Who should Lissa and Maribelle marry?

Melio2.0

Heyo! I was wondering who is best for these lovely gals to marry for their kids to have really good stats and/or good abilities. 

IMPORTANT: Most threads I've read say to marry them to either Henry or Ricken respectively for their magic and such. I'll more than likely change Brady to some other magical class, but if Owain stays a myrmidon should he have a different father besides a magic based one? I don't really want to change his class. Thanks!

Edited by Melio2.0

27 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Are we just in the planning phase, or have we already started playing? If the latter, I wonder what else you have planned.

I've already started, but the only suitors unavailable are Frederick and Chrome; everyone else is fair game. I'm open to any suggestions you feel are best!

The problem with having Owain remain a myrmidon/swordmaster is that his growth rates and max stat modifiers really can't accommodate it. Having Lissa as his mother means he leans more towards magic, and away from strength and speed; both of which are needed for a myrmidon/swordmaster. 

Ricken, Henry, and Libra will boost his magic, but with a default max magic cap of 34 as a swordmaster and a max magic mod of +5 at best, it'll barely bring his magic up to par and this'll pretty much lock him into using a Levin Sword. They also do little for his speed; meaning he'll only have +1 max speed. Someone more speed-inclined like Lon'qu will give him decent speed (+4), but his strength cap is -1 and magic cap is +3. 

You can't really get his strength up; any dad that boosts his max strength mod to a total of 0 or higher ruins his speed; the other thing needed for a swordmaster. If you really, really want Owain to remain a swordsman, your best bet is probably Lon'qu, though I personally would want to save him for someone else; someone who has a faster and more physical-inclined mom. 

The thing about Brady is that he can pretty much work with almost any dad. He’s pretty hard to screw up. Thanks to Maribelle he already has acess to some great skills like Luna and tomefaire. Really at this point all he needs is mods and a couple skills to sort of help iron out the rest of his kit. Henry is probably the best dad for this as he gives Brady access to vengeance, wrath, and axefaire which is always a fun time to play around with. 

As for Owain well like others habe said he tends to lean on the magical side more than anything else so a magic dad that compliments his base skillset works well which would be either Henry, Ricken, Or Libra. Ricken because mods and luna. Henry and Libra provide dark mage access and Henry in particular also provides access to wrath for the always fun Vantage/vengeance/wrath combo so yeah.

11 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

The problem with having Owain remain a myrmidon/swordmaster is that his growth rates and max stat modifiers really can't accommodate it. Having Lissa as his mother means he leans more towards magic, and away from strength and speed; both of which are needed for a myrmidon/swordmaster. 

Ricken, Henry, and Libra will boost his magic, but with a default max magic cap of 34 as a swordmaster and a max magic mod of +5 at best, it'll barely bring his magic up to par and this'll pretty much lock him into using a Levin Sword. They also do little for his speed; meaning he'll only have +1 max speed. Someone more speed-inclined like Lon'qu will give him decent speed (+4), but his strength cap is -1 and magic cap is +3. 

You can't really get his strength up; any dad that boosts his max strength mod to a total of 0 or higher ruins his speed; the other thing needed for a swordmaster. If you really, really want Owain to remain a swordsman, your best bet is probably Lon'qu, though I personally would want to save him for someone else; someone who has a faster and more physical-inclined mom. 

10 hours ago, Ottservia said:

The thing about Brady is that he can pretty much work with almost any dad. He’s pretty hard to screw up. Thanks to Maribelle he already has acess to some great skills like Luna and tomefaire. Really at this point all he needs is mods and a couple skills to sort of help iron out the rest of his kit. Henry is probably the best dad for this as he gives Brady access to vengeance, wrath, and axefaire which is always a fun time to play around with. 

As for Owain well like others habe said he tends to lean on the magical side more than anything else so a magic dad that compliments his base skillset works well which would be either Henry, Ricken, Or Libra. Ricken because mods and luna. Henry and Libra provide dark mage access and Henry in particular also provides access to wrath for the always fun Vantage/vengeance/wrath combo so yeah.

Alrighty! Thanks. Just quick question: (in a attempt to see if Myrmidon Owain can be a good unit😂) Do any of you know how the all-powerful Donnel fairs as his Dad? I have a feeling he would ruin his speed, but maybe I'm wrong?

15 minutes ago, Melio2.0 said:

Alrighty! Thanks. Just quick question: (in a attempt to see if Myrmidon Owain can be a good unit😂) Do any of you know how the all-powerful Donnel fairs as his Dad? I have a feeling he would ruin his speed, but maybe I'm wrong?

Here are his stat modifiers with Donnel as his dad:

Str +0, Mag +2, Skl -1, Spd +0, Lck +6, Def +1, Res +1

He'd have really good luck (though that matters little). But yeah; no boost to his speed. 

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Here are his stat modifiers with Donnel as his dad:

Str +0, Mag +2, Skl -1, Spd +0, Lck +6, Def +1, Res +1

He'd have really good luck (though that matters little). But yeah; no boost to his speed. 

Thanks! I'll probably end up marrying Lissa to Ricken or Libra, then switch Owain to a magic based class. Thank y'all for all the advice!

Yeah, I will have to agree that marrying them to one of Libra, Ricken or Henry is best, considering that both Lissa and Maribelle's modifiers are magically inclined. In case you don't know, modifiers are added to or subtracted from the class caps to get the unit's caps. Ergo, Lissa and Maribelle have higher caps in magic and lower caps in strength and defense. Those and their husband's modifiers are applied to their children (who get +1 added to the sum of their modifiers).