you on a waiting list. If no one else takes the spot within a week, I'll give it to you.
That aside, if you want to appear as a boss character instead, I'll let you in there without any problems.

Edited by Sire

1 hour ago, Sire said:

One of the rules is to have an account older than October 14th, 2019. As you recently joined, you technically are not qualified to enter.

However, given that character applications are almost over and its been active for quite a while, I'll put you on a waiting list. If no one else takes the spot within a week, I'll give it to you.
That aside, if you want to appear as a boss character instead, I'll let you in there without any problems

Well sorry for the rule just read bad if after a week I can't be a protagonist the boss part is fine for me

Still sorry for the rule

All right, so I cleaned up the Discord of "non-approved" members as part of a New Year's cleaning. If I accidentally kicked you out, feel free to come right back in do the necessary steps to become approved.

As an aside, Sthal claimed the final character spot as no one else wanted it, so Tears of Serenia is officially capped on player characters! Now there's no reason for me to sit around and wait, unless I'm really strapped for ideas and boss encounters...

Let's hope that 2020 will be a good year and ToS will be complete before the year's end!

As an aside, Boss Applications are still open! If you want to be a boss or enemy character in ToS, just fill out the character sheet so I can add you to the list.

Man, there hasn't been an update here since the 3rd of January? Seems like yesterday I was waiting for character applications...

Anyways, Boss Applications are still open! For some general guidelines/ideas...

- Arcs 3 & 4 need one-off bosses in promoted classes. For most of these encounters, you will be a General or equivalent in Anon's army (the main antagonist). Depending on the backstory and chapter though, the affiliation may change (will still be an antagonist faction though).
- Arc 2 has two slots open for one-off bosses, specifically Chapters 8 and 10. Once again, the affiliation will be with Anon's army, although the class will remain as baseline.
-- A special case can be made for Chapter 9 if you have a partner. Originally it was supposed to be a male/female Lord duo, but if someone can come up with something better for the Twin Keeps chapter, please enlighten me!

- Giving more backstory allows for more potential scenario ideas which may become the focus of that chapter. In other words, choosing to be a boss in ToS allows you to design your own chapter to some extent! (Please check with the existing chapter notes so the storyline is coherent.)

Also, the account registration date requirement has been removed. So, if you are a new user who wants to be a boss, feel free to sign up!
-- Please note that playable characters has reached its limit. Only boss applications are being considered. Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Sire said:

Arc 2 has two slots open for one-off bosses, specifically Chapters 8 and 10. Once again, the affiliation will be with Anon's army, although the class will remain as baseline.

I got confused for a second because I thought "wait, wasn't I the boss for chapter 10?" then I checked the Google Doc.

Both scenarios are fine.

That sounds really cool, i'd love to be a boss in this game!

Character Name: Angelo

Forum Name: MrMinus

Class: Paladin

Affiliation:Antagonist

Main Appearance: Arc 4

portrait:Angeloportrait.png.8939e871e7f17fad15498dbd460bc70d.png

Other: Angelo would be a bit like a camus, not necessarily evil but fiercely loyal to Anon for some reason, if that's okay. Maybe he was saved by Anon or his army once. He'd be similar to Kent (Guess what), very disciplined, honorable, and serious, but a bit older. Gameplay-wise, he'd be pretty tough with especially high defense and skill and carry a spear or a similar weapon. His map should be pretty open with a lot of mounted enemies and a few reinforcements (No ambush spawns). The boss should definetely charge at you at some point. It would either be defeat boss or rout. It would be kinda cool if he could get a cameo in a village or something at an earlier point, like camus and selena, but if that's not possible, no worries. If there are issues with any of this, please let me know.

Edited by MrMinus

I guess I'll give this a shot. This looks like a cool project!

Character name: Benn Ice

Forum user name: Benice

Class: Druid

Affiliation: Antagonist

Main appearance: Arc 2 

Portrait: 1819486575_IAINTTHESHARPESTTOOLINTHESHEEEED.png.3d9eb0bb709f910278504edf55de0c1b.png

Backstory: Benn Ice is a young dark magic user who grew up with many artisinal skills including weapon forging and is proficient with many tools. He later discovered he had both a talent and passion for learning, so he enlisted into a university, quickly becoming a top student. He graduated two years prior to the events of the game and was hired by a "Mysterious light" to defend a key fortress and village on the path to the Banhammer shrine. 

He is kind, sweet and rather shy but presents himself as an extrovert. He tries to use tactics that minimize fatalities on both sides and prefers that his troops retreat rather than fight and die. He enjoys helping out in the forges in the village, dancing, hiking and reading. He is also known to write and tells bad puns a lot.

He dislikes fighting but wants to defend the villagers, with whom he has become popular. He has fallen in love with a maiden from the village and planned to ask her out before the events of his chapter.

He is actually part-manakete, (not directly, though) and is 58 years old but he is effectively a 19-year old with dark green hair and freckles. He has no wings or other physical traits of a manakete but does have heightened magical abilities due to his lineage.

I was thinking that his chapter could be completed by either siezing the fort or visiting the village at the bottom of the map to have the village maiden join the team as a green/yellow if possible,  civilian unit talk to him. 

Battle quotes: "I am sorry that we have to fight, but you won't be getting past me!"

If he survives, I was thinking he could either give the players and/or gold or perhaps join as a forge user in the preparation screen, kind of like Daniel from FE 9/10? Dunno if that's possible. If there's anything I need to revise, please just let me know!

He has very very well rounded stats in everything but hp and luck, otherwise sporting high def, res, speed, and very very high mag. 

Edited by Benice