13. Ferdinand
14. mbyleth 
15. Lorenz
16. Marianne
17. Annette
18. Hubert
19. Ashe
20. Sothis

https://japanesenintendo.com/2019/10/16/fire-emblem-three-houses-character-poll/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A bit surprised to see some of the results with both Byleth placement.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, Bernadetta kind of surprised me. I know that Japan likes her but it still surprises me to see her that high.

Cool to see Lysithea that high. 

And wow Sothis is ranked fourth at first S support? Haha, oh Japan.

>Bernadetta #1 girl

God Dammit Japan

Although I'm pretty glad to see Dimitri and Claude at 1# and #2 and Edelgard down in 4th. Also Hilda being so popular makes me happy though, her in Crimson Flower is one of my favorite moments of character growth on other routes.

I'm not as surprised as I would've thought at seeing Bernie at the number one spot. People seem to adore her and she gets an obscene amount of fan art.

A little sad to see Seteth so far down and Felix so high up, but I think one of my biggest surprises is seeing Mercedes and Shamir grabbing the number six and seven spots, respectively.

Is there a math error in the combined top 20? If Ashe placed lower than M!Byleth among males yet is several places higher in the combined poll...

Edit: oh wait I'm looking at it in reverse.

Edited by Glennstavos

The first time I've ever agreed with Japan's top female choice. Bernie has been my favorite female since Day 1 so seeing that here does my heart good.

I'm also glad to see Annette in the Top 10, even beating out Dorothea. Annette is a character I feel way too many people disregarded. She's just too wholesome.

Ferdinand boy made it quite high. Love this, really one of my favorites.
Otherwise, Mercedes, Shamir and Marianne also have not a bad placement. And Felix is also good.

Wished a bit for Rhea and Manuela to place better. But in case of Manuela I kind of get it that not all like her. But sometimes we can give more love to our Zealot Rhea.

20 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The first time I've ever agreed with Japan's top female choice. Bernie has been my favorite female since Day 1 so seeing that here does my heart good.

I'm also glad to see Annette in the Top 10, even beating out Dorothea. Annette is a character I feel way too many people disregarded. She's just too wholesome.

I echo these. Plus, I have a softspot for Bernadetta. She's perfect girlfriend material. 

On a related note, I have a newly acquired disdain for Hilda, because she reminds me so strongly of my recently acquired ex, with her tendency to shift every burden on to others. Much hate.

Edited by Etheus

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I echo these. Plus, I have a softspot for Bernadetta. She's perfect girlfriend material. 

On a related note, I have a newly acquired disdain for Hilda, because she reminds me so strongly of my recently acquired ex, with her tendency to shift every burden on to others. Much hate. 

Hey...

Maybe people like Hilda because she grows out that....

Did you not fight her in Crimson Flower or notice her position in Golden Deer

28 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Is there a math error in the combined top 20? If Ashe placed lower than M!Byleth among males yet is several places higher in the combined poll...

I don't believe so. Ashe got 458 votes compared to Byleth's 572. It just that there are 8 other characters in the 600-400 range.

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by Jingle Jangle
Nev

Just now, SubwayBossEmmett said:

Hey...

Maybe people like Hilda because she grows out that....

Did you not fight her in Crimson Flower or notice her position in Golden Deer

I know, I know. And I appreciate that growth on both accounts. It doesn't make her a favorite but, I get it. Plus she's a really good unit. 

I could say the same exact thing for Lysithea. She hits a sore spot for me due to being so overwhelmingly harsh to everyone in her C & B supports, but she does grow out of it.

I kind of weigh the character as a whole, not just their endgame personality growth. But I'm certainly understanding of why they rank so highly.

1 hour ago, De Geso said:

Surprised to see Edelgard so low. Perhaps it's because of what happened with Crimson Flower.

Likely that + the fact she's the main bad guy of the game and her justifications for starting the main conflict can be either pretty sound or downright idiotic depending on who you ask.

I'm just surprised to see the guys have more votes overall than the girls.

...actually that's a lie, I'm also surprised by the placements, but I don't mind: Three Houses has an all-star cast where everyone has something valuable about them except Lorenz.

And while I expected Dimitri to dominate the popularity poll (and pretty much guessed he would top the S Support one too) it's still...unexpected? to see him do so. He's definitely winning the next CYL.

It's odd that Edelgard takes 2nd place on the Supports poll but fourth in the women's one though. I wonder how much of that is the Edeleth fandom's doing - the amount of fanart those two get is incredible.

Finally: I like Byleth, so I'm happy both versions ranked so high. Surprising too, but happy nonetheless~

14 minutes ago, Moltz23 said:

Likely that + the fact she's the main bad guy of the game and her justifications for starting the main conflict can be either pretty sound or downright idiotic depending on who you ask.

Yeah I'm not surprised at this. Edelgard is pretty much an extremist and that sort of character is going to be divisive no matter what. 

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It's odd that Edelgard takes 2nd place on the Supports poll but fourth in the women's one though. I wonder how much of that is the Edeleth fandom's doing - the amount of fanart those two get is incredible.

From what I'm reading, that poll asked who your first S-support was.

So I think that has more to do with people S-ranking Edelgard early on out of curiosity, but obviously not everyone stayed attached to her character after playing through the whole game.

Haha, I have fan art of this game's top girl in Japan as my profile pic.

Really, though, I'm just glad to see Annette and Marianne somewhere on this list.  Never done a playthrough without them.

And I also take particular delight in the GameFAQs community having a conniption over Bernadetta's placement.

11 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

From what I'm reading, that poll asked who your first S-support was.

Thanks! And yeah, that makes sense.

This also means so many people picked Sothis as their first S Support. Uh...

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

And I also take particular delight in the GameFAQs community having a conniption over Bernadetta's placement.

😛

SYLVAIN IS POPULAR! I kinda thought he might be, but to see confirmation that he is makes me so happy. Same with Claude being way up there too! I tend to like the unpopular characters (save for Ike...). So this means so much that I finally actually like the popular ones.

Too bad Seteth didn't crack the top 20 though, I really like him too.

I'm not a huge fan of Bernadetta, but I can appreciate that she's first for females, honestly. I'm a lot like her.

Edited by Anacybele

Seteth is low, but...more for me! But honestly, he's stupid popular across the pond, probably due to his VA being a memelord p, and his character not being a pile of tropes. I have a feeling such a list would look rather different outside Japan. Claude is likely the most popular lord in the west, and people are gaga for Dorothea and Hilda. 

I do like that my Hubie got in the top 20. I lurves himbs