Tears of Serenia - Boss Recruitment

Sire

On 10/17/2019 at 1:30 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Also, Emiri is the goddess's daughter, right?

Emi would be my character, yes.

5 hours ago, Sire said:

Regarding portraits, remember that they don't have to be in GBA style. They just need to be 96x96, transparent, and reflective of your forum persona. I know this will likely bring about plenty of odd-looking "face portraits," but I think that's fine for the nature of this fangame. Having Serenia be a diverse place may be interesting to see.

Time to teach myself how to do professional-quality coloring work in Photoshop...

Do you have any rough guidelines on how much of the body to include in the portrait? Should I cut it off around the same point as GBA sprites (about armpit level) or should I go higher or lower?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Do you have any rough guidelines on how much of the body to include in the portrait? Should I cut it off around the same point as GBA sprites (about armpit level) or should I go higher or lower?

Most of the submitting portraits thus far are GBA sprites, so if you want to "fit-in" with them, you can go with that.

Honestly, there is no real guideline for portraits aside from the ones I set previous, so go nuts.

it's been a while since my last time around here, but i have to say it's nice to see that the old project is still going somehow.

guess i'll resume some old infos and give a hand:

Character Application

Open Positions:
- Wielder of "Dragon Sword": i'd like for my unit to be the owner, but i'd also like to have some more infos regarding the item before taking any final decision( since i had/still have my own ideas as well )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Template

Character Name: Fenreir
Forum Name: Fenreir
Class: Great General, or eventually General in case of playable units/class restrictions.

Affiliation: Protagonist, enemy recruit.
Recruitment: see below.
Recruitment Time: Mid-Game, or eventually Late-Game in case of playable units/class restrictions.

Face Portrait:

anri-edit.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Notes:

- Main weapon setup: Magic sword( example: Levin sword ) that can be dropped after defeat, and/or Silver sword( a Brave sword would be better, but i'm not sure if it's available due to weapon rank restrictions ).

- Items to drop: Promotion Crest.

- Items to steal: Elixir, Antidote.

Personal Skills(in order of preference): Luna, Wrath, Charisma. or, based on the current skills setup: Charm, Defiance, Sol.

- Character backstory: a veteran FE player, with good knowledge about many FE titles. he wanders the lands of Serenia in search for knowledge and secrets, and wishes to complete the entire FE franchise one day.

- Route 1(Mid-Game): currently hired by -other user/main chapter boss- , wich promised to give him a unique book filled with "never found secrets" about FE games from the SNES and GBA era in exchange for his service as seasoned tactician/warrior.

truth is, -other user/main chapter boss- was just using him to defeat his/her enemies, and would eventually try to get rid of him as well due to his ties with Serenia.

Unit details: a unit surrounded by a group of Knights that will stand still at the start of the chapter, but will eventually move and attack anyone who gets in their range, or after a certain number of turns has passed.

Can be recruited? yes, but only by other specific characters. 1~2 units max: Sire and/or Von.

the talk would be about hidden secrets in Serenia with Von(signature weapon), and the "Gotoh" role/purpose with Sire(the talk would be about the conflict in Serenia).

Map type: desert oasis/beach map. hidden treasures can be found around the map, one of wich would be Fenreir's signature weapon "Arcane blade"(a type of magic sword, basicly a renamed Levin Sword. or something similar to the Fire sword from FE5 with +5 MGC bonus when equipped. or even better, something similar to the Earth sword from FE4/5 with Resire effect).

Map example:

14459.png

notes: the secret signature weapon i mentioned before would be hidden in a spot near the oasis in case of a desert map, or near the sea in case of a beach map.

Main battle quote: "You wish to challenge me? ...careful what you wish for."

Death quote: "Damn...not bad...not bad at all..."

- Route 2(Late-Game) -other user- told him that the enemy army was trying to conquer all lands of Serenia in order to destroy its knowledge. after learning about the situation, he decided to move out with a band of knights to defend his castle/map.

tricked by -other user-, instead of fighting against the main enemy army, he was about to cross swords with -Protagonist- group.

Unit details: as main chapter boss, he's waiting in a throne room for the player's group to show up.

Can be recruited? yes, but only by other specific characters. 2 units in this chapter: Sire and Von. both units need to speak with Fenreir in order to recruit him.

the talk would be about the truth behind the conflict in Serenia with both Sire and Von. On a side note: they already knew each other's tales due to all of them being part of an old project...(4th wall stuff).

after being recruited, all remaining enemy Knights/Generals in the map will turn into friendly NPC allies and start attacking available enemies.

Map type: a castle on an island in the middle of a lake. can be reached either by flying, in case flying units can trasport allies, or a bridge can be unlocked by thieves/keys. enemy reinforcements will show up from the castle in case the bridge is unlocked.

in this map, Fenreir will be already equipped with his signature weapon Arcane blade.

Map example:

14447.png

Main battle quote: "Such pride in those eyes of yours. Let us see if it can match your strength."

Death quote: "So this is where i fall...Serenia...i've failed you..."

Edited by Fenreir

13 hours ago, Fenreir said:

Template

Class: Great General, General
Requested Position: Dragon Sword Wielder

Recruitment: see below.
Recruitment Time: Mid-Game, or eventually Late-Game in case of playable units/class restrictions.

Equipment
- Magic Sword
- Silver or Brave Sword
- Elixir
- Antidote

Drops: Master Seal

- Character backstory: a veteran FE player, with good knowledge about many FE titles. he wanders the lands of Serenia in search for knowledge and secrets, and wishes to complete the entire FE franchise one day.

Nice to see you here again! Some things to address though...

1. Great General is a unique class (currently locked to my character, Sire, although some enemies and NPCs may use the class.)
-- So, you will likely end up being just a General.
-- On that note, Generals in Tears of Serenia are Lance-Locked, meaning they do not use Swords. I could swap your weapon requests with their Lance counterparts.

2. On the topic of Dragon Weapons, here's some info on them.
-- You can still claim a Dragon Weapon if desired as no one else has claimed them yet.

Name			Rank 	Range	MT	Hit	Crit	Durability	Weight
"Dragon Sword"		-	1	13	85	20	30		8
"Dragon Lance"		-	1-2	14	75	0	30		10
13 hours ago, Fenreir said:

- Route 1(Mid-Game): 
-- Hired by "Chapter boss" who promised to hand over a book of secrets about FE games in exchange for service.
-- Reality was that the client was just using the character and planned to off him later.

Unit Details:
-
Surrounded by Knights, but will move and attack anyone in range.
-- Will move after a certain amount of time.

Recruit Conditions:
- See Sire's notes below.

Map Type: Desert Oasis / Beach Map
-- Hidden Treasures Available

3. As for the chapter and recruitment conditions, this one may be more tricky.
-- At the moment I'll put your character down for Mid-Game (CH 13-18)
-- If desired, I can pair you up with Pengaius as he is an enemy for one of the mid-game chapters, so your guy can be the recruit in that chapter.

4. Regarding recruitment, my character (Sire) won't be around until late-game, and I still don't know where Von's character is yet in the timeline.
-- It is still possible to have the Von conversation, but otherwise it'll have to be with someone else (likely the main Lord).

5. Regarding the requested map, it'll likely be a Beach map as working with Deserts in SRPG Studio seems to be more of a DLC thing.
-- I could try to make your requested "Dragon Weapon" be a hidden item on the map, but then I'll need to figure out how that works in SRPG Studio. It should be possible though.
-- As for the request of your unique personal weapon, that's not happening. The best your character is going to get is one of the Dragon Weapons, otherwise it's a regular weapon like everyone else.

6. Lastly, I would like to have your desired "Bases and Growths."

Whew, I think about covers it.

6 hours ago, Sire said:

Nice to see you here again! Some things to address though...

1. Great General is a unique class (currently locked to my character, Sire, although some enemies and NPCs may use the class.)
-- So, you will likely end up being just a General.
-- On that note, Generals in Tears of Serenia are Lance-Locked, meaning they do not use Swords. I could swap your weapon requests with their Lance counterparts.

2. On the topic of Dragon Weapons, here's some info on them.
-- You can still claim a Dragon Weapon if desired as no one else has claimed them yet.

Name			Rank 	Range	MT	Hit	Crit	Durability	Weight
"Dragon Sword"		-	1	13	85	20	30		8
"Dragon Lance"		-	1-2	14	75	0	30		10

the thing is, i'd rather prefer to wield swords over lances, so at this point it might be better to just swap the unit's class to something else.

Hero would be my main alternative, if not available due to class restrictions yet again, then Swordmaster as last choice.

as for the Dragon weapons, if they're actually unique weapons, then i'm more than fine with the sword. at first i thought it was something similar to the Wyrm Slayer swords from FE games, but i guess it's a different thing in this case.

6 hours ago, Sire said:

3. As for the chapter and recruitment conditions, this one may be more tricky.
-- At the moment I'll put your character down for Mid-Game (CH 13-18)
-- If desired, I can pair you up with Pengaius as he is an enemy for one of the mid-game chapters, so your guy can be the recruit in that chapter.

4. Regarding recruitment, my character (Sire) won't be around until late-game, and I still don't know where Von's character is yet in the timeline.
-- It is still possible to have the Von conversation, but otherwise it'll have to be with someone else (likely the main Lord).

5. Regarding the requested map, it'll likely be a Beach map as working with Deserts in SRPG Studio seems to be more of a DLC thing.
-- I could try to make your requested "Dragon Weapon" be a hidden item on the map, but then I'll need to figure out how that works in SRPG Studio. It should be possible though.
-- As for the request of your unique personal weapon, that's not happening. The best your character is going to get is one of the Dragon Weapons, otherwise it's a regular weapon like everyone else.

6. Lastly, I would like to have your desired "Bases and Growths."

then Mid-Game it is. i'm also fine with being paired with Pengaius due to plot development.

about conversations, if your character will join in late-game, then Von will probably be a better choice. if not even Von will be available, then the main Lord will do.

also, i don't know if it's doable in SRPG Studio, but i was thinking about convos in FE4/FE5 style, wich means eventually getting stats boosts/items in case there's a chance to do so. that's just something beyond recruitment convos though, wich would be more of a support thing instead with your/Von's character. however, since it's not a priority, i'll just leave the idea there for now.

the Beach map will be more than fine. the idea of having the Dragon sword hidden somewhere would be very nice, as it could also be an alternative reason for my unit to be deployed in that map( rather than getting a book with secrets about FE titles from the enemy client, i would get a scroll with the secret location of the sword instead ).

in that case, i'd like to start with a Levin sword, since i would have to search for the Dragon sword eventually.

however, if it turns out to be too much work in terms of gameplay mechanics, then just let me start with the Dragon sword only and we can go back to my previous unit's plot.

as for base stats, i'll put both alternatives:

Class Name HP ATK SKL SPD DEF RES MOV

Hero 28 13 8 7 5 2 6

Swordmaster 24 9 11 8 4 4 6

growths:

HP ATK SKL SPD LCK DEF RES

60 65 50 30 25 25 20

finally, to resume:

Class: Hero, or eventually Swordmaster in case of class restrictions
Requested Position: Dragon Sword Wielder

Recruitment: see below.
Recruitment Time: Mid-Game.

Equipment
- Dragon Sword, or eventually Levin sword due to chapter/plot setup.
- Elixir
- Antidote

Drops: Master Seal

- Route 1(Mid-Game): 
-- Hired by "Chapter boss" who promised to hand over a scroll with the secret location of a Dragon weapon in exchange for service.

-- ( alternative ) Hired by "Chapter boss" who promised to hand over a book of secrets about FE games in exchange for service.
-- Reality was that the client was just using the character and planned to off him later.

Unit Details:
- 
Surrounded by Myrmidons, but will move and attack anyone in range.
-- Will move after a certain amount of time.

Recruit Conditions:
- See Sire's notes below.

Map Type: Beach Map
-- Hidden Treasures Available

guess that's all for now.

7 hours ago, Fenreir said:

[Insert Stuff Here]

1. Hero class it is. You will start off with a Levin Sword.

2. Dragon Sword claimed. Current plans are for it to be a hidden item on the map.

3. Bases/Growths - Guess I'll try to interpret these and transfer them over to ToS values...

Guess that's more or less it. Now to wait for more applications...

Oh hey, I made a little Notepad doc about my character for the other, so you can go ahead and have that attached here. I do have to say that art is something I have no talent for at all, so if I must make my own character portrait it may take me awhile. Unless my current pfp is useable. As for things the attachment doesn't address...

Protagonist, clearly. While I was intended to be a sort of Pent archetype who appears as a Green NPC in early maps before joining in mid-game, I see you have no Jagen. I would also accept that, would just need to tweak him a bit. Other than that, either role is fine with me.

For growths, I imagined him as a glass cannon, having Mag and Speed as his best stats, and Def and Res as his worst. Although if he's our Jagen, you don't want your crutch to be glassy, and evenly balanced growths might be preferred.

Recruitment if he's a Pent, he would be in mid-game as I said above, probably just by talking to Sire or Von. I don't think I'm terribly familiar with anyone else here. If he's the Jagen, obviously he's a Starter right off.

(One crazy idea which I don't know if it's possible or reasonable, is if we go with my original plan, he could have the "Cath recruitment" where talking to him repeatedly as a Green NPC eventually convinces him to join. But that's only if you really want to go far out, that literally just hit me while writing this post.)

Let me know if I missed anything. Most other stuff like personality, support material, etc should be in the Notepad.

Serenes Emblem character.txt

Character Name: Chloey
Forum Name: TheSilentChloey
Class: Healer/Mage

Affiliation: Protagonist
Recruitment: Automatically recruit after chapter "x"
Recruitment Time: Mid-game

Character Sprite:

DQuExZ_WkoxbOv1jfK8jeM12FPi84D0nq6UWRPS4IVowNKmzEEHopUAsN_izAtrIvDY4mto8calts65yRVe1o-7sWm2AVZFGpsUWqT_VSjModOXJw_DGOEOB-Frrob7y7XGVA_Vr

Other Notes: (Assets / Flaws, Story Blurbs, Character Personality... basically any other information not covered up top. Characters provided as "blank slates" will be adjusted to fit the story accordingly.)

Personality and Bio:

A mostly quiet healer who can occasionally get into hot water with others (not intentionally mind you, as she's absolutely terrible at reading people despite her being a healer and does have high functioning Autism) and has decided to join Lord's crew because "You need more than one healer right?  Okay...I guess I should help." though in her case her shy nature means she doesn't like to talk (hence the nickname 'The Silent' Chloey) to many people despite the fact she's sort of supposed to heal people, a duty she takes great pride in. Chloey is very fussy with how she gets the job done and is a bit of a perfectionist.

Asset/Flaw: Magic/Strength

The full sheet is here.

Just to put this out there...

1. We still need a Main Lord. You will be stuck in the Lord class and be locked to using Swords, but at least you will be the main character of the story!
2. We still need a Jeigan. Any T2 class will do for this role.

Also...

3. We need more "Starter / Act One" recruits. Besides Acacia (Shaman), the Main Lord, and the Jeigan (Class Unknown), we have no one else around for the first 6 chapters.
-- I need to have a roster of at least 10 units by the time Chapter 6 happens. (Hopefully it'll be a balanced party...)
-- Remember, the main premise of Arc One is fighting against "Bots/Spammers/Trolls" and the like (basically the "Bandits / Risen" for Tears of Serenia). 

As an aside, I'm toying around with the idea that Manaketes in Serenes Emblem also function as the Bards/Dancers.
-- When transformed, they are slow but powerful dragons.
-- When "human," they are fast and weak. However, they can support their allies with their performances and dancing.

I know this breaks the typical "1 Dancer Limit," but I like the idea of Manaketes in ToS being undercover as various performers. Also, the human model for Manaketes were going to be a Bard or Dancer model anyway, so why not?

On 10/23/2019 at 9:57 PM, Sire said:

2. We still need a Jeigan. Any T2 class will do for this role.

Also...

3. We need more "Starter / Act One" recruits. Besides Acacia (Shaman), the Main Lord, and the Jeigan (Class Unknown), we have no one else around for the first 6 chapters.
-- I need to have a roster of at least 10 units by the time Chapter 6 happens. (Hopefully it'll be a balanced party...)
-- Remember, the main premise of Arc One is fighting against "Bots/Spammers/Trolls" and the like (basically the "Bandits / Risen" for Tears of Serenia). 

Like I said before, I’m open to my character being the Jeigan! He is a Mage Knight after all. And since he mainly targets our Risen/monster analogue, it makes more sense for him if that’s mostly when they’re fought.

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

We're trying to reboot that SF Emblem thing and EHT was interested in you returning as the main Lord.

Oh!

Well, then I'm fine with that!

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Oh!

Well, then I'm fine with that!

Thanks!

We recommend you join our Discord so that you can keep up with things.  The invite link should be in the OP now.

EDIT: If you want to participate, please fill out the form also present in the OP.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Here is the latest weekly update, as more people are subscribed to this thread than the other one.

@TheSilentChloey All right, I moved you to be a Chapter 2 recruit and be the "first priest" the party obtains.

@MegaTheGamer At the moment I still have you down as a "Pent" of sorts. You show up as an NPC in Chapter 6 and are recruited later. // If we still don't have a Jeigan and/or you want its role, you will have it.

@LMDHad0uken If you want to be a blank slate, I currently have you down as a Griffon Rider and is recruited in Chapter 2. That okay?

For those interested in joining, please fill out the character application so I can add you to the list! Also, please remember to have your 96x96 portrait on hand, especially if you are an early recruit!

Edited by Sire

Character Name: Lucian
Forum Name: Lightchao42
Class: Sage

Affiliation: Protagonist 
Recruitment: NPC, talk with Lord
Recruitment Time: Late Game

cDxnfwx.png

Lucian starts as a wandering scholar who seeks the learn the secrets of...something, so he's indifferent to the overall conflict. He first meets the heroes as an NPC around the middle of the game to deliver whatever plot exposition is necessary, but eventually he decides to join the party because he thinks their adventure might be interesting.

Alternatively, Lucian can initially be aligned with the enemy faction if they need an amoral scientist type character, though he still isn't interested in the main conflict and can help the heroes if he runs into them. Regardless of his starting alignment, he still ends up joining the heroes near the end of the game.

We got plenty of spellcasters (probably have room for just 1 Mage and an Inquisitor/Bishop). It is encouraged for new recruits to be in a Physical class to round out the roster some more.

Also the "Late-Game"/"Arc Four" recruitment slots are now closed. New characters will either have to be a Starter, Early-Game, or Mid-Game for their recruitment periods. No T2 units in the Start position unless you wish to be the Jeigan.

3 hours ago, Sire said:

Here is the latest weekly update, as more people are subscribed to this thread than the other one.

@TheSilentChloey All right, I moved you to be a Chapter 2 recruit and be the "first priest" the party obtains.

@MegaTheGamer At the moment I still have you down as a "Pent" of sorts. You show up as an NPC in Chapter 6 and are recruited later. // If we still don't have a Jeigan and/or you want its role, you will have it.

@LMDHad0uken If you want to be a blank slate, I currently have you down as a Griffon Rider and is recruited in Chapter 2. That okay?

For those interested in joining, please fill out the character application so I can add you to the list! Also, please remember to have your 96x96 portrait on hand, especially if you are an early recruit!

Cool, so then her line can be, "You don't have a healer?  Well okay, I'll help you, because someone has to get the job done properly."

Also glad I could help XD