Tears of Serenia - Boss Recruitment

Sire

Sorry for the delay, I would love to still participate, if you'd have me.

I'd love to be the Jeigan Sage/Bishop again, but if that's locked, I can just be a regular paladin.

Is it ok if this character is just my forum persona? There's certain things about me IRL I'd rather just pretend didn't exist.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sorry for the delay, I would love to still participate, if you'd have me.

I'd love to be the Jeigan Sage/Bishop again, but if that's locked, I can just be a regular paladin.

Is it ok if this character is just my forum persona? There's certain things about me IRL I'd rather just pretend didn't exist.

The Jagen slot still appears to be open on the Characters and Classes spreadsheet, so absolutely feel free to participate with your forum persona.  Just make sure you fill out the character template provided in the OP and post it for @Sire to see

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Characters in ToS are based off of the message boards, and thus the forum personas. // There's nothing that relates to real life stuff.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:26 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

The Jagen slot still appears to be open on the Characters and Classes spreadsheet, so absolutely feel free to participate with your forum persona.  Just make sure you fill out the character template provided in the OP and post it for @Sire to see

Thanks, I'll try to fill that out when I get the chance.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:00 AM, Sire said:

Characters in ToS are based off of the message boards, and thus the forum personas. // There's nothing that relates to real life stuff.

Thanks, I'm glad you guys are still wanting to have me.

EDIT: added

Character Name: Rezzy
Forum Name: Rezzy
Class: Sage (Or Bishop or Paladin, if no more Sages)

Affiliation: Protagonist
Recruitment: Automatically joins
Recruitment Time: Prologue or Chapter one, if Rezzy is to be considered the Jeigan of this adventure

Other Notes: Jeiganish bases and growths.  Skill could be the best stat.  Speed high enough early game to never get doubled, but lower growth.  Magic could start on the decent side, and have a decent growth, with middling remaining stats.

pmIlfNF.png

Edited by Rezzy

19 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So that means the Jiegan spot is now filled yeah?

Maybe, assuming no one else took it.  I think I'm old enough for the job.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, assuming no one else took it.  I think I'm old enough for the job.

Aww Rezzy, age has nothing to do with the job 😧 even younglings can have a surprisingly high level of experience!

@eclipse, @Ice Dragon, @Ottservia - If you are still interested in joining, please fill out a character application at your earliest convenience.

10/31/2019 Update: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/89403-tears-of-serenia/&tab=comments#comment-5527378

Also, if anyone joined the Discord and did not yet properly "sign-up" there, I'll be clearing out users next Friday (November 8). If you haven't made a character yet but are intending to, say so on the Discord so I can at least add you as a Guest.

Tears of Serenia is in dire need of character applications. At the moment we only have 14 confirmed participants, and I still need at least 5 more who will appear in Arc One as "Starter" units.

If we don't get enough characters, I'll probably be forced to make generics so the player has characters to field. However, Tears of Serenia is supposed to be about the users and the forums of Serenes Forest and not generic characters in a SRPG Studio game. The less generics I need to make, the better.

Edited by Sire

@Sire

Character Name: Emiri, typically goes by "Emi"
Forum Name: Ice Dragon
Class: Mamkute

Recruitment: Whatever is most convenient for the story.
Recruitment Time: Whatever is most convenient for the story. Probably sometime in the middle.

Face Portrait: In the works. Might be a bit before I can get it finished, though.

Other Notes:  Upbeat and enthusiastic. Doesn't back down from a fight, but won't be the one that starts it. Emiri is the persona that came about from my MMO days that I still use out of habit while gaming and in some of my online interactions, so she behaves a lot like how I do on the forums but with a bit less arguing and bitching (and with a bit more "Hey, let's go run Peaca Intermediate Dungeon!" and "Hey, let's go beat up Arch-Tempered Xeno'jiiva!").

Stats should be absurdly tanky, even in human form.

My old Serenes Emblem post with a sketch of the character:

Character Name: Kevinsky

Forum Name: KevinskyHaaz

Class: Cavalier (or Paladin), Mercenary (or Hero), Knight (or General) or Lord if we still need a Lord (the idea of being the main character scares me though)... basically whatever is convenient for us because all of these classes fit me.

Recruitment/Recruitment Time: Chapter 1 or 2, automatic. OR whenever is most convenient for the team.

Portrait:Portrait_matthew_fe07.png.e01e285b2e13dc57b6095b35738958c8.png

This looks kinda wonky when I adjust it to 96x96. Any ideas?

Personality: Prideful to a fault. Dramatically heroic to a fault. Impulsive. Thinks he is funny; isn't. At heart is a good man who, when told to seriously calm down, will return from whatever planet his brain lives on. Enjoys company, and will actually become extremely terrified if left alone in a dark or foreboding area. Recognizes his own faults; deep down is ashamed of his unrestrained personality that often takes things too far.

Stats: If I go Merc, Cav, or Lord, I'd be slower and tankier than most units of that class. If I go Knight, then I'll just be a typical knight. 

Other Notes: He has one blue eye. Nobody knows why. He claims to have mystical powers from it. This still has yet to be proven true or false.

6 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Still trying to figure out how to incorporate my forum persona into my character if anyone has any suggestions

Did you ever say what class you wanted to be?  (Preferably not a magical one, we have more than enough of those already)

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Did you ever say what class you wanted to be?  (Preferably not a magical one, we have more than enough of those already)

I was thinking like Myrmidon, Thief, or Archer

Just now, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

you could be the token thief or the navarre archetype...

The navarre archetype(mixed with a little bit of Owain chuuni) was kind of what I was going for but it still doesn't really solve the main problem I'm having with incorporating my forum persona into the character that being well I'll just let my pfp speak for itself

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I was thinking like Myrmidon, Thief, or Archer

We already have Kale K. as our token Thief.  As we speak Sire is trying to figure out how to include you as a Myrmidon.

I think you'd make a perfect early-game character.  Maybe you're a Severa fanboy who's also a fresh recruit into the Introductions border guard?

Character Name: Slavort Fronel Dayni
Forum Name: Dayni
Class: Soldier

Recruitment: Joins party early in act Three, possibly alongside some generics he is a part of before joining.
Recruitment Time: Act Three

96 x 96 Face Portrait: I'll confess, this is the reason I hadn't entered it yet as I've next to no experience making portraits.

Other Notes: Up until Act Three he merely acts as a generic soldier who the protagonists might happen to pass in the background now and again, running around helping in Serenia. His sincerity for his role as a guard is the thing we see the most at this stage (which can be freely used for sight gags). Then everything goes downhill at the end of Act Two. Rather than accept the end of Serenia as he knows it, he manages to figure out what happened very quickly and proceeds to help start the resistance against the new empire as the Serenian Guardians. At this point he's shown as more fierce and determined to fight the cause. He's come through the loss of several allies and had ended up wanting to continue on, seeing the lord's party as a possible cause that could succeed. He seems pretty amiable with most of them, but he particularly gets along with the Jagen, while trying to get more distant allies to get them closer to everyone else outside of battle.

His stats give him a pretty good Str, Spd and Res, while his Def and Skl are decent and HP and Luk are lower, with his growths being pretty even across the board barring low HP. He's also pretty high level, close to promotion if not freshly promoted.

Would also reveal that he had been given the Dragon Lance some time before the events at the end of Act Two, taking it out by the end of Act Three, either for himself to wield or a sufficiently skilled ally to take for themselves (If allowed, I kind of want the idea that it's like DSFE personal tomes if that's an option). His having it could also be why he remembered the Serenia of old.

Alternatively, you could just make him a Halberdier enemy boss (having been completely brainwashed). That could be something as well. Hell, he could drop the Dragon Lance after that if the idea on the personal weapons stuck.

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Maybe you're a Severa fanboy who's also a fresh recruit into the Introductions border guard?

Hmm I was thinking something a little different but you can see that below and make tweaks as needed.

Character Name: Servia
Forum Name: Ottservia
Class: Myrmidon

Recruitment: automatically
Recruitment Time: Act 1

96 x 96 Face Portrait: image.png.bb0ca60ef6ecd58ff97e4463d3fca658.png

excuse my shoddy attempts at making a portrait not a very artsy person. I'll see if I can make a better portrait somewhere down the line anyway

Other Notes: An overly cynical, abrasive, and sharp tongued individual that’s always eager to prove herself but seems to fail spectacularly at every turn. She’s very blunt and quick to anger. She’s very critical of others but can’t easily take criticism herself. Despite everything though she does care for those around him and will go out of her way to help her allies should the need arise though she’ll vehemently deny it as well as any form of genuine praise cause of her crippling self-doubt and hatred. Is a bit of a closet chuunibiyo and gets embarrassed if anyone sees her in the act. She also tends to overthink/overanalyze things a lot almost always to a fault which can get her tangled into some messy situations. Will constantly say the phrase "roll on just one more time" whenever applicable. 

@Sire that should do it. Still unsure if I should make the character male or female though. Leaning more towards female but I’ll think about it a little and update with a portrait when I’ve decided.

Edited by Ottservia

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

96 x 96 Face Portrait: I'll confess, this is the reason I hadn't entered it yet as I've next to no experience making portraits.

5 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

96 x 96 Face Portrait: not to versed with sprite work. I'll try to figure something out though

If you don't have experience with spriting, you could use something like this. That's what I used, since I too don't really have much of a knack to making sprites.

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Hmm I was thinking something a little different but you can see that below and make tweaks as needed.

Character Name: Otis(not my actual name mind you just a little pun I thought of in regards to my username)
Forum Name: Ottservia
Class: Myrmidon

Recruitment: either automatically or as an enemy recruitment whichever works best. If enemy recruitment then I suppose you could have Chloey or Lord speak with him.
Recruitment Time: Act 1

96 x 96 Face Portrait: not to versed with sprite work. I'll try to figure something out though

Other Notes: A kind but overly cynical soul and very unconfident in himself and his abilities. He tends to be untrustful and shy towards strangers but opens up quickly if you get to know him. A bit of a chuunibiyo and will come up with very wacky and overly dark stories for himself. He also tends to overthink/overanalyze things a lot almost always to a fault which can get him tangled into some messy situations. Will constantly say the phrase "roll on just one more time" whenever applicable. 

And that's all I could think of for now. Still struggling to find a way to make the Severa thing fit

Well, for suggestions, you can try to be your forum persona, or you can create a character that's essentially an expy of Severa.

Remember, the characters don't have to be self-inserts. They just have to be reflective of your forum persona. If you are known for liking a particular character, for example, it's fine to create a character that is essentially that person, but with some personal touches.

1 minute ago, Sire said:

Well, for suggestions, you can try to be your forum persona, or you can create a character that's essentially an expy of Severa.

Remember, the characters don't have to be self-inserts. They just have to be reflective of your forum persona. If you are known for liking a particular character, for example, it's fine to create a character that is essentially that person, but with some personal touches.

well there's an idea gimmie a few minutes to edit my above post a little bit then