Tears of Serenia - Boss Recruitment

Sire

Character Name: Xylagheon Borkus
Forum Name: Xylaugheon Daily
Class: Your choosing

Affiliation: None or Antagonist
Main Appearance: Once an Act, maybe? Or wherever you need someone.

96 x 96 Face Portrait: 

Other Notes: While I've been a member a while, I'm not exactly well known. That said, when I first started posting, I was the fellow poring over all kinds of data, theorycrafting, and providing builds for people. I especially obsess with the unorthodox, most recently known as "That guy who made a viable Enemy Phase Lysithea on NG Maddening."

My idea was to be a reoccurring enemy who is testing out his latest bastardizations (think really weird units with odd stats.) I was thinking it'd be similar to a Gigamesh encounter, happening a few times while trying to create the perfect being. You could even have him appear in different classes each time, while he's working on self improvement.

I don't exactly know what kind of tone you're developing, so it's hard to say what best would fit. I love the idea of being Betelgeuse levels of mad, but I also like the idea of having a vastly different personality each appearance, especially if the tone you want is more lighthearted or tongue in cheek.

Edited by Xylaugheon Daily

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrMinus

Alrighty, so I got you down to be the boss for Chapter 19. It'll be an open field battle, likely the first major engagement between Anon's Loyalists and the Serenian Resistance. I'll come up with more details as the foundation settles as I'm trying to focus on the first 12 chapters at the moment (Part One).

@Benice

I believe I incorporated your character to be the boss for Chapter 7. (Map Image).

Basically, your character was stationed in a fort farther away from the village and was coming back, only to see it in ruins. Through some misunderstanding (false information, hasty judgement, illusion spell, etc.), your character and his forces battle the party. The objective is to "Defeat Leader."

The NPCs are the Villagers and two recruitable characters (Kale K. and Cartwright), with the Female Villager representing the Maiden. The Maiden can be added to the party as a "Guest" character, and if she talks to Benn Ice, the chapter ends differently.

Does this work for your character inclusion? The other spots in Arc 2 are affiliated with Anon's forces (Chapters 8 & 10) which I believe goes against the submitted backstory.

@Xylaugheon Daily

At the moment I think your character will be a boss for a single chapter (maybe somewhere in Arc 3), but will come back repeatedly after defeat with a different strategy and class. It is likely your character will be affiliated with Anon's forces.

If that is okay, let me know!

@XRay

Tried to ping you on Discord, so I guess I'll try again here.

Is Boots a part of Anon's faction? At the moment I have Boots as a one-off boss in Chapter 11 as being the protectors of the Banhammer Citadel, but CH 11 doesn't do much regarding the character's backstory.

Otherwise I'll likely have to move the character elsewhere or to a paralogue as I'm not sure how to fit said character into the ongoing storyline.

General Boss Applications - 3/16/2020

Chapter 8 - In this particular chapter, you will be serving as Pengaius' subordinate. It will likely be a one-off, but there is potential to be reoccurring if the character is interesting enough (and if Pengaius likes you).
Chapter 9 - I'm just going to close this spot for the sake of simplicity as it has special requirements to it.
Chapter 10 - This spot is now closed as I'm simply giving it to Espurr.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Arc 3 & 4 - These spots are more open, but in general these characters will be one of Anon's Loyalists.
-- If you want to be an independent faction instead, there will have to be a good story reason for it that flows with the ongoing narrative. Arc 3 is your best bet for trying to be independent.
-- Arc 4 is more about the ongoing war between Anon's Loyalists and the Serenian Resistance.

Chapter 14 - The chapter will likely be a "Nature Temple" as it is the chapter where two Maneketes are recruited.
Chapter 16 - Currently no plans for 16 at the moment.
Chapter 17 - This chapter may be the "Boat Map" for Tears of Serenia. This is one of the few chapters that the boss could be independent instead of affiliated with Anon.
Chapter 20 - No real plans for Chapter 20, but it may be a "lore-related" chapter.
Chapter 21 - This is Sire's (my) recruitment chapter and will likely be a siege scenario.
Chapter 23 - An extra chapter that may tie up loose ends as needed. If there are none, this is basically an open space for Arc 4 and will occur before Serenia Castle and the finale.

1 minute ago, Sire said:

@XRay

Tried to ping you on Discord, so I guess I'll try again here.

Is Boots a part of Anon's faction? At the moment I have Boots as a one-off boss in Chapter 11 as being the protectors of the Banhammer Citadel, but CH 11 doesn't do much regarding the character's backstory.

Otherwise I'll likely have to move the character elsewhere or to a paralogue as I'm not sure how to fit said character into the ongoing storyline.

Yes, I am part of Anon's faction. If you have trouble fitting the character, feel free to move the character elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Sire said:

believe I incorporated your character to be the boss for Chapter 7. (Map Image).

Basically, your character was stationed in a fort farther away from the village and was coming back, only to see it in ruins. Through some misunderstanding (false information, hasty judgement, illusion spell, etc.), your character and his forces battle the party. The objective is to "Defeat Leader."

The NPCs are the Villagers and two recruitable characters (Kale K. and Cartwright), with the Female Villager representing the Maiden. The Maiden can be added to the party as a "Guest" character, and if she talks to Benn Ice, the chapter ends differently.

Does this work for your character inclusion? The other spots in Arc 2 are affiliated with Anon's forces (Chapters 8 & 10) which I believe goes against the submitted backstory.

Yep! Works fine for me. Sorry about the discrepancies.

40 minutes ago, Sire said:

Chapter 10 - This spot is now closed as I'm simply giving it to Espurr.

Wait, you said on Discord that I was getting chapter 8. Did you make a mistake or something?

14 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Wait, you said on Discord that I was getting chapter 8. Did you make a mistake or something?

Chapter 10 is the correct chapter.

This is what happens when I'm multitasking and get chapters mixed up. Sorry about that!

5 hours ago, Sire said:

@Xylaugheon Daily

At the moment I think your character will be a boss for a single chapter (maybe somewhere in Arc 3), but will come back repeatedly after defeat with a different strategy and class. It is likely your character will be affiliated with Anon's forces.

If that is okay, let me know!

Absolutely, my friend! Just happy to be included.

On 3/12/2020 at 3:00 PM, Benice said:

I guess I'll give this a shot. This looks like a cool project!

On 3/12/2020 at 9:18 AM, MrMinus said:

That sounds really cool, i'd love to be a boss in this game!

Other: Angelo would be a bit like a camus, not necessarily evil but fiercely loyal to Anon for some reason, if that's okay. Maybe he was saved by Anon or his army once.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:07 PM, Xylaugheon Daily said:

My idea was to be a reoccurring enemy who is testing out his latest bastardizations (think really weird units with odd stats.) I was thinking it'd be similar to a Gigamesh encounter, happening a few times while trying to create the perfect being. You could even have him appear in different classes each time, while he's working on self improvement.

Welcome to the team, boys. It's a pleasure to have you aboard. Your contributions will help make the indelible good a slightly less unrealized dream.

6 hours ago, Sire said:

@MrMinus

Alrighty, so I got you down to be the boss for Chapter 19. It'll be an open field battle, likely the first major engagement between Anon's Loyalists and the Serenian Resistance. I'll come up with more details as the foundation settles as I'm trying to focus on the first 12 chapters at the moment (Part One).

A boss slot fairly late in the game is an appropriate reward for such loyalty.

6 hours ago, Sire said:

Chapter 8 - In this particular chapter, you will be serving as Pengaius' subordinate. It will likely be a one-off, but there is potential to be reoccurring if the character is interesting enough (and if Pengaius likes you).

@Pengaius better get recruiting your other forum friends.

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

@Pengaius better get recruiting your other forum friends.

I know like 5 people, most of whom are already in ToS. But I'll see if I can find anything. 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You sure? Last time he tried, it didn't go so well for you...

Saint Rubenio Georg is an outlier and shouldn't be counted. 

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, but that doesn't backfire until Chapter 11, and this takes place in Chapter 8.

11 hours ago, Pengaius said:

I know like 5 people, most of whom are already in ToS. But I'll see if I can find anything. 

Even if they're not your friends, ask them as if they were your friends.

I don't know if it's too late now, but if it's more convienient I can either switch roles or make another boss, if you really needed it. 'Course, probably better candidates around for that.

Jinkies, hopefully y'all are still taking boss applications..

Name: Josh

Class: Assassin

Appearance: Have me as a pest type of character, I'll pop up occasionally throughout the game to mess with the lord's party. Then in the later part of the game, I'll finally be fightable as a boss.

Portrait: I'm not good with portraits..I'll find something out.

Affiliation: Since I know people will be making comparisons to me and Anonymous Speed..I'll be somewhat related to him. 

I'll add more as time goes on.

Edited by Brovett

On 3/17/2020 at 9:00 PM, Brovett said:

Affiliation: Since I know people will be making comparisons to me and Anonymous Speed..I'll be somewhat related to him. 

You should be the boss of my pink suit making factory.

1 hour ago, Brovett said:

An impeccable idea, Mr. Speed!

Can a 14 year old boy even run a suit making factory? Certainly something to ponder.

Eyy child gang. I certainly couldn't run a suit making factory. It just wouldn't SUIT me.

Besides, my character is 52/19, so I don't think it matters that much.

2 hours ago, Brovett said:

An impeccable idea, Mr. Speed!

Can a 14 year old boy even run a suit making factory? Certainly something to ponder.

I mean..I'm pretty sure some of the 'Food Places' around here have kids as their masters.

Specially the Açaí Place around my street. The kid even wears a Polo Shirt!

Ah! Lord Anon. Ah! Lord Anon. TWO Lord Anons! Lord Anonses? Lords Anon? Ohhhh, this makes my brain all buttery, mmmm butter.

On 3/17/2020 at 7:29 AM, Pengaius said:

Saint Rubenio Georg is an outlier and shouldn't be counted. 

Didn't I accidentally join the antagonist faction because I signed up for the wrong side?

4 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Didn't I accidentally join the antagonist faction because I signed up for the wrong side?

That's enlistment, I scouted Ruben, technically you aren't my responsibility, if anything that's the staffing officers problem, whoever that is. 

4 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

That's enlistment, I scouted Ruben, technically you aren't my responsibility, if anything that's the staffing officers problem, whoever that is. 

I'd set the staffing officer on fire for his mistake, but I use light magic.

On 3/17/2020 at 8:14 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, someone else got the invite. No idea what I'm doing for a portrait because I've done naught as a sprite worker... and have no idea what I should look like.

Character Name: The Mad Paladin
Forum Name: The Roger the Paladin (formerly Mad-Manakete, natch)
Class: Paladin.

Affiliation: Antagonist, most likely associated with Pengauis.
Main Appearance: Chapter 8. Probably recurring. Hell, if you need it I'll take a boss roll later.

96 x 96 Face Portrait: 

Other Notes: Not all there. Like really not all there. Basically a send-up of the Camus archetype... except instead of being dedicated to a cause, he's dedicated to the need for a Camus archetype in the adventure. Hence despite wishing to change sides, he refuses vehemently at all attempts to be recruited using logic that is warped beyond the recognition of mortal men. Ignores the fact he forgot to build up any sympathy with the player. Could probably have some back story revealed in a later chapter where he had been in charge of the army that decimated @Saint Rubenio's prior to both being introduced (provided permission is given), to give both characters a bit more position in the lore.

44 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

provided permission is given

Not sure whose permition you need, but if it's mine, sure, go ahead and become my archnemesis in this game. It'd be a surprising plottwist that it's you, and not @Pengaius.