Tears of Serenia - Boss Recruitment

Sire

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Not sure whose permition you need, but if it's mine, sure, go ahead and become my archnemesis in this game. It'd be a surprising plottwist that it's you, and not @Pengaius.

Well, if I'm working with him, I could be responsible for the report he misinterprets resulting in him recommending you to @AnonymousSpeed, leading to a completely tangled web of errors (your tactics leading to numerous deaths, my poor phrasing leading Pengaius to believe the deaths weren't your own soldiers, Pengaius misinterpreting said report... leading to your employment, leading to you joining the enemy again after your defeat). Which, in an ideal situation would give your character arc a mini-closure with my later appearance/defeat. So basically the idea is to have a sub-plot tying several characters together in an unusual manner.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Well, if I'm working with him, I could be responsible for the report he misinterprets resulting in him recommending you to @AnonymousSpeed, leading to a completely tangled web of errors (your tactics leading to numerous deaths, my poor phrasing leading Pengaius to believe the deaths weren't your own soldiers, Pengaius misinterpreting said report... leading to your employment, leading to you joining the enemy again after your defeat). Which, in an ideal situation would give your character arc a mini-closure with my later appearance/defeat. So basically the idea is to have a sub-plot tying several characters together in an unusual manner.

I approve. Not that my approval means much, but I approve.

4 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Well, if I'm working with him, I could be responsible for the report he misinterprets resulting in him recommending you to @AnonymousSpeed, leading to a completely tangled web of errors (your tactics leading to numerous deaths, my poor phrasing leading Pengaius to believe the deaths weren't your own soldiers, Pengaius misinterpreting said report... leading to your employment,

Oh, well everyone makes mistakes (especially Ruben). Who's a good Camus, you are, yes you are. 

May as well give this a go:

Character Name: Hawkwing
Forum Name: Hawkwing
Class: Preferably Thief/Assassin, although I don't mind being a Bishop or Knight/General.

Affiliation: (Optional) Antagonist
Main Appearance: Feel free to pick as needed

Portrait:

hawk_11.png

This was made for me during a rom hack project a year or so ago that sadly didn't get off the ground. There was a better version of the portrait that had the shoulders less spaced out (they were moved to be under the cape), as well as some other refinements, but unfortunately I don't have access to it. Feel free to make any edits that you deem necessary.

Other pictures that could be used (you may need to adjust the size for most of these) :

Spoiler

VGllfsvFz8jO5GvZF0iUWgixGJWCI9P4_m8uHQZ90xlwv0WH6UGkt_d14ep5AfRj0C_niW3aPoownQRCUzJJxvcaxaPYUPmUFICA0I7A-rSN7dc8Su-MranR1DBDbjgTiwsfugsQ

a2dYx6mVWAHU1x5KXiSqdrOAO3s8Zv0_ngUzbywHdF_JDK2XO87KJ_oBs-jd2k8-K7TkynNf2YiQDpzzNxke9R2odezye291U1JxKZOeLT_Scsl4_ktA32JIpKpSK3CDD1wzZZv_YexEdrtjRcrq6LfvvFic-TWSQ00IW83GVJiOqtODKfpI3g1biy6XbO6yXaIx3iW-BMz2NH_6e-qWkrAtawB74Ogro1MN3R1tr4GcJjJgytxL4_Nl-lIyfcwRLHu1zC3dYtYag-Sd2NUZGG4snAl8Kdd5OvipHi35VkM6jpQaCeHlz0lKLVd50-frBOT4SzZPAs2HYPtarEVaocU4YeznrMEwhSjIfYPhoUmvpl1c4PCkoa3gHsqFurkxE5nRBFH78T_k8NoZ20HP9aSGA5dflN6bDd8JFkc3UTR1wAJ-yrf2x3clZzqRLjXXXC1ForvOn8PavvS129R-FZheVb7WZjCWIW4Ecb4b-1y7haEDP4Sn0dDssuOBCDss8QWfIYZEtIVJNFk9o2rT4-tq6XDNXktS

rUiqarHt1tq8AuBb1hzgabopiC2vTKH9s9krd8PtkIgb_1uhZ9Twl-K_AMbc03nYn-DKSDilV_WfqY0jPJ6oZRO2ih2GhyqNTz8Zv0RjG1aAHy3hGg8seYHP-u0V2lF7C78ceVHz cr7rp51VM9K159wWhNRPwLVSY7wfJPldOaCtfaPOPxyfhVWhHAz2BrrVupSQY3vy7fbXjMX36sgyt7i218pVRDb8GcWRXpm22d6CVwLES91MlCvYyBcknSGK5jgqBAgePjKZ2iVT

Other Notes: A quiet and serious, if eccentric, thief (or whatever class I'm in) that's kinda just there. Tends to take the non-lethal route and sneak or talk their way out of conflicts, but can be surprisingly bloodthirsty if combat does occur.

Asset is Defense, Flaw is Luck. No preference for weapons.

I'm fine with being an optional boss, a reoccurring boss, an optional reoccurring boss, a one-off boss, or an optional one-off boss. I'd prefer to be optional and reoccurring, but I understand if that won't be the case.

An idea would be to be a optional boss that tries to use the chaos of the conflict to steal any treasure on the map. They'll try to avoid fighting, but aren't afraid to resort to it if someone is in the way.  If that won't work, then I can simply be a mercenary that's only fighting for the bad guys because I'm being paid to. Admittedly, I'm not that familiar with the specifics of the story, so if you have any other ideas for the level, feel free to use them. I could also potentially have some boss conversations with some of the characters.