Tears of Serenia - Boss Recruitment

Sire

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you don't have experience with spriting, you could use something like this. That's what I used, since I too don't really have much of a knack to making sprites.

I know that one. I tried it before, it's not the best and I'd like to see some guides on spriting myself.

Here it is regardless:

2127157671_Testexport.png.5fbe4fecf45cf7d77f0842e4ac4263d4.png

If you want me to rework it @Sire I'll go do that.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

Is this working? portraitkevinsky.png.dfd24751c4af242b024082b8cb6cc7d9.png

That works, but if you want, I can try shrinking it on my end. Just give me the original file and I'll see what I can do.

@Sire I think I did this right?  I'll give it a shot.

Character name: Kinsey
Forum name: eclipse
Class: Fighter? (if you don't mind an axe-wielding lord, then I can roll with that too)

Affiliation: Protagonist
Recruitment: Chapter start
Recruitment: Act 1, the sooner the better (since I see a lack of axe guys)

Face portrait: Can I do this later?
Personality: Evildoers will be smacked with an axe.  Those that do good will be smacked with the flat side of the axe.  Is in it to beat up evildoers, because that's how life has always been.  Blame the parents for this outlook.
Other: An axe wielder with high skill growth at the cost of other things that are probably better?  Yep.

@EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen Ok, well, this is awkward, admittedly I'd like to get involved again, but it seems that I somewhat ended up botching up my timing by going radio silent for like a month, all the same I guess I'll need to resubmit, I would like to play early manakete recruit again since corra and emiri seems to be late game more likely than not.

Name: Crimson

Forum name: thecrimsonflash

Class: manakete 

Affiliation: protagonist 

Recruitment: Protagonist talks to her

Recruitment time: late part 1 or early to mid part 2

Face portrait: I'll see what I can do on that front, I really don't know what exactly to use due to my rather generic style of pfp. 

Other notes: Crimson is a fairly upbeat character just trying to enjoy herself, this can get her in trouble due to not thinking too much about her actions or words before saying them, she has a fear of confrontation and tends to avoid people she feels she has slighted (regardless of how her "victims" actually feel on the matter), this problem can also lead to her inadvertently slacking off of her duties. Crimson is also one of Emiri's retainers alongside corra and is close to both, she apologises to them often due to feeling bad for being difficult sometimes. Crimson has a tendency to grow attached to people easily. She also tries to sound smart by explaining things to people, to varying results.

Crimson could be recruited long before Emiri due to getting distracted and lost after being sent off on an errand and deciding that joining the protagonist would help her return to Emiri and would at least be a better idea than going alone. 

Boon: atk 

Bane: def

As for the general starting stat spread, high atk(mag or str whichever is the primary attack stat) and res, moderate skl, hp, and def, and low spd and the unused atk stat. 

@thecrimsonflash, @Ice Dragon, @EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen

All right, I think I have your stats down. They are in the table below.

Character  	Class		Growth Type	HP	ATK	SKL	SPD	LCK	DEF	RES				
Crimson		Manakete	Standard	100	70	30	20	30	35	45	[MANAKETE] High STR // Moderate RES			
Corra		Manakete	Standard	100	60	30	20	30	50	45	[MANAKETE] High STR, DEF, RES			
Emiri		Manakete	Important	100	45	30	20	30	65	65	[MANAKETE] High DEF, RES			
"Baseline" 	Manakete	"Class"		80	45	30	20	25	35	35

More importantly, I need to know if your character will be either a Bard or a Dancer. This determines the human model your character will be using in Tears of Serenia.
-- As a note, remember that, at present, Manaketes/Bards/Dancers are combined for this game. They can perform when human, and are powerful units when transformed. However, this may change and Manaketes may just be "pure Manaketes," only using the Bard/Dancer models for their human forms.

Edited by Sire

1 hour ago, Sire said:

More importantly, I need to know if your character will be either a Bard or a Dancer. This determines the human model your character will be using in Tears of Serenia.
-- As a note, remember that, at present, Manaketes/Bards/Dancers are combined for this game. They can perform when human, and are powerful units when transformed. However, this may change and Manaketes may just be "pure Manaketes," only using the Bard/Dancer models for their human forms.

I'm leaning towards Bard right now, but I'd probably settle on "whichever one looks more like her".

5 hours ago, Sire said:

Crimson		Manakete	Standard	100	70	30	20	30	35	45	[MANAKETE] High STR // Moderate RES			

Dancer for me

On 11/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, Sire said:

Dancer for me as well

Seems the villain advertisement worked, for I am here.

Template

Character Name: Eltosian Kadath
Forum Name: EltosianKadath
Class: Dragon Rider

Affiliation: Antagonist
Recruitment: N/A
Recruitment Time: Act 3/4,

96 x 96 Face Portrait:  mdG2iuIYRPcOnjffte2H36vtXZWtfWWYYgzESTbQ

Other Notes: Wielder of the Dragon Axe (unless you want to add a unique Bow wielding Dragon/Wyvern riding class, in which case wield the Dragon Bow), as the Legendary Dragon weapons have been split between the light, and the dark. Speed boon, and luck bane, and wielder of tactics that force the player to keep on their toes. Not evil per se, simply one who believes in the new Serenia, and would prefer to keep it as it has become. Would like one of my appearance to be as the leader of Dragon Rider reinforcements that appear later in a chapter in peaks behind the players starting position, to discourage turtling, a second (if anyone joins me in being a villainous Dragon weapon wielder) for the two villainous Dragon weapons to pull an FE4 style Julius/Ishtar first to get a kill contest, and a final where I strait up pulls a FE3/12 Rumel and leaves the throne (on a seize map, to add an unconventional victory condition to the mix.) If I appear earlier than Act 3/4 it should be as a green unit.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

I am not sure how to make transparent PNGs. I used an online anime portrait creator thing.

Character Name: Bootylicious (Boots for short)
Forum Name: @XRay
Class: Thief/Assassin/Inquisitor/Bishop (whichever class is available)

Affiliation: Antagonist
Recruitment: N/A
Recruitment Time: I am not sure when I should appear?

96 x 96 Face Portrait: 

Spoiler

jDG400N.png

Other

Notes: +Spd, -HP. Bootylicious is a cat girl that hates clothing and the fashion industry. She has a fur bikini like Panne, so she looks clothed to humans. She is fine with wearing functional clothing like cloaks and armor, but not clothing that serves no purpose besides modesty. She prefers cold weather and likes snow, and does not need a cloak to keep warm until the temperature drops below freezing. Her family and village was persecuted and driven out by greedy human nobles and merchants, stealing their land to grow cotton and flax to make garments. She vows vengeance against humans, but will work with humans who wants to cause chaos and suffering. She prefers people who are close to her to call her Boots. She prefers the company of non humans, especially animals.

If she is a thief or assassin: After assassinating her targets, she strips them and lights their clothing and any other possessions made of fabric on fire.

If she is a bishop or inquisitor: She will not hesitate to use light magic against humans to expose their inner evil that no amount of clothing will cover up. Basically, blast humans first, ask questions later.

Edited by XRay

Character Name: Alwin
Forum Name: TriforceP
Class: Fighter

Affiliation: Protagonist 
Recruitment: Talk with "Lord" (or some character appealing to emotion)
Recruitment Time: Act One

96 x 96 Face Portrait: 

image.png.ea749378603c25a47336e5e051afa31d.png

Other Notes: Not actually a bot, but fought alongside them for the hell of it until given an actual reason to do otherwise. Generally will take the devil's advocate in arguments just to get a reaction. Has a distaste with authority. Great on speed, not as much on defense. Resistance is decent though. 

hmmmmmm I think I'm seeing a lack of an archer on the protagonists team and I love bow classes, I'll have to see what I can come up with!! And I'll try to brush up on all the helpful game/story information that's been provided while I'm at it

wow it's been a while since i've been dragged out of fftf! I've been paying no attention to the ~outside world~ if I had noticed serenes emblem had a successor I would have been making a character sooner 😄

4 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

hmmmmmm I think I'm seeing a lack of an archer on the protagonists team and I love bow classes, I'll have to see what I can come up with!! And I'll try to brush up on all the helpful game/story information that's been provided while I'm at it

wow it's been a while since i've been dragged out of fftf! I've been paying no attention to the ~outside world~ if I had noticed serenes emblem had a successor I would have been making a character sooner 😄

You can still make one if you want to maybe you could be the main lord who wields bows. We could have two lords but i don't wanna overwork anyone so I don't really know if @Sire would want to do this.

Edited by EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen

1 hour ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

You can still make one if you want to maybe you could be the main lord who wields bows. We could have two lords but i don't wanna overwork anyone so I don't really know if @ Sire would want to do this.

I am willing to flex into whatever position is most convenient! Whether that's a regular later-recruitable archer or a lord archer (though rapiers are usually a royalty thing so sword/bow could maybe work too?) or a sort of secondary lord who's an archer!

I'm likely going to throw in my go-to fire emblem oc so her personality is already really well developed in my head, but I think I should be able to flex her personality between any role as needed

Soooooooooo whatever Sire thinks would work best, I can work with!

@Freohr Datia Lords don't have animations for Bows, so you will likely just be an Archer, Sniper, or Ranger (Mounted Archer).

At the moment the Lord position is vacant, but I'm starting to think that ToS doesn't need a "Lord" and simply follows the adventure of the party instead of a central character.

5 minutes ago, Sire said:

@Freohr Datia Lords don't have animations for Bows, so you will likely just be an Archer, Sniper, or Ranger (Mounted Archer).

At the moment the Lord position is vacant, but I'm starting to think that ToS doesn't need a "Lord" and simply follows the adventure of the party instead of a central character.

If there's no Lord position, then will the game still have permadeath?

7 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

If there's no Lord position, then will the game still have permadeath?

Currently, I'm still not sure. I am leaning towards "no permadeath," though, or at least "deaths have some penalty" for the character.

If I keep permadeath, I'll likely have to use a narrator for most of the story. It can work, but then it takes away from the "Serenes Emblem" a bit.

13 minutes ago, Sire said:

@ Freohr Datia Lords don't have animations for Bows, so you will likely just be an Archer, Sniper, or Ranger (Mounted Archer).

Alrighty, archer it is!! I will try come up with her story and submit the application~

11 minutes ago, Sire said:

Currently, I'm still not sure. I am leaning towards "no permadeath," though, or at least "deaths have some penalty" for the character.

If I keep permadeath, I'll likely have to use a narrator for most of the story. It can work, but then it takes away from the "Serenes Emblem" a bit.

Heh, if you do the latter, pull a SRW and make it money. To cover medical treatment basically, as SRW treats it as repair costs, to justify the loss of money to recover the unit.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heh, if you do the latter, pull a SRW and make it money. To cover medical treatment basically, as SRW treats it as repair costs, to justify the loss of money to recover the unit.

One idea I've had for an "Intermediate Mode" between Casual and Classic entails units being rendered unusable for the next map if they are defeated on the current one, becoming available again after the next map is completed.  This may be a little complex for Sire, though.

5 hours ago, Sire said:

I absolutely adore this idea. I've always treasured the idea of Fire Emblem losing its main characters/lords and instead just having the party. It emphasizes the importance of every team member instead of the leader always being the only one receiving the praise. Yes!